Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Regional challenges on a National scale

  1. #1
    Ultimate Biker Swallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henley on Klip
    Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    18,575

    Default Regional challenges on a National scale

    So... I am thinking...why dont we have some challenges for each region??

    Start with something small like a brekkie run with fellow TB members. Yes...easy for the GP and WC regions..but a challenge for your "poorer" cousins, who hardly...if ever actually get together
    Naturally, if the smaller regions can start getting together more often, we will be able to grow these and expand them...thus creating TB awareness there too...
    Just a random thought...floating in my brain...

    Whatcha think?? Start small (brekkie run) get bigger...a National Banner Day in each region...
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

  2. #2
    Hooligan Biker dan734's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Graaff Reinet
    Bike
    VFR 800
    Region
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    110

    Default

    You will have my Support think it is a great idea!

  3. #3
    I like scooters soooo much! Candyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pta East
    Bike
    2009 GSXR 1000, 1980 Kawa KZ1300,2014 Gomoto 250 Fluxliner, 2010 GSR 600
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swallow View Post
    So... I am thinking...why dont we have some challenges for each region??

    Start with something small like a brekkie run with fellow TB members. Yes...easy for the GP and WC regions..but a challenge for your "poorer" cousins, who hardly...if ever actually get together
    Naturally, if the smaller regions can start getting together more often, we will be able to grow these and expand them...thus creating TB awareness there too...
    Just a random thought...floating in my brain...

    Whatcha think?? Start small (brekkie run) get bigger...a National Banner Day in each region...

  4. #4
    Budah
    Guest

    Default

    In my experience it takes time and patience to grow a group of passionate riders. You're on the right track. Just keep at it, be consistent and pitch if an event is advertised, even if you pitch alone on the first few rides. Then take lotsa pics and let others see what great fun you'z had. Somewhere along the line, the event will become synchronised into everyone's calander and before you know it, you're Raising Awareness and Saving Lives.

  5. #5
    Lenny se witbroodjie
    Mags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gauteng
    Bike
    BMW R1200GS LC
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,627

    Default

    Great idea Swallow - even if it starts small

  6. #6
    Aquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pretoria East
    Bike
    The "C"
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    6,525

    Default

    Actually a great idea..why not chuck in something solid such as a new membership drive too...based on a handicap system...say sliding scale of new members as % of current members..smaller regions could stand better chance to win ..?
    Suddenly terror struck...he`s never seen a naked woman before...

  7. #7
    Ultimate Biker Swallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henley on Klip
    Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    18,575

    Default

    Thats sort of what I was thinking AM...by getting people together (who may not normally get together) and then have an "invite a buddy" ride, it could increase the membership and grow TB in each area
    eg... In PE - ThinkBike is just a catch phrase used by everyone to actually slag bikers - I dont actually think it is widely known that TB is a campaign to save bikers by creating awareness
    So...if a group of TBers get together here, it could VISIBLY change perceptions about what TB is actually about (and a good excuse to ride together at least once a month) ...
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

  8. #8
    I like scooters soooo much! Candyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pta East
    Bike
    2009 GSXR 1000, 1980 Kawa KZ1300,2014 Gomoto 250 Fluxliner, 2010 GSR 600
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swallow View Post
    Thats sort of what I was thinking AM...by getting people together (who may not normally get together) and then have an "invite a buddy" ride, it could increase the membership and grow TB in each area
    eg... In PE - ThinkBike is just a catch phrase used by everyone to actually slag bikers - I dont actually think it is widely known that TB is a campaign to save bikers by creating awareness
    So...if a group of TBers get together here, it could VISIBLY change perceptions about what TB is actually about (and a good excuse to ride together at least once a month) ...
    Does anyone know how many TBérs there actually are in PE that is registered on the forum

  9. #9
    Ultimate Biker Swallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henley on Klip
    Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    18,575

    Default

    Yip ... A list was started last year...and our dear Tao keeps it updated. There is a list of East Londoners on it too
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

  10. #10
    I like scooters soooo much! Candyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pta East
    Bike
    2009 GSXR 1000, 1980 Kawa KZ1300,2014 Gomoto 250 Fluxliner, 2010 GSR 600
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swallow View Post
    Yip ... A list was started last year...and our dear Tao keeps it updated. There is a list of East Londoners on it too
    Then that is a great starting point. Contact them and get them activily involved. Just point then to GP team to tell what loads of fun it is

  11. #11
    Ultimate Biker Swallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henley on Klip
    Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    18,575

    Default

    The PE group have got together a few times since last year .. And our next brekkie run is next week ... I wanted to post the challenge so other regions could possibly do the same. Its not difficult - and even if 4 people pitch...it will grow ...
    We have no "Regional Head" ...but lots of passion within our small group...and I am very proud to be in that group
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

  12. #12
    Ultimate Biker Swallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henley on Klip
    Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    18,575

    Default

    Its simple to get the ball rolling...you just need a group willing to roll with you
    http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthr...-get-togethers
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

  13. #13
    Ultimate Biker Swallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henley on Klip
    Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    18,575

    Default

    Come on TB SA - when's your next group event

    TB PE riding this Sunday
    http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthr...525#post925525

    We might be small...but we're growing - and we're not afraid to ride together
    Photos on Monday
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

  14. #14
    Hooligan Biker HUNT3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    P.E.
    Bike
    GSXR 750
    Region
    Eastern Cape
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swallow View Post
    Come on TB SA - when's your next group event

    TB PE riding this Sunday
    http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthr...525#post925525

    We might be small...but we're growing - and we're not afraid to ride together
    Photos on Monday
    Photos??

    *runs and hides*

  15. #15
    Ultimate Biker Swallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henley on Klip
    Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    18,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUNT3R View Post
    Photos??

    *runs and hides*
    Aha...best you behave young one...kekekekeke
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

  16. #16
    Budah
    Guest

    Smile

    Here, http://www.presidentscouncilec.co.za/, TB is heard of, so branch out.

  17. #17
    Ultimate Biker Swallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henley on Klip
    Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    18,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Budah View Post
    Here, http://www.presidentscouncilec.co.za/, TB is heard of, so branch out.
    I have planned to - invited to chat to them at their next meeting about TB
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

  18. #18
    Budah
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swallow View Post
    I have planned to - invited to chat to them at their next meeting about TB
    Way to go

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •