Thread: Roads fabulously quiet - the I saw - Taxi Strike

Evil Biker Scum Laughing Girl AKA Spoon's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 F650 GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Roads fabulously quiet - the I saw - Taxi Strike

Today as I went to work, I noticed that the traffic was surprisingly quiet, flowing well and very courteous.

Going onto the highway was a breeze, and even on the highway it was flowling smootly and quickly even at and past Allandale. I remember thinking - "I wonder if there is an accident at Samrand, or further North to make su few cars bere here" - ok that is not good English but get the drift.

And it continued all the way to work. ALL the way without exception.

Then when I got in, my colleauges told me that there is a Taxi strike. HA HA. No wonder the roads are so quiet and the traffic si flowing - there are no fools to push in and f*ck up the flow and drive like cretins on the highway, and be generally selfish.

I believe the strike is abot power - the word has gone out - the government versus the taxis to bring them under control before the Federations Cup and even the World Cup, and they don't like being regulated AT ALL. I even saw on the news that now that Metro are clamping down on them they feel "victimised".

Boo hoo.

I know taht the question of public transport is a very tricky one in this country, but I vote for more regulation and less rule breaking in the Taxi industry. Let them get a clue and perhaps we will have more days like today.

This above all - to thine own self be true, then it must follow as the night, the day, thou canst not be false to any man - Hamlet

Bike
    1987 - FJ1200 "Edwina"
    Region
    Gauteng

Unfortunately, the reason the Taxi industry is so strong is that for many years, the Govt. never bothered to create a proper public transport infrastructure. So some enterprising folk started schlepping commuters around in Hi-Ace's. Then, instead of controlling and regulating the Taxi industry properly, the Govt. jus sat back and allowed the Taxi Industry to do its own thing for years.

Of course, now that the Taxi industry is so huge, there are thousands of people who see their career/income being threatened. Also, where for years they've been permitted to do as they pleased, suddenly the authorities want to tighten the leash.

It's no wonder they're upset ...
    In retrospect, the future looks quite promising ...

Bike
    Bike-loos
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Girl AKA Spoon View Post

I know taht the question of public transport is a very tricky one in this country, but I vote for more regulation and less rule breaking in the Taxi industry. Let them get a clue and perhaps we will have more days like today.
    Hear hear!!!
    I love the RUMBLING EARTHSHATTERING sound of my V-TWIN!!!!!

Bike
    Yamaha XTZ125
    Region
    Gauteng

News24: Rubber bullets fired at protesters.
    http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...490617,00.html

cry me a river! they are being "victimised" - no spoilt child likes discipline, i say send the Army in and stomp these bastards, hard!

Bike
    suzuki an 650 burgman
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Wiledog View Post
    News24: Rubber bullets fired at protesters.
    http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...490617,00.html

cry me a river! they are being "victimised" - no spoilt child likes discipline, i say send the Army in and stomp these bastards, hard!
    you mean we have a armyops:

Bike
    No Bike, No hospital visits
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    you mean we have a armyops:
    :you_wish:

Bike
    waiting ...
    Region
    Gauteng

I can't say that unfortunately ... traffic was just as bad today going from Kempton to Sandton ... and in addition we have no tea girl and no receptionist ...
    <a href=https://www.tbforum.co.za/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1913_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.tbforum.co.za/forum/sign...gpic1913_4.gif</a>

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-R 750
    Region
    Gauteng

Sure the roads are nice and quiet today but....

I've never had such a K@K day on the roads and that in my cage. It was as if my car was invisible because every second cnut cut me off or tried to kill me. Mercs, busses, fords, bms, you name them I got cut off or pushed off the road by them. And that in the 30min I was in and around Florida.

I think the taxis have just become an entity to point a finger at because people are to sh|t "sleg" to accept responsibility for their actions. "If the taxi's can do it, why can't I?" Wake the fcuk up!

*Rant OFF*
    2 Wheels And A Long Way To Go, Expand My Mind, Feed My Soul, put The Fun Between My Legs and GO GO GO!!!

Bike
    Hunter LF125
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by SV MAD View Post
    Hear hear!!!
    I 2nd that....
    Bass.co.za
    The Edge For The Serious Bass Angler

"Remembrance is power, thou shall live for ever in the mind of others"...Frik Maartens

Bike
    Back to my ROOTS
    Region
    Gauteng

Great for traffic, BUT I Have NO staff!!!! Can I send the taxi association a bill for my lost revenue???
    Ride with the Eagles in Safety! Not with the Angels by Accident

In Memory of Blackie Swart! A Man among men, and a true Friend! RIP!