Results 3,321 to 3,331 of 3331

Thread: Twister Owners

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by BloodLeshen View Post
    So I've read you guys used the Osram H4 Cool Blue light bulb? It still a good option? Not sure if you still find the plain Cool Blue however I know there is Cool Blue boost and intense. From what I gather the standard light is a 35/35W - Halogen bulb. So the12 V,60/55 W lights works without problem or did I miss something?

My figo's light bulb needs to be replaced so assumed I could just get the same for the figo if there will be no issues
    If you can find a Osram Coolblue, or even the equivalent from Phillips, they do work well although I am not sure they are worth the extra price, go for it. Stay with 35/35 if you can because the 60/55 might get too hot and cause damage to the reflector inside the headlight. I am not sure that it will, since Twisters are rather robust, but it has happened on other makes of bikes, especially during summer.

If they do pop easily as said in another post, chances are good they are getting too hot since electrically there is no reason for then to blow.

I would also make the amber lens in such a way that you attach it to the headlight by Velcro, i.e. removable for night riding. It is much safer and legal.

Bike
    CBX 250 - Ronin
    Region
    Western Cape

Thanks AMZ. yes i will check maybe I can find a decent 35w bulb for not too much.

Bought heavy duty Velcro. Must stick 24h to reach maximum strength so will check if they work tomorrow because they really stick to each other that I would rather worry about the adhesive ripping of. I had some old sheets of Perspex from my Btech projects so used that. I still need to buy lamin-x the weekend.

Bike
    Honda CBX 250 Twister
    Region
    Eastern Cape

Neat man, think I may try something like that...switch it up a bit

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by BloodLeshen View Post
    Thanks AMZ. yes i will check maybe I can find a decent 35w bulb for not too much.
    Looking great!

Just another point. Don't skimp on a headlight globe. The el-cheapos Ching Chong Cha types just don't handle the vibrations from a bike well.

Bike
    CBX 250 - Ronin
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by frontfeebs View Post
    Neat man, think I may try something like that...switch it up a bit
    Thanks frontfeebs

Quote Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
    Looking great!

Just another point. Don't skimp on a headlight globe. The el-cheapos Ching Chong Cha types just don't handle the vibrations from a bike well.
    Yes I must go check motorcycle-world or some place because thus far I have not found any place that even stock standard 12V35/35W globes. Not even to mention brighter ones.

Bike
    CBX 250 - Ronin
    Region
    Western Cape

So I did add the lamin-X although it seems light orange when it's switched on. Still looks more visible than the standard light I guess. One small mod I also did was to carbon wrap the two side panels. On the black CBX those silver panels really stood out and since it lines up with the tailpiece and tank it made sense to be a darker colour. Also the only small scratch on the bike was on one of these panels.

This was my first attempt at wrapping with vinyl with a hairdryer and my fingers -_-. Was anything but easy and luckily you cannot see the small defects except if you really go look closely. I can always remove it and let it done professionally at someone if I want it 100% in the future.

Nuon Fangirl

Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Looks great!

Lurker
    Bike
    CBX250
    Region
    Gauteng

Any ideas where I can get a replacement instrumentation cluster? Like so:

CBX250.jpg

Bike
    CBX 250 - Ronin
    Region
    Western Cape

From reading this whole thread.. I assume this is one of the first things that break when in an accident. Saw a CBX last weekend also with no cluster casing and only bare clocks. I assume it must be bought at the dealers if you cannot find any at scrapyards :/

Lurker
    Bike
    CBX250
    Region
    Gauteng

Group buy anyone? Just need 12 of you.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...639070e3EmeWmY

Bike
    CBX 250 - Ronin
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by abudabi View Post
    Group buy anyone? Just need 12 of you.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...639070e3EmeWmY
    That's 22-26$ each and must buy 12? so works to around R350 per unit? Actually not bad if you consider plenty of people want them and how much does Honda charge for it?