Thread: Kidnapping on West Rand

Bike
    chink 200 waiting XT 660
    Region
    Gauteng

Angry Kidnapping on West Rand

My daughter was kidnapped Monday morning outside Standard Bank in Randfontein, she was handcuffed by a "policeman", taken to the veld between Randfontein and Kagiso and there she was robbed of all she had with her and abandoned under a bridge. Thank God she managed to crawl up to the road and there she was released by some passing pedestrians who she fled from (being terrified) an employee of Tile II Tile found her and took her back to their shop, where they eventually contacted me. Thank God she is safe, but VERY traumatized.

The scam used is a woman exits the Bank with the victim, and as they step out on to the pavement, a passerby "accidentally" drops a bank bag with money in it. the woman picks it up and turns to the victim asking if they saw who dropped it. When the dropper is identified, the woman asks the victim to accompany her to return the money. Once clear of the bank, a second accomplice presents a police ID, and informs the victim that there has been a robbery and that she must now accompany them to the police station. The victim is pushed in to a car (a silver 3 series BMW in this case), where she is then handcuffed with the police type cable ties. She was then driven out of town, and under the road bridge she is taken out of the car and threatened with unimaginable horror. She is robbed of all with her, and again intimidated into giving her PIN no for her bank card. Thankfully at this point she was abandoned, but this may just have been because of the approaching pedestrians, who once they came across her informed not to worry as the car had left...

Please folks be on the lookout for this scam taking place and warn your wives and daughters !!!!!

Bike
    GS650
    Region
    Gauteng

Wow... glad she is ok and that nothing "else" happened to her.

Strongs to her
    Life begins @ 40
    Orgasms begin @ 240

Bike
    06 R6, Honda CX 500.... (Rapter 700, Blaster 200, LT 150)quads
    Region
    Gauteng

thank god she is ok... shows that you can't trust anyone in this place anymore

strongs to her i hope she comes out the other side stronger and does lose her faith in humanity
    was that a duck?......
    ouch.......

Bike
    chink 200 waiting XT 660
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks guys, fortunately they were in too much of a hurry to get to a bank to empty out her account, so yes, Thank God nothing "else" happened to her!!!

Bike
    Penny Farthing + Z 1000 2010
    Region
    Gauteng

for crying out loud, the bastards, glad she is ok, and not heard, i hope she will recover from the shock.

Bike
    Penny Farthing + Z 1000 2010
    Region
    Gauteng

damn english, i meant hurt,,,, and not heard........damn i think i need a holiday...

Biker
    Bike
    Honda Twister, CRF230
    Region
    Gauteng

So glad she is "ok".

Similar thing happened to a guy at my works' daughter. She was "arrested" at the Baron, Sandton for drinking + driving (she was sober) + then they kidnapped her and left her in a veld in the middle of nowhere. Seems to be the latest scam...ladies (and gents) - be careful!!!

But one question, how do we verify if it is a lawful arrest, esp. if like in her case they showed her police ID?

Bike
    BMW F650GS
    Region
    Western Cape

Thank goodness she is safe...

This will lead to law abiding citizens turning a blind eye, whenever.ops:
    Lost it down the highway.
    Down the dotted line.
    You were going your way.
    I was going mine.

Bike
    No Bike, No hospital visits
    Region
    Gauteng

Nee bliksem! Nou dis K@K. I pray that she comes through this stronger and that these criminal basterds get caught.

Budah

Deeteeza, so glad your daughter is OKAYish. It's unimaginable the amount of trauma your family has endured. Please seek some proper counselling for all of you to rebuild. Naturally, we accept you've reported this to the SAPD, but also contact their Independant Complaints Directorate as whomever did this is using police identification of even fraudulant identification. Strongs with the recovery.

Bike
    Grand Dink 250
    Region
    Gauteng

If you are caught in a "roadblock" or wrongful arrest, phone the anticorruption hotline to verify the cops or roadblock details.
    http://www.southafrica.info/services...corruption.htm 0800 701 701 or 0800 203 712 (not sure if the latter still works).
    If the situation appears rushed, tell the "cops" that you would prefer to phone the police yourself and call 10111 for back-up!! I'm sorry, but in those instances, I would prefer to draw attention to myself, and if they are legit, they won't mind you verifying their details.
    Just smile n wave boys, just smile n wave...

https://picasaweb.google.com/ThinkBikePhotos/

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by deeteeza View Post
    My daughter was kidnapped Monday morning outside Standard Bank in Randfontein, she was handcuffed by a "policeman", taken to the veld between Randfontein and Kagiso and there she was robbed of all she had with her and abandoned under a bridge. Thank God she managed to crawl up to the road and there she was released by some passing pedestrians who she fled from (being terrified) an employee of Tile II Tile found her and took her back to their shop, where they eventually contacted me. Thank God she is safe, but VERY traumatized.

The scam used is a woman exits the Bank with the victim, and as they step out on to the pavement, a passerby "accidentally" drops a bank bag with money in it. the woman picks it up and turns to the victim asking if they saw who dropped it. When the dropper is identified, the woman asks the victim to accompany her to return the money. Once clear of the bank, a second accomplice presents a police ID, and informs the victim that there has been a robbery and that she must now accompany them to the police station. The victim is pushed in to a car (a silver 3 series BMW in this case), where she is then handcuffed with the police type cable ties. She was then driven out of town, and under the road bridge she is taken out of the car and threatened with unimaginable horror. She is robbed of all with her, and again intimidated into giving her PIN no for her bank card. Thankfully at this point she was abandoned, but this may just have been because of the approaching pedestrians, who once they came across her informed not to worry as the car had left...

Please folks be on the lookout for this scam taking place and warn your wives and daughters !!!!!
    I don't mean to sound uncaring but is this a true story?

Anyway, scam or no scam, people are too quick to trust. Learn to ask questions before being so willing, especially if it is a stranger!

Biker
    Bike
    Was ER6n NOW ZX6R
    Region
    Gauteng

glad shes ok....

Bike
    chink 200 waiting XT 660
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by RoseThorn View Post
    I don't mean to sound uncaring but is this a true story?

Anyway, scam or no scam, people are too quick to trust. Learn to ask questions before being so willing, especially if it is a stranger!
    Would you like the case number and investigating officer's name & tel. no?? pm me and I will provide them for you...

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    Suzuki 1300 GSXR and XT550 in progress
    Region
    Western Cape

Agree with Eyecandi, attract attention to yourself and phone the SAPD and ask for assistance. They are, as a rule, not quick to respond but if you say you have already shot one and am willing to do the other as well, they will come very quickly. Your life might depend on it so a white lie am allowed.