Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Banner R59

Bike
    Goldwing GL1100 & GL1500
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Banner R59

I know that the 2 bikers hanging the banner are just trying to raise awareness but by standing there and waving and asking cars to hoot you are causing 2,5km back up on the highway, it might be fun for you but I think you are just causing resentment than awareness.
    Carpe Dieme all you want, I've already seized the day.

AMZ and Moose fan!

Bike
    BMW S1000R, K1300S
    Region
    Western Cape

it's impossible to make everyone happy all the time

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    I know that the 2 bikers hanging the banner are just trying to raise awareness but by standing there and waving and asking cars to hoot you are causing 2,5km back up on the highway, it might be fun for you but I think you are just causing resentment than awareness.
    Wow! We have had many banner days (4 a year) for at least 6 or so years. Not once did it cause a back up of traffic, nor did it cause any resentment. Maybe the 2,5km back up was caused by something else, giving motorists more time to study the banner? Anyway, can't please all the people all the time.

Trip 7s
    Bike
    HONDA NC750X
    Region
    Gauteng

Judging by the smiles and waves and thumbs-up we were getting, I would say that any resentment that may be caused, is far outweighed by the awareness gained. If even one more cager, after seeing the banner, thinks twice before changing lanes and thereby avoids taking a biker out, the morning has been a resounding success.
    One accident on a freeway involving a cager and a bike, or any accident for that matter, would cause far more delay than traffic travelling a bit slower because they see a few hi-viz vest on a bridge up ahead.

Bike
    BMW R1200RS (ex BMW F800GT, Honda NC700X) ..... Bianchi, Cannondale, Colnago
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by colyvon View Post
    Judging by the smiles and waves and thumbs-up we were getting, I would say that any resentment that may be caused, is far outweighed by the awareness gained. If even one more cager, after seeing the banner, thinks twice before changing lanes and thereby avoids taking a biker out, the morning has been a resounding success.
    One accident on a freeway involving a cager and a bike, or any accident for that matter, would cause far more delay than traffic travelling a bit slower because they see a few hi-viz vest on a bridge up ahead.

Besides creating an awareness, judging by the % of motorists that smiled, waved and hooted at us, im sure that the majority of them went to work with a smile on their face and feeling a whole lot happier.

Bike
    BMW F650GS, Rose R6, CB400F (ICU)
    Region
    Gauteng

HUH?
    Ride with me, drink with me, party with me, make memories with me, defend our lifestyle with me but whatever else you do, never **** with me. I just did not want you to mistake my jovial nature as a weakness. I AM WHAT I AM - A BIKER BY CHOICE.

Bike
    Goldwing GL1100 & GL1500
    Region
    Gauteng

After the congestion people were speeding and driving aggressivly to make up the 20 min they lost so what ever happiness you saw was short lived

Bike
    The "C"
    Region
    Gauteng

Slow down...read..understand..practice...spread the news.
    @ Sparticus: How would you do this, if you were the volunteer on the bridge?
    Positive inputs may assist us.
    Suddenly terror struck...he`s never seen a naked woman before...

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

After the congestion people were speeding and driving aggressivly to make up the 20 min they lost so what ever happiness you saw was short lived
    Please Lord, close my eyes to all the negativeness around me. If I can make somebody smile and feel good for 5 min, my work is done. Every other smile will be a bonus.
    Ride with me, drink with me, party with me, make memories with me, defend our lifestyle with me but whatever else you do, never **** with me. I just did not want you to mistake my jovial nature as a weakness. I AM WHAT I AM - A BIKER BY CHOICE.

Bike
    06 black 1200S Bandit and 98 red 1200S Bandit
    Region
    Gauteng

I will refrain from any comment. Responding to idiotic statements is a time-wasting and futile passtime
    Maturity is a grossly overrated achievement

I am who I am. Your approval is not required nor desired. Those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter

AMZ and Moose fan!

Bike
    BMW S1000R, K1300S
    Region
    Western Cape

After the congestion people were speeding and driving aggressivly
    ermmm .............. don't they do that normally ............ on the planet I come from they do .........

SOOOOO .............. slowing dem cagers down a bit actually then kept everybody safe for just a leetle 2.5km or thereabouts

Capt Grumpy - The Comedian
    Bike
    R1200R
    Region
    Gauteng

Like the Metro cops have been saying lately

Bikers are their own worst enemy's

After doing banner days for many years, the positive responses outweigh the negative thousands of times over.
    Spent my therapy money on a K1200S
    Therapy must have worked, bought a GS
    Insanity crept back in, in the shape of an R1200R

Bike
    The "C"
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    I will refrain from any comment. Responding to idiotic statements is a time-wasting and futile passtime
    I guess so. In my universe I accept positive critique from the doers, not from any pretender having a little hissy fit behind a keyboard...
    And before I elicit any finger pointing that indeed I was nowhere to be found on any bridge this morning...in my defense ....even if a weak one by my own standards....I was carting luggage for some of the JOH ladies...since around 06h45....
    Suddenly terror struck...he`s never seen a naked woman before...

Bike
    06 black 1200S Bandit and 98 red 1200S Bandit
    Region
    Gauteng

Sparticus (sp?? Spartacus) probably lives in the same glass house with Jesse Green. Careful that the rain of shattered glass doesnt cut you mates

http://voices.news24.com/jesse-green...-south-africa/
    Maturity is a grossly overrated achievement

I am who I am. Your approval is not required nor desired. Those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter

Bike
    Kawasaki KLE650 Versys, Kawasaki ER6 F
    Region
    Gauteng

I cant believe you! But I will rather refrain from putting the rest of my comments ... but this I will say, if there was an accident then that would have "justified" your delay! Well it was not - it was bikes for bikes and cages day !!
    Positive thinkers act, Negative ones talk

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Sparticus, what are YOU doing actively and positively towards helping the campaign to save bikers' lives?

Just asking.

Bike
    Goldwing GL1100 & GL1500
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Elouise View Post
    Sparticus, what are YOU doing actively and positively towards helping the campaign to save bikers' lives?

Just asking.

I ride safetly it isnt my job to be nannying any other biker. I am just suprised that bikers are asking for cagers to be considerate yet its ok to inconvinience them when it suits you.

Bike
    Harley, Ducati, BMW plus a few more
    Region
    Gauteng

This guy can't be serious. What an idiotic statement. 2.5km backup for two guys hanging a banner on a bridge. Does he know how long it takes to hang a banner and how long it takes to develop a 2.5km backup. I guess he just wants to blame someone for the delay.

Bike
    Goldwing GL1100 & GL1500
    Region
    Gauteng

If you had to be delayed because every car infront of you was slowing down to watch a dog take a crap would you not be a little ****ed off

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

I ride safetly it isnt my job to be nannying any other biker. I am just suprised that bikers are asking for cagers to be considerate yet its ok to inconvinience them when it suits you.
    No1. Knowledge you must gain.
    No2. Peace in yourself you must find.
    No3. Acceptance of yourself you must find.
    No4. The Brother and Sisterhood within the biker community you must make your own, for care for each other we do.

As in any group, you will find peeps doing things that are not really acceptable. We try to reach them too and show them they are endangering their own and other people's lives.