Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos needed - ATGATT (Not for sensitive viewers)

Bike
    Kawasaki ER-6f *BOOYAKASHA*
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Special
    Sheeit, anyone want to buy a BM
    Nee man... koop net 'n gooie broek!!!

By the by... my toenail has finnaly grown back!
    Just wanna ride!
    Just gotta ride!

JUST GUNNA RIDE!!!

Bike
    Suzuki 600 Bandit
    Region
    Outside South Africa

Came off my 7-year-old daughter's battery-powered scooter at about 20km/h. I wasn't wearing a helmet
    Just proves what I have said before . . . 100 metres or 100 kms its just as bad!!! Hope you are all mended now.
    Don't take life so seriously . . . . you'll never get out of it alive!

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA LC
    Region
    Western Cape

Oom Bob... I was at your Blood Run in Witbank - on the 'Bumble Bee' (em vee)... with James and his 'girls'...

I's all mended now thanks.
    Everybody crashes.
    Some get back on and ride again.
    Some don't.
    Some can't.

Bike
    1200GS Adventure, S1000RR
    Region
    Western Cape

I really need to question what you want to show these kids??

While the really gruesome pics tell a story, in most of these instances ie bike head on, crashing into a truck etc ATGATT would not have saved the rider at all!!

I think the pics of the roasties, guy with open faced helmet etc are more of what should be shown.

You don't want to frighten the kids off motorcycle riding, but want to warn them what could happen should they fall and are not wearing the right clothing.

Bike
    K7
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Test Pilot
    Now to all the negative people out there, please leave this thread alone ?
    The intention is not to scare kids off biking, but to EDUCATE them... along with their PARENTS...
    Now im negative because majority of those pics have very little to do with protective gear :roll: I am concerned that by showing those and then claiming ATGATT you MIGHT give kids false hope that they can now speed and be reckless since ATGATT will save them

Noble idea...good concept and best of luck. Please just tell the little brats that ATGATT only limits the damage.

Ok will now leave your thread alone.

Cheers
    I intend leaving this world the same way I came into it.........Screaming and Covered in BLOOD

Evil Biker Scum
    State of Sexual Transition because Brendon loves me
    Bike
    Vuka EL90 Monster Hog
    Region
    Northern Cape

Quote Originally Posted by gonedown
    I really need to question what you want to show these kids??

While the really gruesome pics tell a story, in most of these instances ie bike head on, crashing into a truck etc ATGATT would not have saved the rider at all!!

I think the pics of the roasties, guy with open faced helmet etc are more of what should be shown.

You don't want to frighten the kids off motorcycle riding, but want to warn them what could happen should they fall and are not wearing the right clothing.
    100%

extensively in my pants; sometimes in your mom's
    Bike
    caged
    Region
    Gauteng

the nasty pics will show kids not to drive recklessly and the more of a fright they get the better and the roasties will show why you should wear gear. If you just show them ****y images then they won't fear biking in the least!! I almost lost my leg AND LIFE cause i was wearing jeans but my upper body was fine besides a few broken bones due to the fact that i was wearing leather and gloves and a very good helmet. So the more gruesome the better, if the kids are truly passionate about bikes nothing will stop them riding but at least we can weed out the 1's who want a bike cause it's "cool" or "cheaper"... The more shocking and explicit the better i say. FIXED

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA LC
    Region
    Western Cape

mprins - I don't see your photo submissions, nor do I see you putting your hand up and saying "What can I do to assist?"

Thanks for the help boet !
    Everybody crashes.
    Some don't.
    Some can't.

Bike
    ZX14 & 883 Sportster Custom
    Region
    Gauteng

My arm, after I came of a offroad without gear... ops:

It's not the small that gets eaten by the big
    It's the slow that gets eaten by the fast

www.soundslave.co.za

Bike
    K7
    Region
    Gauteng

Quote Originally Posted by SlaSh007
    Oh **** of the lot of you!! the nasty pics will show kids not to drive recklessly and the more of a fright they get the better and the roasties will show why you should wear gear. If you just show them ****y images then they won't fear biking in the least!!
    You **** off !!! Go impress your girlfriends with your tough talk not me!!
    I never said we should not show them images...said lets show the ones where gear would have made a difference. Some of those accidents and lots others which i have seen ...NOTHING would have helped...I remember the one of the guy that fell at over 200...with arai helmet, boots and what looked liked Alpinestar leathers...he did not even hit anything and was in several pieces...point is use stuff that they can relate to ....like no gloves short pants or jeans and what that looks like at 40kmh....Think Tony posted those ones of womans hand that fell off at low speed a couple months back.

Get off your high horse. When you land up under a truck and survive, come talk to me. I almost lost my leg cause i was wearing jeans but my upper body was fine due to the fact that i was wearing leather and gloves and a very good helmet
    Been there done that.. Had all my kit on BUT was luck not the kit that saved my life....if i hit hilux head on I would have been ****ED despite wearing 3 cows worth of leather.

So until you can get as much done as crash has, take a back seat and watch the rest of us get things done
    Some of us are TRYING to give constructive input but since you Godlike creatures obviously have everything under control please go ahead..since you handfull obviously represent the views of the entire world and can do without us.
    I intend leaving this world the same way I came into it.........Screaming and Covered in BLOOD

Bike
    K7
    Region
    Gauteng

mprins - I don't see your photo submissions, nor do I see you putting your hand up and saying "What can I do to assist?"
    I dont need to put my hand up since YOU obviously have everything covered.

Get your facts right about me and my involvement before you make snotty comments.

Thanks for the help boet !
    Pleasure boet !!

Bike
    I have a picture of one
    Region
    Western Cape

...............<-------this is me not getting involved
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Bike
    BMW R1200GSA LC
    Region
    Western Cape

It really hurts to see good intentions being shot down so often...
    Generalising, but usually by those who don't make a concerted EFFORT - yes it is an EFFORT - to support this campaign with NO PERSONAL GAIN in mind.
    It's a pointless exercise to start debating individuals involvement - that makes it personal...
    But the point here - albeit over-eagerly expressed - is that the efforts of a few individuals (which are now seen as 'God like' ?????) are being put in such a negative light !

Why bother ?
    Yes, there are a handful of individuals who DO get involved... but they (we) DEFINATELLY don't have it covered - which is why the committee have started various threads and are BEGGING for support.
    Why is it that so many people can sit on this forum talking **** in the pub/ workshop etc. all day long, but when you go to the THINK BIKE sections, there is so little activity ???

Please get involved ???
    Everybody crashes.
    Some don't.
    Some can't.

extensively in my pants; sometimes in your mom's
    Bike
    caged
    Region
    Gauteng

i withdraw said comment, and apologise to the committee... Passion will be reserved to on the road and not in the forum fixed

Bike
    K7
    Region
    Gauteng

Crash,

No need to be negative dude.....you are doing good work and we habe acknowledged that on more than one occasion. Please read where we said thanks to you bucc skinny one and strawbs for the great work with meeting Arrive Alive.

What ****es me off is that when other members ( not active committe members ) try and give constructive input it is perceived as criticism and we are flamed. If you dont agree with our input just say so.

About me getting involved on ground level - I have been involved with TB on ground level since BEFORE you knew about TB. Left for Personal reasons. Ask Bucc as im not posting it here to avoid threats of being banned again.

Keep up your good work oh Godlike one!! ;)

Bike
    K7
    Region
    Gauteng

As i said in another thread.... Fighting online is like running in the special Olympics, Even if you win... You're still a retard!
    You must have a huge collection of Olympic medals by now. We are debating like mature individuals untill little **** stirrers lilke you come and start swearing at people.

You are a critic sir and because of that prefer to point fingers at others acievements than to try and get involved at ground level.
    Just proves you dont know **** despite what the little voices in your head tells you.

dixie

Default Re: Photos needed - ATGATT (Not for sensitive viewers)

We need submissions for the 'take it to the schools' posters & presentations...

Please post all your ATGATT-related photos with a brief war story ?
    This was the original brief for this thread - ATGATT related.

Bike
    Buell XB12S
    Region
    Outside South Africa

mprins is giving CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, he is not bashing the idea

It amazes me that some people cannot take any criticism at all, the solution? Start the personal attacks

You rock

MaDhAtTeR!

Knock, knock - Excuse me....I don't want to get involved in your personal debates but do you think you could take this off line or somewhere else......

Now can we see the pics ?
    I don't have any but my daugther needs to sit up and smell the roses when she gets on her bike and it's too HOT!
    Fright pics and tactics are going to be used here.

Bike
    TL1000S
    Region
    Gauteng

You know If Mprins posted the letter "Z" ppl will attack him...
    You know why??? Cause he is right...

I read this thread and actually agreed about what he said, now I dont normally post unless I have a very good reason, or I feel that I can contribute to the forum...

Now if you showed those graphic images of dead ppl to High school students (im asuming they are your target" It could really damage those kids mentally...
    Some ppl really can not deal with really graphic images, or death. For instance my boss, he cant even play violent video games, he has a photographic memory and he says things like that and scary or violent movies haunt him in his sleep...

What if someones father died in a horrific motorcycle accident and here you arrive with pictures of mangled bodies WTF...

So keep it to people that have survied and like Mprins said show pictures of what ATGATT could have prevented.