Page 1 of 667 1231151101501 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 13339

Thread: Halfway Cup'a (Midrand)

  1. #1
    Evil Biker Scum DVader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunnyridge
    Bike
    R1200S
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,075

    Cool All the peeps on the left, all the peeps in Midrand

    Need to know how many of us stay and work in Midrand.
    Looking at setting up a Friday morning coffee run.

    I have to possible venues, but need to know if we have enough peeps in the area.

    What say you.



    Important Notice to Peeps looking for directions etc:
    Edited 01 Nov 2011 (by Brendon)

    Venue is Mr Bonjangles:
    Directions, times etc here: http://ourplace.co.za/halfcup/

    Sourced from above website:
    "Zack, our genial host, is ready from 06:30 every Friday morning with a fresh brew of Java and a scrumptious breakfast especially for you!"
    Last edited by Brendon; 01-11-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Directions etc.
    "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."

  2. #2
    Hardcore Biker Trumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Kyalami
    Bike
    "Black Beauty" Daytona 955i, "MooseBob" CRF230F, "The Project" XL500S
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    7,032

    Default

    Me in Kyalami. So either Midrand or Kopdood is easy.

    BUT

    Children have to go to school which kinda puts an oopsie in the coffee saga for me.
    I was also a strong lad once, long ago........when 2 strokes ruled the world & Texan Plain meant something...........

  3. #3
    Biker Trash Praveshs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midrand, JHB
    Bike
    Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    584

    Default

    yo..

    I'm in midrand.. live in Noordwyk.. work in Glen Austin...

    later...

    ~ PV

  4. #4
    Hooligan Biker Omega2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Centurion, Pretoria
    Bike
    ZX 10
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    354

    Default

    I work in Midrand

  5. #5
    Biker Trash Meths's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Centurion
    Bike
    ER6F, GSXR750
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Vorna Valley

  6. #6
    Hooligan Biker
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sydney - Australia
    Bike
    Honda Hornet 600
    Region
    Outside South Africa
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Also live in Noordwyk

  7. #7
    Evil Biker Scum DVader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunnyridge
    Bike
    R1200S
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Ok I will keep an eye on this thread and see if we get a couple more peeps and then see what can be arranged.

    Thanks for the responses so far.


    "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."

  8. #8
    The Black Man on a Beemer (no more honda) blackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Paulshof. Working in Sunninghill
    Bike
    2wheel motorized thingy
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    14,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DVader View Post
    Ok I will keep an eye on this thread and see if we get a couple more peeps and then see what can be arranged.

    Thanks for the responses so far.


    Kopdood started out with 3 . That have a spin off to jumpstart and kickstart . get a name and start already .
    I am a biker , what is your excuse ???

    " I spent most of my money on Bikes , Booze + Babes , The rest I waisted "

    Live fast, die young and have a good corpse -- James Dean

  9. #9
    Evil Biker Scum DVader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunnyridge
    Bike
    R1200S
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    Kopdood started out with 3 . That have a spin off to jumpstart and kickstart . get a name and start already .
    Sal so maak.

    "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."

  10. #10
    Nuon Fangirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    39,040

    Default

    Work in Midrand.

  11. #11
    Biker Trash Praveshs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midrand, JHB
    Bike
    Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    584

    Default

    * bump *

    ..whatever happened to this idea...

  12. #12
    Evil Biker Scum DVader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunnyridge
    Bike
    R1200S
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Praveshs View Post
    * bump *

    ..whatever happened to this idea...
    Need to re-confirm a venue. The one is a nogo.
    Will chat to the peeps in the week and keep you posted.

    "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."

  13. #13
    Evil Biker Scum Gemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    JHB
    Bike
    BMW F800ST
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    2,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DVader View Post
    Need to re-confirm a venue. The one is a nogo.
    Will chat to the peeps in the week and keep you posted.

    A place close to New Road, pref one that opens at 6:00. Kopdood is busy at 6:00 with non bikers thanks to Think Bikers supporting the venue every Friday and attracting the non bikers.

  14. #14
    Evil Biker Scum DVader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunnyridge
    Bike
    R1200S
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    A place close to New Road, pref one that opens at 6:00. Kopdood is busy at 6:00 with non bikers thanks to Think Bikers supporting the venue every Friday and attracting the non bikers.
    Praveshs, any ideas where we can go.

    "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."

  15. #15
    Biker Trash Praveshs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midrand, JHB
    Bike
    Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    584

    Default

    well.. there are a couple of places..but I dunno if they will be opened at 6:00 or 6:30

    ...so far these come to mind..

    Carlswald Shopping Centre:
    Wimpy
    Mug and Bean
    Cappucino's (sp)
    the Dross (sp) (nothing like a cold one in the morning!)

    Sandridge Shopping Centre:
    News Cafe
    and two other cafes (cant remember the names) ..one next the the Pick 'n Pay and the other next to Woolies

    ...have you found out any info from these places? If not.. I will ask them next time I'm in the area...

    ~ PV

  16. #16
    Evil Biker Scum DVader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sunnyridge
    Bike
    R1200S
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Praveshs View Post
    well.. there are a couple of places..but I dunno if they will be opened at 6:00 or 6:30

    ...so far these come to mind..

    Carlswald Shopping Centre:
    Wimpy
    Mug and Bean
    Cappucino's (sp)
    the Dross (sp) (nothing like a cold one in the morning!)

    Sandridge Shopping Centre:
    News Cafe
    and two other cafes (cant remember the names) ..one next the the Pick 'n Pay and the other next to Woolies

    ...have you found out any info from these places? If not.. I will ask them next time I'm in the area...

    ~ PV
    Please ask around as I don't know if they are open at 6:00 am

    Cheers,
    "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."

  17. #17
    Nuon Fangirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Bike
    BMW R1200GS
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    39,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DVader View Post
    Please ask around as I don't know if they are open at 6:00 am

    Cheers,
    Steers at either the North- or South bound N1 Shell UltraCity, maybe?

  18. #18
    LastMinute.Com Vixen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Bike
    Sassi the 883
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    4,946

    Default

    steers at ultra city is a fab idea, i could meet there on a friday as I live in Midstream Estates and work in Bryanston

  19. #19
    Hardcore Biker Shado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Centurion
    Bike
    Tera & The Bat
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    5,225

    Default

    Live in Centurion and work in Bryanston - ride through Noordwyk to get to work - wont do highway though. Is there no place open in the centre on New road where the Dros is?

  20. #20
    LastMinute.Com Vixen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Bike
    Sassi the 883
    Region
    Western Cape
    Posts
    4,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shado View Post
    Live in Centurion and work in Bryanston - ride through Noordwyk to get to work - wont do highway though. Is there no place open in the centre on New road where the Dros is?
    I think that the coffee shop next to Woolies - I am trying to find their number to call them and find out - but if my memory serves me correctly they open at 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •