+ Reply to Thread

Thread: biketrip to parys

Lurker
    Bike
    Please enter your ride!!!!!
    Region
    Gauteng

Default biketrip to parys

anybody that can help me, i want to take a trip to parys for a lekka breakfast, from gauteng
    any ideas
    thx
    Last edited by johnb; 26-04-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spelling!!! problems

benm

Parys is a great place. In the main street you will see the usual coffee shops, and there are usually bikes parked in front. Enjoy! What road will you be riding?

Lurker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by benm View Post
    Parys is a great place. In the main street you will see the usual coffee shops, and there are usually bikes parked in front. Enjoy! What road will you be riding?
    dont know any route from GP

benm

I often go to Parys in my cage, and the road I would recommend is as follows:

From Alberton, drive on freeway towards Vereeniging. Past Vereeniging (before crossing the Vaal) take the slipway towards Vanderbijlpark. Drive straight through Vanderbijl (unfortunately this is a busy double road, but only about 4km's). At the end of Vanderbijl (large shopping centre on the left) you will get a robot (Sasolburg left, Gauteng right), cross right over this robot, and you enter the smallholdings. It's a fairly quiet road, which will take you past the Barrage. After the Barrage, you will see a "Parys" sign, take this.

Do NOT take the Sasolburg Parys road. It is under construction and quite dangerous.

Enjoy

Lurker
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

can you tell me from GP what route will u take
    thx

Bike
    A broom and ThnAir!
    Region
    Gauteng

When do you want to go?
    I've got an great ambition to die of exhaution rather than boredom! Thomas Carlyle. And I soooo agree with him

benm

Sorry no luck. I'm only getting my learners on Tuesday (if all goes well) and my bike sometime next week. Then...... I must still learn to ride it.... so, maybe next year only. Hope you enjoy it though.
    :wink:

Bike
    Ducrapi look alike... Aprilia with an oil leak
    Region
    Gauteng

Do NOT take the Sasolburg Parys road. It is under construction and quite dangerous.

Enjoy
    Hey Ben,

Isn't the construction finished already? Last time I was out that way was last year and even with the roadworks it wasn't too bad. Stayed around 80 and found it quite safe.
    When in doubt, Gas It! It may not solve the problem, but it WILL end the suspense!

benm

Finished....Man, just see how long they been busy around J'burg without much progress. The road is rideable, but no lines and a lot of loose stones. The bit from where it crosses over the N1 up to Parys is finished, and it is a beautiful smooth road. It's the part between Sasolburg and where it crosses the N1 that is still under construction. I tell you, even if it was finished, I would still ride my route as it has a couple of twisties and it is not so boring. Once that road is finally finished though, it will certainly put Parys back on the map.

Bike
    Ducrapi look alike... Aprilia with an oil leak
    Region
    Gauteng

Finished....Man, just see how long they been busy around J'burg without much progress. The road is rideable, but no lines and a lot of loose stones. The bit from where it crosses over the N1 up to Parys is finished, and it is a beautiful smooth road. It's the part between Sasolburg and where it crosses the N1 that is still under construction. I tell you, even if it was finished, I would still ride my route as it has a couple of twisties and it is not so boring. Once that road is finally finished though, it will certainly put Parys back on the map.
    lekker man, thanks for the head's up.

I know Blackie also took us through a back road which was great, he'll have to tell us the route, he grew up in the area so knows it well.
    When in doubt, Gas It! It may not solve the problem, but it WILL end the suspense!

+ Reply to Thread