Thread: Off-Road Riding Academy

Bike
    BMW GS 1200 LC
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Off-Road Riding Academy

http://www.countrytrax.co.za/courses.php#intro

I just booked myself on a “Off Road” Riding course. I am not sure how many of you know about Countrytrax. Check out the website.
    They are willing to give discounts for groups from Think Bike.

This first course is an “Introduction” to off-road, and the second course that I will go on is 3 days (From Friday Morning to Sunday Afternoon). It looks like great fun but also helps to handle the bike.

Check it out and see who would like to go. The weekend course is monthly close to Ermelo, and they say most of the Gauteng guys prefer to go to this venue. Note that they offer this countrywide.

Hope to see some of you there.
    I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.....

Bike
    R80GS PD
    Region
    Gauteng

Cool, countrytrax is awesome. Superb facilities, excellent trainers, nice area for the outride Sunday morning. Make sure, your insurance is up to date, you will fall. Some fall a little, others fall a lot. Some break little, some break big. Although I did my intermediate years ago, I had some "light" falls only, but the initially superficial looking damage came to R 18K.

When you go for the three days, make sure you are in the best physical condition you can be. That weekend will bring you to your limits, particularly when you are not used to off-road riding. Put knobblies on and full ATGATT. Have fun. Consider using a trailer to get there as your bike may get damaged.

For some Amersfoort is too far away, in that case consider ADA on Satellite Road, their training is also superb but the facility is so much closer.
    You don't ride in the rain, you don't ride!

Draadloos met n draad

Bike
    BMW R1200GS; PGO G-Max 220Fi; BMW R1200R; Kawasaki KDX200
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by THE MOOSE View Post
    Cool, countrytrax is awesome. Superb facilities, excellent trainers, nice area for the outride Sunday morning. Make sure, your insurance is up to date, you will fall. Some fall a little, others fall a lot. Some break little, some break big. Although I did my intermediate years ago, I had some "light" falls only, but the initially superficial looking damage came to R 18K.

When you go for the three days, make sure you are in the best physical condition you can be. That weekend will bring you to your limits, particularly when you are not used to off-road riding. Put knobblies on and full ATGATT. Have fun. Consider using a trailer to get there as your bike may get damaged.

For some Amersfoort is too far away, in that case consider ADA on Satellite Road, their training is also superb but the facility is so much closer.
    Agree...

but the introductory course is not that bad, if you fall (or in country trax terms have a sidestand incident) it will at SLOW speed and damages should be very minimal. Refer to last weekends "bike show" for an indication of the course content.

Enjoy and have fun

Bike
    BMW GS 1200 LC
    Region
    Gauteng

Moose thanx for the advice. Yes I thought of getting an extra set of rims later on with knobblies on since I will not use those tyres everyday.
    Willie Thanx I am sure it will be fun.
    I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.....

Bike
    F650GS, F800GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AJV View Post
    http://www.countrytrax.co.za/courses.php#intro

I just booked myself on a “Off Road” Riding course. I am not sure how many of you know about Countrytrax. Check out the website.
    They are willing to give discounts for groups from Think Bike.

This first course is an “Introduction” to off-road, and the second course that I will go on is 3 days (From Friday Morning to Sunday Afternoon). It looks like great fun but also helps to handle the bike.

Check it out and see who would like to go. The weekend course is monthly close to Ermelo, and they say most of the Gauteng guys prefer to go to this venue. Note that they offer this countrywide.

Hope to see some of you there.
    Thanks for this. I'm going for training at CountryTrax next weekend. Another contact for offroad training I heared is very good

www.adasa.co.za
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/ADA-t...47412268616400
    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well" - Voltaire

Biker Trash
    Bike
    GS (Amadeus)
    Region
    Gauteng

How do you guys rate the BMW rider academy offroad courses?

Bike
    R80GS PD
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by DirkM View Post
    How do you guys rate the BMW rider academy offroad courses?
    Very good. Excellent instructors (well, when I was there, don't know the present one's besides Jan Staal, for him it's better if jy praat die taal, jy weet...?) and great facilities, training area, outride area for Sunday. You won't regret it. Buy the DVD as you will look at it many times later again and again.

Bike
    BMW F800GS (Jack Russel)& 1150 GSA (Boer boel)
    Region
    Western Cape

Country Trax Amesfoort's weekend training course is great fun and well worth the money. Fitness is key and will help you to get the most from the weekend. I was still smoking heavily when I did it three years ago and karked. Definitely on my list to do again in future, as I believe you need to do it more than once.

Biker Trash
    Bike
    GS (Amadeus)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by THE MOOSE View Post
    Very good. Excellent instructors (well, when I was there, don't know the present one's besides Jan Staal, for him it's better if jy praat die taal, jy weet...?) and great facilities, training area, outride area for Sunday. You won't regret it. Buy the DVD as you will look at it many times later again and again.
    Are you referring to the one day courses they have at Zwartkops? Or the one they have at the farm? I'm thinking of the Zwartkops based one...

Bike
    No Bike, No hospital visits
    Region
    Gauteng

Those ADA courses look awesome. I know what I'm adding to my birthday wishlist...

Biker
    Bike
    BMW R 1200 GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by luv2ride View Post
    Country Trax Amesfoort's weekend training course is great fun and well worth the money. Fitness is key and will help you to get the most from the weekend. I was still smoking heavily when I did it three years ago and karked. Definitely on my list to do again in future, as I believe you need to do it more than once.
    And Karked we did! I am going with my kids during the first weekend of October. I am taking the g450x this time though, I am to unfit to do it with the 1200

Bike
    BMW F800GS (Jack Russel)& 1150 GSA (Boer boel)
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by BikerJan View Post
    And Karked we did! I am going with my kids during the first weekend of October. I am taking the g450x this time though, I am to unfit to do it with the 1200
    Bwaha, weer bietjie gaan muise aanjaag en kyk of jy beter kan land Jan Valk (klavier). Gaan seker ook weer bikes soontoe Stoetie.

Enjoy,

Bike
    R80GS PD
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by DirkM View Post
    Are you referring to the one day courses they have at Zwartkops? Or the one they have at the farm? I'm thinking of the Zwartkops based one...
    I think that Country Trax is not doing Zwartkops. Z used to be the introduction course to off road riding (with BMW) after which you go to Country Trax in Amersfoort. I was talking about Amersfoort, though.