Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where is Think Bike?

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Ok I will do that so check this space on what support can I count in terms of banners and flyers. Can we make a run out of it? ect ect
    Mark 19 October as a possible big date. On that date we will have almost carte blanche at Zwartkops Raceway. We will have scrutineers checking race bikes and will have people managing the gate. We are welcome to have a gazebo with products and we can move freely between race teams and spectators. A good spot for what you have suggested.

Capt Grumpy - The Comedian
    Bike
    R1200R
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi Knight

My spin is this

A sh1t load of hard work goes into any campaign to get it to a certain point, Think Bike has reached that certain point. Now comes the difficult part. Just like Apple, we need drivers and commitment and enthusiasm. Some of us, Crash, Dave 31, myself took it so far, then others took it a little further and so it went until it became self sustaining. the campaign is now much bigger than any one person, or group of people for that matter, and just like Apple, we have to keep reinventing to remain sustainable.

That in itself is the problem, we are looked at as being successful, as being "here"

Now the hard part, how do I get "YOU" to go out and do "what has already been done" and /or "do something new".

I can only suggest at this stage but ultimately it will come down to "what can I do for the campaign" and not "what can the campaign do for me"

I can tell that the current Directors are willing to support any idea that is workable, even if it is back to the basics of what made the campaign successful to start with.

Good on you for wanting to get involved
    Spent my therapy money on a K1200S
    Therapy must have worked, bought a GS
    Insanity crept back in, in the shape of an R1200R

A horse, a horse... my Kingdom for a horse. Knight's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja z1000sx (Skye)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Mark 19 October as a possible big date. On that date we will have almost carte blanche at Zwartkops Raceway. We will have scrutineers checking race bikes and will have people managing the gate. We are welcome to have a gazebo with products and we can move freely between race teams and spectators. A good spot for what you have suggested.
    Must just check that date I know we are doing the 5500km in 5 days some where in October. Other wise will be there.
    Who said a Knight must have a white horse. ::

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Hi Knight

My spin is this

A sh1t load of hard work goes into any campaign to get it to a certain point, Think Bike has reached that certain point. Now comes the difficult part. Just like Apple, we need drivers and commitment and enthusiasm. Some of us, Crash, Dave 31, myself took it so far, then others took it a little further and so it went until it became self sustaining. the campaign is now much bigger than any one person, or group of people for that matter, and just like Apple, we have to keep reinventing to remain sustainable.

That in itself is the problem, we are looked at as being successful, as being "here"

Now the hard part, how do I get "YOU" to go out and do "what has already been done" and /or "do something new".

I can only suggest at this stage but ultimately it will come down to "what can I do for the campaign" and not "what can the campaign do for me"

I can tell that the current Directors are willing to support any idea that is workable, even if it is back to the basics of what made the campaign successful to start with.

Good on you for wanting to get involved
    What about we arrange a run to some ultra cities where we can stop at each of them to hand out flyers before going to the next one?

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Region
    Gauteng

From a member who has not actually physically "done" anything...

I think I speak on behalf of a lot of people when I say, "time, time, time". I, for instance, work a full day, leaving at 06h00 and getting home about 17h00 during the week. Some people are bound by even longer hours. Then it's household & family commitments in the evening and weekends. I would volunteer for projects if I had the time. Think Bike is an extremely noteworthy cause which I believe in whole-heartedly. If campaigns come up whereby I can actually help, I certainly will do so... In the meantime, I punt TB as much as I can by word of mouth
    It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not...

Women are Angels, and if our wings get broken, we simply continue to fly ... on a broomstick ...

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by GSeXR600 View Post
    From a member who has not actually physically "done" anything...

I think I speak on behalf of a lot of people when I say, "time, time, time". I, for instance, work a full day, leaving at 06h00 and getting home about 17h00 during the week. Some people are bound by even longer hours. Then it's household & family commitments in the evening and weekends. I would volunteer for projects if I had the time. Think Bike is an extremely noteworthy cause which I believe in whole-heartedly. If campaigns come up whereby I can actually help, I certainly will do so... In the meantime, I punt TB as much as I can by word of mouth
    This is all anyone can ask. If you support raising awareness and saving lives, do what you can, when you can.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

As roomers has it there is a public holiday comming up so What about we arrange a run to some ultra cities where we can stop at each of them to hand out flyers before going to the next one?

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA LC
    Region
    Western Cape

As Nike says... Just do it!

Organise it, get the flyers and tell the world where you'll be... if some folks can make it, they will... if they can't - don't stress... you'll be there - doing what you're doing... educating 1 motorist/ biker at a time.

GSeXR600 - grab some flyers/ stickers and every time you stop for fuel - or if you're 10 minutes ahead of your schedule to get to work... stop... hand out flyers and educate 10 motorists/ bikers...

Like a bucket, filled with 1 drop at a time... you'll soon have a 100 or so educated folks under your belt just by putting in 10 minutes 'work' every now and then...
    Everybody crashes.
    Some get back on and ride again.
    Some don't.
    Some can't.

Mexican Slayer
    Bike
    XT660R and Draconia my Motard.
    Region
    Western Cape

Must just check that date I know we are doing the 5500km in 5 days some where in October. Other wise will be there.
    What an amazing opportunity to spread the word! Remind me a month before the time and I will ensure that you have stickers to hand out to the masses on your roadtrip

As roomers has it there is a public holiday comming up so What about we arrange a run to some ultra cities where we can stop at each of them to hand out flyers before going to the next one?
    Great idea - email Réhann (réhann@thinkbike.co.za) to arrange to hook up with him to get flyers
    I never try anything, I just do it >;

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by SmartTart View Post
    What an amazing opportunity to spread the word! Remind me a month before the time and I will ensure that you have stickers to hand out to the masses on your roadtrip

Great idea - email Réhann (réhann@thinkbike.co.za) to arrange to hook up with him to get flyers
    Will do!!

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA LC
    Region
    Western Cape
    Everybody crashes.
    Some get back on and ride again.
    Some don't.
    Some can't.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Kannie dis n werks dag vir my.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by SmartTart View Post

Ok so ek het Rehann gemail en niks daarvan gekom nie so weer eens vra ek waar is "think bike" wou nou more baie moeite in sit het tot selfs 6 ander manne gereel wat saam ry en nou moet ek met n rooi gesig vir hulle gaan se sorry Think Bike het my 'n groot put gedruk. Julle wil he mense moet die ding dryf maar as dit by die push kom is Think Bike net nie daar nie. die Leaders se die members moet goed reel en doen, al ooit gehoor van "lead by example" as n leader nie iets reel nie warborg ek julle niemand sal nie. Maar die feit bly staan julle kannie eers n paar flyers by iemand kry of se waar om dit te kry as iemand iets wil reel nie. Julle is reg die is net n sticker campaign en dit is wat dit sal bly.
    Dit help ook nie om wakker te skrik op 'n track dag nie want dit is waar die bikers wat klaar "think bike" is wat help dit?

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    None Right Now
    Region
    Western Cape

I assume "course" means "cause" ?

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by SauRoN View Post
    I assume "course" means "cause" ?
    My bad yes sorry cause
    never could spell

Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

Ok so ek het Rehann gemail en niks daarvan gekom nie so weer eens vra ek waar is "think bike" wou nou more baie moeite in sit het tot selfs 6 ander manne gereel wat saam ry en nou moet ek met n rooi gesig vir hulle gaan se sorry Think Bike het my 'n groot put gedruk. Julle wil he mense moet die ding dryf maar as dit by die push kom is Think Bike net nie daar nie. die Leaders se die members moet goed reel en doen, al ooit gehoor van "lead by example" as n leader nie iets reel nie warborg ek julle niemand sal nie. Maar die feit bly staan julle kannie eers n paar flyers by iemand kry of se waar om dit te kry as iemand iets wil reel nie. Julle is reg die is net n sticker campaign en dit is wat dit sal bly.
    Dit help ook nie om wakker te skrik op 'n track dag nie want dit is waar die bikers wat klaar "think bike" is wat help dit?
    Hi Knight.
    From what I can see on Facebook, Rehann is away at the moment, could I suggest that you try mailing either AMZ or Vixen, they may just be able to help you. You could also try contacting the directors here: http://thinkbike.co.za/2012/index.ph...-the-directors.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by colyvon View Post
    Hi Knight.
    From what I can see on Facebook, Rehann is away at the moment, could I suggest that you try mailing either AMZ or Vixen, they may just be able to help you. You could also try contacting the directors here: http://thinkbike.co.za/2012/index.ph...-the-directors.
    Thanks colyvon
    AMZ was part of this thread from the beginning could he not helped me then? I decided to give it up as a bad experience and move on. This is foresure the last time I will attempt doing something for think bike and sit with a redface when trying to promote think bike.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks colyvon
    AMZ was part of this thread from the beginning could he not helped me then? I decided to give it up as a bad experience and move on. This is foresure the last time I will attempt doing something for think bike and sit with a redface when trying to promote think bike.
    Indeed, I was. You were requested, by Safron, to contact Réhann. There is a good reason for that. He is the one who could help you. Since there was no way for me, or anyone else to know that you did, in fact, contact Réhann and that he did not respond, there was no way for me to know you required further help.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Indeed, I was. You were requested, by Safron, to contact Réhann. There is a good reason for that. He is the one who could help you. Since there was no way for me, or anyone else to know that you did, in fact, contact Réhann and that he did not respond, there was no way for me to know you required further help.
    My point exactly is there no communication between the people running the campaign do you have each other’s phone numbers? So that if one is gone he at least tell someone that while he is away you don’t tell a person to contact him and make that person go ahead waste his time and wait for responses just to hear “oh he is away sorry we did not know.”
    I only had a email address and could not know this guy is out of town at all that is where you guys should come in, or am I wrong?

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

My point exactly is there no communication between the people running the campaign do you have each other’s phone numbers? So that if one is gone he at least tell someone that while he is away you don’t tell a person to contact him and make that person go ahead waste his time and wait for responses just to hear “oh he is away sorry we did not know.”
    I only had a email address and could not know this guy is out of town at all that is where you guys should come in, or am I wrong?
    You are wrong. Sadly, nothing any of us say or do will change your mind. I knew he was not available. How could I know he did not receive, or did not respond to your e-mail?