Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 80

Thread: Absolutely Disgusted

  1. #21
    Smooth bottomed bunny hugger Brendon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Midrand
    Bike
    Bikeless
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    9,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smotter View Post
    On Monday morning, Highveld news reported that Govt. had obtained an interdict preventing any strikers from intimidating non-strikers and from obstructing public services. What's the point if no-one is doing a bloody thing to prevent it when the strikers decided to ignore the interdict and cause havoc anyway ??? :evil:
    You have a valid point... but perhaps the Govt will surprise us and actually get the SAPS involved in proper crowd-control activities... I am still optimistic that there is a possibility that the Govt may surprise us...

  2. #22
    Smooth bottomed bunny hugger Brendon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Midrand
    Bike
    Bikeless
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    9,862

    Default

    Why don't we get a whole bunch of "hard-core" bikers to go and "stand watch" at Bryanston primary?

    Show some solidarity towards those innocent kids, volunteers and teachers who still wish to work?

  3. #23
    Biker Trash Loc144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Bike
    Honda Hornet 600
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smotter View Post
    On Monday morning, Highveld news reported that Govt. had obtained an interdict preventing any strikers from intimidating non-strikers and from obstructing public services. What's the point if no-one is doing a bloody thing to prevent it when the strikers decided to ignore the interdict and cause havoc anyway ??? :evil:
    Arresting them would mean paperwork..

    Cosatu has now threatened to bring the economy to a halt. Where will all this money for raises come from then?

  4. #24
    Hardcore Biker Dev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    /\/¯¯¯¯\/\
    Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    6,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardvz View Post
    Should any person/group put my child's life at risk - then I will not be accountable for my actions.
    I cannot agree more with you on this one
    ~ A day without laughing is a day not worth living

  5. #25
    Dr. Questionnaire Outcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Bike
    2006 BMW F 650GS, 2003 Honda VTX 1800
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    4,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loc144 View Post
    Where will all this money for raises come from then?

    Yip, I want to know too ....
    1) Everyone smiles in the same language.

    2) Life is too short for traffic. ~Dan Bellack

  6. #26
    Biker Trash bhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lyttelton, Centurion
    Bike
    BMW F800GS - "The Wasp"
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Nothing to do with religion - As I have said many times before in various threads - This is Africa, get used to it.

    Everyone is entitled, oppressed ........ I think we need a plague - Let's start again!
    Gravity is a myth ... The Earth Sucks ..
    Solve the earth's problems: "Feed the homeless to the hungry"
    For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.
    Is it a phone or a Fruit?

  7. #27
    Hardcore Biker spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TSOR
    Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    My son is in Grade 12 this year, he has enjoyed an extended vacation since Friday of last week from school at a rather critical time of the year, prelims have had to be delayed by 2 weeks. Reason he is on vcation and not at his school desk, is the violence and intimidation of the staff and pupils at his school by the striking staff!!!

    So much for ensuring our kids get a decent education, truly sucks. We have now arranged additional private tuition for him at additional cost to ourselves, to ensure that he passes and can move on with his life - so that a repeat of the destructive actions of others never ever, affects his future again.
    I've got an great ambition to die of exhaution rather than boredom! Thomas Carlyle. And I soooo agree with him

  8. #28
    Dr. Questionnaire Outcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Bike
    2006 BMW F 650GS, 2003 Honda VTX 1800
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    4,169

    Default

    Sometimes I just wonder .... I don't think things will get better in our lifetime. Maybe in our childrens' lifetime, maybe.

    I can understand why people (especially with kids) go overseas. Things will take too long to change, and in the meantime we are suffering because of it. And I am not being pessimistic - just realistic.
    1) Everyone smiles in the same language.

    2) Life is too short for traffic. ~Dan Bellack

  9. #29
    commuting motorcyclist Richardvz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fourways
    Bike
    The G for the S of the 650 kind
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    11,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit View Post
    so that a repeat of the destructive actions of others never ever, affects his future again.
    So true -

    Teachers, nurses and the like form the moral foundation of society. These are the people who children look up to. Who on earth are kids meant to look up to now?

    I say - Bikers.
    Nothing is more terrible than to see ignorance in action.
    — Goethe

  10. #30
    Hardcore Biker spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TSOR
    Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richardvz View Post
    So true -

    Teachers, nurses and the like form the moral foundation of society. These are the people who children look up to. Who on earth are kids meant to look up to now?

    I say - Bikers.
    I believe that if you elect for yourself as your vocation to be a teacher at a school than a teacher you should be, that does not make you better than anyone else, it just makes you a teacher. It does however mean you committed yourself to teach children at school(s). Compassion and understanding is something that is easily destroyed when frustration is taken out on the people who a) you said you want to teach and b) who can do absolutely nothing to resolve your sense of frustration.

    To me it is just beyond any form of comprehension how a teacher can feel that a parent will have sympathy with the teachers plight, if the teacher behaves in a manner that is so destructive.
    I've got an great ambition to die of exhaution rather than boredom! Thomas Carlyle. And I soooo agree with him

  11. #31
    Evil Biker Scum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fanbeltpark innie Vuildriehoek
    Bike
    VROOM, vinnige VROOM
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    3,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit View Post
    My son is in Grade 12 this year, he has enjoyed an extended vacation since Friday of last week from school at a rather critical time of the year, prelims have had to be delayed by 2 weeks. Reason he is on vcation and not at his school desk, is the violence and intimidation of the staff and pupils at his school by the striking staff!!!

    So much for ensuring our kids get a decent education, truly sucks. We have now arranged additional private tuition for him at additional cost to ourselves, to ensure that he passes and can move on with his life - so that a repeat of the destructive actions of others never ever, affects his future again.
    Spirit, might an option not be to withold school fees for (1) the period that the school was closed or (2) the amount you had to fork out for the private tution? I for one would not pay for services that I do not receive, and this is what it boils down to.
    https://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab300/piemansa/2b3c22e191a771168918dd7d762cbed7_zpsf2149d96.jpg

  12. #32
    Biker Trash Loc144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Bike
    Honda Hornet 600
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit View Post
    To me it is just beyond any form of comprehension how a teacher can feel that a parent will have sympathy with the teachers plight, if the teacher behaves in a manner that is so destructive.
    That is true of this whole strike. Why would the general public have sympathy for people who leave babies to starve and burn the cars of people who actually go to work. Those people worked hard to buy their cars, how is destroying them helping the 'cause'?

    Soon they will have no support, and without support they hopefully cannot be effective next time

  13. #33
    TB's Rock DJ nic777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    N14
    Bike
    The BAT - Badly abused twister
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,168

    Default

    Hip hop culture. Money, power , greed.

    Its sad that i say 'hip-hop' culture, as i was actually into it in the mid 80's when it was about the opposite of those things.

    But we live in a society where self worth is measured by the amount of bling, model of car, size of motorbike, brand of handbag etc etc .. I always thought the phrase"pop will eat itself" referred to music.. but sadly i think it refers to society as a whole.

    The only 'values' that are fed to us everyday are to have more money, to buy more things. Sadly these strikers are like zombies chasing the mighty buck which society has conditioned them to do. Sadly im also a zombie, we all are, just to different degrees

  14. #34
    Hooligan Biker Kola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Bike
    XT1200ZE, F650GS, WR450F, CRF230F
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    147

    Default

    My son is also in grade 12 this year, I dare not post my thoughts about these idiots on a public forum

  15. #35
    Hardcore Biker Da'Fiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Table View
    Bike
    BMW F650GS
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    8,422

    Default

    With a total lack of respect for other humans, how on earth will they be teaching our juniors basic respect...?
    Lost it down the highway.
    Down the dotted line.
    You were going your way.
    I was going mine.

  16. #36
    Nuon Fangirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    39,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bhart View Post
    Nothing to do with religion - As I have said many times before in various threads - This is Africa, get used to it.
    As before, many time you are wrong. It has nothing to do with Africa. Do yourself a favour and check out what happens when the French and other European nation go on a rampage. There is very little human left in human nature and that includes non-Africans. Put any group of "humans" in a mass group and pretty soon you will see that the human part is only skin deep.

  17. #37
    Biker Adrellias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Centurion
    Bike
    GSXR1000 K10/L0 (Beast)
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    As before, many time you are wrong. It has nothing to do with Africa. Do yourself a favour and check out what happens when the French and other European nation go on a rampage. There is very little human left in human nature and that includes non-Africans. Put any group of "humans" in a mass group and pretty soon you will see that the human part is only skin deep.
    And we can see this throughout history.. Its up to the parents to teach their kids virtues and respect for others. When last have you seen kids, people respect each other... yes its been taken away, and respect is earned.. Its seriously all ****ed up... And a primary reason i dont want to bring kids into this world.
    Burn rubber, not your soul!

  18. #38
    Evil Biker Scum timstap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg, Randburg
    Bike
    KLR650 & a little yellow coffe delivery scoot
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    2,761

    Default

    My wife got an sms this morning from Montrose Primary in Sandton at 10am this morning saying please come pick up your kids ASAP, school is in lockdown and wont be opened again tomorrow or Friday... Now thankfully my wife has a job that she can take our daughter to with her, but what about the parents that cant?

    Fourways high, apparntly a guy was spotted on a bike riding slowly past the teachers parking lot, while standing up on his foot pegs and peering over the fence (obviously checking if teachers were there r not). 10min later a number of taxis rocked up with a load of strikers and started causing k@k at the school.

    Same "biker" was spoted riding past Rivonia Primary school, also standing up on his foot pegs... sure as nuts 10 mins later there was k@k... coincedence... uuummm, I doubt it...
    Remember: Amateurs...built the ark. Professionals...built the Titanic

  19. #39
    Hooligan Biker Mustang Sally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Weltevrenden Park
    Bike
    Kawa ER 6 F
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Anyone remember the riots at Wits University quite a few years back where the Hells Angels stormed in with chains, pieces of pipes etc and flattened the rioters, problem solved. now I know there are just too many striking in too many different places but could still work at schools. Bikers walk in sort the sh*t out move on to the next school, they would get the message soon enough.
    Anything is ridable you just gotta know how

  20. #40
    Evil Biker Scum timstap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg, Randburg
    Bike
    KLR650 & a little yellow coffe delivery scoot
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    2,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
    Anyone remember the riots at Wits University quite a few years back where the Hells Angels stormed in with chains, pieces of pipes etc and flattened the rioters, problem solved. now I know there are just too many striking in too many different places but could still work at schools. Bikers walk in sort the sh*t out move on to the next school, they would get the message soon enough.
    Dont tempt me... Only problem is I dont have a chain...
    Remember: Amateurs...built the ark. Professionals...built the Titanic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •