Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Um Mr. Insurance, what the hell????

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape

Unhappy Um Mr. Insurance, what the hell????

I just received a very disturbing sms from my insurance for my bike, stating that someone was dismissed from the company due to financial discrepancies, and that he is attempting a hostile takeover. The one dismissed is one of three people, and is the managing member.

Um, I dont think that is what I want to hear from my insurance. I am really thinking of changing my insurance as I tried to phone them now and before as well to ask them some info and I cannot get through. I was assigned this insurance when applying for finance on my bike.

Tell you the truth, I would rather have no insurance than these buggers right now.

What do I do to proceed with this?

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    the original 650 GS
    Region
    Western Cape

Was the insurance part of the "deal", or are you paying a separate monthly premium to the insurance company?

As long as you are paying a separate premium it should be easy enough to move to another company. Once you find a company/insurance house that works for you let them do the switch - it is possible that you must give notice or some other fine print ....

Hopefully somebody can give you advice on insurance companies. I only know BMW insurance (for my bike), you will have to "upgrade" your bike for them to provide insurance ...

Most of the others are very expensive on bikes. Some even give road side assist. So many options, SO much fine print !

Bike
    CBX 250 and had a VTR SP2
    Region
    Gauteng

if the sms is valid, change insurance, phone (011) 768-0101 and ask for Claudette tell her you were revered by me she will know who i am
    Dress for the fall not for the ride

Bike
    DRAGSTAR XVS1100
    Region
    Western Cape

i have my bike and car insurance linked to my household policy thru Nedbank
    and the premiums are very good doing it this way
    THERE ARE HOLES IN THE SKY WHERE THE RAIN GETS IN
    BUT THEY'ER EVER SO SMALL THAT'S WHY THE RAIN IS THIN
    SPIKE MILLIGAN...WHO KEPT ME SANE!!....I THINK?

Bike
    2005 Z750
    Region
    Gauteng

Usually the "deal" you get when purchasing your vehicle is not the best deal out there. Shop around and get quotes, also, like greybeard suggested, try and get all your goods insured by the same okes, I pay something like R36 for my wifes Bros, R300 for the ER6 and R350 for the ZX6 by having my house and car with them as well...

Bike
    CBX 250 and had a VTR SP2
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Pumba View Post
    Usually the "deal" you get when purchasing your vehicle is not the best deal out there. Shop around and get quotes, also, like greybeard suggested, try and get all your goods insured by the same okes, I pay something like R36 for my wifes Bros, R300 for the ER6 and R350 for the ZX6 by having my house and car with them as well...
    not bad at all
    Dress for the fall not for the ride

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    Was the insurance part of the "deal", or are you paying a separate monthly premium to the insurance company?

As long as you are paying a separate premium it should be easy enough to move to another company. Once you find a company/insurance house that works for you let them do the switch - it is possible that you must give notice or some other fine print ....

Hopefully somebody can give you advice on insurance companies. I only know BMW insurance (for my bike), you will have to "upgrade" your bike for them to provide insurance ...

Most of the others are very expensive on bikes. Some even give road side assist. So many options, SO much fine print !
    No, the insurance was only for the bank to give me the finance. I pay separate insurance on the bike as well as the premuim on the bike. Something is telling me to change insurance as soon as possible.

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by super-fly View Post
    if the sms is valid, change insurance, phone (011) 768-0101 and ask for Claudette tell her you were revered by me she will know who i am
    Thanks I'll phone around. Does anyone know where I can get the best price as well as great service for my bike. I am paying about R309 a month on my Busa.

I see hippo.co.za doesnt give comparative quotes on motorcycles, only cars.

Bike
    "Black Beauty" Daytona 955i, "MooseBob" CRF230F, "The Project" XL500S
    Region
    Gauteng

Brokerage in question is Multimon.

I received a letter from the Nick Venter new brokerage last week to state he has left them & is starting a new brokerage as Multimon mainly do property rentals now?? With the letter came a broker appointment letter to fill in, sign & fax back to his new brakerage?

Then got an SMS this morning from Multimon to say that Nick has been dismissed "due to financial discrepancies" & he's attempting a hostile takeover.

If my memory serves me correctly Nick is a member of the HellRazors - ping any members on the forum - can you shed any light on this?

In any event I will move my insurance at the end of Feb - one month's notice will be given to Multimon & I'll place the business with Mont Blanc - best thing is Month Blanc cover me for A-Group on track days!!
    I was also a strong lad once, long ago........when 2 strokes ruled the world & Texan Plain meant something...........

Bike
    Harley Sportster 883L, FZ6R
    Region
    Gauteng

Guys, I am a Hell Razor. I have just spoken to Nick and I am satisfied with his explanation. He has advised that further letters will be going out to his clients shortly, one of which will come from the insurance companies themselves confirming that all current insurance is perfectly safe and that clients are covered.

He also advised that any clients who want to may contact him directly to assure themselves of the situation.

Please can we refrain from any further comment on the SMS apparently received from Multimon, as the content is defamatory.

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    Kz750...under construction
    Region
    Gauteng

Also try AON, who recently took over Heritage. I pay around R440 for my gixxer.

Contact details:

Claude Weber | New Business
    Tel: +27 11 944 7621 | Fax: +27 11 944 8045
    Mobile No: +27 82 677 8574
    E-Mail: claude_weber@aon.co.za

Capt Grumpy - The Comedian
    Bike
    R1200R
    Region
    Gauteng

You can call me if you need to, I have a bike only facility now as well as the usual fantastic combo deals.

office no 011 900 2633
    Spent my therapy money on a K1200S
    Therapy must have worked, bought a GS
    Insanity crept back in, in the shape of an R1200R

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

I moved my insurance to Stranger a while ago. Saved more than R1 000 a month - very happy camper, me.
    O Captain! My Captain! ...
    ... But I, with silent tread, Walk the spot my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead.

In loving memory of our Buccaneer: Brian Cannoo 1962 - 2008

Bike
    Suzuki GSX750, Yamaha XT400, Suzuki SV1000S & the Bakersmans delivery Bike
    Region
    Outside South Africa

All my bikes are covered by Iron Horse and I pay about R450.00 a month

Alan Van Rensburg
    011 478 1412
    www.ironhorse.co.za
    In Memory of those who never returned Home

For those who fought for it. FREEDOM has a flavour the protected will never know

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape

Thanks very much all for your responses, I have listened to all replies and am busy making my investigations, hopefully I will find a much better insurance in the next month.

Thanks guys/gals

Bike
    Ducrapi look alike... Aprilia with an oil leak
    Region
    Gauteng

I'm also with Iron Horse. Good service in 5 years from Alan and his staff
    When in doubt, Gas It! It may not solve the problem, but it WILL end the suspense!

Bike
    Suzuki GSXR 2010 Limited Edition and Victory Vegas Jackpot
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
    I just received a very disturbing sms from my insurance for my bike, stating that someone was dismissed from the company due to financial discrepancies, and that he is attempting a hostile takeover. The one dismissed is one of three people, and is the managing member.

Um, I dont think that is what I want to hear from my insurance. I am really thinking of changing my insurance as I tried to phone them now and before as well to ask them some info and I cannot get through. I was assigned this insurance when applying for finance on my bike.

Tell you the truth, I would rather have no insurance than these buggers right now.
    I also got this sms from Multimon????
    REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL. We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape

Then you might be getting something in the post as well soon, asking you to join Nick's new insurance firm. Ai, ai, all this politics

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Region
    Western Cape

Man this is a bit of a late update, but as the future went, I cancelled with Multimon and insured my Busa with Stranger of the forum. All I can say people is insure your bikes through him!! Although I was not insured for long as I made the very hard choice to sell my bike, the service I received in that timeframe was absolutely outstanding!

With my next big bike I will definitely insure them through Stranger. Thanks mate!

Capt Grumpy - The Comedian
    Bike
    R1200R
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
    Man this is a bit of a late update, but as the future went, I cancelled with Multimon and insured my Busa with Stranger of the forum. All I can say people is insure your bikes through him!! Although I was not insured for long as I made the very hard choice to sell my bike, the service I received in that timeframe was absolutely outstanding!

With my next big bike I will definitely insure them through Stranger. Thanks mate!
    Thanks Mate, much appreciated.
    Spent my therapy money on a K1200S
    Therapy must have worked, bought a GS
    Insanity crept back in, in the shape of an R1200R