Thread: How to interpret your policy schedule

Bike
    Ural, F800GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Default How to interpret your policy schedule

Well the easy answer is any way you want. I eventually got my schedule after joining my new bike insurance for bikers by bikers in July. I decided to do what I don't normally do - read the policy document. This is what I found:

1) my policy states that the policy won't pay out if I have any 'modification or alterations' on that they have not been notified. Other policies will just not pay out the modification or alteration if it is not specified.

2) I have no fire cover. Oh yes apparently I have but only if the bike burns during a crash. Any other fire is for your own account. Why? Because some bikes have carburators stupid!!

3) Should my foot slip while I'm loading or off loading my bike from a trailer they won't pay. Clumsy you

4) Should my front forks bent when I hit a pothole on a public road they won't pay. Reason - some people wheely their bikes! They will however pay if I fall after hitting the pothole so I must remember not to try and stay upright :roll:

Wat my meer pla as al die exclusions is dat hierdie goed nie so in die policy staan nie. Jy moet self interpret wat 'modification and alterations' beteken, jy moet self uitvind dat jou bike nie gecover is as hy vir die een of ander weird rede uitbrand terwyl jy in die pud sit nie ens...
    Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Bike
    Penny Farthing + Z 1000 2010
    Region
    Gauteng

Default iNSURANCE

Ja nee kyk dis een helse probleem met assuransie ek wonder of T B NIE VIR ONS MEER KAN UITKYK VIR BETER PAKKETTE NIE want 'n ou verloor net eenvoudig maar mens kannie sonder assuransie nie.

Bike
    Ural, F800GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Insurance is en sal nooit `n wen/wen wees nie. Dis `n pay/screw. You pay and they screw.

Wat my pla is nie die exclusions nie. Dis hulle voorreg om te exclude wat hulle wil en joune om dit te aanvaar of te decline. Wat my de moer in maak is die dokument wat so dubbelsinnig is en as jy dit query se hulle 'nee dis wat ons bedoel'. Se dan wat jy bedoel. Moenie slaggate vir mense stel en hoop hulle trap daarin nie. Sulke dinge is on-eties en as ek tyd gehad het sou ek dit verder gevat het maar dis makliker vir my om maar net ander insurance te soek en aan te beweeg

Bike
    Ducrapi look alike... Aprilia with an oil leak
    Region
    Gauteng

... funny enough, last time I had a discussion with my broker, I told them to write down what they do cover on an A5 page, cos it should all fit there... that way they could save a lot of trees as well :evil: :roll:
    When in doubt, Gas It! It may not solve the problem, but it WILL end the suspense!

Bike
    4x4 Trok x2 !
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by DaCat
    ... funny enough, last time I had a discussion with my broker, I told them to write down what they do cover on an A5 page, cos it should all fit there... that way they could save a lot of trees as well :evil: :roll:
    I did not know you were a nature lover DaCat
    Why because I can

Bike
    Ducrapi look alike... Aprilia with an oil leak
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Pype
    Quote Originally Posted by DaCat
    I did not know you were a nature lover DaCat
    It's my universal urinal, so yes, I have a particular affection for it ;)

... actually, it would just save me from reading a lot of waffle that I couldn't be bothered to try and understand :roll:
    When in doubt, Gas It! It may not solve the problem, but it WILL end the suspense!

Bike
    Kawa KLE500
    Region

A friend of mine screwed them (legally) once. His policy stated that he had only R200 excess on any glass replacements, as apposed to R1500 for anythine else. He happened to drive an Audi with very expensive glass headlights. They had to pay. He got a change in the schedule immediately after that.
    We've progressed so far, that community service is considered punishment these days...

Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng

Chucky I reckon you and I must have the same broker, but I only got my schedule yesterday having also been insired since July :evil:

I have also just noticed that the Honda Fun Track days are not covered and that only certain schools are included - namely the expensive ones!

I am also paying a premium for my slip on exhaust, although I am pretty sure a standard exhaust for my Zook is a lot more expensive than my Yoshi slip on! I know for sure my Beemers Remus silencer is one hell of a lot cheaper than a BM pipe :evil:

What happens if your house burns down with the bikes in the garage? No cover? I most certainly hope not!
    Dunslop lover....

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by dave31
    What happens if your house burns down with the bikes in the garage? No cover? I most certainly hope not!
    Vehicles are not covered under your house policy (or cars for that matter but who cares about cars right?), so if the bike policy states no fires, then you're not covered. Isn't the Bikersure policy a "comprehensive" policy?

Bike
    Ural, F800GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Below the explanation I got regarding the fire. Funny ne! This is exactly why we have insurance. For if my bike falls over and starts burning. What the hell am I missing. My question (below) regarding the comprehensive cover was not answered.

Baie oens ry met oop carburetors op die ouer bikes wat nie injection het nie, so as daai bike selfs van die stand omval en die engine is warm sal die bike aan die brand slaan vanwee oop carburetor, ons verwys direk daarna, as jy ry en jou bike slaan aan die brand vanwee elektriese of meganiese probleme , of vanwee ?n botsing sal ons moet betaal of bike herstel.

Where does the comprehensive cover kick in beside in the monthly installment?

Bike
    Ural, F800GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Chucky I reckon you and I must have the same broker, but I only got my schedule yesterday having also been insired since July :evil:
    Dave, do you also find that there are a lot of things in the document left open to interpretation?

Bonzai

Well then...Try Quicksure. It's been more than 3 months after I wrote Bling-Bling off, and everytime I phone to ask when are they collecting the bike or when are the going to pay out, they tell me: "Ma'am, we are busy with our processes. Please be patient."

WTF? :roll:

Evil Biker Scum
    Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Region
    Gauteng

You gotta be joking! 3 months? Glad I'm not with them I'd have torched their premises by now.

Bike
    Ural, F800GS
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai
    Well then...Try Quicksure. It's been more than 3 months after I wrote Bling-Bling off, and everytime I phone to ask when are they collecting the bike or when are the going to pay out, they tell me: "Ma'am, we are busy with our processes. Please be patient."

WTF? :roll:
    QUICKsure How quick do you want to go? Somebody should sue people that use words like this.

Bike
    Nothing for now..
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky
    Dave, do you also find that there are a lot of things in the document left open to interpretation?
    yes very much so - I am NOT impressed :evil:
    Dunslop lover....