Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Life with a chinese mistress

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

Nice looking Ride! I hope it continues to give you pleasure!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Looks quite good in red! Congrats!
    Thanks. The mention of the color just made me realise that this bike has a real international story!

They took the Chinese bike that was built while the German clients where looking away, brought it to South Africa into a Market filled mainly with Japanese bikes and then took a leaf out of the American Henry Ford's book by offering me:

Any color that you want, as long as it is red with black...or black with red. You choose. (Ok, so Ford only offered black, but this is 2012! we have made progress in the last few decades!)

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Vespa 1 View Post
    Nice looking Ride! I hope it continues to give you pleasure!
    Thanks...I hope so...I realy realy hope so...

But then... yelling at people is good for the nerves....

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Pick of my Motomia 250:

186115_797380295_539793_n.jpg

...ok, not realy...still have to take the photos...just thought it could be funny...

Bike
    Suzuki Bandit GSF1200S, Honda CBX250, Yamaha YBR125, Suzuki GN125 'tracker, '68 Honda CB450K1
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    The F650GS is a 800cc engine.
    Nope; the engine is the old F650GS single cylinder unit that has its origins in 1993 with the Funduro, continued into the F650GS and still survives as the G650GS. With a bulletproof motor like that, the money and muscle to pay for European design influence (even MV Agusta now has Chinese links) and a reasonable price, I'll be surprised if the Japanese aren't getting a little nervous.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Bike
    BMW F650GS, Rose R6, CB400F (ICU)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Pick of my Motomia 250:

186115_797380295_539793_n.jpg

...ok, not realy...still have to take the photos...just thought it could be funny...
    And you're on tippy-toes!!!

I checked out the site and it really is a beauty. I like her. Congratulations again.
    Ride with me, drink with me, party with me, make memories with me, defend our lifestyle with me but whatever else you do, never **** with me. I just did not want you to mistake my jovial nature as a weakness. I AM WHAT I AM - A BIKER BY CHOICE.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Region
    Western Cape

Good sense of humour Ares

Bike
    BMW F650 GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Banditman View Post
    Nope; the engine is the old F650GS single cylinder unit that has its origins in 1993 with the Funduro, continued into the F650GS and still survives as the G650GS. With a bulletproof motor like that, the money and muscle to pay for European design influence (even MV Agusta now has Chinese links) and a reasonable price, I'll be surprised if the Japanese aren't getting a little nervous.

The F650 is a twin - and 800cc, well 798 to be pedantic.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Side note: MotoMia is importing Loncin bikes....Loncin makes 650 engines for BMW.... what capacity did you say yours was? :P

here is a boring post on it: http://www.webrtcworld.com/news/2006/11/12/2069407.htm

Here is a 650 Loncin (That MotoMia is considering importing @ R4? ????) http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...g650gs-engine/

On the MotoMia site: http://www.motomia.com/NewModels.htm
    Loncin makes single
    cylinder engines, both 450 and 650 for BMW. They however do this to preset specs and quality levels.

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Loncin makes single cylinder engines, both 450 and 650 for BMW. They however do this to preset specs and quality levels.
    Lets hope that they take a leaf out of that book with their own 650 single..

I also saw that a Chinese CFMoto 650 twin will be making rounds at some stage..

Untitled.jpg

I like the look of the Naked one....did not even know about the fared toury one...

http://www.cfmoto.cn/Product.php?id=7

So you should shortly have a choice between a 650 single or twin in Chinese spec!

makes you want to run around waving your hands and screaming: The Chinese are coming! The Chinese are coming!

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

A post on the CFMoto 650: http://infohighlight.info/motorcycle...kawasaki-er-6/

Aparantly its basicaly a Kawa ER6N ripoff....I like the ER6N....

Bike
    Suzuki Bandit GSF1200S, Honda CBX250, Yamaha YBR125, Suzuki GN125 'tracker, '68 Honda CB450K1
    Region
    Eastern Cape

True, except the Loncin 650 in that link uses the G650 motor: the original F650 single. As AMZ pointed out, they make several engines for BMW. BonMW kept the 650 nameplate for the detuned version because it was such a strong brand. That's why when popular demand brought the restyled 2000-2007 F650 back into production they had to rename it the G650.

Smart choice of engine. Bulletproof and fits with new rider bhp restrictions in some potential foreign markets.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Everytime I see a BMW claiming to be a 650 now, I scream in my head: Liar Liar, Pants on Fire!

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Day 2

So, day 2 of my Chinese affair.

I realised that commuting at a more sedate 80km/h (for now) gives me more time to think about stuff. Everything isn’t flying at you, threatening to poke you in the eyes should you blink for too long like it is when doing 140km/h.

So, while I was commuting back home, and to work again this morning, I was pondering the 2 disk brakes on the MotoMia… I finally realised why they put two on there instead of one.

But to explain my theory, I first have to give you some insight into who Ares is. People have been known to call me a Stingy Scottish Jew (I do not know why…I’m not even Jewish!). It is also said that I am a specials hunter. There might be a rice grain of truth in this (See what I did there? Rice grain…Rice Rocket…Chinese…get it? Get it?) as I did manage to Heimlich a 50% discount out of MotoMia on my 300km service due to being a “Cash client”. After being told that I am already buying at a discounted “launch” price and that everything else is almost at “cost”… Ja right…that’s like saying the price of a second hand bike is not negotiable….EVERYTHING is negotiable...

This led to me the conclusion that MotoMia is a very considerate dealer. They put a SPARE braking system on the front for me…I can disconnect the second one, and when the first is done, I can use the other!! How about that!! How many Jap bikes give you spare parts as standard?

Anyhoo. Please wave or bob the head hello when you pass me en route to the rest of your lives. I will be the guy on the left struggling to NOT go faster than 80….
    Last edited by Ares; 08-11-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: stupid spacing

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMom View Post
    Pic?
    The chinese actually improve with run in.
    And let this be a lesson to all. Always listen to Mom...

The bike is starting to feel stronger with 120kms on the clock. I got on the R300 this morning and it surprised me by trying to creep up to 100km/h. Didnt sound like a Chinese bike trying to get there....was just chugging away happily...

And I got checked out by a CBX250 rider yesterday...Not sure, but I do think I detected a hint of jealousy....or he was trying not to throw up at the thought of sharing the same road with my Chinese bike....either way, he was turning green...

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Region
    Gauteng

And I got checked out by a CBX250 rider yesterday...Not sure, but I do think I detected a hint of jealousy....or he was trying not to throw up at the thought of sharing the same road with my Chinese bike....either way, he was turning green...
    It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not...

Women are Angels, and if our wings get broken, we simply continue to fly ... on a broomstick ...

OOM BMW-fan aka ****
    Bike
    BMW 1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Another thing I notes was that the welding on the MotoMia is no where near the standards of Japanese bikes. But since it isnt Japanese, you have to check it against the Chinese standard...

Keep checking the welding. I have seen some Chinees welding joints come unstuck
    Shyt happens, get over it

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Gert View Post
    Keep checking the welding. I have seen some Chinees welding joints come unstuck
    This was my thought as well. The welding realy looks shoddy...although my previous Chinese bikes (Jailing JH125L and Gomoto Freedom GT125) never came apart.

Will keep an eye on it anyway. Thanks for the headsup.

Bike
    R1200GS (Faith), Yamaha FZ6S (Honi)Sold, KLR650 (Rover)Sold
    Region
    Free State

Would be interesting to check the speedo against a GPS to see how much it overreads? My Pulsar 8%; showing 120, doing 110. (use my Nokia cellphone)
    Riding a straight and smooth road does not make a skillful rider.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Banditman View Post
    True, except the Loncin 650 in that link uses the G650 motor: the original F650 single. As AMZ pointed out, they make several engines for BMW. BonMW kept the 650 nameplate for the detuned version because it was such a strong brand. That's why when popular demand brought the restyled 2000-2007 F650 back into production they had to rename it the G650.

Smart choice of engine. Bulletproof and fits with new rider bhp restrictions in some potential foreign markets.
    Smart thing about the G650GS, even in SA, is you can have it preset to 10kw less if you are a noob. At anytime later they can reset it fir you.