Thread: FasTrak Motorcycles

Bike
    R1200RT(81kw) & Silverback Alpine (2 x legpower)
    Region
    Gauteng

Default FasTrak Motorcycles

I found the following extract on the RAC website - http://www.rac.org.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3135
    Don't know if this outfit is still around. If they are - beware:

My Name is Paul Whittaker contact details 0832680525.I asked Fastrak motorcycles in Randburg to put a chain on my Kawasaki 450 on the 20 May 2009, as I wanted to sell it. They said they would be interested in buying it. I said if they were interested they must put the money in my account on the Monday morning.My staff sent them an email with my account details on the 21 May 2009. By wednesday no money was reflecting, I called George Eblen the owner who I had spoken to and he said the eft had been done. I waited two more days and the money still did not reflect. They assured me it was done but their computrer was now down.Story after story, two months later, two summons issued and CASE OF THEFT against George Eblen and I still dont have my bike.The Randburg police accommpanied me on the 9 July 2009 to the shop, where the suspect was. They again entertained his story that the bike was in a warehouse and he couldnt get it out. He assured the police he would have the bike ready to be collected by 12h00 10 July.He was not in the shop when the police arrived. I drove past the shop at 16h20 and called 1011 as the suspect was there. Capatin Titus from Randburg arrived at 17h15 but the suspect was gone.

Note from Geoff Garrett (CPF Sector 3): When summons was issued the judge indicatd that George Eblen is trouble. There is a good chance this lot is attached to a syndicate. If anyone has had similar indident or knows of someone with similar issues from FasTrak please can you post on the RAC website or call Paul on 0832680525 or e-mail geoff the RAC website. We want to gather all victims to link the cases and break this. thanks Geoff.
    https://forum.thinkbike.co.za/signat...pic6115_11.gif Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Bike
    2009 Suzuki GSR-600
    Region
    Gauteng

Exclamation also had trouble there

I took my kawasaki KL 250 to be serviced there not too long ago, perhaps around march or april this year.
    And I've vowed never to go back there. They were slow, overpriced and rude!
    :evil:

And when I saw over priced, to readjust the drums and the cluth, plus one or two other minor issues, they charged me R2000-00!!! Not to mention that they disconnected the speedo cable from the instrument cluster, so I had to take it back to have them fix it.
    Back to the price of the service, I know for certain that on small bikes such as that one that a regular sevice usually costs from around R350 to about R800 depending on what has to be done.

But then, the story gets a little worse - my brother recently started a job selling personal finance and insurance, so while we're there, he tries to sell to this guy (I think the owner, George), at first he seems interested, but then stories start coming out the woodwork about some guys stole like 6 or 7 bikes from his house.
    I thought to myself, why is he keeping so many at his house in the first place? And how'd they steal that many from a private residence without anyone noticing?

It all sounds a bit too much like insurance fraud to me, but sadly there's no way to get proof from just that story.

In either case, I'd advise everybody to just stay away from that place. it's a blue building on main road ( same road as Braam Fischer or Hendrik verwoed)

Bike
    ER6F
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks for the heads-up Madscot this is a very scary scenario :evil:
    www.paws4us.co.za

"Sometimes divine revelation simply means adjusting your brain to hear what your heart already knows" - Angels & Demons: Dan Brown

Lurker
    Bike
    Hyosong gt 650
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi I am having similar issues with the same guy. I cant find the link what was posted. I know its been years but this guy is still operating under different names and new business details. I need help who can I contact?

Thanks