Thread: Is the fever gonna get you?

Bike
    ZEF's
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Is the fever gonna get you?

If there are two things in this world that I can't stand its sports and a damn vuvuzela!!!

The only thing sport related that I can remotly enjoy are big engines doing crazy amounts of speed on a track... BUT... today I went to Kickstart and as early as 6h30 IT began... the bellowing of vuvuzela's... the people on the streets stopping to join in with the trumpeting bikers above them..

As I left this feeling of "fever" started gripping me from the inside and it grew and grew the further I drove.. People everywhere were sticking their vuvuzela's out their car windows and blowing in unison with the street vendors...hooters were going, people were singing and laughing and the colorful nature of South African's emerged from every inch around me.

The streets have exploded with a coming together that I have never experienced and the fever has grabbed me!! I will watch the game today and even though I have no idea what the hell is happening I will stand with South Africa and be part of History in the making!!

I am today, very proud to be South African!!

Bike
    grxr750/cbr250
    Region
    Gauteng

I hate the noise BUT in the spirit of world cup ill tolerate it, Besides, The Hotel accross the road from work is full of ausies, You should watch them learning to blow the VUVU

This associate is depriving a village somewhere of an Idiot

Bike
    The Mighty V-Max 1200
    Region
    Gauteng

+1
    Won't bow to man. Won't bow to government.
    Won't bow to greed. Won't bow to false hope.
    Won't bow to self. Won't bow to modern code.
    Won't sell my soul to a dead world. I DEFY!
    (The World is a Thorn - Demon Hunter)

Bike
    BMW F650CS
    Region
    Eastern Cape

I hate the colour yellow,i own no yellow clothes except my soccer shirt(which i was given)vuvuzela's woke me up at 5:30 this morning but despite all of this........My bafana bafana shirt and i agree with u ...the fever has taken over me and SA

A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need the advice.”

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

I am south African, BUT I do not like soccer, and I HATE the bloody Vuvuzela, I've got to the point of wanting to stick the next one I hear some where improbable!!!!!
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!

Bike
    BMW F650CS
    Region
    Eastern Cape

generally a vuvu drives me nuts,stupid noise maker,nothing musical abt them,P!SS me off at the best of times.but this is different,seeing the majority of south africans in yellow,blowing those damn vuvu's makes me smile.GO SA!!!!!!
    i will live with the vuvu's....frankly i have to...they arent going away,accept them or be irritated for a month solid,yr choice

Bike
    ...............:-(
    Region
    Gauteng

I am so totally hooked! I really don't enjoy soccer...but as i sit and watch the opening ceremony i am so stoked and utterly proud! The ride home was awesome! The feeva is infectious!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Bike
    BMW F650CS
    Region
    Eastern Cape

zactly!!!!

Bike
    Between bikes
    Region
    Mpumalanga

Unhappy

I saw these colorfull and noisy clowns and realised that I have never donnered a clown before.
    I am not in the mood yet, but then again, a shift worker will never get in the mood with all that noise.
    The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1 - "Shere Khan"
    Region
    Gauteng

Too late! The fever, she has got me! And to be honest, the fever got me about 3 weeks ago.
    I am proudly South African!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Bike
    R80GS PD
    Region
    Gauteng

Yesterday I fixed an SA flag to the back of my helmet.

I could not do much in the office since our internet connection was utterly slow, so I did ride a bit more than planned. So I did the GS Poser thingy, and stood up on the bike, riding back from the airport to Randburg to fetch the wife.

The amounts of cheers, waves, vuvublows etc. was overwhelming and the atmosphere cut across between the people involved like, I don't know how to describe. But it is great to be part of it.

The Vuvu? You got to accept it. It's here and will stay, particularly the SWC days. Learn to live with it, or else buy a plug-a-zela

SA, Herman salutes you - big time
    You don't ride in the rain, you don't ride!

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Yamaha TZR125 (naked version)
    Region
    Western Cape

I'm still waiting for this 'fever' to kick in... Honestly, it's just another day for me.
    Think Bike
    It's easy to miss something you're not looking for
    When I die, make sure I have a kickass funeral with good music and luminous colours!

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post

I am today, very proud to be South African!!
    I am with you on this 100%! I don't understand soccer and didn't much care either, but heck, this is South Africa taking on the world.

Yesterday I stopped at a street vendor and paid double for a flag than I would normally do, then bought three. I broke one's flagpole to be shorter so that I could clamp it in my top box, because I wanted to ride with my flag immediately.

I even find vuvuselas leaning toward the acceptable side of things to listen to! Just an hour ago, I found that, when an Aussie whinged about vuvuselas on the greyhound forum, my neckhare stood on end and I told him to harden up or switch his TV off.

I just had 5 black okes here. They brought a ***** for my dog to do stud duties. Bliksem! I talked soccer with them for a hour and liked it! Even felt disapointed when they left.

I reckon ......

THE FEVER'S GOT ME!

Bike
    BMW F650GS
    Region
    Western Cape

Default Wooopdedoooo Bafana bafana...

I'm working the night shift and trying to catch some zzzzs in the afternoon.
    I wake up with the burning desire to shove a vuvuzela up someone's stinkhole...
    Lost it down the highway.
    Down the dotted line.
    You were going your way.
    I was going mine.

Doesn't suffer fools gladly n3cr0's Avatar
    Bike
    BMW K1300R, Honda CBR 900 Fireblade, GSX-R750 L1
    Region
    Gauteng

This could be a three page rant but I decided to go with the short version.
    Has "the fever got me?"
    No.

Attached Images Attached Images
    With a twist of my wrist I cease to be human and become a god of thunder, speed and terror.

Bike
    SUZUKI GN250 "Scarlet"
    Region
    Western Cape

hmm maybe now is a good time for exposition of the dangers of Mob mentality?

but yeah, even I was grinning watching the cars go by all flags flying and (in the arvie once I was awake and on my way home from work) listening to people respond to one another via Vuvu while they are walking streets away from each other was kindda heartening.
    I just wish that the energy or rather synergy could have started YEARS ago!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!SUZUKI GN 250!!!!!!!!!
    and now starts the hard work.
    !!Neophyte Alert!!

Warning of Potential Cluelessness & Multiple Explanation Requests.