Page 121 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 3401

Thread: Twister Owners

Biker
    Bike
    Honda CBX 250 and Motomia 125
    Region
    Western Cape

I frequently drive to Hermanus and back (from Durbanville). By the coast (Gordon's Bay, Rooiels) going and N2 coming back. I cannot stress enough how much difference the screen makes while coming back.

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Region
    Gauteng

Hey Twister owners, some advise please. What do u feel is the best oil to use in the twister? Thanks guys!
    It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not...

Women are Angels, and if our wings get broken, we simply continue to fly ... on a broomstick ...

Biker
    Bike
    Honda CBX 250 and Motomia 125
    Region
    Western Cape

I was told Castrol GTX 20W50 by the guy I bought mine from. It had 27000km on the clock and is still running smooth so it must be ok. Allthough he said he changed the oil every 1500km

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by sselmrah View Post
    I was told Castrol GTX 20W50 by the guy I bought mine from. It had 27000km on the clock and is still running smooth so it must be ok. Allthough he said he changed the oil every 1500km
    Thanks a mil! Off to Midas I go...

Women are Angels, and if our wings get broken, we simply continue to fly ... on a broomstick ...

Bike
    BMW F650 GS Twin
    Region
    Gauteng

Bike in for 3000km service, just to ensure everything is fine. Anything else I need to do to it other than the snorkels when I get her back?

Bike
    BMW R1200GS & Honda NC750x
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by GSeXR600 View Post
    Hey Twister owners, some advise please. What do u feel is the best oil to use in the twister? Thanks guys!
    Use ELF MOTO 4 HP ECO 10W40....and change your service intervals to 5000km

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.
    Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by bizcut View Post
    Use ELF MOTO 4 HP ECO 10W40....and change your service intervals to 5000km
    and how does your bike run bizcut? my son's is VERY flat, almost like a scooter with gears... I rode it on friday (which was not very enjoyable) and about 6 months ago (which was a blast) as 6 months ago it was quite perky. He has done a service in the interim but I don't know what oil he put in. I know it will make a huge difference having the correct oil as it's a 4 stroke ...

Bike
    CBX250 Twister
    Region
    Gauteng

I threw in 20w50 without a problem.
    It is riding very nice.

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by GSeXR600 View Post
    and how does your bike run bizcut? I know it will make a huge difference having the correct oil as it's a 4 stroke ...
    My Twister has now done ±52000km and probably going better now since new (still std). Definitely not comparable to a scooter.

I tried various 4 stroke oils, but found most of the "car" oils (Castrol, Helix etc) causes to much drag on the clutch at idle. Eventually settled on the fortified ELF oil.

Twisters very sensitive to dirty air filters. Check yours and maybe drain the carb as well.

Bike
    BMW F650 GS Twin
    Region
    Gauteng

Holy Balls R1300 for a damn 3000KM service?!?! Daaaaaauum.

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She), EX300 (Baby Girl)
    Region
    Gauteng

problem with a bike like the 250, is the clutch and gear box are built in, so they all use the same oil, this is a touchy issue, as u want the thinnest semi synthetic oil for the gear box so the oil flows quickly, and a thicker oil for the clutch so it doesn’t slip. so this is why the bike comes with a 4t 10w40 semi synthetic, i personally use Motul 5100 4t (10w40) its the same spec as the castrol 4t 10w40 that honda puts into the bike, remember that as our bike is air cooled, and the gear box and clutch is in the bike, u want to use the right oil, and don’t change out your oil with a different type if your not going to clean the engine out with brake cleaner, but seriously its cheap to do the oil and filter change, Honda always tells me the biggest problem with the twister is it burns a lot of oil and that’s why it needs to be changed every 3000km, and checked and topped up regularly.
    4t 10w40.JPGmtul.JPG
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by bizcut View Post
    My Twister has now done ±52000km and probably going better now since new (still std). Definitely not comparable to a scooter.

I tried various 4 stroke oils, but found most of the "car" oils (Castrol, Helix etc) causes to much drag on the clutch at idle. Eventually settled on the fortified ELF oil.

Twisters very sensitive to dirty air filters. Check yours and maybe drain the carb as well.

thanks bizcut, got filter already, just wanna get best oil. AND get Matt (our son) to clean out the carb - been trying to get him to do that for over a month His bike, his job...

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    problem with a bike like the 250, is the clutch and gear box are built in, so they all use the same oil, this is a touchy issue, as u want the thinnest semi synthetic oil for the gear box so the oil flows quickly, and a thicker oil for the clutch so it doesn’t slip. so this is why the bike comes with a 4t 10w40 semi synthetic, i personally use Motul 5100 4t (10w40) its the same spec as the castrol 4t 10w40 that honda puts into the bike, remember that as our bike is air cooled, and the gear box and clutch is in the bike, u want to use the right oil, and don’t change out your oil with a different type if your not going to clean the engine out with brake cleaner, but seriously its cheap to do the oil and filter change, Honda always tells me the biggest problem with the twister is it burns a lot of oil and that’s why it needs to be changed every 3000km, and checked and topped up regularly.
    4t 10w40.JPGmtul.JPG
    Thanks Hobbes, that is very interesting to know. I will tell Matt that as well

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She), EX300 (Baby Girl)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Ptashark View Post
    Holy Balls R1300 for a damn 3000KM service?!?! Daaaaaauum.
    PTAshark, i can promise u right now, this is the easiest bike to work on, as soon as your one year waranty that covers nothing on the bike but the honda badge is up, u need to start servicing the bike your self, pm me if u want some help, or if you want me to email u the english workshop manual, a full service with brake pads and spark plug is R800 and thats the major every 12000km, evey other service should cost about 200 to 300 bucks dependant on how much maintence you do in one go.
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Bike
    BMW F650 GS Twin
    Region
    Gauteng

PTAshark, i can promise u right now, this is the easiest bike to work on, as soon as your one year waranty that covers nothing on the bike but the honda badge is up, u need to start servicing the bike your self, pm me if u want some help, or if you want me to email u the english workshop manual, a full service with brake pads and spark plug is R800 and thats the major every 12000km, evey other service should cost about 200 to 300 bucks dependant on how much maintence you do in one go.
    That's the plan! I bought it when it had 1600KM on, warranty is done end of this month. Just wanted the first service done by Honda to ensure everything is ok with it. Definitely going to do the services myself from here on out. At least there are loads of guys who can help!

Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

problem with a bike like the 250, is the clutch and gear box are built in, so they all use the same oil, this is a touchy issue, as u want the thinnest semi synthetic oil for the gear box so the oil flows quickly, and a thicker oil for the clutch so it doesn’t slip.
    Tiny problem I had with the Motuls and some other oils is that very few of them are actually rated as JASO MA/MA2. (right friction coefficients for being synthetic)

Honda always tells me the biggest problem with the twister is it burns a lot of oil and that’s why it needs to be changed every 3000km, and checked and topped up regularly.
    I also used to top-up initially, however since the Twister's been on ELF, no top-ups between (5000km) services.

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    Region
    Gauteng

i agree with you in terms of using a higher quality brand is always best practise, but i disagree with the KM amounts, the reason is the same oil flows from the filter to the head to the gear box to the clutch, if there is wear from the clutch i would rather get it out and change out burnt oil with metal deposits in every 3000km rather then leave it to do more wear to cams and gear box, this wear is tiny or non existant, but i plan on keeping the bike until the day she finally loves me no more. and at the rate i abuse her, i owe her every second of maintence she deserves. i would paint her toe nails red if she would keep still long enough, but thats just my personal prefrence to maintence.

Bike
    Vespa 200GT (Sabina)
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi Everybody,

Is there a twister coffee or a bike run in Gauteng scheduled soon?
    I'd dig to meet more twister owners
    thanks

Bike
    BMW F650 GS Twin
    Region
    Gauteng

Elwood, that sounds like a brilliant idea. I'm in!

Bike
    CBX250 Twister
    Region
    Gauteng

Im in