And...STOP... What the heck mense

DOWN BOYS...DOWN!!
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

Bike
    Harley Davidson, Dyna Wide Glide
    Region
    Outside South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Look Vuilgoed, you already insinuated that ST and I lied when we said we would do it when we get a moment. I take offense at that. That is that.
    I wasn't insinuating anything. If you took offence, well, then that's too bad. Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.

I think you guys are making waaaaaay too much of this. I am curious, that's all. Quite frankly, it makes no difference to me either way. The day it stops being fun and informative to come here, I'll stop. This is not the only biking forum on the net.

Bike
    BMW F650GS, Rose R6, CB400F (ICU)
    Region
    Gauteng

I use that "New Post" tab and I don't miss out on any fun. It's surprising to see how many Hi I'm new threads are being hi-jacked and turned into a lot of laughter.
    Ride with me, drink with me, party with me, make memories with me, defend our lifestyle with me but whatever else you do, never **** with me. I just did not want you to mistake my jovial nature as a weakness. I AM WHAT I AM - A BIKER BY CHOICE.

Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng

FACT:- If it were not for TB and my interactions with members in person and on this here forum... I would not still be here... I've learned more here about biking (and not necessarily in the pub) than I did in lessons. More situations are described in Better Biking or Biker Down, that a Noob can take and learn from... I've used the Pub to meet and ride with some amazingly tallented and patient forumites, including ALL on this thread and many more. As a Noob, I was tood to "ask questions and read" - and yes I chat alot too...but I took tha advice and manage to apply it.... I think, personally, the Pub may appear to be "quieter" because the Noobs are in a new section...but that is becoming a fun place too... Its great to go to better biking and find answers to questions more easiy...and the Pub is a place where we can chillax and just be...
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

Bike
    BMW F800 ST
    Region
    Gauteng

Traffic in general on the forum is quiet these last couple of weeks......just saying. I myself do not post a lot but once upon a time you had at least a full page of posts being commented on.

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA LC
    Region
    Western Cape

This has got to be the oldest thread dig-up of all time... July 2012... that makes it 2 years and 2 months.

But it is still relevant.
    I think in general, banter has slowed down on the forum, as more people opt for the Facebook route.
    Don't know if we can get actual traffic stats from the forum admins.
    Everybody crashes.
    Some get back on and ride again.
    Some don't.
    Some can't.

Mexican Slayer
    Bike
    XT660R and Draconia my Motard.
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    T
    Don't know if we can get actual traffic stats from the forum admins.
    sept.png
    I never try anything, I just do it >;

Grammar Nazi (Wish I was a biker) Buelligan's Avatar
    Bike
    XTaZee
    Region
    Gauteng

Not enough free beer. That's why
    Looking for a new onw...some Mad Scot stole mine

Bike
    Hyosang GT650R (sold), CBR1000RR (sold), BMW R1200GS (sold), BMW 650X (sold), R1200GSA 2016
    Region
    Outside South Africa

Seems feb/mar/april was the bussiest months so far.

Bike
    The "C"
    Region
    Gauteng

The campaign in my view has quietened down considerably over the last 18 months.
    Quite a number of peeps are still after many moans and groans, experiencing technical difficulties using the forum.
    Also, it seems that quite a number of the higher activity peeps have actively abandoned the campaign, or have left the forum.
    Maybe I`m wrong?
    Suddenly terror struck...he`s never seen a naked woman before...

Mexican Slayer
    Bike
    XT660R and Draconia my Motard.
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    The campaign in my view has quietened down considerably over the last 18 months.
    Would tend to agree - Not sure if it is as much 18 months...but definitely quieter over the last 6 or 7. You got me wondering so I pulled the traffic stats, could only go back to April 2012, but they seem to show the same is true for forum traffic...
    2013.jpg

Quite a number of peeps are still after many moans and groans, experiencing technical difficulties using the forum.
    Yep, I used to post and browse predominantly from my mobile. Now that I can't open posts that contain emoticons or pics, I browse less, and post less.

Also, it seems that quite a number of the higher activity peeps have actively abandoned the campaign, or have left the forum.
    Maybe I`m wrong?
    Not sure, if I could get onto the forum more often, I'd probably be in a better position to form an opinion in this
    I never try anything, I just do it >;

Bike
    Hyosang GT650R (sold), CBR1000RR (sold), BMW R1200GS (sold), BMW 650X (sold), R1200GSA 2016
    Region
    Outside South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by SmartTart View Post
    Would tend to agree - Not sure if it is as much 18 months...but definitely quieter over the last 6 or 7. You got me wondering so I pulled the traffic stats, could only go back to April 2012, but they seem to show the same is true for forum traffic...
    2013.jpg

Yep, I used to post and browse predominantly from my mobile. Now that I can't open posts that contain emoticons or pics, I browse less, and post less.

Not sure, if I could get onto the forum more often, I'd probably be in a better position to form an opinion in this

Yip....new forum was to be up months ago. A bad link/forum makes people browse less and less cause people dont like to struggle

Bike
    R80GS PD
    Region
    Gauteng

I'm listening. We are working on it as well. I'm comparing as well.

One fact we can not change is that fb has replaced a lot of activity which used to be forum based. At least on the three biking related forums I am active on. And another two which are based overseas.
    You don't ride in the rain, you don't ride!

Bike
    BMW F800 ST
    Region
    Gauteng

The fb page is for a non members as well. The pub in particular was changed so that only members may participate. Bantering in general happens more in "general" threads. I respect the decision made at the time but the board may want to reconsider if you want more hits.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

TB's WebMaster
    Bike
    Kawasaki Versys 1000
    Region
    Gauteng

One of the other things that has resulted in a huge reduction in traffic is the implementation of an IP ban list. While this shows in the statistics as a reduction in traffic to the forum, it is not traffic that we want.

When I took over administration of the forum last year there were a huge number of attempts by spammers to register on the forum, 460 897 requests for the forum registration page in September 2013. While I have not completely eliminated the problem last month, August 2014, there were only 75 416 requests for the same page.

Over the same time period the number of pages served to IP addresses where the country of origin cannot be identified or originating from China has decreased from 594 011 to 136 352.

I agree with The Moose in that Facebook has taken a lot of traffic that used to be on websites.

Bike
    The "C"
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Maars View Post
    The fb page is for a non members as well. The pub in particular was changed so that only members may participate. Bantering in general happens more in "general" threads. I respect the decision made at the time but the board may want to reconsider if you want more hits.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    I agree.
    At the time the closure of the pub had its merits.
    The campaign surely had its ups and downs over its existence. In the odd 4 1/2 years I`ve been a member, only one or two years stand out as high activity years. What is clear to me is that the forum was also very much active in regards to related campaign issues in those active periods. Positive campaign related forum issues attract positive people.
    Suddenly terror struck...he`s never seen a naked woman before...