Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #@$#@#$%@ ****head on a Bicycle!

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    VROOM, vinnige VROOM
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    This is not required by law.
    AMZ, this is actually a bylaw for Delta Park if I recall correctly.
    https://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab300/piemansa/2b3c22e191a771168918dd7d762cbed7_zpsf2149d96.jpg

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Pieman View Post
    AMZ, this is actually a bylaw for Delta Park if I recall correctly.
    We regularly, at least 4 times a year have a Irish Wolfhound Club gathering in Delta Park and the highlight is that the hounds can go off leash. Maybe it's changed since we have been there, or it could be a special dispensation?

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    VROOM, vinnige VROOM
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    We regularly, at least 4 times a year have a Irish Wolfhound Club gathering in Delta Park and the highlight is that the hounds can go off leash. Maybe it's changed since we have been there, or it could be a special dispensation?
    AMZ, this was while I was still cycling, i.e. 2 years ago. There was a huge uproar (John Robbie got involved as well), but I don't know how it is enforced.
    https://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab300/piemansa/2b3c22e191a771168918dd7d762cbed7_zpsf2149d96.jpg

Biker Trash
    Bike
    ------------------------------
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by puf View Post
    mmm. Arrogant, inconsiderate & rude is the problem - but cyclists really aren't any more guilty of it than motorists, bikers, pedestrians, shoppers and staff at Pick & Pray, people on their way church, your neighbours and even the guy begging for food on the corner.
    I fully agree. You will find people in all walks of life, sex, race that wants to be part in building up the nation, and work together, and follow rules, and on the oppiside side the ones who break down everything as they pass.
    I notice it every day.
    Saw a cyclist get clipped by a car today, went down hard, but got up, and other cyclists attended to him. Was stuck in traffic so could not follow the car, but he was, from what I saw, one of the considered ones.

We all just have to be careful out there, and look after our own backsides, and when possible, gang up as TB and do our best to spread the awareness.

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    Suzuki 1300 GSXR and XT550 in progress
    Region
    Western Cape

During my stay in Sea Point a while back I noticed that some cyclists does follow the rules. Flashing red light at the back, white at the front and nice bright, easy to see, jackets on. They were the cyclists hugging the left of the rode. But the @#!#@ cycling next to them, in the danger zone, did not have any lights on and nice dark skintights and every thing.
    I am also a cylist, not a proffie, but frequent cyclist. I am sorry, I do not have any sympathy for a cyclist that was run over due to negligence from the cyclist. They know they are vulnerable but still have the attitude of " hit me and you better pray that I am dead because I will stuff you up".
    Met some cyclists on my way to Hermanus and they had a vehicle in the front and at the back to indicate cyclists on the road. This is not often seen on the roads, only the sweeper vehicle at the back. I do not know which team it was but good for you.
    Ride safe

Bike
    Tiger
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by pirata View Post
    Agreed with a lot of what is being said. Just don't paint us all with the same brush...
    Us cyclists? or
    Us Gautengers? or
    Us Souf Efrikans?

Pirata - my post was saying exactly what you are trying to say (I think). As Richard said a bit later - ' It's a sickness in our society'.
    I still think that there are a lot of pigs out there on bicycles. (and cars. and bikes. and shopping trolleys - if you get my drift)
    What's the point of being stupid if you don't
    get to prove it every now and then!

Bike
    Penny Farthing + Z 1000 2010
    Region
    Gauteng

don't forget that the cyclist probably done something like 70 km of distance so the oke was tired, and due to being that tired, he overlooked the red robot, all he could see was home...., it's funny the bike accident which killed two people close to my home, well there is a debate or somehow the taxi driver said that the bike skipped the red robot.

the point is that a biker will not skip a robot if there are traffic, it's different when it's like 3 in the morning, we all know that taxis drive like assholes, but once again my personal opinion is that i cannot believe that a biker will skip a robot, i know i know it's not ripleys believe it or not. Just saying.

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

Wink Just for fun!

Quote Originally Posted by WereWolf View Post
    don't forget that the cyclist probably done something like 70 km of distance so the oke was tired, and due to being that tired, he overlooked the red robot, all he could see was home...., it's funny the bike accident which killed two people close to my home, well there is a debate or somehow the taxi driver said that the bike skipped the red robot.

the point is that a biker will not skip a robot if there are traffic, it's different when it's like 3 in the morning, we all know that taxis drive like assholes, but once again my personal opinion is that i cannot believe that a biker will skip a robot, i know i know it's not ripleys believe it or not. Just saying.
    Ok so it must have been ME that went through the red light!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

Bike
    ǝʞıqɹoʇoɯ
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Vespa 1 View Post
    Here we are trying our level best to educate drivers to THINK BIKE, and this includes the pedal powered ones, and this morning, just outside work, this Ahole on his pedal powered piece of crap, togged up to the nines in his black lycra, decorated with some alcholic beverage name, cuts the RED light from my left, and when I stand on the hooks and hoot, gives ME the finger??????:evil: So I follow arsewipe, and pull up next to him, wind down the window and ask him who and what he thinks he is? and get told to F#@K OFF!?? Be VERY aware Twat, tomorrow I might not miss you!
    Having spent many miles on bicycles, I know why we cyclists skip red lights. Generally not into oncoming traffic though
    Sure, there's no excuse but you need to spend some serious time riding competitively to understand the viewpoint. The reaction from him was probably over the top but chasing him down might have also been viewed as unecessary. Cyclists generally believe that little consideration is given to them as road users and when confronted will react aggressively as they are very vunerable.

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari

Lightship Captain
    Bike
    Big BMW, Small Yamaha & an old classic BMW
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Riders skip red robots all the time! They see a gap n take it. Open your eyes!
    All my posts are my opinion and not those of TB or TB Marshals or any other sane human

Bike
    KLR650 & a little yellow coffe delivery scoot
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Richardvz View Post
    I think arrogance and all that stuff runs far deeper than just a moegoe on a bicycle.

It is a sickness in our society.

I have also had no time for cyclists lately, we take our dogs for a run at the Delta Park and our very old Dobie, we don't put on a leash, he has no teeth, s\can't see and can't run, but he barks at stuff in the park like the Hadedas and Kiewiets. Along comes this off-road cyclists rides past the old dog, the dog barks and Mr cyclist kicks the dog in the face and rides away, he then shouts at me from about 100 metres away that I must put him on a leash. I said to him he must come say that here. He rode away.

That's OK....I'll be waiting for him with the Dakar on Sunday. It will be nice to have a chat with him again.
    1x Stick + 1x Front wheel spokes = Mud on his face...

Problem solved.

oh, then walk up and do to him what he did to the Dobie.
    Remember: Amateurs...built the ark. Professionals...built the Titanic

Evil Biker Scum
    State of Sexual Transition because Brendon loves me
    Bike
    Vuka EL90 Monster Hog
    Region
    Northern Cape

All cyclists should be sodomized, regularly, repeatedly and with vigor

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

o shucks vespa, you admit guilt, oh oh now lets get the metro in and tell them what we've witnessed

i guess we all take chances, but hell not if it can cost you your life, i've done alot of cycling and believe me i don't wanna end up under any vehicles wheels, but there are the odd ones who took chances for a living, (LIKE AMZ), but in general most of us whether cycling, riding, driving are aware of our surroundings.

once again safety is number one priority.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Special View Post
    hhhmmmm... maybe I should take up cycling...

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

it's only because midnight special don't have a bicycle

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

now you see timstap that's why there are so many cyclists.

Evil Biker Scum
    State of Sexual Transition because Brendon loves me
    Bike
    Vuka EL90 Monster Hog
    Region
    Northern Cape

it's only because midnight special don't have a bicycle
    I have yet to be "mounted" on a mountin bike

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

I have yet to be "mounted" on a mountin bike
    PING TA2BRYAN !!!!

I need my mountain bike back....(midnight special wants to try something, I'll take pictures)

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

(LIKE AMZ),
    Thanks, it is sort of good for the ego, but I don't bat for both teams, sorry.

Lightship Captain
    Bike
    Big BMW, Small Yamaha & an old classic BMW
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Sounds like a boarding school in the Midlands!
    All my posts are my opinion and not those of TB or TB Marshals or any other sane human