Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 181 to 197 of 197

Thread: Photos needed - Bike Accidents (Not for sensitive viewers)

  1. #181
    Evil Biker Scum Ruff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Stevenage, London
    Bike
    Nothing at the moment
    Region
    Outside South Africa
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    This link has a short 10 second video clip of a guy in the emergency room after a suposid bike accident. Warning, don't open it if you have a week stomach.

    http://bit.ly/y7AGlD
    __________________________
    IF YOU GONNA BE DUMB - THEN YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH !!
    Gedult is 'n Stadige Manier om Jou Moer te Strip !!

  2. #182
    Evil Biker Scum acks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Durban
    Bike
    Suzuki GSXR750 SRAD, Honda VTR1000 Firestorm, Honda CBR600 F4, Suzuki GSXR400 GK76
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Ruff.......

    I got a pretty strong stomach, and that vision will sit with me for a while.......
    https://forum.thinkbike.co.za/signaturepics/sigpic3339_4.gif

    Find us at https://underdogz.freeforums.org , and stay in contact with us

  3. #183
    Evil Biker Scum Ruff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Stevenage, London
    Bike
    Nothing at the moment
    Region
    Outside South Africa
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    It is hectic, but thats is unfortunatly the kind of thing that will make someone think twice about not using gear.


    Quote Originally Posted by acks View Post
    Ruff.......

    I got a pretty strong stomach, and that vision will sit with me for a while.......
    __________________________
    IF YOU GONNA BE DUMB - THEN YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH !!
    Gedult is 'n Stadige Manier om Jou Moer te Strip !!

  4. #184
    Evil Biker Scum acks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Durban
    Bike
    Suzuki GSXR750 SRAD, Honda VTR1000 Firestorm, Honda CBR600 F4, Suzuki GSXR400 GK76
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Honestly though, Yes as important as ATGATT is, unfortunately for some its not always possible.
    https://forum.thinkbike.co.za/signaturepics/sigpic3339_4.gif

    Find us at https://underdogz.freeforums.org , and stay in contact with us

  5. #185
    Evil Biker Scum Ruff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Stevenage, London
    Bike
    Nothing at the moment
    Region
    Outside South Africa
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Well if you have a bike, you should at least have a helmet. But then again it also depends on what country you from and the laws that they have, and what you have grown up with.
    __________________________
    IF YOU GONNA BE DUMB - THEN YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH !!
    Gedult is 'n Stadige Manier om Jou Moer te Strip !!

  6. #186
    Evil Biker Scum acks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Durban
    Bike
    Suzuki GSXR750 SRAD, Honda VTR1000 Firestorm, Honda CBR600 F4, Suzuki GSXR400 GK76
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Helmet agreed, infact, all gear SHOULD be a minimal, but realistically, in countries like india - how accessible are helmets, let alone everything else.
    https://forum.thinkbike.co.za/signaturepics/sigpic3339_4.gif

    Find us at https://underdogz.freeforums.org , and stay in contact with us

  7. #187
    Piglet. Dgener8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Edenglen
    Bike
    Tiger Triumph 1050
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acks View Post
    Helmet agreed, infact, all gear SHOULD be a minimal, but realistically, in countries like india - how accessible are helmets, let alone everything else.
    ALL is VERY accessible and a LOT cheaper than here in SA, believe it or not
    I am what I am.
    If you don't like me,
    Turn your head and Walk Away.
    SIMPLE AS THAT!!!

  8. #188
    Evil Biker Scum acks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Durban
    Bike
    Suzuki GSXR750 SRAD, Honda VTR1000 Firestorm, Honda CBR600 F4, Suzuki GSXR400 GK76
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgener8 View Post
    ALL is VERY accessible and a LOT cheaper than here in SA, believe it or not
    So they just choose not to wear them......then they are in MAJOR need of safety education there........
    https://forum.thinkbike.co.za/signaturepics/sigpic3339_4.gif

    Find us at https://underdogz.freeforums.org , and stay in contact with us

  9. #189
    Piglet. Dgener8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Edenglen
    Bike
    Tiger Triumph 1050
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    I DO have to say that the intention of this thread has been lost!

    This thread is not for showing the goriest deaths and such. The intention of this thread is to show injuries that ATTGAT would have in, all likelyhood, have prevented, and to be used, as a tool to show people the dangers of NOT wearing ATTGAT. The showing of a "shredded body" is not conducive to teaching people about the safety aspects of ATTGAT!

    I would like the moderators to edit this thread and remove all the "gory" stuff please!
    I am what I am.
    If you don't like me,
    Turn your head and Walk Away.
    SIMPLE AS THAT!!!

  10. #190
    Evil Biker Scum acks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Durban
    Bike
    Suzuki GSXR750 SRAD, Honda VTR1000 Firestorm, Honda CBR600 F4, Suzuki GSXR400 GK76
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    I say leave it, If you fall without atgatt, its not all sunshine and rainbows I assure you.

    Iv come off with no gear, one would say my chest was rather shreaded, shoulder blade sticking out, hole through my knee, that is classified as gory, atgatt wouldnt have stopped the hole in the knee, but it sure as heck would have made the hurt a bit less.
    (Iv been in Hospital 3 or 4 times, honestly cant really remember. I dont remember the day I got hit by a security van, i just really remember not having a bike.) Proper gear, maybe even a better helmet might have stopped me having to live with constant headaches......

    The intention has not been lost, its still there, some people just need a gory visual for the shock to set in. Its the only way to get through some peoples thick skulls.

    We need more shock advertising out there......this, " oh no dont show them that its too real " bull kark is only hiding the truth and reality from the public.
    We live in a world that is too sensored ( Obviously not where children can see it )

    RANDOM IDEA, just thought of it Place gory adverts in Adult magazines.....children should not be looking at these.....and they will def make an impact :P
    "Ohhh, Pretty lady, "Flips Page" OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! ARRRRRG" HEHEHEHEHEHE :P
    https://forum.thinkbike.co.za/signaturepics/sigpic3339_4.gif

    Find us at https://underdogz.freeforums.org , and stay in contact with us

  11. #191
    Evil Biker Scum Ruff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Stevenage, London
    Bike
    Nothing at the moment
    Region
    Outside South Africa
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    If someone could remove my post #181 , i can't seem to find the edit button. I appologise for offending anyone. I mis-understood what this thread is about. I wasn't trying to show gory stuff for the sake of it being gross, but to show what could happen when you don't wear a helmet. I thought the warning on the thread and the one in my post gave enough warning. Sorry.
    __________________________
    IF YOU GONNA BE DUMB - THEN YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH !!
    Gedult is 'n Stadige Manier om Jou Moer te Strip !!

  12. #192
    Evil Biker Scum acks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Durban
    Bike
    Suzuki GSXR750 SRAD, Honda VTR1000 Firestorm, Honda CBR600 F4, Suzuki GSXR400 GK76
    Region
    KwaZulu-Natal
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    If someone could remove my post #181 , i can't seem to find the edit button. I appologise for offending anyone. I mis-understood what this thread is about. I wasn't trying to show gory stuff for the sake of it being gross, but to show what could happen when you don't wear a helmet. I thought the warning on the thread and the one in my post gave enough warning. Sorry.
    ERM.....but if this kid wore a helmet, the outcome would have been different.....therefore I say, it fits the cause.
    Photos needed - Bike Accidents (Not for sensitive viewers) The title says it all

    Im pretty sure there are enough picture here, the not so gory ones, that can be used for educational purposes Its just a matter of going through and choosing the most appropriate
    https://forum.thinkbike.co.za/signaturepics/sigpic3339_4.gif

    Find us at https://underdogz.freeforums.org , and stay in contact with us

  13. #193
    Piglet. Dgener8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Edenglen
    Bike
    Tiger Triumph 1050
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Fair enough....
    I am what I am.
    If you don't like me,
    Turn your head and Walk Away.
    SIMPLE AS THAT!!!

  14. #194
    Twister Tweaker Cronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sundowner
    Bike
    Ruby - Honda CBX (on loan to a friend) & Ruin - NC750XDCT -Automatic
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    4,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgener8 View Post
    I DO have to say that the intention of this thread has been lost!

    This thread is not for showing the goriest deaths and such. The intention of this thread is to show injuries that ATTGAT would have in, all likelyhood, have prevented, and to be used, as a tool to show people the dangers of NOT wearing ATTGAT. The showing of a "shredded body" is not conducive to teaching people about the safety aspects of ATTGAT!

    I would like the moderators to edit this thread and remove all the "gory" stuff please!
    Sorry, but I respectfuly say you are wrong. This thread was created to SHOCK and to realy show what it means to wear ATGATT. Back in the day when I joined TB, This was the one thread that made me sit up and take note. It SHOCKED me into going out and getting kit. I had a off last year, not major, but if I had no kit on, I shudder to think what I would have looked like. If my kit was anything to go by, I would have had a few weeks in recovery as supposed to the few days it took. Personaly I believe this thread serves a purpose and should not be suger coated. When you come off with no kit or the wrong kit, you are going to bleed.

    Up the Irons!!!
    Born to Ride, Ride to Live!
    No Love Lost, No Love Found!!

  15. #195
    Piglet. Dgener8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Edenglen
    Bike
    Tiger Triumph 1050
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
    Sorry, but I respectfuly say you are wrong. This thread was created to SHOCK and to realy show what it means to wear ATGATT. Back in the day when I joined TB, This was the one thread that made me sit up and take note. It SHOCKED me into going out and getting kit. I had a off last year, not major, but if I had no kit on, I shudder to think what I would have looked like. If my kit was anything to go by, I would have had a few weeks in recovery as supposed to the few days it took. Personaly I believe this thread serves a purpose and should not be suger coated. When you come off with no kit or the wrong kit, you are going to bleed.
    I agree, but WHAT is the sense of showing graphic pics of accidents where ATTGAT would have NOT saved the rider ANY way?
    I am what I am.
    If you don't like me,
    Turn your head and Walk Away.
    SIMPLE AS THAT!!!

  16. #196
    Twister Tweaker Cronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sundowner
    Bike
    Ruby - Honda CBX (on loan to a friend) & Ruin - NC750XDCT -Automatic
    Region
    Gauteng
    Posts
    4,703

    Default

    Where there is death involved, I agree.

    Up the Irons!!!
    Born to Ride, Ride to Live!
    No Love Lost, No Love Found!!

  17. #197
    Evil Biker Scum
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    State of Sexual Transition because Brendon loves me
    Bike
    Vuka EL90 Monster Hog
    Region
    Northern Cape
    Posts
    4,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    This link has a short 10 second video clip of a guy in the emergency room after a suposid bike accident. Warning, don't open it if you have a week stomach.

    http://bit.ly/y7AGlD
    Hmm, gave me a serious hard on did that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •