Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hit on Hummer Driver's Head = R10,000!

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Default Hit on Hummer Driver's Head = R10,000!

It would seem that the driver of the Hummer has a problem ...

http://hummer-driver-reward.webs.com/
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Klipdrift in one hand - chocolate and biltong in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!" [Unknown - modfied]

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    blue
    Region
    Gauteng

Not saying anything but this was expected...

President : Pearl Black MCC
    www.pearlblackmcc.co.za

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

Quote Originally Posted by Boesmann View Post
    Not saying anything but this was expected...
    Agreed. Lots of chatter from all around the country.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Klipdrift in one hand - chocolate and biltong in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!" [Unknown - modfied]

Bike
    Suzuki Bandit GSF1200S, Honda CBX250, Yamaha YBR125, Suzuki GN125 'tracker, '68 Honda CB450K1
    Region
    Eastern Cape

It's not exactly unexpected, but it's not the way to go, guys.

I can't speak for the family, and I can't act as a CMA spokesperson officially, but as an individual CMA president I will say that it's not what we aspire to, it's not the way we do business & more death is not going to bring joy to the hearts of our fallen brothers' families.

Sadly Pieter snr & JP aren't the first brothers we've lost in action, and it's likely they won't be the last. Two men who were mentors to me even more than friends were taken from us just over a year ago: one by an elderly driver who misjudged his distance at night, and the other by a decent young guy who'd been given an overloaded vehicle to operate.

Neither of them intended to kill our friends, and as much as some of us felt anger at the situation we'd never aim for personal payback.

The gesture's fully understandable, but rather aim higher than at the driver's head.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    blue
    Region
    Gauteng

BM, Not saying I do aggree on the action to be taken, I do aggree to the fact that you cannot take matters into your own hands, however bikers down/fallen lately are just too many. the link points out one persons opinion. This incedent shows no remorse and up to now no arrests......

Someone out there feel the same as this guy. I just hope the matter can be be handled in a civil manor, This is very sinsetive and you will find 10000++++ opinions from peolpe accross the forum.

I do have a concern about the reaction this will bring forward though.

An eye for an eye is not the way to go, doesn't matter how much the hurt/anger inside

President : Pearl Black MCC
    www.pearlblackmcc.co.za

Lurker
    Bike
    Please enter your ride!!!!!
    Region
    Gauteng

Anyone know the name of the Dummer driver ....?

Bike
    Suzuki Bandit GSF1200S, Honda CBX250, Yamaha YBR125, Suzuki GN125 'tracker, '68 Honda CB450K1
    Region
    Eastern Cape

I know Boesmann, & never thought you were in agreement. Good thing to post it up here though - it shows the level of anger within the biking community. We've had a tough year as a whole, even down here in a relatively small place like East London, where we've lost 4 or 5 guys (I forget offhand) in the last 5 months.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

On the other hand, a post on another forum also makes sense:
    If a club does put a hit out it would not be advertised

There definitely appears to be a growing anger within the biking community.
    Will it come to a violent backlash ? I'm not so sure that it will, as the biker community is generally pretty conscious of not antagonising the other communities.

Bike
    R80GS PD
    Region
    Gauteng

Understandable request, but not right. Anarchy is not a solution. I still hope they catch him and put him away. Forever.
    You don't ride in the rain, you don't ride!

Bike
    ZX10 - Deceased
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by rd400 View Post
    Anyone know the name of the Dummer driver ....?
    Yip...a bit difficult to find a guy if his name is not released.

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

Default The Verdict???????

As angry and irrational as this incident makes me, I unfortunately have to agree with BM,but with a proviso! We have to get both sides of the story. Admittedly, his side sure looks dark now! Supposedly driving on the wrong side of the road, killing two innocent people and then running away? That is not the reaction of an innocent man! Should he be guilty as charged, then he MUST get at LEAST two life sentences, WITHOUT parole!Because if they let this dude walk, because money buys "Justice"! I think he may well get what he deserves! And I for one, would'nt blame any one who does anything!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

Bike
    06 R6, Honda CX 500.... (Rapter 700, Blaster 200, LT 150)quads
    Region
    Gauteng

The idea is correct but with the wrong incentives This should become a Police/Community team effort in finding this man and making him realise the extent of his actions don't just affect those in the accident. I am all in for the collaboration of the biking and South African community in finding this guy but that is the extent that t should go the proper authorities should handle it from there on
    was that a duck?......
    ouch.......

Bike
    Baby Zook; Honda CB400
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Boesmann View Post
    I just hope the matter can be be handled in a civil manor
    +10000
    If at first you don't sucseed... Skydiving is not for you!

Bike
    The Mighty V-Max 1200
    Region
    Gauteng

I do not agree with the Dead or alive aspect, but would support any initiative where the public assists in a reward to find this person.

He has run from his responsibility, he must be found to face the consequences of his actions in a court of law.
    Won't bow to man. Won't bow to government.
    Won't bow to greed. Won't bow to false hope.
    Won't bow to self. Won't bow to modern code.
    Won't sell my soul to a dead world. I DEFY!
    (The World is a Thorn - Demon Hunter)

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Vespa 1 View Post
    As angry and irrational as this incident makes me, I unfortunately have to agree with BM,but with a proviso! We have to get both sides of the story. Admittedly, his side sure looks dark now! Supposedly driving on the wrong side of the road, killing two innocent people and then running away? That is not the reaction of an innocent man! Should he be guilty as charged, then he MUST get at LEAST two life sentences, WITHOUT parole!Because if they let this dude walk, because money buys "Justice"! I think he may well get what he deserves! And I for one, would'nt blame any one who does anything!
    Agreed to an extend. The best way for both sides of the story to come out is in a court of law. It will weigh the various issues, make a finding and then decide on a punishment as prescribed by the law. Unfortunately, the wheels of justice turns very slowly, but it usually comes to a conclussion that is pretty close to the correct one, e.g. the Bernadine and Jub-Jub cases as two of many examples.

Bike
    waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

It is a very sad loss but what must the driver be going through, I have no idea how I would feel if it was my child .....

Bike
    "Oh my Little Honda 50, she's rapid and she's nifty ..."
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by OrosMan View Post
    I am all in for the collaboration of the biking and South African community in finding this guy but that is the extent that t should go the proper authorities should handle it from there on
    Definitely. I hope this is the way this will eventually play out. And I hope the proper authorities make damn sure this kid doesn't get away with merely a slap on the wrist.

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by norty View Post
    it would seem that the driver of the hummer has a problem ...

http://hummer-driver-reward.webs.com/
    wow!

Bike
    FJR 1300
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal

For his sake, I hope the Police get to him first.

Spiderman

Bike
    BMW 1200 GSA, KTM450, PGO 125, Can Am Spyder RT
    Region
    Gauteng

Violence has never solved a problem..........

Let the law take its course.