View Poll Results: Please indicate if you want Saturday and Sunday or Sunday only!!

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday & Sunday at R600

35 81.40%
  • Sunday only at R 300

8 18.60%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto Alpina/Think Bike Training Track Day Welkom 18th/19th July

DaTazzPad in Rivonia in Gangsta's Paradise
    Bike
    1200GS Adventure (Storm), BMW G450X Bundu Basher, WSBK SS Stephan Chambon's GSXR600 Corona Suzuki
    Region
    Gauteng

A Class - (Experienced Fast Riders & Instructors) - for peeps with track experience and faster experienced riders!
    Full overtaking allowed!

1 - Tazzman
    2 - Trumpet (will also help instruct)
    3 - Crash (will help with one-on-one Scala blue-tooth instruction)
    4 -

B-Class (fast) - experienced riders - overtaking on straights and the OUTSIDE of corners (no undertaking) - one-on-one instruction on request.

1 - GreyGhost
    2 - Hover Ho'
    3 - Smot
    4 - Bloubekkie
    5 - Splog

C-class (medium) - Intermediate & more experienced riders - min 400cc - overtaking on straights ONLY - also one instructor per 8 bikes. Pillion rides are allowed in this class!

1 - RazorRen
    2 - Henk
    3 - Lycan (To pay 31 May)
    4 -
    5 -

D-Class (slow) - 1st timers and smaller bikes - no overtaking - multiple groups of no more than 8 bikes per instructor on the track at the same time.

1 - Angel70 (don't know if I will have my CBR600 by then)
    2 - slowpoke (Tazz and the instructors, if you feel it's time for me to move up to C that will be ok)
    3 -
    4 -
    5 -

Tazz & Crash: Guys, if you have a Scala Teamset or Q2 or Supertooth Comsets, you're welcome to 'pair up' and we'll talk you round the track.
    It Don't mean a thang if it ain't got that BLING!!!

Bike
    1200GS Adventure (Storm), BMW G450X Bundu Basher, WSBK SS Stephan Chambon's GSXR600 Corona Suzuki
    Region
    Gauteng

Guys'nGals, please can you rather copy'npaste when you wanna add your name - rather than hitting the "quote" button.

I am a pedantic an@l retentive who likes my threads the way I like 'em

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

http://www.phakisa.com/vpt.htm

Right Guys 'n Gals I have managed to secure a date for this, however urgency is the key word here, time to stop dillydallying one time and you need to make a firm committment here and now and you need to be able to pay before the 6th June.

Please Note - This is the serryhaas part - I need a minimum of 55 people to cover costs - preferably over that to fund the contingencies.
    I want to do so much for these training days - I have access to so many training tools but they all cost money and time.
    The time I am more than willing to give as a freebie out of passion - but all the rest of the aids cost money - hey a card for my helmet cam is nearly a grand - I can do plenty but I need your support to help others!

If you cannot do either of these things - please be fair and not put your name down as I cannot rely any more on maybe's.

You need to also indicate which you would prefer - two days or one.....(note that if it swings the other way - you need to be able to attend as well.)

There will be Medical response in attendance.

Again I don't want to sound like the Fuhrer on this one - but you have no idea how much background work goes into this and I cannot be chasing money or funding a loss like I have done in the past - there isn't funds anymore - as for the rest I do with pleasure in the interest of Think Bike and keeping people alive!!!!!

The format will be similar to Zwartkops and training will take place on Saturday from about 12h00.

I will up the level of training as per request and we will have more "classroom training" in terms of correct body positioning on your bike - I have organised a training room where we can use more visual aids for verbal instruction and I can put up a big screen where we will have video and picture aids, I will explain some more of the myths behind "apexes," "cutting Points," "weighting footpegs," "looking through corners," etc etc.
    Basic riding stuff that some peeps cannot master like doing a u turn, we do this so often in our life and it is the most hazardous manouver, yet so many people (even accomplished riders) cannot get it right - it is SOOO easy - once you know the SECRET......this and more will be revealed!!!!!

Good news I will also have my helmet cam so I can follow peeps and then show them the footage of their ride and they will be able to see rather where they are going wrong!!!!!

Sunday will be the time that you can go out on the track along with the instructors and practice those new found skills.

If you want to learn more advanced skills - this will be the time to take advantage of the instructors.
    If you want to get your knee down, or perfect a braking technique, or find the right line through a corner - this is where to find these skills out!
    Here's a scary stat - do you know that NOT ONE PERSON asked me on Sunday to show them ANY of the above things or one-on-one instruction time - come peeps - this is your time to learn these things - this is what I am there for!!!!!!

As far as the accomodation goes for this event - there are plenty of guest houses and hotels in the area - http://www.wheretostay.co.za/fs/tg/a...ion/welkom.php

But if you want to be in with the vibe and camp out in the pits - then I invite you to come and join us in the pits - bring you fart sack, (tent if you want privacy) - camper van if she's a screamer!!!! - whatever - just pull in and come have fun, the cost for that is easy - zip, squat nada, zilch, aimuna!!!!!

I will organise braais and meat and braai packs for sale and slaai and all that *** - I will have the racevan going that you can pack k@k into - so don't worry about that.
    I am busy with Sabi Valley coffees for a sponsorship and that will be the coffee side taken care of - anyone who's been to our GS Challenge will vouch for the quality of the coffee!!!!!!

There is a canteen there and they will be open for the rest of the stuff, so there will alles that you okey and okeyettes need!!
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Cost R 300 Souff Effrecan Ronds if it's Sunday only!
    R 600 Souff Effrecan Ronds if it's Saturday & Sunday (Preferable!)

Bike
    "Black Beauty" Daytona 955i, "MooseBob" CRF230F, "The Project" XL500S
    Region
    Gauteng

Trompie has also got a Scala Rider headset, so can also do 1 on 1 instruction with a compatable headset whilst on track!
    I was also a strong lad once, long ago........when 2 strokes ruled the world & Texan Plain meant something...........

Bike
    Billy-Bob & Tonto
    Region
    Gauteng

A Class - (Experienced Fast Riders & Instructors) - for peeps with track experience and faster experienced riders!
    Full overtaking allowed!

1 - Tazzman
    4 - Skinny
    5 - Jimis

B-Class (fast) - experienced riders - overtaking on straights and the OUTSIDE of corners (no undertaking) - one-on-one instruction on request.

1 - GreyGhost
    2 - Hover Ho'
    3 - Smot
    4 - Bloubekkie
    5 - Splog

C-class (medium) - Intermediate & more experienced riders - min 400cc - overtaking on straights ONLY - also one instructor per 8 bikes. Pillion rides are allowed in this class!

1 - RazorRen
    2 - Henk
    4 -
    5 -

D-Class (slow) - 1st timers and smaller bikes - no overtaking - multiple groups of no more than 8 bikes per instructor on the track at the same time.

2 - slowpoke (Tazz and the instructors, if you feel it's time for me to move up to C that will be ok)
    3 -
    4 -
    5 -

Tazz & Crash: Guys, if you have a Scala Teamset or Q2 or Supertooth Comsets, you're welcome to 'pair up' and we'll talk you round the track.

Bike
    Vuka ML150
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Full overtaking allowed!

1 - Tazzman
    4 - Skinny
    5 - Jimis

1 - GreyGhost
    2 - Hover Ho'
    3 - Smot
    4 - Bloubekkie
    5 - Splog

1 - RazorRen
    2 - Henk
    4 -
    5 -

3 - antoinettem
    4 -
    5 -

It's not the state of one's physique that matters, but the state of one's mind.
    www.justariver.blogspot.com

Doesn't suffer fools gladly n3cr0's Avatar
    Bike
    BMW K1300R, Honda CBR 900 Fireblade, GSX-R750 L1
    Region
    Gauteng

Tazz
    Plz put me down for Sat & Sunday.Group C
    I will only be back by my PC on Mon

Bike
    YAMAHA R6
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by splog View Post
    Full overtaking allowed!

1 - Tazzman
    4 -

1 - GreyGhost
    2 - Hover Ho'
    3 - Smot
    4 - Bloubekkie
    5 - splog
    6 -

1 - RazorRen
    2 - Henk
    4 - Darkmessiah
    5 -

3 -
    4 -
    5 -
    LIVE LIFE IN THE FAST LANE..... DON'T REGRET THE PAST......... CHANGE THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
    '06 Kawasaki Z750S
    Region
    Gauteng

Full overtaking allowed!

1 - Tazzman
    4 - Skinny
    5 - Jimis

1 - GreyGhost
    2 - Hover Ho'
    3 - Smot
    4 - Bloubekkie
    5 - Splog

1 - RazorRen
    2 - Henk
    4 - n3cr0
    5 -Darkmessiah

3 - antoinettem
    4 -
    5 -

Guys, to make it easier to quote and not leave people out.etc
    Perhaps just remove the [quote] at the beginning of the post and the [/quote ] at the end of the post? ;)
    Fuelly

Bike
    Triumph Street Triple R
    Region
    Gauteng

Before I commit to anything, is anyone able to trailer my bike for me? I'm happy to drive there myself or does anyone know where I can get a bike trailer for the weekend seeing as I do have a towbar.

Bike
    '06 Kawasaki Z750S
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Cairbre View Post
    Before I commit to anything, is anyone able to trailer my bike for me? I'm happy to drive there myself or does anyone know where I can get a bike trailer for the weekend seeing as I do have a towbar.
    Do you have to have a license to be able to have a trailer attached to your car? Or can anyone with a car license have a trailer?

I too would like to try confirm 100% that I will be able to have my bike trailered there. Then just need to get the cash and my name will be down
    Fuelly

Bike
    Blackbird CBR1100XX
    Region
    Gauteng

Full overtaking allowed!

1 - Tazzman
    4 - Skinny
    5 - Jimis

1 - GreyGhost
    2 - Hover Ho'
    3 - Smot
    4 - Bloubekkie
    5 - Splog

1 - RazorRen
    2 - Henk
    4 - n3cr0
    5 -Darkmessiah

3 - antoinettem
    4 - Sleen
    5 -

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. ~Andre Gide
    One does what one is; one becomes what one does. ~Robert von Musil

Bike
    Triumph Street Triple R
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by PsyCLown View Post
    Do you have to have a license to be able to have a trailer attached to your car? Or can anyone with a car license have a trailer?

I too would like to try confirm 100% that I will be able to have my bike trailered there. Then just need to get the cash and my name will be down
    Trailer needs to have a license. A normal drivers (B) license allows towing. Check your license card, it even has a picture of a car with a trailer behind it

Bike
    Derbi GPR 125
    Region
    Gauteng

I would also love to attend, both days. But I will also need to trailer my bike down. My engine will spontaneously explode if I were to ride down.
    <3 Strokers

Bike
    "Black Beauty" Daytona 955i, "MooseBob" CRF230F, "The Project" XL500S
    Region
    Gauteng

T-Bike Trailer Hire in Greenside - can't find the blasted phone number though.
    I was also a strong lad once, long ago........when 2 strokes ruled the world & Texan Plain meant something...........

Bike
    YAMAHA R6
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    T-Bike Trailer Hire in Greenside - can't find the blasted phone number though.

If you find it please pm it to me as i want to hire a 3 birth bike trailer, There will be place for 2 other bikes if i get a 3 birth so i'm sure i can trailer your bike if you dont want to ride???????
    LIVE LIFE IN THE FAST LANE..... DON'T REGRET THE PAST......... CHANGE THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
    YAMAHA R6
    Region
    Gauteng

Does any1 know where i can Buy a 3 birth bike trailer second hand or new????

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Full overtaking allowed!

1 - Tazzman
    4 - Skinny
    5 - Jimis

1 - GreyGhost
    2 - Hover Ho'
    3 - Smot
    4 - Bloubekkie
    5 - Splog
    6 - Splat

1 - RazorRen
    2 - Henk
    4 - n3cr0
    5 -Darkmessiah

3 - antoinettem
    4 - Sleen
    5 -

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmessiah View Post
    i'm sure i can trailer your bike if you dont want to ride???????
    Why would anyone with a reasonable bike NOT want to ride??? :roll:

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR 2010 Limited Edition and Victory Vegas Jackpot
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmessiah View Post
    Does any1 know where i can Buy a 3 birth bike trailer second hand or new????
    I have a Lazy load type trailer still Brand new Used it once If you interested It's called a Macaw
    REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give