Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruelty to Animals

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Cruelty to Animals

My friends cat was shot in the head with a dart yesterday morning and is currently fighting for her life at the vet .....

The previous tenant to her also had complications with the couple next door and their animals .....

SPCA advised her to lay charges although the only proof is a dart that was found in their garden, the cat never leaves my friends house!!

People make me so sick and they should not get away with things like this .... :evil:

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Region
    Gauteng

Our society has lost the plot entirely...

Bike
    ER6F
    Region
    Gauteng

This breaks my heart to read stuff like this...

strongs Kitty cat I hope you pull through this ordeal...

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest this sick human's nether regions
    www.paws4us.co.za

"Sometimes divine revelation simply means adjusting your brain to hear what your heart already knows" - Angels & Demons: Dan Brown

Bike
    Kawa ER 6 F
    Region
    Gauteng

:evil::angry4:I for one would be more than willing and happy to go over there and dish out some poetic justice!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anything is ridable you just gotta know how

Bike
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

The one thing that gets to me is cruelty to animals. I really, REALLY can't stand it. I saw a chav kick a stray dog the other day here in England and I went ballistic!

Bike
    Baby Zook; Honda CB400
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyfer View Post
    This breaks my heart to read stuff like this...

strongs Kitty cat I hope you pull through this ordeal...

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest this sick human's nether regions
    +100000

mm although... on second thought .. leave the pr!ck alone with me and nickatreaus for a few hours....
    If at first you don't sucseed... Skydiving is not for you!

Bike
    2001 F650GS "Sonix"
    Region
    Gauteng

Have to admit this gets to me as well - people who harm animals that can't defend themselves.

Hope the cat pulls through.

EyeCandi's Nemesis
    Bike
    4 wheels and a seat
    Region
    Gauteng

Hey, I agree that cruelty is not an option ..

<SLIGHT THREAD HIGHJACK ON>
    We have a woman in our complex who has 11 cats (yes eleven). Now one of them likes to come over to our place - into our house and eat our cats food, as well as terrorize our cats, when we are at work - I have caught it inside 3 times already (our cats grew up in a townhouse, so they prefer being indoors). I am trying to figure out a way to stop this other cat, but am stumped ... Ideas? The Owner is not particularly interested in sorting out the cat, but I have already lost my patience with the thing ..
    <SLIGHT THREAD HIGHJACK OFF>

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

The cat is home .....

Vet battled to get the dart out but has been removed, not sure if there is brain damage but she did come out of anesthetic okay, she just has to be monitored now and if she loses her balance and can't jump the she does have brain damage.
    My friend has to treat the eye with ointment, cream and antibiotics to help that she hopefull does not lose her eye. The Bill at the vet and the meds, R1500.00 .....

She has laid charges at the police station, the SPCA is going to hand out flyers today in the estate to ask residents if anyone has any information and they are investigating the matter further.
    She also sent a mail to the estate office with a copy of the police report, vet report and a pic of the dart and has told them that people like this should not be allowed to live in an estate full of children and animals.

Lets hope this will wake them up and realise they are not just going to get away with doing things like this!!!

She also told me today he has 2 super bikes and races so he is a fellow biker and I am hoping maybe he is on this forum so he knows he has does wrong!!

This cat is her baby and does not deserve this kind of trauma or pain!!!!

She is going to send me a pic of the dart and will post it later, in all the panic she did not think to take a pic of the dart in the cats head .... the vet was astonished at the sharp tip of the dart and amazed that it did not kill the animal - she was worried that when they took it out she would have to put her down but she came out okay ....

Please pray for her to pull through, animals need us to fight for them, don't allow people to get away with things like this....

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by MadX View Post

We have a woman in our complex who has 11 cats (yes eleven). Now one of them likes to come over to our place - into our house and eat our cats food, as well as terrorize our cats, when we are at work - I have caught it inside 3 times already (our cats grew up in a townhouse, so they prefer being indoors). I am trying to figure out a way to stop this other cat, but am stumped ... Ideas? The Owner is not particularly interested in sorting out the cat, but I have already lost my patience with the thing ..
    I know other cats can be annoying but please don't do anything hurtful as my next door neighbour did by hiring a trap and wanting to take my cat to the SPCA all because it did it's business in their flower beds .....
    The SPCA told me of an oil that you can place on the wall which should stop cats from coming over as they don't like the feel or smell aparently, forgot the name sorry but give them a call and get some advice.
    I did not go that route, rather moved somewhere my animals are welcome, cats cannot be controlled I am afraid.

Bike
    ER6F
    Region
    Gauteng

Apparently used, dried teabags on your window sill should stop the cats coming in - not proven myself but have overheard this theory at the vets...and it does not harm they just don't like the smell...so the only problem then is how your own cats will react..
    www.paws4us.co.za

"Sometimes divine revelation simply means adjusting your brain to hear what your heart already knows" - Angels & Demons: Dan Brown

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

Here is the dart ......

"Just take a look at this thing, this is 11cm long and was pierced into her skull through the eye socket 6cm deep??? How can anyone be so Flippen cruel?"

You can just hear the pain in her words .....
    Attached Images Attached Images

commuting motorcyclist Richardvz's Avatar
    Bike
    The G for the S of the 650 kind
    Region
    Gauteng

Not cool.

Let's all hope that Karma comes knocking.
    Nothing is more terrible than to see ignorance in action.
    — Goethe

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

She is doing okay, at least better than that poor little dog .....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bike
    2006 BMW F 650GS, 2003 Honda VTX 1800
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by RoseThorn View Post
    My friends cat was shot in the head with a dart yesterday morning and is currently fighting for her life at the vet .....

The previous tenant to her also had complications with the couple next door and their animals .....

SPCA advised her to lay charges although the only proof is a dart that was found in their garden, the cat never leaves my friends house!!

People make me so sick and they should not get away with things like this .... :evil:

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

~ Edmund Burke
    1) Everyone smiles in the same language.

2) Life is too short for traffic. ~Dan Bellack

Biker Trash
    Bike
    ------------------------------
    Region
    Gauteng

Not to sound agro - my axe has been sharpend now where is the owner of the dog again.

Damn we need Rescue Inc here, lets get SPCA interested in TB.

Bike
    Baby Zook; Honda CB400
    Region
    Gauteng

well we had a similar problem.. my cat is a spoilt brat who sleeps and stays inside 90% of the day ( he grew up with a 17yr old cat so that is all he knows), when the neighbors cat started coming into our yard and fighting with my cat on our beds at night my vet advise me to get a water pistol with a good range and fill it with a mixture of 50/50 water and vinigar... every time the cat comes onto the property you shoot it.. no harm done but he has to spend the next hour licking the foul tasting stuff off him... within 2 weeks he has stopped coming to visit!
    If at first you don't sucseed... Skydiving is not for you!

Biker Trash
    Bike
    ------------------------------
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    well we had a similar problem.. my cat is a spoilt brat who sleeps and stays inside 90% of the day ( he grew up with a 17yr old cat so that is all he knows), when the neighbors cat started coming into our yard and fighting with my cat on our beds at night my vet advise me to get a water pistol with a good range and fill it with a mixture of 50/50 water and vinigar... every time the cat comes onto the property you shoot it.. no harm done but he has to spend the next hour licking the foul tasting stuff off him... within 2 weeks he has stopped coming to visit!
    Apparently the same works if you uses citronella oil. Spray it on the cat using spray bottle or water pistol, and afterwards spray it around property, and entrace that they use. At the very least is should at least get mosqitos at bay.

I wanted to use it before, but think animals figures out that I b!tch and moan, and chase them away, and 'adopt' them 2 weeks later as our own.
    Some stay with us, some run away eventually, 1 even had to go to SPCA, and doggy heaven to to age and illness.
    And all our older animals seem to be secondhand, junkmail give aways or rondloper diere. We don't get small animals, except maybe one day I will get a new, fresh, giant boerboel puppy.

Bike
    Suzuki SV1000S K3
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi

Glad to hear the kitty is okay, I have one myself and she is AWESOME!!!!!, i love my kitty...

I really hate hearing about the horrible things some people can do to animals, if you think about the love and joy they bring into a home.

People like that should be %^$##$^&& and a bit more.....

Bike
    Yamaha FJ 1100
    Region
    Free State

Yup Citronella oil in a water pistol works very well....I have a few cats as well and we had two cats bullying our cats....used a combination of water pistol and a paint ball gun from long range, shooting in direction of cat, not at the cat! ...the noise of the paintball gun, plus the water pistol has now kept them away....it did mean me getting up at 2 or 3 in the morning at times to go and spray the cats when they ventured into the property or house....picture me running around the house and garden with a water pistol and paint ball gun on my back in my shorts...like a junior Rambo...

My one cat was also severely injured and his rear leg was shattered and all the tendons ripped, he almost lost the leg. Vet said it came from him being stuck or being grabbed and him trying to escape ...he is now our "cat of steel" with pins, plates, screws and wires inserted...to save the leg...
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.... Isaac Asimov