PDA

View Full Version : Movember - Think Bike thinks Men's Health

Pages : 1 [2]

Hover Ho'
29-10-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm in for a ride....

:thumbright: And about the suggestion of an auction thingy?

McSack
29-10-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm in for the ride, and I reckon the auction "thingy" is a great idea ... another suggestion is to make it that when nominated you have to keep your 'tache for another 6 months or outbid and nominate some other poor b@stard

Krokenoster
29-10-2013, 06:17 PM
:thumbright: And about the suggestion of an auction thingy?

I allready shave my "pip", so nothing to auction off....but I will gladly auction on someone else hair being removed....:rolf2:

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 05:29 AM
Countdown to Movember:

2 days

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Lying awake at ridiculous-hour-o'-clock this morning :duh: a wave passed through my brain :shock:

1. We're bikers, we ride (even if it's four wheels).
2. It's Movember - we ride, we shave.
3. 30 October - we post on Movember site the event for 30 November and invite others.
4. 30 November - we ride, we auction, we shave.

So, calling Pirate, Richieacc and Aquaman (and anybody else who wants to get involved in the planning - please step forward by end of todayso that we can get going) heretoforth called the "MOPs" (Movember Operations Planners)

Although 30 November is an entire month away, we need to get our notifications/invites out so that people can set the day aside for the event. Events (http://za.movember.com/events/view-event-type/type/moparty)are coming in fast and furious (http://za.movember.com/events/view-event-type/type/move) and we need to jump if we're going to have some kind of success.

So, action plan is:

Finalise MOPs and take planning off-line for this fred to remain uncomplicated and unconfused - feedback on progress will be posted here
Post the event on Movember site - date and broad outline of the intended proceedings - deadline 10:00 TODAY by HH if no objections
Send out mails to those contacts not on the site - EVERYBODY
Identify and scout a route - I offered but if somebody else wants to do it?
Identify an end-point venue (any suggestions for biker friendly venues?) - ANYBODY
Organise with end-point venue to host shave-a-thon - MOPs
Organise photographer - MOPs
Organise auctioneer - MOPs
Identify en-route meeting/pick-up points - MOPs
(and this is where that wave crashed on the beach) Caging Movember participants to identify themselves with the Movember 'tache logo at meeting points - stuck on their cars, kids' foreheads.... wherever there is space to plak it - bikers wherever they have space
Post route and other details on Movember site - MOPs
Keep Movember team page alive by posting progress of 'taches - EVERYBODY
Give feedback on this fred about involvement other than growing your mo' - EVERYBODY

Anything else that needs attention? I'll be on and off the site this morning but essentially kick-off is at 10:00.

Pirate
30-10-2013, 08:05 AM
@HH you have certainly had a brain-wave of note! A brilliant set of ideas, and I support all of it.

Worry not about the photographer, I'm sure between my wife, myself and our camera club we should be able to cover that avenue. Other TB members are also welcome to take snaps on the day if they agree to make them available to TB for TB's use..

@Lucy, I'll contact Boesman and ask some advice.

EsioTrot
30-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Suggestion for venue ; Kenjara Lodge. This is about a km from the Rhino and Lion Park if you turn left at the circle. About 25km from Fourways.

Biker friendly!
Good food and bar!

Plenty parking.

I think they would be flexible enough to accomodate our needs.

(The 200m driveway could be tricky for some bikes, especialy if there is a lot of rain).

I am in that area quite often whilst I'm training for 94.7 so I can talk to them.

Pirate
30-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Esio, that is an excellent idea. Then we ride from, say, Modderfontein or Midrand in concession/convoy? Rock up, shave, skilpad braai or whatever and wreck the place (not).

Could you talk with them? We don't really want to pay for the venue. Perhaps some foljs would stay over (we wpuld certainly consider it).

Aquaman
30-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Just in time. With a few seconds to spare. Awesome, HH. Concise and clevva! Are the MOPS meeting somewhere today then?

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Just in time. With a few seconds to spare. Awesome, HH. Concise and clevva!

:thumbright:

Are the MOPS meeting somewhere today then?

We need until the end of today to see who else wants to be part of the organising team. Let's see what happens by late afternoon then we can start organising our meetings.

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 10:13 AM
I have tried to register our event on the Movember site but they are asking for venue details (required fields so can't put it in later).

PING ESIOTROT - is it possible that we can get an answer from them soonest, as in the next.... uhm.... 10 minutes? Please?

OH! And I'm thinking of calling the event "Hairy Lipped Riders" as we will probably have the cyclists partaking as well :dontknow:

colyvon
30-10-2013, 11:10 AM
I am afraid I will not be able to join you in this as I am marshalling that day.

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 11:21 AM
I am afraid I will not be able to join you in this as I am marshalling that day.

No worries, it will be after marshalling - "normal" people aren't awake by the time we're already marshalling :badgrin:

EsioTrot
30-10-2013, 11:37 AM
I just spoke to Karen, the owner of Kenjara.

They will be happy for us to use thier venue on Saturday 30 November. About R500 to book the Boma Braai area for the day if we want to do self catering.

The driveway is in much better condition, so no problems for the OMB's and HD's.

http://www.kenjara.co.za/

LucyM
30-10-2013, 11:41 AM

They will be happy for us to use thier venue on Saturday 30 November. About R500 to book the Boma Braai area for the day if we want to do self catering.

The driveway is in much better condition, so no problems for the OMB's and HD's.

Seeing as I am struggling to donate on the Mo-site (no credit card) can I sponsor the R 500 for the venue hire then? And who must I pay over too?

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 11:43 AM

:notworthy: Sounds like a reasonable price for the venue. Although it might be a bit difficult for bikers and cyclists to carry all their stuff for self-catering.

What say everybody? Shall we go for it and work on the logistics later? Is there a deadline to book?

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Seeing as I am struggling to donate on the Mo-site (no credit card) can I sponsor the R 500 for the venue hire then? And who must I pay over too?

Eish.... you are waaaaay too fast for me :blush: :tongue3:

EsioTrot
30-10-2013, 11:47 AM

Lucy, that is very generous of you. I will give you Kenjara's banking details if and when we make definite arangement with them for this.

Ho, you can add me to the MOP's then if you want me to assist with venue arangements.

LucyM
30-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Eish.... you are waaaaay too fast for me :blush: :tongue3:

hahaha quick and easy as Alex tells everyone :duh:

(Yay enter button sorted Thanx Oom AMZ)

Anyway... I am cage bound that day because I will be bringing my daughter along for this one too, she really enjoyed the previous one. Sprayed her hair silver..... made my car's interior silver too :roll2: aaaanyway, point I'm trying to make is... za cage is yours to abuse for transporting whatevers, whatsamagoeters and whatnots.

LucyM
30-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Coooolio Esio :thumbright: will you please send the details to Alex, he has control over my internet banking :dontknow:

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Ho, you can add me to the MOP's then if you want me to assist with venue arangements.

Consider yourself added :evil4:

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 11:57 AM
za cage is yours to abuse for transporting whatevers, whatsamagoeters and whatnots.

So that sorts the transportation of feed and water, thanks hons! :love7:

EsioTrot
30-10-2013, 12:03 PM
:notworthy: Sounds like a reasonable price for the venue. Although it might be a bit difficult for bikers and cyclists to carry all their stuff for self-catering.

What say everybody? Shall we go for it and work on the logistics later? Is there a deadline to book?

No deadline for Kenjara, but she said we should confirm as soon as possible. I recon we go for it and work on the logistics as soon as possible.

Maybe we keep it quite simple, like Boerie Rolls and Prego's. Use paper plates and napkins. Minimal fuss.

Anyway... I am cage bound that day because I will be bringing my daughter along for this one too, she really enjoyed the previous one. Sprayed her hair silver..... made my car's interior silver too :roll2: aaaanyway, point I'm trying to make is... za cage is yours to abuse for transporting whatevers, whatsamagoeters and whatnots.

Great Lucy, thanks

I'm sure we can make a plan to get food and stuff there with the help of Lucy and other willing cagers.

LucyM
30-10-2013, 12:04 PM
No deadline for Kenjara, but she said we should confirm as soon as possible. I recon we go for it and work on the logistics as soon as possible.

Maybe we keep it quite simple, like Boerie Rolls and Prego's. Use paper plates and napkins. Minimal fuss.

Great Lucy, thanks

I'm sure we can make a plan to get food and stuff there with the help of Lucy and other willing cagers.

Sounds great!

AlexS
30-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Will await confirmation

Aquaman
30-10-2013, 01:08 PM
The C should be able to do this unpaved road @ Kenjara....???70697:dontknow:

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 02:46 PM
I've registered the event and am now awaiting approval. I've also ordered the promotion kit which they'll deliver to my postal address as soon as the event has been approved as an official Movember event.

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 02:46 PM
The C should be able to do this unpaved road @ Kenjara....???:dontknow:

I don't see why not - I believe drifting is quite the rage these days! :thumbright:

Aquaman
30-10-2013, 03:26 PM
I don't see why not - I believe drifting is quite the rage these days! :thumbright:
Drifting is not the problem... I don`t want to scare the wildlife..70701...by breaking "new ground"?:badgrin:

richieacc
30-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Ok, I'm here! Definitely liking the idea!

The shaving auction is a wonderful idea! It will also take the awareness further, by getting shavees talking about it for longer. I'm not too keen on the idea of getting shaved though, so I like the idea of having another option, i.e. keeping the Mo for 6 months, or maybe colouring the hair a ridiculous colour!

I like the idea for the venue. The self-catering is great as well. What we can do is make up braai packs which can be pre-ordered and paid for, then one of the caging MOPs can bring those through on the day. The same can be done for beverages. We can put a mark-up on everything and add it to our fundraising.

I'm all for taking MOP discussions offline, as such, y'all can reach me on "oh! ate too six won oh! five won seven six" I'm on whatsapp, or y'all can now BBM me on 7B2EF526. Let's agree on a medium and get a group chat started.

McSack
30-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Just checked in( a bit late I know). If you still need volunteers to help with anything I am game

Sent from some piece of fruit using Tapatalk

Hover Ho'
30-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Just checked in( a bit late I know). If you still need volunteers to help with anything I am game

Sent from some piece of fruit using Tapatalk

You are not too late, thank you! Please PM me your contact details so that we can do online meetings and stuff :thumbright:

Hover Ho'
31-10-2013, 05:02 AM
As of this morning I haven't received the approval email for our event yet. Will keep you guys updated.

Hover Ho'
31-10-2013, 05:21 AM
Countdown to Movember:

1 day

Have you guys chosen your styles yet?

Silvrav
31-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Tonight it is all coming off and then not shaving again until 1 December 2013 :D

Hover Ho'
31-10-2013, 11:51 AM
:dance::occasion7::occasion5::dance::occasion7::oc casion5::dance::occasion7::occasion5::dance::occas ion7::occasion5::dance::occasion7::occasion5::danc e::occasion7::occasion5::dance::occasion7::occasio n5::dance::occasion7::occasion5:

I have just received the email giving our event the green light! It hasn't been uploaded to the Movember events yet but I'll keep an eye on it and let you know!

:dance::occasion7::occasion5::dance::occasion7::oc casion5::dance::occasion7::occasion5::dance::occas ion7::occasion5::dance::occasion7::occasion5::danc e::occasion7::occasion5::dance::occasion7::occasio n5::dance::occasion7::occasion5:

Peterv
31-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Countdown to Movember:

1 day

Have you guys chosen your styles yet?

With my slow growth, I can't use the chart, all I get is a "you have some dirt on your lip" by week 2 and "are you starting to grow a moustache?" by a month.

Hover Ho'
31-10-2013, 12:04 PM
With my slow growth, I can't use the chart, all I get is a "you have some dirt on your lip" by week 2 and "are you starting to grow a moustache?" by a month.

This should help - just make sure it's waterproof :thumbright:

Peterv
31-10-2013, 12:08 PM
This should help - just make sure it's waterproof :thumbright:

For the first 2 weeks a pencil works better.

Pirate
31-10-2013, 12:26 PM
This should help - just make sure it's waterproof :thumbright:70717Y u go and share top secret plan with world?Ideas sounds awesome. My cage would probably also be available for rider's foodstuffs etc, but we might be taking another photographer along, so it's limited space.

richieacc
31-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Y u go and share top secret plan with world?Ideas sounds awesome. My cage would probably also be available for rider's foodstuffs etc, but we might be taking another photographer along, so it's limited space.
We could always cook the photographer once they've outlived their usefulness...

Hover Ho'
31-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Look what happened! :shock:

http://za.movember.com/events/view-community-event/id/127873

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Aquaman
31-10-2013, 12:53 PM
With my slow growth, I can't use the chart, all I get is a "you have some dirt on your lip" by week 2 and "are you starting to grow a moustache?" by a month. 70719 Hoesit??

Aquaman
31-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Look what happened! :shock:

http://za.movember.com/events/view-community-event/id/127873

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: Fantastic stuff H`H!!:toothy8:

Pirate
31-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Nice, HH!

Richieacc, please note, photographers are non-digestible, bad tasting aliens who are capeable of eating you fron the inside once consumed... I would highly advise against eating them. Their equipment ia a differeny story, altogether...

richieacc
31-10-2013, 02:31 PM
I never said we'd eat them...

Hover Ho'
31-10-2013, 02:34 PM
I never said we'd eat them...

There is no point in cooking something if you're not going to eat it :duh:

richieacc
31-10-2013, 02:42 PM
It's kinda like marmalade... I can cook it, but there ain't no way it's passing over my lips!

Hover Ho'
31-10-2013, 02:46 PM
It's kinda like marmalade... I can cook it, but there ain't no way it's passing over my lips!

Ah, I see. But then don't bother expending the required energy on something that you will not consume :dontknow:

LucyM
31-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Sometimes I worry about you lot

Hover Ho'
31-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Sometimes I worry about you lot

Only sometimes? :sad1: We need to step up our game boys! :dance:

richieacc
31-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Ah, I see. But then don't bother expending the required energy on something that you will not consume :dontknow:
Other people love the marmalade that I make...

Booster
31-10-2013, 03:59 PM
I've tried to join the team a couple of times during the month, but for some reason I get stuck while adding my details.

I'll shave tonight and post a picture on this thread tomorrow. Is that OK?

Hover Ho'
01-11-2013, 05:07 AM
I've tried to join the team a couple of times during the month, but for some reason I get stuck while adding my details.

I'll shave tonight and post a picture on this thread tomorrow. Is that OK?

Hi Booster, I believe some people do have problems when registering, just keep trying. Post your pic here then we can upload it to the page so long.

Hover Ho'
01-11-2013, 05:09 AM
Happy Movember everybody!

Wild Woody
01-11-2013, 06:31 AM
Time to step up our game peeps, pics need of those bikes and cars with Mo's, just did all the cars yesterday:grin: Stickers are only 30 south African rands

Aquaman
01-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Time to step up our game peeps, pics need of those bikes and cars with Mo's, just did all the cars yesterday:grin: Stickers are only 30 south African rands
I missed this, or mad cow, or ADD.... explain the how`s and what`s again please?

Wild Woody
01-11-2013, 07:21 AM
My daughter bought some Mo's to stick on your car 700mm X 300mm you have a choice of color black or white. will post pics later

Please advise who wants and qty?

Big Ones for the cage R50 mandelas

For bikes R30 mandelas

Pirate
01-11-2013, 08:16 AM

Where?

Booster
01-11-2013, 08:18 AM
My daughter bought some Mo's to stick on your car 700mm X 300mm you have a choice of color black or white. will post pics later

For bikes R30 mandelas

If you put some eyes (googly eyes) under the airvents, you're helmet would look really cool:rolf2:

Booster
01-11-2013, 09:59 AM
My lip is cold and sore. You can say I've got a cold-sore upper lip

70742 70743:tongue3:

Scary how much I'm starting to resemble my dad:salute:

Hover Ho'
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Scary how much I'm starting to resemble my dad:salute:

Isn't that the strange thing about genes? :rolf2:

LucyM
01-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Payment made!

AlexS
01-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Payment made!

:dance:

EsioTrot
01-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Happy Movember everybody!

Is that supposed to be a Mo? Looks more like a gay buffalo.:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

AlexS
01-11-2013, 04:23 PM

Takashi
01-11-2013, 06:45 PM
I will support Movember...

Sadly I already have plans for the 30th.

Pirate
04-11-2013, 07:36 AM

For bikes R30 mandelas

If you put some eyes (googly eyes) under the airvents, you're helmet would look really cool:rolf2:

I would be very interested if this could be done on a magnet!

Payment made!

Thanks Lady!!!!!!

PS. I have posted a pic on my Mospace, but you can't see the Mo'. :wha: So I removed it...

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Here are some of the Movember rules:

Once registered on Movember.com, each Mo Bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face.
For the entire month of Movember each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache.
There is to be no joining of the mo to your sideburns, this is a beard.
There is to be no joining of the handlebars to your chin, this is considered a goatee.
A small complementary growth under the bottom lip is allowed (AKA a tickler).
Each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true gentleman.

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 08:45 AM
PS. I have posted a pic on my Mospace, but you can't see the Mo'. :wha: So I removed it...

But I think that is the point?

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Is that supposed to be a Mo? Looks more like a gay buffalo.:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

:scratch: I'm worried that you know what a gay buffalo looks like :shock:

Booster
04-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Here are some of the Movember rules:

Once registered on Movember.com, each Mo Bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face.
For the entire month of Movember each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache.
There is to be no joining of the mo to your sideburns, this is a beard.
There is to be no joining of the handlebars to your chin, this is considered a goatee.
A small complementary growth under the bottom lip is allowed (AKA a tickler).
Each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true gentleman.

...too....many....rules....losing....interest....r ebelling...rebelling..........

I'm a rebel with a beard then:rolf2:

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
...too....many....rules....losing....interest....r ebelling...rebelling..........

I'm a rebel with a beard then:rolf2:

:duh: You Capies call it "rebelling", we call it sleeping :tongue3: I think if you leave like a centimeter gap between the mo and the beard? Would that be acceptable in your rebel camp? :CoB:

LucyM
04-11-2013, 09:40 AM
:duh: You Capies call it "rebelling", we call it sleeping :tongue3: I think if you leave like a centimeter gap between the mo and the beard? Would that be acceptable in your rebel camp? :CoB:

Why do they have to shave their beards? :wha: I told you what Ace looks like :sad5:

Aquaman
04-11-2013, 09:42 AM
:scratch: I'm worried that you know what a gay buffalo looks like :shock:
A gay shark goes...dooo...dum....dooo..dum....dooditty dum, ditty dum.:CoB:

Booster
04-11-2013, 09:44 AM

Nah, it's the whole GROOMING idea that scares the living ... stuffs out of me. I am not a fan of spending time on things like that. The beard grows for a while, I trim it when it gets to bushy, and that's that.

I only go near it with a razor once a year at the end of October. Any more and my soft german skin/hard Welsh beard combination creates a nuclear landscape on my face.

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 09:45 AM

Why do they have to shave their beards? :wha: I told you what Ace looks like :sad5:

Agh, it's not THAT bad :dontknow:

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Nah, it's the whole GROOMING idea that scares the living ... stuffs out of me. I am not a fan of spending time on things like that.

One month? Do it for the cause? Huh? Huh?

LucyM
04-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Agh, it's not THAT bad :dontknow:

Wait two weeks then I'll post a pic of him, then you tell me what he resembles :shock:

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Wait two weeks then I'll post a pic of him, then you tell me what he resembles :shock:

Well, we can use all sorts in our team, so no worries :evil4:

LucyM
04-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Well, we can use all sorts in our team, so no worries :evil4:

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 11:00 AM

:rolf3: Absolutely! What is said about great minds? :iconbiggrin:

AlexS
04-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Ya'll bein' mean over her'

richieacc
04-11-2013, 11:04 AM
I told a friend of mine that I've started growing my Mo. She laughed at the idea of me having any facial hair :(

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I told a friend of mine that I've started growing my Mo. She laughed at the idea of me having any facial hair :(

You have very mean friends you know. Almost like us :CoB:

LucyM
04-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Ya'll bein' mean over her'

LucyM
04-11-2013, 11:32 AM

And no the whaaaa was not for calling us mean, we don't detest that.... the whaaaaa was for the accent you're trying to pull off.... A south African red neck German going all Alabama on us???? Nee wat, your mid-life crisis hit early :dontknow:

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 11:35 AM
And no the whaaaa was not for calling us mean, we don't detest that....

He called us mean? And I missed that? :sad5:

AlexS
04-11-2013, 11:35 AM
And no the whaaaa was not for calling us mean, we don't detest that.... the whaaaaa was for the accent you're trying to pull off.... A south African red neck German going all Alabama on us???? Nee wat, your mid-life crisis hit early :dontknow:

Thank about it this way, it's out of the way early and you won't have to deal with it later on(it being me going through midlife crisis). You're still going to have to deal with me for many MANY more years Babe:badgrin:

AlexS
04-11-2013, 11:37 AM

Wow! The sun really did do a number on you, didn't it?

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Wow! The sun really did do a number on you, didn't it?

Oh yes, I keep thinking I'm wearing a red t-shirt - the reflection off my cheeks is :pale:

AlexS
04-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Oh yes, I keep thinking I'm wearing a red t-shirt - the reflection off my cheeks is :pale:

:rolf2:

LucyM
04-11-2013, 11:56 AM

I don't blame you my dear... he was speaking in a foreign tongue :tongue3:

LucyM
04-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Thank about it this way, it's out of the way early and you won't have to deal with it later on(it being me going through midlife crisis). You're still going to have to deal with me for many MANY more years Babe:badgrin:

Really? Who says?

Hover Ho'
04-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Really? Who says?

Yeah! You don't remember us discussing your trade-in value? :scratch:

LucyM
04-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah! You don't remember us discussing your trade-in value? :scratch:

I told you he's a goldfish :rolf2:

Hover Ho'
07-11-2013, 06:51 AM
A week into Movember :dance:

Does anybody have a "progress report" on the state of their Mos?

Peterv
07-11-2013, 07:27 AM

My lip is starting to look dirty, not as dirty as usual due to more grey appearing.

Krokenoster
07-11-2013, 08:20 AM
The mo is catching up to the beard allready.i reckon in another week, they would be the same length again. I'll have to maintain the beard though.

Booster
07-11-2013, 08:24 AM

The ladies of the house :wha: when I kiss them

FH
07-11-2013, 09:23 AM

richieacc
07-11-2013, 09:32 AM
haha, I had to look carefully to see what was funny...

colyvon
07-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Going to have to colour this at the end, too much grey makes it invisible :duh:

FH
07-11-2013, 10:24 AM

Aquaman
07-11-2013, 11:40 AM

I forgot to shave and did so only this morning. So definitely NO progress...except on molecular level.

JumpIn
07-11-2013, 11:40 AM
My mo has just gone past the 'sand paper' stage...

Silvrav
07-11-2013, 11:45 AM
I has not shaveth since I november 2013......atleat not my mo....my beard and surrounding stays at a short length.

Zen.
07-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Eh, the 8 hairs on my upper lip have reached about 2 mm in length - 7 days later ...

EsioTrot
07-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Going to have to colour this at the end, too much grey makes it invisible :duh:

I think I have exactly the same problem. I must admit to leaving a tiny bit of stubble on my face on 31 Oct because I need a head start.

I can just see the signs of a Mo forming now, and a little tickler below the bottom lip (just to support awareness for test-tickler cancer)

LucyM
07-11-2013, 01:57 PM
I have a progress report... there will be no kissing in my house until the end of November. It hurts! Alex's face feels like a grater!

richieacc
07-11-2013, 02:07 PM
You should get him to kiss a guy who's growing facial hair. Have him feel what it feels like...

I'm not too keen on kissing guys with facial hair either. Icky :p

LucyM
07-11-2013, 02:24 PM
You should get him to kiss a guy who's growing facial hair. Have him feel what it feels like...

I'm not too keen on kissing guys with facial hair either. Icky :p

Uh............. I have mixed emotions looking at this response..... hysterical laughter............ worrisome feelings........ a tad disturbed by my visual mind....... and maybe even slightly............... so........................... Loving the Become a member thing you've got going there :salute:

richieacc
07-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Loving the Become a member thing you've got going there :salute:
I'd love to take credit, but it's not mine :)

Seems to be an ad that TB have put at the bottom of the first message on each page. I do agree that it's pretty cool.

LucyM
07-11-2013, 02:32 PM
I'd love to take credit, but it's not mine :)

Seems to be an ad that TB have put at the bottom of the first message on each page. I do agree that it's pretty cool.

Bwahahahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! So dislike being reminded of my blondness! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Well, loving it anyway! And thanks Richie! Needed the laughter. Why you no got me on bbm? Aaaaaand We missed you at Zwartkops, wasn't the same without you there.

richieacc
07-11-2013, 02:39 PM
7B2EF526

I was really disappointed that I could not make it. Perhaps next time :)

LucyM
07-11-2013, 02:41 PM
7B2EF526

I was really disappointed that I could not make it. Perhaps next time :)

Invited and looking forward to it!

AlexS
08-11-2013, 08:44 AM
This is a family forum, so the words I have are a bit harsh, but they go in the line of '@#$% that #$%&'

richieacc
08-11-2013, 08:58 AM
This is a family forum, so the words I have are a bit harsh, but they go in the line of '@#$% that #$%&'

LucyM
08-11-2013, 09:07 AM

Hi 5! :rolf1:

Aquaman
08-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi guys, when the pamphlet is ready, please post it here as well. I urgently need it to send to Porsche Club and others. Thanx.:headbang:

Pirate
08-11-2013, 03:26 PM

Yes, and here's mine too:

Eh, the 8 hairs on my upper lip have reached about 2 mm in length - 7 days later ...

You and me both, Chief... The hair on my chin grows faster and more dense than my Mo... I've shaved my beard once, and today it's the same length as my Mo... :wha:

Hi guys, when the pamphlet is ready, please post it here as well. I urgently need it to send to Porsche Club and others. Thanx.:headbang:

:salute::notworthy: Will do, Sir.

richieacc
08-11-2013, 03:56 PM
I've got about 1mm, and due to a fever sore on my chin, have not shaved all week. I feel like a grizzly bear... or, at least as grizzly as you can be with 1mm of hair on your face.

EsioTrot
08-11-2013, 11:17 PM
Did any of you do the DAREDevil run at St Stithians or any of the other venues around the country today? It was lots of fun!

Hover Ho'
11-11-2013, 06:11 AM
Did any of you do the DAREDevil run at St Stithians or any of the other venues around the country today? It was lots of fun!

Not :pale: me :pale:

Tell us more? And PS - some of those bodies shouldn't be shown to kids under 18 :shock: Or in fact, ANYbody :sad1:

richieacc
11-11-2013, 09:40 AM
The order form for the braai packs, salads, etc, can be found at http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?67130-Movember-Think-Bike-Food-Order-Form

EsioTrot
11-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Not :pale: me :pale:

Tell us more? And PS - some of those bodies shouldn't be shown to kids under 18 :shock: Or in fact, ANYbody :sad1:

Thats just what my daughter keeps telling me. :sad1:

Go to thier web site to find out more about this.

http://www.daredevilrun.com

The order form for the braai packs, salads, etc, can be found at http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?67130-Movember-Think-Bike-Food-Order-Form

Good work Richie. Let us know how many orders you get.

Hover Ho'
11-11-2013, 11:33 AM
And here is the flyer for the event of 30 November. Please post to as many forums or other social media as you can!

Peterv
11-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Mrsv & me @ a Movember themed quiz evening70936

Hover Ho'
13-11-2013, 05:43 AM
We have 50 members in the team!

Peterv
13-11-2013, 10:08 AM
I just realised I have to renew by drivers licence before the 20th. So I'll have a Movember reminder for the next 5 years.

Hover Ho'
15-11-2013, 10:21 AM
We have secured Honda Stoneridge as our East starting point :dance:

Now all we need is a starting point out West. Does anybody have any ideas of where we can start, similar to the Bavarian and now Honda points? Bavarian is sponsoring muffins and coffee and McSack :notworthy: is sponsoring the muffins and coffee at Honda :salute: So if anybody can give us a similar one out West it would be just :sun:

Hover Ho'
16-11-2013, 03:58 AM
Even famous astronauts mustache questions :badgrin:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/astronaut-chris-hadfield-stars-movember-clip-135835606.html?vp=1#QPIhpel

Pirate
19-11-2013, 10:22 AM
So my progress is mentioned on the Movember team page... Please read it (link is in my signature) and laugh at my expense... And then go create awareness (or raise funds. We could do with some money)!!!!!!!

Hover Ho'
21-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Updated Movember flyer. Please spread it far and wide!

Aquaman
21-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Updated Movember flyer. Please spread it far and wide!
Thanks H`H! Will repost to all media thinghy`s .

JumpIn
28-11-2013, 08:18 AM
update: this is what I look like at the mo. (pun intended) my wife is telling me she can't wait for her husband to come back... ;-) no nookie till the mo goes... :-(71213

JumpIn
04-12-2013, 09:04 AM

Cubby
01-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Its that time again, anybody keen to do a Thinkbike team again?