Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169
Results 3,361 to 3,371 of 3371

Thread: Twister Owners

N00b
    Bike
    Waiting
    Region
    Gauteng

So due to some financial constraints I have put off getting this specific twister.

I did not go look at it, but a bud of mine went and had a look - Also a new rider, but his wife said NO!

Some notes from his message to me:

"Looks to be in good condition, last service a year ago, hasnt had any milage since then" License disk expired, but he will sort that.
    Before he had it it was a delivery bike, no passenger footpegs, front wheen mudguard is from another bike, probably in an accident with previous owner. "
    He really wanted the bike, but oh well, he is stuck in pta-jhb traffic.
    Here is a link to the bike: https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?th...cbx250.245220/

Lurker
    Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by evilskaap View Post
    So due to some financial constraints I have put off getting this specific twister.

I did not go look at it, but a bud of mine went and had a look - Also a new rider, but his wife said NO!

Some notes from his message to me:

"Looks to be in good condition, last service a year ago, hasnt had any milage since then" License disk expired, but he will sort that.
    Before he had it it was a delivery bike, no passenger footpegs, front wheen mudguard is from another bike, probably in an accident with previous owner. "
    He really wanted the bike, but oh well, he is stuck in pta-jhb traffic.
    Here is a link to the bike: https://carbonite.co.za/index.php?th...cbx250.245220/
    Amazing how these twisters have held their value so well. I remember reading earlier in this thread when guys were saying how much they bought thier bikes for and IIRC they were going for around 30k brand new at the time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She), EX300 (Baby Girl)
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Tickled_Tortise View Post
    Amazing how these twisters have held their value so well. I remember reading earlier in this thread when guys were saying how much they bought thier bikes for and IIRC they were going for around 30k brand new at the time.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    I have an issue with this subject,

The Parts and Retail value is massively high! the book value is super low, like with Pepper, her book value is like 12k, her retail value is over 25k, if i had to drop her, a tank, tank front cowl and rear Sub frame fairing "she doesnt have a Sub frame, but that bit i sit on of the frame", they will write the bike off, it really sucks, hence why i always rebuild Pepper, cause i keep crashing her into any thing that stands still, "you know im cool like that"

Parts aint too hard to find around cause there are loads of them, just re-morgage your house if your guna go to Imperial Honda.
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Bike
    Ruby - Honda CBX (on loan to a friend) & Ruin - NC750XDCT -Automatic
    Region
    Gauteng

I fully agree with your statement around Imperial Honda. They are very expensive!!

Up the Irons!!!
    Born to Ride, Ride to Live!
    No Love Lost, No Love Found!!

Slip stream king
    Bike
    Honda NC750x & Honda NC750xd
    Region
    Free State

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Ha1esH...ns_share_sheet

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
    Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to continue that Counts!

Bike
    R1200GS (Faith), Yamaha FZ6S (Honi)Sold, KLR650 (Rover)Sold
    Region
    Free State

I saw a CB125 (unfaired) in Europe recently; what a gorgeous looking bike. Can't understand why it would not be a winner here in RSA
    Riding a straight and smooth road does not make a skillful rider.

Slip stream king
    Bike
    Honda NC750x & Honda NC750xd
    Region
    Free State

Quote Originally Posted by SandyN View Post
    I saw a CB125 (unfaired) in Europe recently; what a gorgeous looking bike. Can't understand why it would not be a winner here in RSA
    I still don't understand why Honda SA stopped importing the Twisters....

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
    Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to continue that Counts!

Dirty Bella
    Bike
    CBX250 Baby Blade(Pepper), Gixxer 750(Monica), Daytona 600(She), EX300 (Baby Girl)
    Region
    Gauteng

Why they Stopped the 600 Market in SA, thing is the 3-4-500cc sports bike market is booming with all its off shoots, the CBX unfortunately is seen as an old school boring bike, its loved by every one who know the reliability, and the Commercial industry who rely on the bike. real shame, Pepper is the most beautiful bike to live with
    Lifes like riding the open road. its got its up hills, down hills, its thunderstorms and sunshine, doesnt matter where your going as long as you enjoy the ride

Lurker
    Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Gauteng

There is something special about the twister, iv upgraded because I'm doing more highway riding now. The intention was to sell the twister but it's been two months now and I just can't seem let go of it, especially given its pristine condition, only 6k km on it, everything 100% original, even has the original tires. I don't think I'll ever find another like it if I had to let it go.

Bike
    Ruby - Honda CBX (on loan to a friend) & Ruin - NC750XDCT -Automatic
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Tickled_Tortise View Post
    There is something special about the twister, iv upgraded because I'm doing more highway riding now. The intention was to sell the twister but it's been two months now and I just can't seem let go of it, especially given its pristine condition, only 6k km on it, everything 100% original, even has the original tires. I don't think I'll ever find another like it if I had to let it go.
    Hang on to it!!

Up the Irons!!!
    Born to Ride, Ride to Live!
    No Love Lost, No Love Found!!

The Windsurfer

Bike
    2003 BMW R1150R
    Region
    Outside South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
    Hang on to it!!
    Agree 100%. Mine parked untouched and neglected for over a year when I upgraded, fired up first crank when pressed back in to service and then used it for another year. Eventually sold with 70k trouble free km on the clock when I moved to the UK.