PDA

View Full Version : Gauteng Breakfast Run Times

Great_Gusto
28-04-2006, 10:03 AM
There may be a need to have an early and late run to split the group up a bit to keep the runs moving along smoothly, and to reduce risk.

Let's get and indication of who would join either and early (6:15 for 6:30 sharp!) run or a later run say 7:30 for 8:00?

** Edit for fair comments** These are the summer run times - we will adjust times for winter (which is rapidly approaching..)

Just vote and post other time ideas that you might have.

PaulZX
28-04-2006, 10:14 AM
I will defenitly take the later one in the winter. It's to freek'n cold to ride very early.

Kwaka-Jack
28-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Hi.

I prefer the later run. The meeting places are always about 50km from my house. That means i have to try and get up bloody early, and i do this for fun.

Stephan
28-04-2006, 10:37 AM
For me the later run is also better, especially in winter. Then I don't have to get up early and wake the neighbours

BOUNCE
28-04-2006, 11:34 AM
I prefer the later run. The meeting places are always about 50km from my house. That means i have to try and get up bloody early, and i do this for fun.

The meeting places are always 500km from my house!!! :lol: :badgrin: :lol:

craig h
28-04-2006, 11:38 AM
later run is better for me . Can get some much needed sleep .

Rossiwanabe
28-04-2006, 11:43 AM

The meeting places are always 500km from my house!!! :lol: :badgrin: :lol:

Yamaha k`s are longer, just like doggy years, or torque on a Kawasaki...

Rookie
28-04-2006, 12:19 PM
At the moment the rule is:
06:30 for 07:00 at Pinehaven.
Is this to late for the Early run? (summer)

I agree to splitting the group into fast/slow riders....

However,
When everyone meet at the same time, we get the opportunity to see all the old faces and meet the new guys. Also it gives the slow riders the opportunity to interact with the fast riders. This is how I got my experience and still have allot to learn from the fast boys.

If we split the group (fast/slow) before departure and "Marshall" the groups independently, we will all have a good ride and also end up at the same destination.

(By Marshalling I mean a Leader and Sweeper per group)

My 2c....

Rossiwanabe
28-04-2006, 12:25 PM

My 2c....

Great idea, and to add my 2c I think that every marshall should be given a Walker Texas Ranger Badge, just for recognition purposes.

craig h
28-04-2006, 12:28 PM

My 2c....

Great idea, and to add my 2c I think that every marshall should be given a Walker Texas Ranger Badge, just for recognition purposes.

And he must where leather chaps

dave31
28-04-2006, 03:10 PM
The problem with leaving later is that the traffic if much heavier the later you get going. This past Sunday was a prime example when going into the Dam area.

So for me the earlier one is better - and just wear a long sleeved shirt under your jacket ;)

blackie
28-04-2006, 04:11 PM
OK

I have a problem. I am a slow rider but I dont like leaving late. Thus my 2 c

Letas get all 2gether but take 2 different routes to the same place . At least we could still see each other

WarLord
02-05-2006, 03:44 PM
I agree with Rooki and Blackie also have a good solution. For a breakfast run you have to leave early and avoid the traffic. I want to run early and get some high speed runs in without the fear of too many cars. Coming back you will always have traffic and take it slower.

Great_Gusto
02-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Guys, I never said that the early run would be fast and the late run slow. There will always be faster and slower riders in a group and that's fine, as long as we all know where to go and we have a sweeper, it's all good.

The main reason for me wanting to get on the road early is so that I can enjoy my ride and get back to share the rest of my Sunday with my family. Sure it's nice to meet everyone at one time, but the group is getting real big and I'm so **** with names it's like I meet everyone for the first time each time. :lol: :lol:

Pepper
03-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Tifosi... my name is Pepper...

As a noob in the group i don't think time is a problem. Just move our departure time later in winter.

As for the group...

IMO:

The faster guys always end up infront if they want to. They pull away from the group and then you get stuck with a middle group and an end group. Twice it's happened that I end up infront of the middle group not knowing where to go. Then i end up going faster trying not to lose sight of the fater okes because i don't know the road and nobody wants to get lost.

Riding in a group is a chain reaction... we all pull each other. But then i also have to say that Dave31 and Robin rode with me most of the way, basically looking after me, together with taking turns between Lourens and DJLoyd I always had someone with me, with Skinny showing me where to go and having a lot of patience with me. Even CraigH had some tips for me.

I think our problem is that we can't seem to agree on what roads to take and where to go and with riders not paying attention.

The experienced guys know what to do, where to wait and when to ride. Us poor middlefolk look to them a bit and the Chuck Norrisses of the world follow the ambulance.

Why not simply ask on the day to have a faster runner babysit us and actually teach us something while we are riding? And then as per usual, Blackie as our sweeper with Typhoon are Lead?

Arcticflipper
03-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Now we're opening a discussion on it's own for the learning and tips part.

I think the best solution for all that want to learn more and get more confident is to join the TB trackdays.

Here the more experienced riders can give one on one attention to every participant and help guide them. The brekkies is also a bit of a learning curve, but I don't think you'll get too many peeps wanting to sit back and not play with the faster guys.

The problem here is also that you will find conflicting information from various people. Not every person has the same riding style. Thus you might end up getting more confused than gaining something.

Great_Gusto
03-05-2006, 02:42 PM
+1 AF. It's a poll on whether we need an early and a later group. That's it.

Great_Gusto
03-05-2006, 02:49 PM
...Then i end up going faster trying not to lose sight of the fater okes because i don't know the road and nobody wants to get lost. Just who exactly are you calling FAT :?:

Pepper
03-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Faster. I meant FASTER.

I'm keen on early runs... but flexi for later ones too. Majority rules and all that.

Great_Gusto
03-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Man I love your boobs Pepper, they mesmerise me every time you post.

DaCat
03-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Man I love your boobs Pepper, they mesmerise me every time you post.

... wait til you check out her avatar, it will probably have the same effect ;) :p :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Wim Skywalker
04-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Tifosi... my name is Pepper... My name is Wim!!! Stop calling me Tifosi!

As a noob in the group i don't think time is a problem. Time is always a problem. There is just not enough of it in one day!!

Just move our departure time later in winter. OUR departure time??? OUR??? Is jy siek?? hmmm ook seker net in jou kop. . . :badgrin: :badgrin:

As for the group...

IMO:
do you REALLY think anyone cares about your opinion?? :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

The faster guys always end up infront if they want to. They pull away from the group and then you get stuck with a middle group and an end group. Twice it's happened that I end up infront of the middle group not knowing where to go. Then i end up going faster trying not to lose sight of the fater okes because i don't know the road and nobody wants to get lost. en jy verdwaal in jou eie huis - oppad badkamer toe. . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Riding in a group is a chain reaction... we all pull each other. But then i also have to say that Dave31 and Robin rode with me most of the way, basically looking after me, together with taking turns between Lourens and DJLoyd I always had someone with me, with Skinny showing me where to go and having a lot of patience with me. Even CraigH had some tips for me.
Jy kan bly wees ek was nie daar nie. Ek kon jou dalk wys hoe om jou gat af te val. . . :o

I think our problem is that we can't seem to agree on what roads to take and where to go and with riders not paying attention. specially those riders who over cook the straights. . . :badgrin:

The experienced guys know what to do, where to wait and when to ride. Us poor middlefolk look to them a bit and the Chuck Norrisses of the world follow the ambulance. CORRECTION!!! The ambulances follow Chuck.

Why not simply ask on the day to have a faster runner babysit us and actually teach us something while we are riding? And then as per usual, Blackie as our sweeper with Typhoon are Lead?

Pepper wat kan ons jou tog leer?? Jy is dan Chuck se idol. Chuck kyk op na jou. Jy is Chuck se roll model. Chuck wil soos Pepper wees :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

EK is nou besig om myself in 'n papie in te lag. Ek dink ek het 'n paar skroewe los. . . :sign3:

Great_Gusto
04-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Seems Wim's accident hasn't effected the use of his fingers....

Rookie
05-05-2006, 08:12 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

Good one, Wimmy!!!

Pepper
05-05-2006, 08:40 AM
i jest gonne hi-jacquiline this fred for 2 posts.
sorry Ti...

Pepper
05-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Tifosi... my name is Pepper... My name is Wim!!! Stop calling me Tifosi!

Sorry... i forgot... been calling the wrong names a lot lately...

As a noob in the group i don't think time is a problem. Time is always a problem. There is just not enough of it in one day!!

want jy het nie kiddies nie...

Just move our departure time later in winter. OUR departure time??? OUR??? Is jy siek?? hmmm ook seker net in jou kop. . . :badgrin: :badgrin:

Okay.... skuif Wim se departure tyd... a brunch sal hom goed doen

As for the group...

IMO:
do you REALLY think anyone cares about your opinion?? :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

No.. that's why i can say what i want to say without worrying

The faster guys always end up infront if they want to. They pull away from the group and then you get stuck with a middle group and an end group. Twice it's happened that I end up infront of the middle group not knowing where to go. Then i end up going faster trying not to lose sight of the fater okes because i don't know the road and nobody wants to get lost. en jy verdwaal in jou eie huis - oppad badkamer toe. . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Presies... ek het altyd iemand by my nodig om my te help met directions

Jy kan bly wees ek was nie daar nie. Ek kon jou dalk wys hoe om jou gat af te val. . . :o

Tussen die twee van ons gaan die hospitaal baie baie morfien moet pomp

I think our problem is that we can't seem to agree on what roads to take and where to go and with riders not paying attention. specially those riders who over cook the straights. . . :badgrin:

Semi straight ....

The experienced guys know what to do, where to wait and when to ride. Us poor middlefolk look to them a bit and the Chuck Norrisses of the world follow the ambulance. CORRECTION!!! The ambulances follow Chuck.

Solank dit net Netcare of Discovery is...

Pepper wat kan ons jou tog leer?? Jy is dan Chuck se idol. Chuck kyk op na jou. Jy is Chuck se roll model. Chuck wil soos Pepper wees :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Pepper wil soos Wim ry want Chuck is eintlik Wim se biologiese pa se neef se antie se ride...

EK is nou besig om myself in 'n papie in te lag. Ek dink ek het 'n paar skroewe los. . . :sign3:

ek kan hulle vir jou vasdraai... mar ek weet jy kan nie pyn handle nie.