PDA

View Full Version : New TB brand awareness initiatives

Asylum
27-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Hi everyone

There are a few ideas and opportunities regarding brand awareness in the pipeline. These are all to build the campaign's image and reestablish the Think Bike brand in the public domain. As a preliminary note: every member of TB is welcome to take brand awareness initiatives and run with them, for example the current banner days... we just kindly request that you make the directors aware of what you would like to do and how other members may be able to get involved. Also, if you are using the TB trade marks, please just make sure you use them in the correct manner.:wink3:

So, from my side, there are the following brand awareness initiatives in planning stage, and we need assistance and input from interested members... Please, these are just what I am involved in and there may be allot of opportunities where TB can get involved in to build our brand and grow the campaign. Please let me know if you have any ideas or know of any such opportunities and how we can assist from the brand administration's side.

Anyway, here goes:

1. Vehicle Branding:
A few members are planning on having their personal vehicles (cars and bikes) branded with TB branding. Anyone is welcome to brand their cars, but to keep it uniform we will get a specific brander involved where interested members can have the branding done. This branding will be pre-approved by TB and we will in that way be able to ensure that they are all the same. We can have cars and bikes branded, and will start by only having rear windows branded by "conta-vision" branding. How you can get involved: Please ad your list and vehicle (car/bike) below in order for us to see how many vehicles we can brand at once and get a bulk discount thereon:

- Asylum (car)
- Phoenix (car)
- Ironman (scooter)
-
-
-
-

2. TB Banners:
With a lot of members going out and doing banner-days (thank you for that awesome initiative :notworthy:), there has been issues in figuring out were all the banners are. Instead of trying to find all of them, I thought it best to also try and get some new banners made. To give an indication on what is needed, please just mention some ideas for banners below:

- 2x expo style pull-up banners;
-
-

3. Gauteng Motor Fest 24 to 26 July 2015:
We are in negotiation with the organizers of the GMF and already have a stand at the event (we did not need to pay for it!!!:wink1:). We are also looking at co-branding of the marketing material of the event. They also asked if we want to get involved in any other way, for example with demonstrations, etc. We need volunteers to man the stand over the 3 days, as well other suggestions on how to further get involved. We would also like some bikes at the stand. Please list your names (with dates) and ideas below:

--- Stand:
- Asylum (24, 25, 26)
-
-
-
-
-

--- Ideas how we can get involved:
-
-
-
-
-

4. Redo Living Tour:
Some people may have seen more info on this on the forum. In summary, it is a 200+ day bus tour across RSA with stops in several points. We are getting involved herein and will possibly have the back of the bus branded as well as have promotional material on the bus to have available at the stops. The organizer requested that we further help in planning the route and stop-over. I thought the best would be to have the marshals help herewith. Also, we can also have small events at some of the stops and we can also plan short runs with the bus on the tour. We are still in discussion with the organizer, but any ideas would be great. Please list any ideas you may have in how we can involve TB below. Also, please mention if anyone (even a group) would be willing to help with the planning of the route.

--- Route planners:
-
-
-

--- Ideas:
-
-
-
-

The above are not the only initiatives, and you are welcome to list any ideas or opportunities you may have below, or contact me on christiaan[at]thinkbike[dot]co[dot]za. I don't check my emails that often, but at least once a day. As I mentioned above, members' initiatives and involvement are the best way to grow the campaign and the TB brand.

5. Other brand awareness suggestions:
-
-
-
-

Thanks for everyone's time and commitment to the campaign.:headbang::notworthy::notworthy::headbang :

Regards

SmartTart
27-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Please can a sticky post be put up in the important info section of the forum containing all the latest logos and print ready CI.

AlexJ
28-04-2015, 05:08 AM
Hi everyone
There are a few ideas and opportunities regarding brand awareness in the pipeline. These are all to build the campaign's image and reestablish the Think Bike brand in the public domain. As a preliminary note: every member of TB is welcome to take brand awareness initiatives and run with them, for example the current banner days... we just kindly request that you make the directors aware of what you would like to do and how other members may be able to get involved. Also, if you are using the TB trade marks, please just make sure you use them in the correct manner.

So, from my side, there are the following brand awareness initiatives in planning stage, and we need assistance and input from interested members... Please, these are just what I am involved in and there may be allot of opportunities where TB can get involved in to build our brand and grow the campaign. Please let me know if you have any ideas or know of any such opportunities and how we can assist from the brand administration's side.

Anyway, here goes:

1. Vehicle Branding:
A few members are planning on having their personal vehicles (cars and bikes) branded with TB branding. Anyone is welcome to brand their cars, but to keep it uniform we will get a specific brander involved where interested members can have the branding done. This branding will be pre-approved by TB and we will in that way be able to ensure that they are all the same. We can have cars and bikes branded, and will start by only having rear windows branded by "conta-vision" branding. How you can get involved: Please ad your list and vehicle (car/bike) below in order for us to see how many vehicles we can brand at once and get a bulk discount thereon:

- Asylum (car)
- Phoenix (car)
- Ironman (scooter)
-Alexj (scooter)
-
-
-

2. TB Banners:
With a lot of members going out and doing banner-days (thank you for that awesome initiative ), there has been issues in figuring out were all the banners are. Instead of trying to find all of them, I thought it best to also try and get some new banners made. To give an indication on what is needed, please just mention some ideas for banners below:

-
-

We are in negotiation with the organizers of the GMF and already have a stand at the event (we did not need to pay for it!!!). We are also looking at co-branding of the marketing material of the event. They also asked if we want to get involved in any other way, for example with demonstrations, etc. We need volunteers to man the stand over the 3 days, as well other suggestions on how to further get involved. We would also like some bikes at the stand. Please list your names (with dates) and ideas below:

--- Stand:
- Asylum (24, 25, 26)
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

4. Redo Living Tour:
Some people may have seen more info on this on the forum. In summary, it is a 200+ day bus tour across RSA with stops in several points. We are getting involved herein and will possibly have the back of the bus branded as well as have promotional material on the bus to have available at the stops. The organizer requested that we further help in planning the route and stop-over. I thought the best would be to have the marshals help herewith. Also, we can also have small events at some of the stops and we can also plan short runs with the bus on the tour. We are still in discussion with the organizer, but any ideas would be great. Please list any ideas you may have in how we can involve TB below. Also, please mention if anyone (even a group) would be willing to help with the planning of the route.

--- Route planners:
-
-
-

--- Ideas:
-
-
-
-

The above are not the only initiatives, and you are welcome to list any ideas or opportunities you may have below, or contact me on christiaan[at]thinkbike[dot]co[dot]za. I don't check my emails that often, but at least once a day. As I mentioned above, members' initiatives and involvement are the best way to grow the campaign and the TB brand.

-
-
-
-

Thanks for everyone's time and commitment to the campaign.

Regards

theRéhann
28-04-2015, 05:14 AM
Hi everyone
There are a few ideas and opportunities regarding brand awareness in the pipeline. These are all to build the campaign's image and reestablish the Think Bike brand in the public domain. As a preliminary note: every member of TB is welcome to take brand awareness initiatives and run with them, for example the current banner days... we just kindly request that you make the directors aware of what you would like to do and how other members may be able to get involved. Also, if you are using the TB trade marks, please just make sure you use them in the correct manner.

Anyway, here goes:

1. Vehicle Branding:

- Asylum (car)
- Phoenix (car)
- Ironman (scooter)
-Alexj (scooter)
-
-
-

2. TB Banners:
With a lot of members going out and doing banner-days (thank you for that awesome initiative ), there has been issues in figuring out were all the banners are. Instead of trying to find all of them, I thought it best to also try and get some new banners made. To give an indication on what is needed, please just mention some ideas for banners below:

-
-

We are in negotiation with the organizers of the GMF and already have a stand at the event (we did not need to pay for it!!!). We are also looking at co-branding of the marketing material of the event. They also asked if we want to get involved in any other way, for example with demonstrations, etc. We need volunteers to man the stand over the 3 days, as well other suggestions on how to further get involved. We would also like some bikes at the stand. Please list your names (with dates) and ideas below:

--- Stand:
- Asylum (24, 25, 26)
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

4. Redo Living Tour:

--- Route planners:
- theRéhann
-
-

--- Ideas:
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-

Tour Biker
28-04-2015, 10:46 AM
Since I'm in the "bushes" and would like to continue to do banner day's on a popular biking route, I realize the "need" to display more professionally. Maybe if one of the old banners can find its way towards the Klein Karoo. Handouts and stickers will do, at least to fulfill the requests thereof. (Not to be dished out left right and center to end up in a rubbish bin.)

Although we don't have lane splitting type of roads, The same message can be send to passers by from the big cities.

I'm all exited about the new direction of the initiative and wish to continue to be actively involved in the initiative.

Paul Bedford
28-04-2015, 11:10 AM

Same weekend as 702 Walk the Talk.

Grunt
28-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Awesome. Great to see something happening.
With regards to those interested in vehicle branding, please make sure that your insurance is okay with it and don't see an opportunity to bail out if you ever have a situation. Some insurance companies expect you to pay higher premiums, as they say your vehicle is being used for business purposes. Rather safe than sorry.
With the Redo Living Tour, does the bus have a driver? If there is a requirement for one, I wonder if Tour Biker would be interested?

Asylum
28-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Hi Everyone:headbang:

Since I'm in the "bushes" and would like to continue to do banner day's on a popular biking route, I realize the "need" to display more professionally. Maybe if one of the old banners can find its way towards the Klein Karoo. Handouts and stickers will do, at least to fulfill the requests thereof. (Not to be dished out left right and center to end up in a rubbish bin.)

Although we don't have lane splitting type of roads, The same message can be send to passers by from the big cities.

I'm all exited about the new direction of the initiative and wish to continue to be actively involved in the initiative.

Hi Tour Biker. Please continue with your great initiative. There is in my view nothing wrong with the way you are displaying next to the road. We will see if there are any banners around in GT, and make a plan to get it down to you in the Karoo, maybe a social run to come say hi:wink2:. KEEP IT UP!!!:notworthy:

Same weekend as 702 Walk the Talk.

Hi Paul, thanks for the heads-up. I am sure there will be members not attending 702 that would be able to assist at the GTMF that weekend.

Awesome. Great to see something happening.
With regards to those interested in vehicle branding, please make sure that your insurance is okay with it and don't see an opportunity to bail out if you ever have a situation. Some insurance companies expect you to pay higher premiums, as they say your vehicle is being used for business purposes. Rather safe than sorry.
With the Redo Living Tour, does the bus have a driver? If there is a requirement for one, I wonder if Tour Biker would be interested?

Hi Grunt. Thanks for the post. I know there are some issues with the some insurers being difficult with the branding, I agree that it would be best to find out from the insurer before branding the car. Also, with relation to TheRéhann’s comments to me (not on this thread), we will ensure that the branding is done in accordance with what is allowed/legal. That is why we will get a specific branding company that can do it.
Also, the Redo Living Tour is done by one person (the driver) who will tour RSA in her bus. We will give some more info hereon at a later stage.

Regards:salute:

AlexJ
30-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone

Anyway, here goes:

1. Vehicle Branding:

- Asylum (car)
- Phoenix (car)
- Ironman (scooter)
-Alexj (scooter)
-
-
-

2. TB Banners:

-
-

--- Stand:
- Asylum (24, 25, 26)
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

4. Redo Living Tour:

--- Route planners:
- theRéhann
-
-

--- Ideas:
-
-
-
-

- maybe make "future Think Biker on board" cards for babies to sell in bike shops?
- window sox
- aerial flags
-

Michaelangelo
13-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Hi everyone

Anyway, here goes:

1. Vehicle Branding:

- Asylum (car)
- Phoenix (car)
- Ironman (scooter)
-Alexj (scooter)
-
-
-

2. TB Banners:

-
-

--- Stand:
- Asylum (24, 25, 26)
-MichaelAngelo (24,25,26) (just have to get confirmation
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

4. Redo Living Tour:

--- Route planners:
-
-
-

--- Ideas:
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-

Regards

Dal1
14-05-2015, 07:34 AM
Regarding the branding, can not we use magnets advertising that stick to the car doors? So your car doesn't loose value and you are still visible? Also do the same with bikes, stick the magnets on. Then using flags on the back of the bike, making bikes visible for traffic that is higher than the bikes.

Crash
14-05-2015, 09:12 AM
I've found a media company with a number of bikers in their senior management...
I'm meeting with them on Friday 22nd in Pretoria - will see what comes of them helping us with the digital face of Think Bike.

dan734
18-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Tour biker glad to see I am not the only one in the Karoo I am in Graaff Reinet and are trying on this side think we should try get together sooner not later.

Dal1 I have magnets that was made up for events in this area I will post pics of them on my bakkie tomorrow they were working good on an event in pe and I had them made up from reflecting material

Tour Biker
18-05-2015, 04:19 PM
Tour biker glad to see I am not the only one in the Karoo I am in Graaff Reinet and are trying on this side think we should try get together sooner not later.
That would be amazing! I love Graaf Reinet, beautiful place and also on a "high way"! The eastern Cape bus and taxi traffic can do as target for the awareness! Technically not far from me and very much within a day's ride, with all banner stuff! I can get a letter from local traffic department that height restriction permissible for road safety awareness campaign equipment. The only problem is accommodation as Graaf Reinet is very much on a tourist route and even camping rates are totally out priced! Many moons ago I was working a bit in the tourist environment and unfortunately the owner of Karoopark, Buks forgot about me! That was a little big disappointment some time ago. Lets leave it at that! Thanks for the post and mentioning the effort!

Coachman
18-05-2015, 06:11 PM
@Asylum.... Walk the Talk requires every single Marshal and even then we are short!

Lady Katoom
18-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone

Anyway, here goes:

1. Vehicle Branding:

- Asylum (car)
- Phoenix (car)
- Ironman (scooter)
- Alexj (scooter)
- Lady Katoom (car)
-
-

2. TB Banners:

-
-

--- Stand:
- Asylum (24, 25, 26)
- MichaelAngelo (24,25,26) (just have to get confirmation
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

4. Redo Living Tour:

--- Route planners:
- theRéhann
-
-

--- Ideas:
-
-
-
-

- maybe make "future Think Biker on board" cards for babies to sell in bike shops?
- window sox
- aerial flags
-

Asylum
19-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Regarding the branding, can not we use magnets advertising that stick to the car doors? So your car doesn't loose value and you are still visible? Also do the same with bikes, stick the magnets on. Then using flags on the back of the bike, making bikes visible for traffic that is higher than the bikes.

Hi Dal1

We can have magnets made as well, for those who prefer this. However, some people (including myself) still prefer the wrap. I have had my car branded several times before, and if done by a professional the wrap does not effect the value at all.

In conclusion, I think we can use stickers, magnets, flags and wraps - depending on volunteer's preference.

Regards

Asylum
19-05-2015, 07:46 AM
I've found a media company with a number of bikers in their senior management...
I'm meeting with them on Friday 22nd in Pretoria - will see what comes of them helping us with the digital face of Think Bike.

Thanks Crash. Please keep us posted!:salute:

Asylum
19-05-2015, 07:47 AM

Dal1 I have magnets that was made up for events in this area I will post pics of them on my bakkie tomorrow they were working good on an event in pe and I had them made up from reflecting material

Hi dan734

Thanks for the support! I look forward to seeing the pics:headbang:

Regards

Asylum
19-05-2015, 07:51 AM
@Asylum.... Walk the Talk requires every single Marshal and even then we are short!

Hi Coachman

Thanks for the heads-up. We are aware that we cannot make use of the marshals at the Motorfest event. We have already started working around it and will use non-marshal members which already volunteered for the weekend.

As a general note, anyone that still wants to be part of the GTMF, please let us know! The more the merrier!!!:dance:

Regards

Asylum
19-05-2015, 07:53 AM
Hi everyone

Thanks for everyone's comments and ideas! We will definitely take them all to heart!!!:salute::salute::headbang: Please keep it up!!!!!!:notworthy:

Anyway, here goes:

1. Vehicle Branding:

- Asylum (car)
- Phoenix (car)
- Ironman (scooter)
- Alexj (scooter)
- Lady Katoom (car)
-
-

2. TB Banners:

-
-

--- Stand:
- Asylum (24, 25, 26) + 3x Volunteers
- MichaelAngelo (24,25,26) (just have to get confirmation)
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

4. Redo Living Tour:

--- Route planners:
- theRéhann
-
-

--- Ideas:
-
-
-
-

- window sox
- aerial flags
-

dan734
26-05-2015, 12:52 PM
here is pics of the magnets made that I use on my bakkie

colyvon
26-05-2015, 01:07 PM

Look really good :headbang:

Tour Biker
26-05-2015, 01:27 PM
Absolutly stunnig! Perfect! I can basically be used on any vehicle. Just make sure to tip the car guards as some would attempt to tamper with them. What freaks me out is the "locals" (lets call them that to be safe) cannot keep hands off my bike! In Upington, a parent allowed his kid to push my bike over. Luckily I saw it. The discussion that followed cannot be repeated as this is a public forum.

How many people ask for stickers? Mine is in the mail and hopefully they will be available from next Saturday.

You would appreciate my banner event on the ZA Bikers. Here is the link:
http://www.zabikers.co.za/event/think-bike-banner-on-route-62/2015-05-30/

Keep the flag high on a popular biker, Eastern Cape main traffic intersection whereby the initiative can benefit and save life's!

Well Done!

Crash
26-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Awesome job guys!!!

AlexJ
26-05-2015, 03:53 PM
Hi everyone

Thanks for everyone's comments and ideas! We will definitely take them all to heart!!!:salute::salute::headbang: Please keep it up!!!!!!:notworthy:

Anyway, here goes:

1. Vehicle Branding:

- Asylum (car)
- Phoenix (car)
- Ironman (scooter)
- Alexj (scooter)
- Alexj (car)
- Lady Katoom (car)
-

2. TB Banners:

-
-

--- Stand:
- Asylum (24, 25, 26) + 3x Volunteers
- MichaelAngelo (24,25,26) (just have to get confirmation)
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

4. Redo Living Tour:

--- Route planners:
- theRéhann
-
-

--- Ideas:
-
-
-
-

- window sox
- aerial flags
-