Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3401

Thread: Twister Owners

The Windsurfer
    Bike
    2003 BMW R1150R
    Region
    Outside South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke View Post
    My bike is getting close to the 27k km service and I would just like to know what needs to be done?

https://grantward.wordpress.com/honda-cbx-250-twister/

Lurker
    Bike
    Honda CBX 250
    Region
    Western Cape

Thanks Ashley but on the on the blog the service manual only goes to 18k km

The Windsurfer
    Bike
    2003 BMW R1150R
    Region
    Outside South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmoke View Post
    Thanks Ashley but on the on the blog the service manual only goes to 18k km
    Just repeat the pattern until you get to 27k km.

e.g. Spark plug ... replace 6k, 12k, 18k, 24k, 30k - you would not need to replace at 27k.
    Air filter ...... replace 18k, 36k - you would not need to replace at 27k.

If you are unsure of the previous service history, rather do more than less as it can't do any harm and then you know exactly where you are for you next service.

Lurker
    Bike
    Honda CBX 250
    Region
    Western Cape

Ok now I get it thanks

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Region
    Gauteng

So thinking of selling my twister. I haven't used it much the past few months and the versys does everything that the twister does, with that extra power. Obviously it would be nice to keep it, I do find it nicer riding a small bike in traffic, but I don't think having two bikes to look after is worth it for me at this stage (plus I have already spent most of this months salary, and have definite plans on how to send my credit card to rock bottom very quickly).

How much do you think I should sell it for? I will be honest and tell everything that is or was broken:
    1) Starter button broke (fixed bush mechanic style, no problems since)
    2) Cam chain tensioner spring broke (fixed bush mechanic style, by bending hook part in remains of old spring, seems to have worked fine, Honda wanted R500 for new cam chain tensioner
    3) Front fender/mudguard broke (fixed with fiberglass and so on, its strong but you can see that its was broken)
    4) It had a top box bracket welded onto the passenger hand grips, eventually all of that broke. (not fixed or replaced)
    5) Clutch lever broke each time I dropped the bike (Replaced multiple times, was about R170 per clutch lever at Honda. If sold, bike will come with a spare clutch lever that I have ready just in case)
    6) Speedometer cable got badly bent {someone who didn't know that you are not supposed to touch other peoples bikes} (fixed bush mechanic style, works)
    7) Gear shift lever bent but fully functional
    Some scratches and bruises, it was my first bike and I am clumsy at times. I don't know how many times I dropped it but it was more than 4.
    9) Seat developed 2 cm size holes in the leather in some places.
    It has about 50 000 km. New front tyre, back tyre is probably about 50 %. Chain + sprockets fairly new. There is NO FORMAL SERVICE HISTORY, previous owners claimed that it was serviced, but who knows. I serviced it myself, the oil got changed regularly, and the obvious stuff {the stuff that was obvious to me} got done, but the millions of other things the manual talks about may have been neglected.
    I believe it is a 2009 model. Its licensed and road worthy. Comes with bike cover.
    I'm thinking about ZAR 12 000.

Meme Mumbler
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng

R12,000 sounds spot on to me and leaves a little room for negotiating.

Good Luck with the sale.

Lurker
    Bike
    Honda CBX 250
    Region
    Western Cape

Default Mirrors

My mirrors on my bike are starting to rust and I want some bar end mirrors.
    Would these mirrors fit the honda cbx 250?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-7-...dWLyI9&vxp=mtr

Bike
    2010 Honda CBX 250
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi guys, I just got my first bike and it's a twister:

http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthr...-Honda-CBX-250

Where do you guys service your bikes (I'm in the West Rand area)? And how much should I expect a 36000km service to cost?

Hooligan Biker
    Bike
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi positronicdude,

Nice bike, it was also my first.

I service my twister outside my house. The Kawasaki goes to Kawasaki for services because its new and has a warranty or something. To be brutally honest, I don't feel its worth paying to have my Twister serviced.

There is a 291 page 28 MB pdf workshop manual available online for the twister, maybe google honda-cbf-cbx-250-twister-workshop-manual-english-optnopw.pdf

I would recommend doing at least the bare minimum yourself, oil and filter changes, spark plugs, etc.

Not sure about cost but I would imagine a minimum of R1200 for a really basic service (oil, oil filter and spark plugs). When I've taken the versys in they charged around 650 just for labour, R350 for oil (could get 5 L of shell helix hx7 for that!) and 185 for oil filter. Maybe you can see why I don't think its worth taking it (the cbx and really the versys as well) for services... . I guess it also depends on how mechanically inclined you are and how the finances are etc
    Last edited by MichaelC; 05-01-2016 at 10:26 PM. Reason: ambiguous it

Bike
    2010 Honda CBX 250
    Region
    Gauteng

Thanks for the info MichaelC

Since I just got this bike and it doesn't have a solid service history I think I'd like to get a professional to give it a once over, so I'll take it to Honda for a service this time and see what they do/what parts they use etc.

Lurker
    Bike
    CBX250
    Region
    Gauteng

Hi All,

This is my 1st post. I have lurked a while and even registered before but then and today it told me I'm banned (weird) the Admin finally fixed it, Thnak YOU!
    I am a new Twister owner (2nd day ). I am not an experienced rider but this is my 3rd bike. I still have my Big Boy XTG200 (rubbish ) but she was good and cheap for learning which I now use to teach my son and give an alternative to Playstation! and recently sold my Honda 650 Transalp (this was a great bike but a but just a too tall and top heavy (= constant dropping on the uneven surfaces in my yard for my 1.77m), which has been replaced with the Twister , GREAT!

She is not fast but I am really impressed with this bikes agility (the Transalp was surprisingly 'flickable').

She is a 2005 (5spd) with 24 500km on the clock. She came with an Emagineering aftermarket box and is dead standard other than that. I sommer pulled out those air intake hoses this morning already. This thread is rather large and its going to be though to go through it all. So will anyone please be kind enough to help me with info on:

1. a performance airfilter
    2. a top box bracket combo (for laptop, bread, milk, etc)
    3. a small screen
    4. Anything else you think might be useful for me.

Anyway, I am just reporting for duty and following the thread and hoping to hear if you ever have any group rides I could join in on?

Happy and safe riding
    Rafiq

Bike
    "Sophia" Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Gauteng

My twister is dead.

I want to revive it.

The parts that are damaged are the piston and the sleeve. If anyone has an engine that they've taken apart and have those parts available, please let me know so that we can negotiate.

Option B is to replace the engine. So, if anyone has an engine, or an accident damaged bike, that they would like to part with, please give me a buzz.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: It was my own negligence that killed it. I failed to service and check oil levels. The engine overheated badly, and it looks like parts of the piston melted. The damaged piston damaged the sleeve. These are great engines, and if looked after properly, can go forever. This one had done 68000km before its death.

Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.

Meme Mumbler
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng

Yip lack of maintenance and neglect will end up costing you a small fortune....
    and now with the rand dollar exchange rate the way it is you are in for the high jump.
    Good luck with the repairs.

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Hi everyone... my Twister is at 80 000 kms and still cruising..serviced regularly.. the rear shock is all squishy now. I can get an aftermarket shock but the shop requires the size. No luck with the workshop manual, I have no idea, can anyone help me out?

Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng

You can check out Startline in Pinetown 0861 782 7854 if they don't have something similar in length and fitting. They do have a fair range of different length shocks so go and have a look through the catalogue. www.startline.co.za

Alternatively a shock off a crashed bike may be the most cost effective option considering that most smashes are front ends..
    Dunslop lover....

Bike
    Honda CBR600F
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by frontfeebs View Post
    Hi everyone... my Twister is at 80 000 kms and still cruising..serviced regularly.. the rear shock is all squishy now. I can get an aftermarket shock but the shop requires the size. No luck with the workshop manual, I have no idea, can anyone help me out?
    Dayum! Nice.
    Four wheels move the Body; Two wheels move the Soul
    Fuelly: CBR600F Ninja 250R

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Called startline but the lady i spoke to was vague or maybe she was just having a bad day..will check out the catalogue and pop in there as they're about an hour from me... wanted to try avoid taking the shock off the bike to measure it but just get it done I guess...then you know what you're looking for .. thanks guys

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Honda really got it right with this bike

Bike
    Honda CBR1000RR FIREBLADE & CBX250 TWISTER
    Region
    Gauteng

Hey there all... Think my twister's battery finally gave in after 7 years... Any idea where to buy another battery at best price?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    ------I put Wet Stuff on the Red Stuff!!! ----

Meme Mumbler
    Bike
    BMW, Honda & KTM
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Proton View Post
    Hey there all... Think my twister's battery finally gave in after 7 years... Any idea where to buy another battery at best price?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Capital Batteries Centurion Cc

Telephone:
    (012) 663-6758

Fax Number:
    (012) 663-6617

Postal:
    P.O. Box 9767
    Centurion

Physical:
    Cnr Lenchen & Boabab St
    Verwoerdburgstad