Thread: Advice needed

Bike
    Kawa ER 6 F
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Advice needed

Can anyone tell me what the diffs are between the Kawasaki's ZX6 and the ZX6RR are???? And add any pros and cons if possible please.

I am looking at up grading and have found a 08 ZX6 with 5000km on the clock for R46k and was told its not the RR model so assuming the other one is just the ZX6 was wondering what the diffs are.
    Anything is ridable you just gotta know how

Bike
    Only the best:) Yamaha R1
    Region
    Gauteng

They are boh pretty crappy if you ask me, why not rather go for a Yamaha R6, perfect for girls, great looks, enough vooma to keep up with the big boys as well

HEELTYD SPEELTYD

Bike
    2005 Z750
    Region
    Gauteng

Kawsaki used to "cheat" in the 600 class. They brought out two different 600's. A ZX6R and a ZK6RR
    The ZX6R is actually a 636cc motor, where the ZX6RR is the "Racing Replica" and was a 600cc.
    I think they stopped producing the ZX6RR in 2006.

The only difference between the two apart from displacement was that the RR was more "track orientated"
    But the ZX6 is just as much fun on the track, super suspension, super brakes, slipper clutch, and that extra bit of CC's gives you a lekker advantage.

Up until 2 months ago I had a 2006 ZX6R, I absolutely loved this bike. Used it every single day to work and back, and had a good couple of long distance trips on her.
    I see you currently ride a ER6, that was the bike I had before my ZX6 The riding position is different, more aggressive and it will take some getting used to. The suspension and brakes on the ZX6 is far superior.

At that price its a great deal btw. These bikes are super, I put about 50 000km on mine in 2 years with not a hiccup.
    Take someone with you to go and check the bike out, make sure it is not a old track bike.

Bike
    Kawa ER 6 F
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks so much for the advice Pumba much appreciated!!!!!!
    I am going to have a look at it today, only two things that worry me are that I am short so not sure if that will be a problem or not and my ER6F has ABS which I really really like and am terrified of changing over to something without it as I don't know what to expect!!

Bike
    2005 Z750
    Region
    Gauteng

I am a big fella so height never was a problem, but I actually think the ZX6 seemed lower to me even though it is about an inch taller. As for the brakes, I had the non ABS version of the ER6, I locked the brakes up a couple of times when I started riding, the brakes on the ZX6 was really good though, never locked them up, and you only needed a little squeeze to stop the bike.

Here is a link to a cool sight that gives you nice overviews of almost any bike

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod..._zx6r%2008.htm

Another link to compare bikes that I use -

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photo...NinjaZX-6R.htm

I recon that if you take it for a test ride you wont want to give it back

Bike
    Kawa ER 6 F
    Region
    Gauteng

lol thanks so much for the help, going to try take it for a short trip.

Smooth bottomed bunny hugger Brendon's Avatar
    Bike
    Bikeless
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
    lol thanks so much for the help, going to try take it for a short trip.
    Short trip won't do... you need to ride it for a while...

At least an hour, mix of back-roads and highway... that way you get a proper feeling for the bike (Handling and comfort etc)...

Bike
    Kawa ER 6 F
    Region
    Gauteng

BIG disappointment got to the shop which is a hell of a long way from my end of the world just to be told no the bike was sold ages ago. Now this annoyed me firstly because I had phoned them yesterday about the bike and was told yes the bike is in the shop and I can come view it whenever I like and secondly as he tried to tell me that a black dropped and badly scratched terrible looking zx6 standing outside the shop with no windshield on it was the one advertised even when the the ad in the magazine clearly said "as new" and shows a stunning red bike. Oh well suppose you win some and you loose some, should have known the price was tooo good to be true.

Bike
    grxr750/cbr250
    Region
    Gauteng

Sorry to hear but yes that is not nice,
    I have noticed on a couple of web sites, they advertise something, you get there and its sold, second thing that irretates me is if there is no price advertised,

This associate is depriving a village somewhere of an Idiot

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX10
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
    BIG disappointment got to the shop which is a hell of a long way from my end of the world just to be told no the bike was sold ages ago. Now this annoyed me firstly because I had phoned them yesterday about the bike and was told yes the bike is in the shop and I can come view it whenever I like and secondly as he tried to tell me that a black dropped and badly scratched terrible looking zx6 standing outside the shop with no windshield on it was the one advertised even when the the ad in the magazine clearly said "as new" and shows a stunning red bike. Oh well suppose you win some and you loose some, should have known the price was tooo good to be true.
    Have a chat with Dean at DNA !

Saw a ZX6 on his floor last week ..... good condition and low mileage.

Cannot remember the price !

Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng

I own a ZX6R 2009, absolutely awesome machine, pure poetry to ride. I am small so I fit into my bike and since the very first time I bought and sat on my bike right up to today - when I get onto my bike we become one, pure pleasure and total enjoyment - trust my bike like nothing else.

My bike was lowered for me and the side stand cut down by about 20mm to ensure lean angle when parked is correct. ABS works like a dream, tyres I get 20000km on the rear and 30000km on the front, and I do not ride like Miss Daisy either. Services every 5000km,if you get one buy crash bobbins. Never check fuel economy as I bought my bike for the sheer pleasure of owning and riding her, so cannot comment.

Highest speed I have ever reached was about 230km/h would have gone faster, but you know the phrase "Never ride faster than your angels can fly" Sweeps total fun and when my bike and I hit the sweetspot, nothing comes close to the sense and feeling of pure joy.

ThnAir has a 1200GS and on the long road he can kiss my leather clad rear.

Riding position, the guys complain that it is uncomfortable, me I think it is just magic, have done 1700km in a day to 50km in a day, and got off her and I was ready to party - so make sure if you do get one that your lower back will not give you endless hassles because of the riding position.

Agree with Kwacker, Dean's your man.

Hope this helps.
    I've got an great ambition to die of exhaution rather than boredom! Thomas Carlyle. And I soooo agree with him

Bike
    Kawa ER 6 F
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by spirit View Post
    I own a ZX6R 2009, absolutely awesome machine, pure poetry to ride. I am small so I fit into my bike and since the very first time I bought and sat on my bike right up to today - when I get onto my bike we become one, pure pleasure and total enjoyment - trust my bike like nothing else.

My bike was lowered for me and the side stand cut down by about 20mm to ensure lean angle when parked is correct. ABS works like a dream, tyres I get 20000km on the rear and 30000km on the front, and I do not ride like Miss Daisy either. Services every 5000km,if you get one buy crash bobbins. Never check fuel economy as I bought my bike for the sheer pleasure of owning and riding her, so cannot comment.

Highest speed I have ever reached was about 230km/h would have gone faster, but you know the phrase "Never ride faster than your angels can fly" Sweeps total fun and when my bike and I hit the sweetspot, nothing comes close to the sense and feeling of pure joy.

ThnAir has a 1200GS and on the long road he can kiss my leather clad rear.

Riding position, the guys complain that it is uncomfortable, me I think it is just magic, have done 1700km in a day to 50km in a day, and got off her and I was ready to party - so make sure if you do get one that your lower back will not give you endless hassles because of the riding position.

Agree with Kwacker, Dean's your man.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for this Spirit. The more info the better. I will go see dean again and see what he has in stock. I didn't realise the zx6 has abs!!! that is a awesome surprise as I have abs on my current bike and would like to stick to it with my next.
    Once again a huge thanks.

OOM BMW-fan aka ****
    Bike
    BMW 1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Gigalo View Post
    They are boh pretty crappy if you ask me, why not rather go for a Yamaha R6, perfect for girls, great looks, enough vooma to keep up with the big boys as well
    Hey gigalo, not our problem if you dont know quality if you see it. keep it real, and remember----I'm watching you.:evil:
    Shyt happens, get over it