Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 52 Cents a day. Pretty worthless?

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Default 52 Cents a day. Pretty worthless?

52 CENTS PER DAY COULD BUY;

• 18 1/5 Peanuts (150g);
    • 8 9/10 teaspoons of Petrol (44, 6 ml);
    • 6 1/4 teaspoons of Coke (31, 19 ml);
    • 4 teaspoons of Black Label Beer (20, 09 ml);
    • 35, 86% of one Cigarette;
    • ¼ of a slice of white Bread;

OR

• THINK BIKE Membership!

Membership costs only R190 per year (R120 for under-16s)!

As a Section 21 Company (Not for Profit Company) , Think Bike is funded solely through the generosity of sponsors, donations, sales of regalia and memberships. Offering membership has two advantages for the campaign; while it provides us with a much needed income to be able to print safety information pamphlets, banners and stickers; it also helps to raise our profile in the biking and wider community as a force to be reckoned with.

WHY BECOME A MEMBER?

By joining the campaign as a Member, not only do you contribute funding to one of the most recognized and respected Safety and Awareness campaigns in South Africa, but you also become eligible to enjoy several other benefits that are offered exclusively to Think Bike Members. Membership fees are payable annually, and are currently R190 (52 cents per day!) for anyone over the age of 16 and R120 for those under 16.

These funds are used to provide you with:

1. a membership card
    2. two 'Do Not Remove" reflective stickers for your helmet;
    3. annual cover from Road Cover;
    4. and the balance constitutes a contribution to the campaign and will be used to further the aims of the campaign.

WHAT DO I GET?

Membership Cards: Each member receives a credit card style membership card that has been personalized with the member’s name, membership number & expiry date, medical information (as may be required for use by medical professionals in the case of an emergency) as well as ICE (in case of emergency) contact details. Lost or stolen Membership Cards can be replaced at a cost of R30 by contacting membership@thinkbike.co.za .

RoadCover: Think Bike has negotiated a deal with RoadCover whereby all members are covered for Road Accident Fund claims. RoadCover will handle your claim from start to finish, and take no commission or fees at all.

Discounts: Various dealers and retail outlets around the country offer paid-up Think Bike Members discounts on various products and services. These discounts can only be obtained on production of a current membership card.
    http://www.thinkbike.co.za/membership/member-benefits

Northern Regions Racing: Your ThinkBike membership card will allow you and your passenger (bike or car) free access to any motorcycle race presented by Northern Regions Racing.

Full Forum Access: Including Bikers Pub where members can discuss bike and biker related topics, or for that matter, any subject they may think off as long as it is kept civil.

Building Friendships: For many members, their membership to TB has brought about new and lasting friendships with fellow bikers;
    Be Part of a Biking Community: As a paid up member of Think Bike, you will be able to participate in many “brekkie” runs, TB sponsored runs, training, TB Events and be exposed to the FUN part of biking.

Making a Difference: As a paid up member of TB, your contribution will assist to make the roads SAFER for all Bikers.

And you thought that 52 cents per day could buy you very little...?

Think again...THINK BIKE!

(Posted with thanks from the Events Team)

Bike
    BMW F650GS, Rose R6, CB400F (ICU)
    Region
    Gauteng

On 6 October I'm going for my 1st lesson ever and at only R360. At the NRR races I went in for free. As a single woman 10% off purchases means a lot and riding alone all over the place, Road Cover is a must. The friendships I built up all over SA is of course priceless.
    Ride with me, drink with me, party with me, make memories with me, defend our lifestyle with me but whatever else you do, never **** with me. I just did not want you to mistake my jovial nature as a weakness. I AM WHAT I AM - A BIKER BY CHOICE.

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR750(Jenny)
    Region
    Gauteng

Discounts: Various dealers and retail outlets around the country offer paid-up Think Bike Members discounts on various products and services. These discounts can only be obtained on production of a current membership card.

Like who?
    If you can dream it, you can do it.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Dane View Post

Like who?
    Some are listed here.

TB member Benefits

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR750(Jenny)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Some are listed here.

TB member Benefits
    Thank Youops:
    If you can dream it, you can do it.

Bike
    The "C"
    Region
    Gauteng

Here`s the thing....

If life has taught me a few things, then one of `em is surely that if you want to prosper in life, one should give back something to your community...paying forward your knowledge and sometimes money.

52 cents.... per day!

How many of us would even stoop to pick up 50c if it fell out of our pocket? Think carefully now?

This morning I gave my local petrol jockey R5 for washing the windscreen...why? Because he remembers my car/bike...he mostly tries to be the 1st one there to assist me...and if he can`t, he comes over for a chat.
    Thus he is my-go-to-guy at this Petrol Station.....Elias is his name. BTW. ....And yes, he is part of *my* community.

What has this to do with TB membership?
    Directly, well not a lot I would surmise.

Indirectly, maybe a whole lot more than meets the eye.

Maybe it is about one`s mind-set in life I guess. Being part of a community. I may even venture to say to be part of creating a community.
    I guess one can choose to live your life as you please...selfishly for oneself...or do something more worthwhile..even give back something small like 52c per day ?

Think Bike drives a campaign by and with volunteers, all of `em very much like yourself, to make YOU, the reader, SAFE.

I chose TB, amongst some other campaigns, because it should make a difference...no, it must.

Now if *should* brings some nay-saying worms out of the woodwork..also know this..

Never criticize the walking man, if you haven`t tried on that man`s shoes...

By the way...did you know you and your kids will be able to enjoy, amongst other things, the plendours of the Protea Banks and Aliwal Shoal for many years to come ...because a handful of divers and other campaign contributors willed it so over many years ?...both reefs today are protected wildlife sanctuaries...being brought about by volunteers who had to put in a lot of sweat and sometimes tears.

What has this to do with Think Bike....I guess to the ignorants...well, nothing.

To the informed. Yes, I do see you smiling. As perhaps *TB bikers* should.

So c`mon, why so serious? Just sign up. It will make you feel better. As it should.
    Suddenly terror struck...he`s never seen a naked woman before...

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Come on clever dudes and dudettes, let's ad to the list. What can we get for 52c? See if we can build this so long that everyone who sees it joins immediately. I will start my list:

- 8km on a rear tyre
    - 0,025ml colour ink for a inkjet printer
    -
    -
    -
    -

Bike
    The Mighty V-Max 1200
    Region
    Gauteng

I"ll see that 52c a day and sponsor membership for somebody who cannot afford it right now.
    I'll do the transfer tomorrow and let the membership team assign it to whomever they see fit to.... (Except Splat... he gets too cross!)
    Won't bow to man. Won't bow to government.
    Won't bow to greed. Won't bow to false hope.
    Won't bow to self. Won't bow to modern code.
    Won't sell my soul to a dead world. I DEFY!
    (The World is a Thorn - Demon Hunter)

Bike
    Honda VFR800 Crossrunner
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Come on clever dudes and dudettes, let's ad to the list. What can we get for 52c? See if we can build this so long that everyone who sees it joins immediately. I will start my list:

- 8km on a rear tyre
    - 0,025ml colour ink for a inkjet printer
    - less than half a smoke (I'm in, see you at 1000 Bike show)
    - just over 1ml Capt. Morgan
    - saving someones life - priceless!!
    -
    Biker mice from Henley :hello1:

Mexican Slayer
    Bike
    XT660R and Draconia my Motard.
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by ta2bryan View Post
    I"ll see that 52c a day and sponsor membership for somebody who cannot afford it right now.
    I'll do the transfer tomorrow and let the membership team assign it to whomever they see fit to.... (Except Splat... he gets too cross!)
    You Kind Sir, ROCK!!!
    I'll mail you now
    I never try anything, I just do it >;

Bike
    BMW 1200 GSA, HD Fatbob CVO, BMW K1600GT, BMW S1000rr, BMWK1300R
    Region
    Gauteng

Only item on Bid or Buy for 52c
    http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/66146...VE_VF_U_M.html

Why not advertise a TB membership on Bid or Buy?

And on Gumtree, 48 rolls of 2 ply for R190
    http://johannesburg.gumtree.co.za/c-...AdIdZ379881869
    "Evil prevails when good men fail to act."

Bike
    BMW 1200 GSA, HD Fatbob CVO, BMW K1600GT, BMW S1000rr, BMWK1300R
    Region
    Gauteng

Just a thought, our church ran an "each one reach one" campaign a while back. Fairly simple idea, every member recruit one more member over a 12 month period, thereby doubling the numbers every 12 months.

I know it is an age old idea, but if every TB member just committed to getting one fellow biker to sign up every year...

I guess what I am saying is: I will find 1 guy and get him to join before 12 June 2013
    "Evil prevails when good men fail to act."

Mexican Slayer
    Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by MarioStoltz View Post
    Just a thought, our church ran an "each one reach one" campaign a while back. Fairly simple idea, every member recruit one more member over a 12 month period, thereby doubling the numbers every 12 months.

I know it is an age old idea, but if every TB member just committed to getting one fellow biker to sign up every year...

I guess what I am saying is: I will find 1 guy and get him to join before 12 June 2013

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by MarioStoltz View Post

Cool idea. Thanks for also putting in your bit!

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

I've been thinking a lot about this 52 cents a day R190 a year thing and I still can't find a valid reason why somebody wouldn't want to join.
    Ride with me, drink with me, party with me, make memories with me, defend our lifestyle with me but whatever else you do, never **** with me. I just did not want you to mistake my jovial nature as a weakness. I AM WHAT I AM - A BIKER BY CHOICE.

Bike
    Yamaha R1 Pillion
    Region
    Gauteng

Warning Warning Warning ... Blonde Moment about to erupt...

If all Noobs are gently nudged to introduce themselves first. Why is this post not a sticky in this category? Why can't we direct them to this sticky whilst they are still new and easily influenced.

As a Noob I always thought COB as in Mielie as in AMZ ... would never think of reading about mielies in a bike forum.

Just a blonde, irrelevant and worthless thought (sorry not even worth 52 cents)
    I have tried but I have no control over Flies and Clowns

Mexican Slayer
    Bike
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Blondes View Post
    Just a blonde, relevant and worthwhile thought (sorry not even worth 52 cents)
    Fixed...and stuck!

Bike
    Fiona ('95 BMW 650 Funduro), Thumper ('10 CPI SM250) & Stella ('12 CCW Heist)
    Region
    Gauteng

When life throws you a curve… lean into it

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

This surely deserves another bump.

Cheeky!
    Bike
    Kawazaki Er6n
    Region
    Gauteng

and another