Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free State Plan?

Bike
    CBR1000RR "Gloria", BSA Thunderbolt 1967
    Region
    Free State

Default Free State Plan?

So I am ready to move with something here, but don't know where to start :roll I've got stickers and flyers from Amid, so do I just do the bikeshops, get the names of MCC's or what? Then can somebody come and help with presentations & can I get names of TB members in the FS? How many MCC members justify a presentation? I can do Eastern FS up to Welkom but not Bloemfontein - close to 300km away. I was also thinking it could be a good idea to do something BIG in Welkom, since it's the town that robbed TB of Bucc :evil::evil:. My mom stays in Hennenman which is close by, I drive in Welkom regularly with cage and must say the roadside manners are UTS . Maybe the bike fanatics at Phakisa are not the right target market there. I can get MCC names in Harrismith, Bethlehem, Kroonstad, Senekal, Welkom if that will help. What do you think about targeting bike shops in the smaller towns? Imagine TB info can be given to new bike buyers, the guys in small towns often do not belong to MCC's?

"
    LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY; RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING: "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"

The Black Man on a Beemer (no more honda) blackie's Avatar
    Bike
    2wheel motorized thingy
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
    So I am ready to move with something here, but don't know where to start :roll I've got stickers and flyers from Amid, so do I just do the bikeshops, get the names of MCC's or what? Then can somebody come and help with presentations & can I get names of TB members in the FS? How many MCC members justify a presentation? I can do Eastern FS up to Welkom but not Bloemfontein - close to 300km away. I was also thinking it could be a good idea to do something BIG in Welkom, since it's the town that robbed TB of Bucc :evil::evil:. My mom stays in Hennenman which is close by, I drive in Welkom regularly with cage and must say the roadside manners are UTS . Maybe the bike fanatics at Phakisa are not the right target market there. I can get MCC names in Harrismith, Bethlehem, Kroonstad, Senekal, Welkom if that will help. What do you think about targeting bike shops in the smaller towns? Imagine TB info can be given to new bike buyers, the guys in small towns often do not belong to MCC's?
    Start with the bikers and clubs that you know. Get them involved and ten you can take over the whole of freestate. Get one or two disciples and they get one or two and so it just grows exponentially
    I am a biker , what is your excuse ???

" I spent most of my money on Bikes , Booze + Babes , The rest I waisted "

Live fast, die young and have a good corpse -- James Dean

Evil Biker Scum Moderator Cliffrazor's Avatar
    Bike
    Bikeless :(
    Region
    Gauteng

Way to go Mallory

I would also suggest the local bike shops,leave a few pamphlets and stickers with them,but make sure the shop owner leaves them on the counter and not in a drawer where no one can see the stuff

Good luck

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

Our ideal is to do a roadshow to the Free State. Do a TiTTS presentation at one or two schools on a Friday morning, visit the bike shops and then meet with the local MCCs Friday evening at a social function and do a presentation.

If only we did not all have day jobs...
    O Captain! My Captain! ...
    ... But I, with silent tread, Walk the spot my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead.

In loving memory of our Buccaneer: Brian Cannoo 1962 - 2008

Evil Biker Scum Moderator Cliffrazor's Avatar
    Bike
    Bikeless :(
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by BMWfan View Post

Okay then...........your FIRED!!!!!!

Bike
    Suzuki Burgman AN400
    Region
    Western Cape

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffrazor View Post
    Okay then...........your FIRED!!!!!!
    Yeh, and take it like a man .....

Like where are your priorities. Money's not everything!
    Darlene
    One thing I can't recycle is wasted time!

Bike
    Region
    Free State

Quote Originally Posted by BMWfan View Post
    Our ideal is to do a roadshow to the Free State. Do a TiTTS presentation at one or two schools on a Friday morning, visit the bike shops and then meet with the local MCCs Friday evening at a social function and do a presentation.

So BMWtjie, was jy ernstig toe jy gese het ons moet die naweek van 22 Aug diarize vir Vrystaat TiTTS en memorial run vir my hubby doen? Gee my meer inligting oor timeframes vir TiTTS events dan kan ek begin reel. Ek dink Goudveld moet 'n groot target wees, miskien op die Vrydag in Kroonstad of Welkom TiTTS reel? Of sal julle eers Saterdag oggend kan afkom? My hubby se roadside cross in tussen Senekal en Bethlehem, so mens kan van Hennenman / Welkom af daar verby Oos Vrystaat toe ry en dan miskien van die MCC's in Bethlehem doen? En natuurlik 'n groot party vir Saterdag aand .
    Ek gaan hierdie Saterdag Bethlehem se bike shops doen, het mos nou my example bib. Kan 'n bikeshop van ons bibs stock? Koop hulle aan vir die gewone prys of special price? Is daar TB application forms in hard format iewers wat ek kan download dan kan ek dit ook by die shops los? Vrystaat is mos maar stadig en computer technology het nog nie almal hier bereik nie.

"
    LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY; RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING: "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

So BMWtjie, was jy ernstig toe jy gese het ons moet die naweek van 22 Aug diarize vir Vrystaat TiTTS en memorial run vir my hubby doen? Gee my meer inligting oor timeframes vir TiTTS events dan kan ek begin reel. Ek dink Goudveld moet 'n groot target wees, miskien op die Vrydag in Kroonstad of Welkom TiTTS reel? Of sal julle eers Saterdag oggend kan afkom? My hubby se roadside cross in tussen Senekal en Bethlehem, so mens kan van Hennenman / Welkom af daar verby Oos Vrystaat toe ry en dan miskien van die MCC's in Bethlehem doen? En natuurlik 'n groot party vir Saterdag aand .
    Ek gaan hierdie Saterdag Bethlehem se bike shops doen, het mos nou my example bib. Kan 'n bikeshop van ons bibs stock? Koop hulle aan vir die gewone prys of special price? Is daar TB application forms in hard format iewers wat ek kan download dan kan ek dit ook by die shops los? Vrystaat is mos maar stadig en computer technology het nog nie almal hier bereik nie.
    Absolutely!

I think we ride through to Bloemfontein Thursday afternoon, do one or two TiTTS presentations there Friday morning and then ride through to Kestell after lunch.

Stop by the memorial on the way to Bethlehem, see a couple of biker-types there and then head to the Knox residence?
    ... But I, with silent tread, Walk the spot my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead.

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

PING Cronos
    Hy sal jou uitsort met stock vir shops.

Bike
    Region
    Free State

I can drive to Hennenman on Thursday eve, visit ouma & sleep over & maybe meet you at Ventersburg on route from Bloemf. From there Senekal, cross site, Paul Roux, Bethlehem. Just tell me what time I have to arrange for Bethlehem MCC's. You'll need to tell me how many people will be coming down closer to the time. I have 3 bedr avail but can organise some more mattrasses cause the place is huge. There's also B & B and backpackers in Kestell. Clarens is also just around the bend. Thanks, I will pm Cronos about the shop stuff

"

The Black Man on a Beemer (no more honda) blackie's Avatar
    Bike
    2wheel motorized thingy
    Region
    Gauteng

I can drive to Hennenman on Thursday eve, visit ouma & sleep over & maybe meet you at Ventersburg on route from Bloemf. From there Senekal, cross site, Paul Roux, Bethlehem. Just tell me what time I have to arrange for Bethlehem MCC's. You'll need to tell me how many people will be coming down closer to the time. I have 3 bedr avail but can organise some more mattrasses cause the place is huge. There's also B & B and backpackers in Kestell. Clarens is also just around the bend. Thanks, I will pm Cronos about the shop stuff
    Fouriesburg in Is one of my many homes....Heeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaa play time
    I am a biker , what is your excuse ???

" I spent most of my money on Bikes , Booze + Babes , The rest I waisted "

Live fast, die young and have a good corpse -- James Dean

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

I can drive to Hennenman on Thursday eve, visit ouma & sleep over & maybe meet you at Ventersburg on route from Bloemf. From there Senekal, cross site, Paul Roux, Bethlehem. Just tell me what time I have to arrange for Bethlehem MCC's. You'll need to tell me how many people will be coming down closer to the time. I have 3 bedr avail but can organise some more mattrasses cause the place is huge. There's also B & B and backpackers in Kestell. Clarens is also just around the bend.
    It will be shorter from Bfn to Bhm to go via Winburg, so meet us in Senekal.
    Will check with WD on the updated TiTTS presentation and then start arranging times etc.

Bike
    Ducati 1098 * CBR600RR
    Region
    Gauteng

Default schools

Maybe the bike fanatics at Phakisa are not the right target market there
    Don't know
    This weekend Regional racing at Phakisa. Packed to the brim. Better atmosphere than National racing.

Get all the riders to put TB stickers on.(great marketing) Remember these guys spend Loads of money on their racing. A lot of dealers represented.

Potentially a lot of sponsors.

Come and say hi to us :wink:
    The ultimate achievement in Jeet Kune Do is not the wholesale destruction of one's foes but rather the annihilation of things that stand in the way of peace, justice and humanity. www.jkd.co.za

Bike
    A big duallie, please
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by doc rip View Post
    This weekend Regional racing at Phakisa. Packed to the brim. Better atmosphere than National racing.

Get all the riders to put TB stickers on.(great marketing) Remember these guys spend Loads of money on their racing. A lot of dealers represented.

Potentially a lot of sponsors.

Come and say hi to us :wink:
    Now that's not a shabby idea.

Bike
    R1200S
    Region
    Gauteng

I am in. have'nt been in my place for a while.
    All please let me know if I can assist with anything.

Free State Rocks.
    "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."

Bike
    Ducrapi look alike... Aprilia with an oil leak
    Region
    Gauteng

Mallory, I will put you in touch with Mannetjie from the Wild Bunch. He lives in Bloem. He was keen on getting TITTS and TB going in Bloem from March last year... nothing ever came of it. Perhaps you can take it further, what says you? :wink:
    When in doubt, Gas It! It may not solve the problem, but it WILL end the suspense!

Bike
    Region
    Free State

Quote Originally Posted by DaCat View Post
    Mallory, I will put you in touch with Mannetjie from the Wild Bunch. He lives in Bloem. He was keen on getting TITTS and TB going in Bloem from March last year... nothing ever came of it. Perhaps you can take it further, what says you? :wink:
    Thanks Catman. I first want to see how I can rev things up here in the Eastern suburbs and then move to Goldfields. Bloem will be last stop, because it's faaaaaar away - About 300km from me - same for me as doin TB in Jozie; then I'd rather move into Kwazulu Ladysmith & Midlands. But I would like his details anyway - Perhaps he knows about MCC's in Wellkom / Goldfields - I often go there for weekends and it's not so far from Bloem; perhaps he'll be prepared to come and help me there one weekend. BMW'tjie still promised to organise me a list of TB members in the Free State? Still waiting for that spietkop bike to appear

"

Bike
    Ducrapi look alike... Aprilia with an oil leak
    Region
    Gauteng

:up: Cool, whatever works for you. You know you have our full support
    When in doubt, Gas It! It may not solve the problem, but it WILL end the suspense!

Bike
    Tera & The Bat
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    Start with the bikers and clubs that you know. Get them involved and ten you can take over the whole of freestate. Get one or two disciples and they get one or two and so it just grows exponentially
    What Blackie said... and yell if you need any advise.

And when you have your army in place then arrange a big one and I am sure some of the guys here will love to join you for the day.

Bike
    Region
    Free State

So this morning I drive to work from Kestell to Qwa Qwa. Thick mist all the way. As I'm coming into Qwa Qwa I notice bright yellow on the bumper up ahead and there it was - The first TB bumper sticker in this area I ever had the privilege to see! It was on a white Colt bakkie with FS number plates. The black driver is highly likely not a biker, but I was thrilled . You folks in Gauteng's used to seeing stickers everywhere but this is a rare sight for me. My husband's biker buddy Jacques owns one of the Kestell bottle stores which is also clubhouse and I have given him some stickers and pamphlets. I suspect the bakkie belongs to one of his customers. So probably this guy will not become a TB member but at least he is spreading the message in a visible way - Lotsa taxis in this area too. Locals in this area generally poor and not used to freebies so a free bumper sticker is a prized item. Very few local bikers in Qwa Qwa, mostly on scoots with no ATTGATT. There was this one guy who worked with me who bought a Suzi GSXR1000 or something; he came to me after my husband's passing and asked if I don't have old ATTGATT he can buy. I gave him some old gloves but unfortunately did not have a second jacket. He just had a helmet and was already travelling the 75km from Bethlehem to Qwa Qwa on a daily basis with the bike. Strange how people can spend alot on a bike and then not willing to spend on safety gear. What's the possibility of doing a display that's similar to the one in Nortwest on Saturday 23 Aug somewhere at a central point in this area? The general road users and public here needs to be educated with the bikers.

"