Thread: Zwartkops Track Day - 21 March!!!

Bike
    Billy-Bob & Tonto
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Zwartkops Track Day - 21 March!!!

Some of us attended the Honda Zwartkops track day (...as we don't all have sakke-vol-tjeld OF some of those wonderful trees that grows the leaves with numbers on them) :roll:

Must say that is was NOT as busy as normal & we had a GREAT day! I tested my lap-timer for the first time even though I don't think I ever got it switched on... ops: ops: ops:

I have to say it really makes me proud to see sooooooooooo many chicks these days on the track. In the A class of 12 peeps - 4 were chicks! I counted 8 chickens in the D class!!! These biker-chicks are pulling up in numbers & making these days soooooo much more interesting to come watch!!!

I'm also amazed at how many peeps (...that doesn't bike) come to these days to sit on the walletjies & watch. They bring a picnic basket & spend the day next to the track - just watching... Amazing!!!

We had 3 accidents - ALL IN THE B CLASS!!! This re-iterates my opinion about most of the riders in B class (...& this I can confirm from other tracks & track days as well). You sit with a bunch of okes (...& okettes ;) ) that have ALL the money in the world to buy a whole bike shop ? viro-slot & all! They span-uit at the track maybe once... MAYBE twice a month? mostly to come show off their toys (...& all 863 000 gadgets that goes along with it). They are not professional OR regular riders thus they do not feel at home in the A class but... they feel they have to show the world the capabilities of the bike - that unfortunately does NOT match the capabilities of the rider... GUYS!!! Even though you might have the best bike at the track (...with the best tyre-warmers, paddock stands, fans for your helmets, crew gloves, etc.) - doesn't mean you're too old to learn!!! Slow down, maybe even drop a class down, come to the track more often - AND ask for advice!!! Then you're boney would not be in 20 million pieces - some of them still lying on corner 1, 3 & 5...

Billy-Bob has a hole in his exhaust & lacking the power to run with the beeg bottles - I decided to drop a class... Unfortunately I?m used to being able to over-take (...& BE over taken) in the corners ?& toe gooi die oom vir my so 'n donker vlaggie... ops: I think it's all the confidence I needed to get back in the A class & kick butt. My last two sessions was a BLAST!!!

Kitty took her Buell out on the track for the first time (...& the first time after her smash-&-gras-&-hare-&-snot at Phakisa. She was very nervous but after we all decided it was suppose to be a FUN day - she took it very easy & gave us the queen's wave at every pit straight

Jimis started out-breaking the guys in B-class (...under the instruction from TheThin0ne ops: ) & nearly got black-flagged himself. He?s got some awesome pics of the day ? please post!!!

Crome did his first track day - & thoroughly enjoyed it. I've never seen someone smile soooooooooooo much!!!

I know she's not on the forum anymore... but Bonzai & Busboy was there too. She's really looking comfy on her bike & I'm sure she'll move up to the next class SOON! You go girl!!!

Dankie julle - net wat ek nodig gehad het! Om 'n track day te GENIET!!!

Bike
    "Black Beauty" Daytona 955i, "MooseBob" CRF230F, "The Project" XL500S
    Region
    Gauteng

Default Re: Zwartkops Track Day - 21 March!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny
    We had 3 accidents - ALL IN THE B CLASS!!! This re-iterates my opinion about most of the riders in B class (...& this I can confirm from other tracks & track days as well). You sit with a bunch of okes (...& okettes ;) ) that have ALL the money in the world to buy a whole bike shop ? viro-slot & all! They span-uit at the track maybe once... MAYBE twice a month? mostly to come show off their toys (...& all 863 000 gadgets that goes along with it). They are not professional OR regular riders thus they do not feel at home in the A class but... they feel they have to show the world the capabilities of the bike - that unfortunately does NOT match the capabilities of the rider... GUYS!!! Even though you might have the best bike at the track (...with the best tyre-warmers, paddock stands, fans for your helmets, crew gloves, etc.) - doesn't mean you're too old to learn!!! Slow down, maybe even drop a class down, come to the track more often - AND ask for advice!!! Then you're boney would not be in 20 million pieces - some of them still lying on corner 1, 3 & 5...
    Couldn't agree more. I don't have all the gadgets & doofie dabs, don't believe they're necessary until A-Class or competitive level.... When I got back into riding I did track days at Kyalami & Zwartkops - spent 8 or 9 days in the slow groups, went to every classroom session even though I'd heard it before - repetition makes things stick in the old noggin.

Moved up to B group at the beginning of the year & been having a blast, but EVERY time I go I make sure to get at least one session with dedicated instruction so that I can improve & learn more, I've always found the instructors to be a great bunch of guys & gals (yes, there are gals that instruct too!!) and are always willing to help. When I went to Phakisa last month I entered into the slow group - didn't know the track & certainly didn't want to be a hero... I'm self employed, so if I get injured & can't work I also can't earn, now that's enough of a reality check to keep me sane!

On the same theme, at Kyalami yesterday 2 out of my 5 intermediate group sessions were wasted because of red flags, max 3 laps in each session. What a waste!
    I was also a strong lad once, long ago........when 2 strokes ruled the world & Texan Plain meant something...........

Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng

Trumpet then you were in the wrong intermediate class - I did five sessions without any flags (except for a blue one ops: ) ... I was so tired I was hoping for a flag....any flag

Skinny it is true what you say about the B class at the big Z. I feel much safer in A - at least most of the people know what they are doing and don't ride funny lines.........
    Dunslop lover....

Bike
    Tiger 800XC
    Region
    Gauteng

OK, some pics of the day.
    Been playing with a new camera setup and even if I say so myself, some of the pics came out very nicely.

Kitty, first time on the Z with her Buell. She could teach the queen a trick or two on waving at speed. Not the best pic, but i got better as the day progressed.

Me giving the Buell a ear twisting

Some nice one's of the ThinOne

another

and another

THE end!!!

And then two anon riders, but the pics were awesome

Don't follow me, you won't make it

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    Region
    Gauteng

Wow nice pics!
    Looks like an excellent day.
    Thanx for the post Skinny - nou't ek sommit 'n klomp goet geleer...
    https://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i..._00/Bucc-1.jpg

I think sex is better than logic, but I can't prove it just yet...

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Region
    Gauteng

WFT Skinny??? Is that bare skin I see between your gloves and jacket?

Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng

The last two are ZX10 cup guys - #53 is Danie from Race Prep. Not too sure who the red bike is...
    Dunslop lover....

Bike
    RVF 400
    Region
    Western Cape

Lol @ Tifosi, awsome pics Chippie, wow, and nice riding all round, very impressive. I wish we had as many tracks and track days as you guys SKINNY!!!!! That bike is Pinker than ever before, holy **** balls

Bike
    Kawasaki ER-6f *BOOYAKASHA*
    Region
    Gauteng

Quick question... I think I might be learning bad habits.

I notice you guys get yer **** off the bike and keep your bodies more or less perpendicular to the ground... I've been leaning off the bike. **** still on the seat and helmet around about over the bar end... It feels really comfy and I think I'm cornering quickly. I went round a fast corner the other night though, took it quicker than normal. I managed to scrape my boot, not sure if my foot was squarely on the peg though. Any suggestions?
    Just wanna ride!
    Just gotta ride!

JUST GUNNA RIDE!!!

Bike
    Tiger 800XC
    Region
    Gauteng

Gunna man....

The **** off is to try and keep the bike more upright, ie altering the CG of the bike. If you were to keep your butt in the seat you would have to be bringing the bike lower to get the corner right. However, i have ridden behind guys that don't take their butt's off at all and they are somtimes faster through the corner.

The only thing in my understanding you want to keep perpendicular to the tarmac is your pip, this you can see from the shot's above.

You know, at the end of the day there are a few golden rules, but you say you are comfy and i think that is one of the first one's, well for me it is anyway. I am no pro, so don't take what i am saying as good advice dude. The Buell is very forgiving, specially through the corners, so maybe that is what is clouding my corner tactics.
    Don't follow me, you won't make it

Bike
    Kawasaki ER-6f *BOOYAKASHA*
    Region
    Gauteng

I was just wondering if my method of getting the CofG changed had any detrimental implications to cornering. I keep the bike loose under me and feel very confident in corners. Methinks it's time to get some track time in to hone the skills or figure what I need to change.

Naturally my pip is perpendicular! Silly billy ;)

Would love to meet up with you guys for a track day some time... didn't know this one was on
    Just wanna ride!
    Just gotta ride!

JUST GUNNA RIDE!!!

Bike
    Billy-Bob & Tonto
    Region
    Gauteng

There's another one this Sunday?!?!?