Gauteng

Waiting for second opinion...

Thanks, Ares!

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    300km service pretty much opened the "go fast" juice on mine. Rode it the 40km home at 120km...and no more...
    Sorry, I fixed my post so as not to overly offend the "Real bikers"

Biker
    Bike
    Motomia Monza 250
    Region
    Western Cape

Cool. Will see how she feels going 100km/h now as have only taken her up to 90km. What is your Monza sitting on now in terms of milage?

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by JeffbWill View Post
    Cool. Will see how she feels going 100km/h now as have only taken her up to 90km. What is your Monza sitting on now in terms of milage?
    ...dont know... havent been on it since the accident. My dad and brother has been using the bike.

But I think it is between 900 and 1000 kms.

Bike
    Current: MotoMia Monza EX:Honda VFR Future:GSXR k7+ and Yamaha VMax
    Region
    Western Cape

sorry i missed the updates.. to 1Ant.. you wont go wrong getting the monza..its a lovely commuter..
    and JeffbWill...afer teh 300km service you are cleared to open her up.. i have taken her to red line and all the way up to 130 easy..

the steering was a little light, but it wasnt a nuisance or anyhting. once you riding it a while you dont technically steer anyways.. so that doesnt matter...

mines just under 800km now and getting stronger each day..i dont regret the purchase at all..

the guys at Motomia will be more than willing to fit a top box for you!!

Biker
    Bike
    Motomia Monza 250
    Region
    Western Cape

I traded in my Motomia Enzo (150cc) for the Monza about half a month ago and all I can say is ...... DAMN!!! She rides like a dream, she handles beautifully, she looks greats, and gets better with age.
    You can not go wrong with a Monza. Even the price yells ....... HELLO!!!!!
    Last edited by JeffbWill; 13-12-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Spelling

Lurker
    Bike
    Honda e-Storm
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks IrU3.

I see the other 250's I've tried have front wheel sizes of 100/80 or 110/80 but the Monza has 110/70s, so I guess if I find the steering a bit light I could put on a 110/80...

Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

yep, although i dont think you should change the front wheel. the bike drops quick and is perfect for through traffic and town driving in its current setup. if you made the steering stiffer it wouldnt be as easy to handle in town. that is more what you look for on a straight line speedster..

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by IrU3 View Post
    yep, although i dont think you should change the front wheel. the bike drops quick and is perfect for through traffic and town driving in its current setup. if you made the steering stiffer it wouldnt be as easy to handle in town. that is more what you look for on a straight line speedster..
    I agree. the setup is fine as it is.

Lurker
    Bike
    Honda e-Storm
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Ask the guys at MotoMia. They are very friendly and helpful at both the branches that I have been at.

I sent David at the Claremont branch an e-mail asking.
    Did you get a response from David regarding the price for a top box bracket?

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Nope. A bit disappointed, but hoping its due to silly season madness...

Sent a followup.

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

damn...

Davids reply:

------------------------------------
    Good day,
    I have no details on the carrier system for the Monza, as I have been made aware it is a custom bracket,
    The Box is R599.00

I believe my head office 0861 668664 might be able to assist with a quote for you.

I hope this helps, please feel free to contact me if I can assist with anything.
    -------------------------------------

Oh well....

Bike
    R1200GS (Faith), Yamaha FZ6S (Honi)Sold, KLR650 (Rover)Sold
    Region
    Free State

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ant View Post
    Thanks IrU3.

I see the other 250's I've tried have front wheel sizes of 100/80 or 110/80 but the Monza has 110/70s, so I guess if I find the steering a bit light I could put on a 110/80...
    Your steering feel is built into your steering geometry, the rake and trail, and there is not much you can do about that. Putting on a higher profile front tyre will not make a difference; all you will be doing is increasing the circumference of the tyre which in turn will give you a slower reading on your speedo at the same revs if the speedo reads from the front wheel and not from the gearbox.

Anyone checked their speedo error on a GPS yet?
    Riding a straight and smooth road does not make a skillful rider.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by SandyN View Post
    Your steering feel is built into your steering geometry, the rake and trail, and there is not much you can do about that. Putting on a higher profile front tyre will not make a difference; all you will be doing is increasing the circumference of the tyre which in turn will give you a slower reading on your speedo at the same revs if the speedo reads from the front wheel and not from the gearbox.

Anyone checked their speedo error on a GPS yet?
    Agreed. Quick turn in is a standard fell on a sporty bike. It is so for a reason. Also changing from 110/70 to a 110/80 will make a 11mm difference in actual hight and that would screw more stuff than it will fix. In fact, it may even turn in quicker.

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi Monzaneers!

Back on the bike after the accident and December madness. Feels good to be back.

I am afraid that I have been let down by my Chinese mistress. It turns out that she is a bit of a slut. While I was confined to a cage, she has been sleeping over at my dads, and giving both him and my brother rides!! At least she is keeping it in the family...

First commute was in wonderful Cape Town wind, allowing for elbow scraping down the N2 straights (Knee scraping is so yester year when riding in Cape Town winds).

I am noticing more and more Monzas on the road...Happy to see that people are joining the fraternity even with the extra R1000 on the price tag...

Anyhoo. Good biking to one and all. Hope to see you on the road!

Biker
    Bike
    Motomia Monza 250
    Region
    Western Cape

Glad to see you back up and riding. Dont see any my side of the world in the South. Still just mine and my mates up the road.
    And the Monza went up by R2000, so glad to still see people are finding her as great as we are

Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

the wind is terrible on the open highway...twice i alsmost got completely knocked over by a stray gust...if the wind was constant it would be fine..but its those sudden gusts that kill me..

i am also seeing more and more Monzas on the road.. they are really good bikes. i wish i could enjoy her as much as i did before my fall.. but i seem to be afraid to drop her..i have this constant feeling that it wants to go down to the left(the side i fell towards) its not great..taking turns i feel as if there is no grip on the road so i slow down to basically stopping..

i am afraid i dont trust her anymore..we will have to see if that comes back..i am now only riding her on short rides to the shop or to get food or to a friends house...

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by JeffbWill View Post
    Glad to see you back up and riding. Dont see any my side of the world in the South. Still just mine and my mates up the road.
    And the Monza went up by R2000, so glad to still see people are finding her as great as we are
    ...Well, I paid R18 999 for mine, so R19 999 is just R1000 for me....damnit! COuld have saved another grand!!!!

Biker
    Bike
    Motomia Monza 250
    Region
    Western Cape

Bummer. I paid R17999 for mine, but will be paying a lot more as took it out on finance.

Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

i paid 17999..
    the price went up more because they are giving away more as freebies.lol. instead of just a free helmet you also get a free vest and gloves now too..so they had to make that up somewhere..lol