Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ER-6's - Mechanical Failure anyone?

Bike
    TW200 - Nezumi, and a restoration project.
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Thanks guys! I am also definitely hoping on some warranty-love!
    I will also definitely keep you guys posted!
    *** The views expressed in my postings are my own and I will stand defiantly behind them!

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Hi Guys!

So after long delay, and me losing patience (I had been without the bike 8 weeks and felt justified) I strongly urged the Dealership to make something happen and I was eventually informed that Kawasaki SA (KMSA) had approved my warranty claim, and would be supplying the parts! GREAT news! I am overjoyed, looking forward to getting her back etc. etc.

BUT now I am being told that I will still have to pay for the labour etc

Does this seem correct?
    I do not understand how it can be under warranty and be getting fixed under warranty but I must still pay for the repairs? Me paying in to this situation in my mind negates the fact that there is in fact a warranty?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!
    *** The views expressed in my postings are my own and I will stand defiantly behind them!

Bike
    S1000XR for the fun, ST10 still fun.
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi there.

I just had warranty issues sorted on my Tenere.

The labour was included.

Check with Kawasaki SA.
    It must have two wheels.....

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Will do, thanks very much!

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

I have fired off an email to KMSA! I am very interested in hearing what they will have to say.

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Smellentino View Post
    I have fired off an email to KMSA! I am very interested in hearing what they will have to say.
    Good. please keep us posted. Remember, sometimes being a hardass is required... but dont start out as one!

I tend to, since I am usually quite upset by the time I complain, and I have come to think that it sometimes hinders the process...

As I learned with my first service complaint years and years ago (at the school snoepie): Scream loud and long enough and eventually someone will give in, just make sure it isnt you...

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi Guys!

So after long delay, and me losing patience (I had been without the bike 8 weeks and felt justified) I strongly urged the Dealership to make something happen and I was eventually informed that Kawasaki SA (KMSA) had approved my warranty claim, and would be supplying the parts! GREAT news! I am overjoyed, looking forward to getting her back etc. etc.

BUT now I am being told that I will still have to pay for the labour etc

Does this seem correct?
    I do not understand how it can be under warranty and be getting fixed under warranty but I must still pay for the repairs? Me paying in to this situation in my mind negates the fact that there is in fact a warranty?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!
    This is how manufacturers usually do things after the warranty has expired. They supply the parts, but the customer needs to pay for the labour. Right or wrong, it is sort of their first step of "helping". I suggest a nice chat with Kawasaki, SA in this regard to see if you can get some or all of the labour as well, especially since it is touch and go on whether it was under warranty, or not.

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

..Is the bike out of warranty?

If it is, then nice of them to help!

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Chris Speight from KMSA got back to me very quickly saying that he would investigate from his end if I would supply the dealer name.
    This morning I received an email from East Coast's wonderful Customer Care lady Thando to say they are investigating the dates of my claim.

It seems to me the dealership has claimed as if I am out of warranty which is not the case!

Some background info:
    I had the bike collected October 4th 2012 when she died on me and then when I first heard back from the Dealers they said they were concerned the repair would be very costly as I was just out of warranty but would do what they could.
    I was not out of warranty as far as I knew and inquired how that could be, I was told that on their records I had collected my bike on October 1st 2010 to which I told them no, that I was supposed to have but there were delays on their side so I only collected the ER later and would check my paperwork. Turns out my Registration of Warranty was for the 6th of October when I collected after the delays so I was in. It seems they have processed without taking my Warranty Registration in to account!

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Hooray!
    Within 2 minutes of posting this the Dealer Principal replied and has apologised for this glitch and let me know that the bike repair will be covered IN FULL!

JOY!

Bike
    NC750X (Frunkenstein!)
    Region
    Gauteng

...yoh! cutting it fine! luckily you didn't wait a few days before taking it in!

Glad to hear its gonna be sorted!

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Hooray!
    Within 2 minutes of posting this the Dealer Principal replied and has apologised for this glitch and let me know that the bike repair will be covered IN FULL!

JOY!
    Wonderful news! Happy for you!

Bike
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Thanks guys, I really am over the moon.

Saam 'n stukkende skoen. DerekConradie's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda CBR600F, Giant OCR3, Cannondale SuperSix Evo
    Region
    Gauteng

Tis the season...
    I am who I am because I do not know how to be anybody else.