Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Yeeeehaaa!!!! Back on my bike today.

  1. #1
    EsioTrot
    Guest

    Default Yeeeehaaa!!!! Back on my bike today.

    I'm back on the bike for the first time since my bicycle accident in October. The surgeon checked my Xrays on Monday and he says my femur has healed well. I can slowly start jogging again and I can ride the bike as soon as I feel able.


    Well I immediately went for a slow 5km jog, and today I'm back on the bike. Life is getting back to normal. I still walk with a slight limp and suffer a bit of stiffness in the joints when I've been sitting or lying down for a while, but that is just the muscles and tendons that need to stretch still. The bone if fine. Now and againg I feel a slight ache in the bone, but that can be expected and is nothing to worry about.

    Just thought I would share my joy with you all.

  2. #2
    Slow Searcher
    Speed Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Annlin
    Bike
    Triumph Sprint GT 1050 Ver2.0 (Guiliana)
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Congrats EsioTrot.

    Just take it easy and don't push yourself too hard. Everything will return to normal with time.

    Keep the rubber side down and hope to see you around soon


    Don't take life too seriously....nobody gets out alive!!!

  3. #3
    Show me the Muffin! Elouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pta East
    Bike
    BMW F650GS, Rose R6, CB400F (ICU)
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    10,884

    Default

    That is wonderful news!!! So glad for you. Let me guess, you took care of yourself during the healing process?? It is so important. Congratulations again.
    Ride with me, drink with me, party with me, make memories with me, defend our lifestyle with me but whatever else you do, never **** with me. I just did not want you to mistake my jovial nature as a weakness. I AM WHAT I AM - A BIKER BY CHOICE.

  4. #4
    Ultimate Biker Swallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henley on Klip
    Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    18,575

    Default


    So happy for you EsioTrot
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

  5. #5
    AMZ and Moose fan!

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paarl
    Bike
    BMW S1000R, K1300S
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    7,198

    Default

    congrats ............ hope you learnt your lesson, those damn bicycles are a menace ............. combustion engine rules

  6. #6
    EsioTrot
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Hog View Post
    congrats ............ hope you learnt your lesson, those damn bicycles are a menace ............. combustion engine rules
    Absolutely! :wink:. Stay far away from Cape Town this weekend. It's going to be mayhem.

  7. #7
    Jack of all trades
    Jadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Randburg
    Bike
    Honda CR250 Honda NC750 (Stolen) BMW F800GSA
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    4,089

    Default

    mooi man boet ... good to see you back up and about

    You may never know what result come from your actions.
    But if you do nothing, there will be no result.
    Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #8
    EsioTrot
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Devil View Post
    Congrats EsioTrot.

    Just take it easy and don't push yourself too hard. Everything will return to normal with time.

    Keep the rubber side down and hope to see you around soon
    Thanks SD. It feels quite weird to be back on the bike and a bit 'wobbly' at times. I will be extra carefull whilst I get back into the zone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elouise View Post
    That is wonderful news!!! So glad for you. Let me guess, you took care of yourself during the healing process?? It is so important. Congratulations again.
    Thans El. I did take good care of myself. It takes patience and discipline but it's well worth it in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swallow View Post

    So happy for you EsioTrot
    Thanks Swallow. And thanks to all who wished me a Happy Birthday on Monday. It was a very happy day indeed when the surgeon gave me a clean bill of health and told me I cad ride the bike again and start jogging again.

    Roll on Iron Man 2013.

  9. #9
    Ultimate Biker Swallow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henley on Klip
    Bike
    Toadwart - 1200 HD Sporty Custom
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    18,575

    Default

    Enjoy the training EsioTrot. So glad that you are up and running/riding again. We got a big shock when your boy posted about your off. Time fixes all,
    Ride without regret - live life the same way

  10. #10
    The Black Man on a Beemer (no more honda) blackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Paulshof. Working in Sunninghill
    Bike
    2wheel motorized thingy
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    14,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EsioTrot View Post
    I'm back on the bike for the first time since my bicycle accident in October. The surgeon checked my Xrays on Monday and he says my femur has healed well. I can slowly start jogging again and I can ride the bike as soon as I feel able.


    Well I immediately went for a slow 5km jog, and today I'm back on the bike. Life is getting back to normal. I still walk with a slight limp and suffer a bit of stiffness in the joints when I've been sitting or lying down for a while, but that is just the muscles and tendons that need to stretch still. The bone if fine. Now and againg I feel a slight ache in the bone, but that can be expected and is nothing to worry about.

    Just thought I would share my joy with you all.
    Boet the last time the doc just say he gave up with me and that I can ride again

    Biking is in the blood
    I am a biker , what is your excuse ???

    " I spent most of my money on Bikes , Booze + Babes , The rest I waisted "

    Live fast, die young and have a good corpse -- James Dean

  11. #11
    Hardcore Biker Trumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Kyalami
    Bike
    "Black Beauty" Daytona 955i, "MooseBob" CRF230F, "The Project" XL500S
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    7,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EsioTrot View Post
    I'm back on the bike for the first time since my bicycle accident in October. The surgeon checked my Xrays on Monday and he says my femur has healed well. I can slowly start jogging again and I can ride the bike as soon as I feel able.


    Well I immediately went for a slow 5km jog, and today I'm back on the bike. Life is getting back to normal. I still walk with a slight limp and suffer a bit of stiffness in the joints when I've been sitting or lying down for a while, but that is just the muscles and tendons that need to stretch still. The bone if fine. Now and againg I feel a slight ache in the bone, but that can be expected and is nothing to worry about.

    Just thought I would share my joy with you all.
    Fantastic news EsioTrot!! Take it easy & slow, allow the muscles & t6endons to gradually build strength again.
    I was also a strong lad once, long ago........when 2 strokes ruled the world & Texan Plain meant something...........

  12. #12
    Sarel van der Merwe Hover Ho''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    If I tell you I'll have to kill you
    Bike
    Amelia (the Econorun winner!); anything <4 wheels
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    22,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EsioTrot View Post
    I still walk with a slight limp and suffer a bit of stiffness in the joints when I've been sitting or lying down for a while
    So you'll fit right in with the rest of us now! Congratulations on a clean bone of health, stay safe now hey?

    Quote Originally Posted by EsioTrot View Post
    Absolutely! :wink:. Stay far away from Cape Town this weekend. It's going to be mayhem.
    No it won't - half are stranded here!
    Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner- Sophia Loren

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •