PDA

View Full Version : Think Bike with SA Biking Academy on Kyalami - 30 June.

Pages : [1] 2

AMZ
17-05-2013, 01:21 PM
We (well, more the Réhann than we) are in the process of arranging a track day at Kyalami with Clinton Pienaar of SA Biking Academy. The basic details are:

- Cost R600 (This is R200 discount on the normal price with Clinton).
- Possible dates: 30 June or 28 July.
- Program: Not fixed yet. Possibly short theory session, then lots of track time.
- Classes: Will be the normal A, B and C with the possibility of a D-Class for noobs and small bikes.
- Clinton will supply some instructors, with Think Bike supplying the rest. (The normal old farts).

We will provide more details in the future, but Clinton (the barsteward) is not available for a few weeks as he is in Europe for the Isle of Man. In the meantime, please indicate your interest.

This is only for paid up members.

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
-
-
-
-
-

Riders with class preferential and bikes size:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

RandomGRK
17-05-2013, 02:43 PM
We (well, more the Réhann than we) are in the process of arranging a track day at Kyalami with Clinton Pienaar of SA Biking Academy. The basic details are:

- Program: Not fixed yet. Possibly short theory session, then lots of track time.
- Classes: Will be the normal A, B and C with the possibility of a D-Class for noobs and small bikes.
- Clinton will supply some instructors, with Think Bike supplying the rest. (The normal old farts).

We will provide more details in the future, but Clinton (the barsteward) is not available for a few weeks as he is in Europe for the Isle of Man. In the meantime, please indicate your interest.

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
-
-
-
-
-

- RandomGRK Hornet 600 (will only make it if it's June, 28July I am overseas)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Crash
17-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Road Runner
17-05-2013, 02:45 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

- Gavinp - Class C - CBR 1000 RR
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

RandomGRK
17-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Lists are already mixed up.

Please add me.
RandomGRK - Class C - Hornet 600

Silvrav
17-05-2013, 03:34 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

- RandomGRK - Class C - Hornet 600
- Silvrav - Class C - CBR1000 - date dependant
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Speed Devil
17-05-2013, 03:40 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

- RandomGRK - Class C - Hornet 600 (will only make it if it's June, 28July I am overseas)
- Speed Devil - Class C - (28 July if my bike is back on the road by then)
-
-
-
-
-
-

tp007
17-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Maybe this is a silly question but will this be classified as a training even or track day? Reason for asking is my insurance excludes track days so I had to get special permission to do BMW's riding academy on Zwartkops. Would guess there might be others in the same boat....

Pyro
17-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Flip - I want in...

Noob run and Insurance though...

tazman
17-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Wish I had the money :wha: I'd love to attend

Takashi
17-05-2013, 05:09 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

- RandomGRK - Class C - Hornet 600 (will only make it if it's June, 28July I am overseas)
- Takashi - Class B - R1200GS ( a fast OMB )
-
-
-
-
-

xBlommiex
17-05-2013, 06:10 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

- xBlommiex - Class C - Hornet 600cc ( How will I know I am signing up for the right class?)
-
-
-
-

AMZ
17-05-2013, 06:30 PM
It is a SA Biking Academy track day. sone insurance companies will cover for an extra premium. Will sort the detail as we go closer to time.

Phoenix
17-05-2013, 06:31 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

- xBlommiex - Class C - Hornet 600cc ( How will I know I am signing up for the right class?)
- Phoenix - R1- No idea of what class. Class C ?
-
-
-

colyvon
17-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

- Colyvon - Class C/D(I'm not very comfortable on the track) - CBF600
-
-

quincarroll
18-05-2013, 12:05 PM
I',m keen.

quincarroll ER6F... Ummmm D class?

Would it be ok for my wife (pro photographer) to come take photos if she is available?

Riaanhar
18-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Sorry but me and a couple of NC owners invaded Kyalami today so it might never be the same again :evil4:.

Rizla
19-05-2013, 08:17 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

- Rizla - GSXR 1000 (Class C if in June)
-

RandomGRK
19-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Hmmm... I see a lot of people with much more riding experience than me going C class. Maybe I should go for D and if I feel comfortable I'll bump up a class to C.

Ashley
19-05-2013, 08:35 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

- AshleyHay - CBX250 - Class D (for small bikes . . . if this possibility pans out)

Pyro
19-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Hmmm... I see a lot of people with much more riding experience than me going C class. Maybe I should go for D and if I feel comfortable I'll bump up a class to C.

I rode D the first time. If you've never been on track, it's probably good enough. C is just experienced D ;)

RandomGRK
19-05-2013, 09:49 PM
I rode D the first time. If you've never been on track, it's probably good enough. C is just experienced D ;)

I did the BMW proficiency which ends off with a quite a few laps and a mini track day.

Question, in C, do you get a slow lap or 2 with Marshals to familiarise yourself?

Rizla
20-05-2013, 12:14 AM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

-

oopppsss.... I missed the part about members only.....
Admin - please remove my post....

Crash
20-05-2013, 03:21 AM
Do the math sir...
TB membership R190.
Discount on this one track day R200.

Benefits of training, priceless.

AMZ
20-05-2013, 06:11 AM

You are welcome to join. The discount is for members only.

DeTour
20-05-2013, 08:13 AM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
-
-
-
-

- DeTour - CBR600F - Class D if in July (In Lesotho in June, and depended on wheter if I will need track day insurance for this).

theRéhann
20-05-2013, 08:46 AM

Your name is going nowhere...

theRéhann
20-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Would it be ok for my wife (pro photographer) to come take photos if she is available?

I will find out from Clinton. There used to be issues about photographers because the "owner" of the track day has an official photographer.

Will let you know once I have spoken to Clinton.

theRéhann
20-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Question, in C, do you get a slow lap or 2 with Marshals to familiarise yourself?

We hope to have small-ish TB groups, each with their own instructor. You go out in groups, your instructor leading, showing turning points and lines through corners, two or three laps and then thge instructor falls back and looks at how you ride.

You will get the speech on the day as well, but this is not about speed, it is about confidence and being smooth. Because smooth is always safe.

And of course, smooth is also fast... :twisted:

theRéhann
20-05-2013, 09:45 AM
SA Biking Academy / Think Bike Track Day

Discount is only for paid-up members.

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger
-
-
-

- DeTour - CBR600F - Class D if in July (In Lesotho in June, and depended on wheter if I will need track day insurance for this).

theRéhann
20-05-2013, 09:47 AM
As far as classes are concerned, don't stress too much about signing youself into a corner yet. There will be continuous monitoring and you will be moved into the class you should be.

The only prerequisite from our side is that you attend every classroom session, notwithstanding the class you're in.

Rizla
20-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Do the math sir...
TB membership R190.
Discount on this one track day R200.

Benefits of training, priceless.

I was thinking of paying for membership anyway at some point.
Now I can pay, get memebership, go to trackdays and have fun.
For everything else - Master Card.... :)
Can someone be so king and PM me banking details to pay my memebrship please....?

colyvon
20-05-2013, 10:03 AM
I was thinking of paying for membership anyway at some point.
Now I can pay, get memebership, go to trackdays and have fun.
For everything else - Master Card.... :)
Can someone be so king and PM me banking details to pay my memebrship please....?

http://thinkbike.co.za/2012/index.php/join/membership/newmem

Hover Ho'
20-05-2013, 10:52 AM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger
- Hover Ho' (on 28 July, June is Noob Run)
-
-

theRéhann
20-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Looks like we have no choice in dates here...

702-Walk-the-Talk is on 28 July.

quincarroll
20-05-2013, 11:07 AM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger
-
-

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but...

How about charging the Full R800 for non members, and including the first year's membership as part of the deal?

theRéhann
20-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but...

How about charging the Full R800 for non members, and including the first year's membership as part of the deal?

That's not a bad idea at all.

Last year we did more or less this, but with the BMW Rider Academy at Zwartkops Raceway. The problem with that was that Think Bike had to book and pay for the day upfront and then recoup the costs from attendants. I don't think we "lost" any money on it, it is after all an investment in riding safety, but it meant we had to take quite a chunk of cash out of the cashflow to book the venue.

With SA Biking Academy Think Bike has no risk and no exposure to risk. Attendants pay SABA direct, with a copy to us so that we can confirm membership to them. However, if you want to do it this way and save on making two payments, I am sure we can bribe SmartTart to do the extra payment stuff.

But you will have to come up with a bribe that includes stuff like tequila...

quincarroll
20-05-2013, 11:24 AM
That's not a bad idea at all.

Last year we did more or less this, but with the BMW Rider Academy at Zwartkops Raceway. The problem with that was that Think Bike had to book and pay for the day upfront and then recoup the costs from attendants. I don't think we "lost" any money on it, it is after all an investment in riding safety, but it meant we had to take quite a chunk of cash out of the cashflow to book the venue.

With SA Biking Academy Think Bike has no risk and no exposure to risk. Attendants pay SABA direct, with a copy to us so that we can confirm membership to them. However, if you want to do it this way and save on making two payments, I am sure we can bribe SmartTart to do the extra payment stuff.

But you will have to come up with a bribe that includes stuff like tequila...

I'm not opposed to making two payments. I just thought that, as it stands now, you have to be a member to join in on the track day. I was thinking that that might make non-members think that it's too much trouble to come.

theRéhann
20-05-2013, 11:30 AM
I'm not opposed to making two payments. I just thought that, as it stands now, you have to be a member to join in on the track day. I was thinking that that might make non-members think that it's too much trouble to come.

Kewl, it is a very nice idea!

Hover Ho'
20-05-2013, 11:31 AM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger
-
-

- AlexS - Triumph 675 Daytona - Class D/C

AMZ
20-05-2013, 11:31 AM

Becoming a member is pretty much painless. Complete an online form, make EFT and voila! You could more than your annual membership fee on the lit you just bought. So ... when can we expect to see your online form coming in? ;-)

Speed Devil
22-05-2013, 03:40 PM
AMZ, as part of the training at Kyalami, can the instructors help us with suspension setup?

Seeing as we will be on the track and doing the same corners over and over it will help to get a feel of when the suspension is right.

Stranger
22-05-2013, 04:06 PM
AMZ, as part of the training at Kyalami, can the instructors help us with suspension setup?

Seeing as we will be on the track and doing the same corners over and over it will help to get a feel of when the suspension is right.

AH, you do know that it is usually a cheap spring on the Triumph and that there are many complaints about the back end on the track on the Sprint.

WBro
22-05-2013, 04:53 PM
AH, you do know that it is usually a cheap spring on the Triumph and that there are many complaints about the back end on the track on the Sprint.

I had to travel from Kyalami to Beafort West to get my suspension adjusted. You have only to go to Kyalami....

AMZ
22-05-2013, 05:12 PM
I had to travel from Kyalami to Beafort West to get my suspension adjusted. You have only to go to Kyalami....

I press a button on my handle bar.

WBro
22-05-2013, 05:13 PM
I press a button on my handle bar.

My bike presses my buttons all the time!

AMZ
22-05-2013, 05:14 PM

I don't know if they will be able to or have time. We will have to ask.

Stranger
22-05-2013, 05:15 PM
My bike presses my buttons all the time!

The Goose pressed all my buttons

Stranger
22-05-2013, 05:15 PM

bring your manual and tools, will see what I can do.

CycleJunkie
23-05-2013, 02:20 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger
-
-

- AlexS - Triumph 675 Daytona - Class D/C
- CycleJunkie - Suzuki DR 650 - No idea of class (could be I have none?) Preferred Date 28 July

theRéhann
23-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Post 35:
Looks like we have no choice in dates here...

702-Walk-the-Talk is on 28 July.

So...
...- Possible dates: 30 June or 28 July.
...- Hover Ho' (on 28 July, June is Noob Run)
...- RandomGRK - Class C - Hornet 600 (will only make it if it's June, 28July I am overseas)
...- Silvrav - Class C - CBR1000 - date dependant
...- Speed Devil - Class C - (28 July if my bike is back on the road by then)
... - Rizla - GSXR 1000 (Class C if in June)
...- DeTour - CBR600F - Class D if in July (In Lesotho in June, and depended on wheter if I will need track day insurance for this).
...- CycleJunkie - Suzuki DR 650 - No idea of class (could be I have none?) Preferred Date 28 July

The date will be Sunday 30 June. :roll2:

Speed Devil
23-05-2013, 05:26 PM
The date will be Sunday 30 June. :roll2:

Thanks Rehann

Let's hope I have my bike back in time:grin:

theRéhann
23-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks Rehann

Let's hope I have my bike back in time:grin:

I really hope you do. There is nothing as frustrating as having to wait for repairs to your baby...

theRéhann
23-05-2013, 05:36 PM
SA Biking Academy / Think Bike Track Day - 30 June - Kyalami

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger
-
-

Class B
- Takashi - R1200GS (a fast OMB)

Class C
- Gavinp - Honda CBR 1000 RR
- RandomGRK - Honda Hornet 600
- Silvrav - Honda CBR1000
- Speed Devil - Triumph Sprint GT
- xBlommiex - Honda Hornet 600cc
- Phoenix - Yamaha R1
- Colyvon - Honda CBF600
- Rizla - Suzuki GSXR 1000
- AlexS - Triumph 675 Daytona

Please check dates:
- DeTour - CBR600F (In Lesotho in June, and depended on wheter if I will need track day insurance for this).
- CycleJunkie - Suzuki DR 650 - No idea of class (could be I have none?) Preferred Date 28 July
- Hover Ho'

colyvon
23-05-2013, 05:50 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger
-
-

Class B

Class C
- Phoenix - Yamaha R1

Please check dates:
- DeTour - CBR600F (In Lesotho in June, and depended on wheter if I will need track day insurance for this).
- Hover Ho'
I'm out. MTB race that day:roll4:

Hover Ho'
23-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Please check dates:
- Hover Ho' - I'm out for 30 June

fadiela
24-05-2013, 07:22 AM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger
-
-
-

- Fadiela - CBR600 - Class C/D not comfortable on track
- Binyameen - Honda 954 Class C - (will pay full price - not paid up member

McSack
24-05-2013, 07:49 AM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger
-
-

Class B

Class C
- Phoenix - Yamaha R1
- McSack - Triumph Sprint ST
- Binyameen - Honda 954 - (will pay full price - not paid up member)

Please check dates:

DeTour
24-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Out for 30th, going to play in the snow :thumbright:

Stranger
24-05-2013, 08:44 AM
For those of you who may be debating this, you will find that the Think Bike instructors will pay special attention to guys who have little or no experience on the track. The purpose of a track day as this is to improve your riding skills and falls fully in line with our mission of creating awareness and saving lives.

AMZ
24-05-2013, 08:56 AM
For those of you who may be debating this, you will find that the Think Bike instructors will pay special attention to guys who have little or no experience on the track. The purpose of a track day as this is to improve your riding skills and falls fully in line with our mission of creating awareness and saving lives.

Indeed. Thanks for mentioning Stranger. What is nice about a track day like this, is that the mal moere (mad maniacs) can go play in the higher classes, whil ethe smaller bikes and noobs can hang around in Class D, later possibly C with TB instructors in attendance.

greyman
24-05-2013, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=McSack;1048242]SA Biking Academy / Think Bike Track Day - 30 June - Kyalami

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger
-
-

Class B

Class C
- Phoenix - Yamaha R1

I am in:thumbright:
- greyman - HD883 - Class D

AMZ
24-05-2013, 10:26 AM

Why not become a member instead? One year membership is R190. Total will then be R600 for track day + R190 membership = R790. Still ten bucks cheaper than a normal track day.

Stranger
24-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Why not become a member instead? One year membership is R190. Total will then be R600 for track day + R190 membership = R790. Still ten bucks cheaper than a normal track day.

and your membership will get you discounts for your new tyres that you will scrub off on the track. oh and those new 1 piece leathers that you will want, oh and those track boots and those new gloves with the carbon knuckles........ and ........ and....... and :badgrin:

AMZ
24-05-2013, 10:47 AM
and your membership will get you discounts for your new tyres that you will scrub off on the track. oh and those new 1 piece leathers that you will want, oh and those track boots and those new gloves with the carbon knuckles........ and ........ and....... and :badgrin:

Presaklie! It is a deal you cannot say no to! :thumbright:

quincarroll
24-05-2013, 10:49 AM
I just paid my TB membership... Can I please be included on 30 June.

quincarroll ER6F Class D?

AMZ
24-05-2013, 10:50 AM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger
-
-

Class B

Class C
- Phoenix - Yamaha R1

Class D:
- greyman - HD883 - Class D
- quincarroll - ER6F - Class D

Stranger
24-05-2013, 11:00 AM
As promised, I will personally pay special attention to the class D riders. :thumbright:

AMZ
24-05-2013, 11:06 AM
As promised, I will personally pay special attention to the class D riders. :thumbright:

Now you gone an scared them all away! :gkim2:

Crash
24-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanx Stranger...
Also for those worried about instructors 'racing off into the sunset'... I'll be on my DRZ400 with knobbly tyres... so won't be getting my knee down this time *grin*

TB track days are awesome for beginners...
We'll spend some time in the classroom... then we'll split you up into manageable groups and will evaluate each and every one of you.

You will have a dedicated instructor with your group and will move you to a more appropriate group through the day, should it be deemed necessary :)

Each bike gets a scrutineers sticker and group sticker.
You need to make sure your tyres are good, brakes working, throttle works fine and a bunch of other safety features :)

In D & C, you MUST have a Helmet, jacket, gloves, riding pants and boots that cover the ankle bone.
In B & A, you MUST wear leather

To help you decide which group you should be...

A is the advanced speedfreak guys (not the wannabe's) - those who can like to RACE on the track and get a knee down on just about every turn...

B is the 'fast guys' who have spent some time on the track already...
Overtaking on straights and on the OUTSIDE of a corner only.
Usually minimum engine size 600cc

C is the 'refresher group' or for guys who have experience riding on the road, but not on the track...
Usually minimum engine size 400cc
Overtaking on straights only and on the EXIT of a corner

D is for the beginners and smaller bikes
Overtaking on straights only - with a wide gap

Shout if you have more questions

quincarroll
24-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Now you gone an scared them all away! :gkim2:

I see you are really corny. We will get along just fine :)

Diggler
24-05-2013, 11:13 AM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger

Class B

Class C
- Phoenix - Yamaha R1

Class D:
- Fadiela - CBR600
- greyman - HD883
- quincarroll - ER6F
- diggler - cbx250

Ashley
24-05-2013, 12:16 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger

Class B

Class C
- Phoenix - Yamaha R1

Class D:
- Fadiela - CBR600
- greyman - HD883
- quincarroll - ER6F
- diggler - cbx250
- AshleyHay - CBX250

Ashley
24-05-2013, 02:34 PM
In D & C, you MUST have a Helmet, jacket, gloves, riding pants and boots that cover the ankle bone.

Are proper riding pants essential? I know the risk of not having them, and know I really should, but just don't have the cash to get some right now (or in time for this track day).

AMZ
24-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Are proper riding pants essential? I know the risk of not having them, and know I really should, but just don't have the cash to get some right now (or in time for this track day).

It is usually a requirement for the top classes only.

Crash
24-05-2013, 05:03 PM
What size are you?

I've got a pair of Razor jeans hanging in my cupboard... they 'nearly' fit me :occasion5:

Phoenix
24-05-2013, 06:09 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger

Class B

Class C
- Phoenix - Yamaha R1
- Wave-Ryder - Suzuki SV1000s

Class D:
- Fadiela - CBR600
- greyman - HD883
- quincarroll - ER6F
- diggler - cbx250
- AshleyHay - CBX250

Speed Devil
24-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Sorry Rehann. Unfortunately I just realised that the noob run is on the same day and seeing as I committed to that event first I will support it if my bike is back in time.....either way I will still be having fun....just at a slower pace:D

RandomGRK
24-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Is this open to all? I have two people at work who may be interested.

Speed Devil
24-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Is this open to all? I have two people at work who may be interested.

Yes, but they will have to pay full price.

See previous posts about joining fees for TB:cool:

RandomGRK
24-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Yes, but they will have to pay full price.

See previous posts about joining fees for TB:cool:

Ok great, I saw those but just wanted to be sure that people who weren't even part of the forum can join.

Are there a specific amount of spots open? A cut off?

Ashley
25-05-2013, 09:03 AM
What size are you?

I've got a pair of Razor jeans hanging in my cupboard... they 'nearly' fit me :occasion5:

Comfortable 34 - sometimes a 32 depending on the cut/make

Crash
25-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Perfect!
Sorted then :)

AMZ
25-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Ok great, I saw those but just wanted to be sure that people who weren't even part of the forum can join.

Are there a specific amount of spots open? A cut off?

This is. a special. for TB Members. Non members are welcome to join, but why pay a private for profit organisation R800 if you can pay that company R600 and a good cause and not for profit company R190? Get them to join.

No cut-off at this stage, but if it comes up, TB Members will be preferential.

Ashley
28-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Perfect!
Sorted then :)

:salute: Thanks! Will send PM.

Crash
28-05-2013, 09:50 AM
:salute: Thanks! Will bring beer.

Fixed :)

Ashley
28-05-2013, 09:55 AM
That too ... :occasion5:

Derrick
28-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Just confirmed with OUTSURANCE, (who I am insured with) that I am not covered for "training" on the track.
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/smiley-face-swearing.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)
The additional cover will cost me R160-00 per month for a whole year. That equates to R 1920-00 to insure my bike for a days training at Kyalami.

This makes it prohibitive for me.

Does any one know of an insurer who will do cover at a reasonable rate for the one day only ?

quincarroll
28-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Just confirmed with OUTSURANCE, (who I am insured with) that I am not covered for "training" on the track.
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/smiley-face-swearing.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)
The additional cover will cost me R160-00 per month for a whole year. That equates to R 1920-00 to insure my bike for a days training at Kyalami.

Does any one know of an insurer who will do cover at a reasonable rate for the one day only ?

I have my bike insured through Sceptre, and I just have to let them know, with two days notice to give them time to confirm cover, when I am attending a track day. There is an additional excess of R3000 for the track days. I'm waiting for them to get back to me about whether there is an addition to the premium or not. Will let you know either way.

AMZ
28-05-2013, 11:30 AM

Strange!? Outsurance told me in the past and I used it, that you add the "track training" insurance to your policy for one month, then after a month cancel it. Total paid for the month (track day if you like) on my bike, R135.00.

quincarroll
28-05-2013, 11:30 AM

I just had confirmation... There is no change to my premium. Just the additional excess of R3000. Policy is underwritten by Zurich.

Pyro
28-05-2013, 11:34 AM
I just had confirmation... There is no change to my premium. Just the additional excess of R3000. Policy is underwritten by Zurich.

Yet my broker repeatedly said they won't give me track cover.

Tapatalked from my S2

AMZ
28-05-2013, 11:35 AM

Tapatalked from my S2

Whatever you do, make sure it is done in writing.

quincarroll
28-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Whatever you do, make sure it is done in writing.

Does an e-mail count as "in writing"?

quincarroll
28-05-2013, 11:45 AM

Tapatalked from my S2

Who are you insured through?

My insurance won't insure for class "A" though.

Pyro
28-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Who are you insured through?

My insurance won't insure for class "A" though.

OneWay Insurance, underwritten by Zurich. I specified in the past that I want cover specifically for C/D and through schools, and have repeatedly been told no.
I fired off another email to confirm, if they say no again, I'm getting the Honda a new policy.

AnibugZA
28-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Is the Track Day confirmed for 30 June?

AMZ
28-05-2013, 12:16 PM
OneWay Insurance and/or Specre Insurance, even if both are, underwritten by Zurich could have different scheme rules.

Hobbes
28-05-2013, 03:47 PM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger

Class B

Class C
- Phoenix - Yamaha R1

Class D:
- Fadiela - CBR600
- greyman - HD883
- quincarroll - ER6F
- diggler - cbx250
- AshleyHay - CBX250
- Hobbes - GSR600

Honda Sure cover training:notworthy:

Derrick
28-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Strange!? Outsurance told me in the past and I used it, that you add the "track training" insurance to your policy for one month, then after a month cancel it. Total paid for the month (track day if you like) on my bike, R135.00.
Thanks AMZ, I'll give that a try.

Speed Devil
28-05-2013, 10:00 PM

Tapatalked from my S2

Give Santam a call.

I have my house contents and vehicles innsured with them.

When I wanted to do the last training day at Swartkops they said it was ok to go on the track as long as I did not do it for prize money.

Pm me for a few tips on insuring with Santam:cool:

theRéhann
29-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Is the Track Day confirmed for 30 June?

Yes, it has been confirmed for Sunday 30 June at Kyalami.

Goosiwe
29-05-2013, 08:41 AM

Instructors:

- theRéhann
- AMZ
- Crash
- Stranger

Class B

Class C
- Phoenix - Yamaha R1
- Goosiwe - Kawasaki ZX6R

Class D:
- Fadiela - CBR600
- greyman - HD883
- quincarroll - ER6F
- diggler - cbx250
- AshleyHay - CBX250
- Hobbes - GSR600
- Dale - Ducati 748 (non member)

theRéhann
29-05-2013, 08:44 AM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. Crash
4. Stranger

Class B
1. Takashi - R1200GS (a fast OMB)

Class C
1. Gavinp - Honda CBR 1000 RR
2. RandomGRK - Honda Hornet 600
3. Silvrav - Honda CBR1000
4. Speed Devil - Triumph Sprint GT
5. xBlommiex - Honda Hornet 600cc
6. Phoenix - Yamaha R1
7. Rizla - Suzuki GSXR 1000
8. AlexS - Triumph 675 Daytona
9. McSack - Triumph Sprint ST
10. Binyameen - Honda 954 - (will pay full price - not paid up member)
11. Wave-Ryder - Suzuki SV1000s
12. Goosiwe - Kawasaki ZX6R

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600
7. Dale - Ducati 748 (non member)

Crash
29-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Yes, it has been confirmed for Sunday 30 June at Kyalami.
Dammit dammit dammit dammit...
I can't attend *sob!*

I have been a company function on that weekend *argh*!

theRéhann
29-05-2013, 01:05 PM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class B

Class C
2. RandomGRK - Honda Hornet 600
3. Silvrav - Honda CBR1000
4. Speed Devil - Triumph Sprint GT
5. xBlommiex - Honda Hornet 600cc
6. Phoenix - Yamaha R1
7. Rizla - Suzuki GSXR 1000
8. AlexS - Triumph 675 Daytona
9. McSack - Triumph Sprint ST
10. Binyameen - Honda 954 - (will pay full price - not paid up member)
11. Wave-Ryder - Suzuki SV1000s
12. Goosiwe - Kawasaki ZX6R

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600

RandomGRK
29-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class B

Class C
2. Silvrav - Honda CBR1000
3. Speed Devil - Triumph Sprint GT
4. xBlommiex - Honda Hornet 600cc
5. Phoenix - Yamaha R1
6. Rizla - Suzuki GSXR 1000
7. AlexS - Triumph 675 Daytona
8. McSack - Triumph Sprint ST
9. Binyameen - Honda 954 - (will pay full price - not paid up member)
10. Wave-Ryder - Suzuki SV1000s
11. Goosiwe - Kawasaki ZX6R

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600
8. RandomGRK - Hornet 600

I moved myself to D class with a view to move up when I am more comfortable, probably second session.

Oisin
29-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Got a Ducati St3s, full licence, insured for track. Give some guidance as to what level one should start at. Been riding for 5 years and done SQR intermediate at Gerotec.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

theRéhann
29-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Guys, let's not get too hanged up on which class we book ourselves in. I reckon we will all ride in one group, at the very least in the first session. That will be the same as an entry in Class D. Basically no passing.

We will divide the TB guys and gals into groups so that we have no more than say six riders to an instructor. And there will be assessments immediately to move riders into better-suited groupings.

This is not going to be a "measuring" session. We are all going to learn on that day.

So don't stress for now. I appreciated the honesty and modesty that go with the changes and offers. :thumbright:

Crash
29-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Start in C-class to mainly just get comfortable with the bike and the track...

If you find yourself too fast for C-class, then ask to be moved to B.

dave31
29-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Is this going to be a TB day only or are you piggy backing on a SA Biking day?

theRéhann
29-05-2013, 03:06 PM

Nope, not TB only. Clinton offered us a special deal, but it's just an add-on to one of his track days.

AMZ
29-05-2013, 03:06 PM

Piggy backing.

Oisin
29-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks, please put me in C and will take it from there.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

theRéhann
29-05-2013, 03:51 PM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class B

Class C
5. Phoenix - Yamaha R1
12. Oisin - Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600

Derrick
29-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks AMZ spoke to a super @ Outsurance today, they confirmed what you were told.
Can we get an idea of what time the day will start and end and maybe some sort of agenda :wink3:

AMZ
29-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks AMZ spoke to a super @ Outsurance today, they confirmed what you were told.
Can we get an idea of what time the day will start and end and maybe some sort of agenda :wink3:

No fixed yet. Probably 07:00 for 08:00, but will be confirmed closer to the time.

AGENDA:

08:00 - 09:00: Why I am the best rider ever - Réhann
09:00 - 10:00: Why I am a better rider than Réhann - Crash
10:00 - 17:00: Why I am the best rider of them all - Stranger
17:00 - 17:03: Demonstration on who is really the best rider - AMZ

Just kidding. The organiser, is at the Isle of Man, so finer detail will be resolved closer to the time.

Stranger
30-05-2013, 09:16 AM
No fixed yet. Probably 07:00 for 08:00, but will be confirmed closer to the time.

AGENDA:

Just kidding. The organiser, is at the Isle of Man, so finer detail will be resolved closer to the time.

Clever bastids: 10:00 to 17:00, guess I am doing all the work (again)

quincarroll
30-05-2013, 09:33 AM

AGENDA:

I seriously hope there will be time for me to get on the track with all the demonstrating that will be going on:pity:

theRéhann
30-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Clever bastids: 10:00 to 17:00, guess I am doing all the work (again)

AMZ, I told you he was quite clever for an inglishmin.

Derrick
30-05-2013, 10:07 AM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class B

Class C
5. Phoenix - Yamaha R1
12. Oisin - Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600
9. Derrick - Honda NC700

Oisin
05-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Suggest you put in a slot for theRehann to learn to spell the brand name of the world's best bikes.

theRéhann
05-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Suggest you put in a slot for theRehann to learn to spell the brand name of the world's best bikes.

I can spell the good ones real good:

B M W

T R I U M P H :thumbright:

Oisin
05-06-2013, 03:08 PM
I can spell the good ones real good:

B M W

T R I U M P H :thumbright:

Yeah, they're good, but not the best!:badgrin:

Silvrav
05-06-2013, 04:11 PM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class B

Class C
2. Silvrav - Honda CBR1000 - TBC and/or a GSA
5. Phoenix - Yamaha R1
12. Oisin - Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600
9. Derrick - Honda NC700

Pyro
05-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Insurance might be ready in time for this...

How much space is there?

theRéhann
05-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Insurance might be ready in time for this...

How much space is there?

Enough, don't worry.

Phoenix
06-06-2013, 04:31 PM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class B

Class C
12. Oisin - Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600
9. Derrick - Honda NC700

Phoenix
06-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Sorry have to work that weekend.

zx14
10-06-2013, 08:54 AM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A
The Pope - Aprilia RSV 1000 - When not instructing

Class B
2. ZX14 - Aprilia RSV1000

Class C
12. Oisin - Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600
9. Derrick - Honda NC700

RandomGRK
10-06-2013, 09:07 AM
I may have missed this but do we pay on the day?

Pyro
10-06-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm in.
Either C or D.

---

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C
12. Oisin - Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600
9. Derrick - Honda NC700
10. Pyro - CBR600F

theRéhann
10-06-2013, 10:09 AM
I may have missed this but do we pay on the day?

I am waiting to hear from Clinton, but you will either pay SA Biking Academy by EFT before the time, or on the day itself. I will report back after speaking to him.

But Think Bike will not be collecting money on behalf of SA Biking Academy.

Derrick
12-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Damn! Damn! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/angry-smiley-face-swearing-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)
Sorry, but I have to remove myself from the list. Hopefully there will be another later on in the year.

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C
12. Oisin - Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600
9. Pyro - CBR600F

theRéhann
12-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Damn! Damn! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/angry/angry-smiley-face-swearing-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)
Sorry, but I have to remove myself from the list. Hopefully there will be another later on in the year.

Derrick, safety (and therefore also training) is Think Bike's reason for being.
Therefore, if you guys want more of these, we will provide more of these. :thumbright:

theRéhann
12-06-2013, 03:21 PM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C
5. Rizla - Suzuki GSXR 1000
6. AlexS - Triumph 675 Daytona
7. McSack - Triumph Sprint ST
8. Binyameen - Honda 954 - (will pay full price - not paid up member)
9. Wave-Ryder - Suzuki SV1000s
10. Goosiwe - Kawasaki ZX6R
11. Oisin - Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600
9. Pyro - CBR600F

Gelmir
13-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Derrick, safety (and therefore also training) is Think Bike's reason for being.
Therefore, if you guys want more of these, we will provide more of these. :thumbright:

Most definitely! I can't join this one but will be super keen on doing this anither time!

Oisin
13-06-2013, 06:30 PM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C
11. Oisin - Ducati St3s 992cc

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600
9. Pyro - CBR600F
Fixed

theRéhann
13-06-2013, 09:40 PM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. AshleyHay - CBX250
6. Hobbes - GSR600
9. Pyro - CBR600F

Ashley
18-06-2013, 02:39 PM

Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
6. Dale - Ducati 748 (non member)
7. RandomGRK - Hornet 600
8. Pyro - CBR600F

F#$K! S$%T!
Sorry I have to withdraw from this event. Hopefully next time.

craig h
19-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A
Craig H - gixxer 1000

Class B

Class C

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
8. Pyro - CBR600F

theRéhann
19-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Update time:

I met with Clinton last week and he is very happy with the numbers we have. He will give Think Bike three pits to use as our parking area. We have been invited to put up a Think Bike stand and he will give us a coffee machine or urn (can't remember which) to keep our caffeine levels up.

He extended an invite to everyone on the forum to pop around and have a look, have some coffee and wet your appetite for participation.

There will be a Group D, but apparently a bunch of Harley riders have booked that solid. But he wants everyone to know that we will all be getting transponders so your lap time will be checked after eaach session. Faster riders will be moved into faster groups and we will keep the C Group safe and happy, so please don't stress about it.

You will pay your R800 (or R600 for members) directly to them via EFT and your name will already be on the list when you walk in. I will get bank details etc in time.

Remember that TB members will pay the price discounted by R200, so if you sign up for membership now, you will already make a R10 profit!

Pyro
19-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Update time:

I met with Clinton last week and he is very happy with the numbers we have. He will give Think Bike three pits to use as our parking area. We have been invited to put up a Think Bike stand and he will give us a coffee machine or urn (can't remember which) to keep our caffeine levels up.

He extended an invite to everyone on the forum to pop around and have a look, have some coffee and wet your appetite for participation.

There will be a Group D, but apparently a bunch of Harley riders have booked that solid. But he wants everyone to know that we will all be getting transponders so your lap time will be checked after eaach session. Faster riders will be moved into faster groups and we will keep the C Group safe and happy, so please don't stress about it.

You will pay your R800 (or R600 for members) directly to them via EFT and your name will already be on the list when you walk in. I will get bank details etc in time.

Remember that TB members will pay the price discounted by R200, so if you sign up for membership now, you will already make a R10 profit!

Cool. Last time I was there our group D didn't have transponders, so times were a guestimate.

theRéhann
19-06-2013, 12:43 PM
Cool. Last time I was there our group D didn't have transponders, so times were a guestimate.

No guestimates this time, Clinton is as serious about this as we are.

Stranger
19-06-2013, 03:24 PM
There will of course be guys who are not really interested in times and really want to improve riding skills, we will take that into account seriously as well. The smoother you get the quicker you will go.

theRéhann
19-06-2013, 04:19 PM
The transponders will make it clear who should be in a higher class. We want the guys who wanted to ride in Group D to feel safe in C.

Takashi
19-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Can I bring a pillion? Costs for her? Obviously I will be in a slower group with the pillion.

Stranger
19-06-2013, 04:28 PM
The transponders will make it clear who should be in a higher class. We want the guys who wanted to ride in Group D to feel safe in C.

:thumbright: Cool move

theRéhann
19-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Can I bring a pillion? Costs for her? Obviously I will be in a slower group with the pillion.

Will have to find out and let you know.

RandomGRK
19-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Will have to find out and let you know.

Ha...I should ride with the Harleys...My new bike which might be picked up that weekend will easily be the slowest but prettiest ;)

theRéhann
19-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Ha...I should ride with the Harleys...My new bike which might be picked up that weekend will easily be the slowest but prettiest ;)

With Harleys on the track, there is no way that any of us will have the slowest bike there!

Pyro
19-06-2013, 10:58 PM
With Harleys on the track, there is no way that any of us will have the slowest bike there!

Wait till you see his new toy ;)

quincarroll
20-06-2013, 05:56 AM
Wait till you see his new toy ;)

Whats it? A 50cc Iteljet?:dance::badgrin::dance:

theRéhann
24-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A
Craig H - gixxer 1000

Class B

Class C
11. Oisin - Ducati St3s 992cc aka Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
8. Pyro - CBR600F

Please give an indication if you are going to pop around for coffee at our huge stand and maybe hand out some pamphlets and stickers:

Silvrav
24-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A
Craig H - gixxer 1000

Class B

Class C
2. Speed Devil - Triumph Sprint GT
3. xBlommiex - Honda Hornet 600cc
4. Rizla - Suzuki GSXR 1000
5. AlexS - Triumph 675 Daytona
6. McSack - Triumph Sprint ST
7. Binyameen - Honda 954 - (will pay full price - not paid up member)
8. Wave-Ryder - Suzuki SV1000s
9. Goosiwe - Kawasaki ZX6R
10. Oisin - Ducati St3s 992cc aka Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
8. Pyro - CBR600F

Please give an indication if you are going to pop around for coffee at our huge stand and maybe hand out some pamphlets and stickers:

McSack
24-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Serious question:
Will there be bacon sammiches ?

theRéhann
24-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Serious question:

Not necessarily at the Think Bike stand, but I'm sure one of the take aways will have.

Pyro
24-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Not necessarily at the Think Bike stand, but I'm sure one of the take aways will have.

Not bacon, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Anat schwarma I chowed down last year.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

AMZ
24-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Serious question:

In my topbox. If you can catch me, you can have 'em. :gkim2:

Wave-Ryder
25-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A
Craig H - gixxer 1000

Class B

Class C
4. Rizla - Suzuki GSXR 1000
5. AlexS - Triumph 675 Daytona
6. McSack - Triumph Sprint ST
7. Binyameen - Honda 954 - (will pay full price - not paid up member)
8. Goosiwe - Kawasaki ZX6R
9. Oisin - Ducati St3s 992cc aka Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
8. Pyro - CBR600F

Rizla
25-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Sorry guy, I have to withdraw from this event.
Client moved project start date for this weekend....
That's my luck.....
I hope I will see you all at the next event soon.

theRéhann
25-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I hope I will see you all at the next event soon.

:thumbright:

theRéhann
25-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A
Craig H - gixxer 1000

Class B

Class C
4. AlexS - Triumph 675 Daytona
5. McSack - Triumph Sprint ST
6. Binyameen - Honda 954 - (will pay full price - not paid up member)
7. Goosiwe - Kawasaki ZX6R
8. Oisin - Ducati St3s 992cc aka Ducrapi

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
8. Pyro - CBR600F

quincarroll
25-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Update time:

Do you have the banking details for us yet?

I can't wait!!!:dance:

theRéhann
25-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Do you have the banking details for us yet?

I can't wait!!!:dance:

No, sorry. Will follow up with a phone call a little later to get them moving.

craig h
26-06-2013, 02:50 PM
I am out , enjoy ....

theRéhann
26-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
8. Pyro - CBR600F

1. WD

SuperDave
26-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C
9. SuperDave - Honda XRV 750 (Africa Twin) will pay membership fee and R600

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
8. Pyro - CBR600F

1. WD

xBlommiex
27-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Hi guys,

What time does this start and what time should we be there? I could not find a time in this thread :scratch:

Oisin
27-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Hi guys,

What time does this start and what time should we be there? I could not find a time in this thread :scratch:

Location too please. I know it's Kayalami but exactly where?
Bike is in for service and new tyres. They promised Friday. Holding thumbs there is no delay.

theRéhann
27-06-2013, 10:19 AM
Allrighty then, update time again.

Please make payment directly to:

SA Biking Academy
FNB (254-005)
Acc no 62-023-249-148

Deposit reference is your name and TB in brackets, eg: Réhann (TB)

Please complete the attached form and fax it and the proof of payment to 086 515 8212.

I see the form says the fee is R850, but in our meeting Clinton told me R800 or R600 for members. So, if you're not a member, I guess you will have to pay R850. But for members, I feel we stick to the agreed-upon R600.

Please also mail me once you've made payment? I would like to keep a checklist for Sunday. You can also pay on Sunday with a card, but you're going to queue for quite a while and might miss out on some fun.

The venue is the Kyalami race track. If you haven't been to a trackday before, it really is simple. Enter at the gate on the R55 and take the first left, passing to the south and slightly below the track. Enter through the tunnel, up the hill. Pass the first entry on the right, go the second one on the right and follow the road towards the pit area.

We are getting three pits for Think Bike, so park and walk in and come see where we are setting up. Then bring your bike in and park it in our area. Please remember the golden rule of race tracks: traffic in the pit lane is ALWAYS one-way! If you tootle up the wrong way, mean marshals will send you home...

To set up, I will have to be there just before 7, but I'm sure it would be cool if you got there around 8. I think class starts at 8:30 or so. But remember, the sooner you get there, the quiqker you will be comfortable with your surrounds. Also, your bike must be scrutineered and passed for access to the track and that can also take some time.

If you get lost or are unsure of where to go, please feel free to call me on oh-7-too, 6-too-6, double-3, double-too.

On a serious note...

A track day can be incredibly intimidating - particularly your first one. You feel like you are the only one on a bike with training wheels and everyone else is a national racer. And, to be honest, standing at the pit wall while the Group A maniacs come flying down the straight can be a harrowing experience.

That is why we're doing this track day this way. We want you to enjoy this day; this must be the first of many track days for you!

Very few of us will become real racers and, while you will definitely be way faster on Monday than you were on Friday, the idea is to teach safer riding in the safest environment possible:

No traffic, which means no mommy in a big SUV on her phone weaving all over the place
no oncoming traffic
actually, no cars at all
no white lines you shouldn't cross
marshals looking after you
etc

Now look at the list of TB instructors. Not only are we incredibly attractive and, if I say so myself, incredibly sexy. We are old farts. To make you feel better about that, let me remind you of the saying: There are old bikers and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers. We are complete pains-in-the-**** when it comes to safety. And we want to see more bikers out there. More than that, we want to see more safe bikers out there.

We want to assist in keeping you safe and comfortable on the road. We might not be the fastest around the track, but we are pretty smooth and safe.

So, if you have any lingering doubts or fears, you are not unique. But believe me when I say you will enjoy the day and leave that track a better, smoother, safer rider.

If you have any further questions (and please remember that there are no stupid questions), please feel free to post them here, or PM one of the four old farts on the list.

AMZ
27-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Now look at the list of TB instructors. Not only are we incredibly attractive and, if I say so myself, incredibly sexy. We are old farts. To make you feel better about that, let me remind you of the saying: There are old bikers and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers. We are complete pains-in-the-**** when it comes to safety. And we want to see more bikers out there. More than that, we want to see more safe bikers out there.

We want to assist in keeping you safe and comfortable on the road. We might not be the fastest around the track, but we are pretty smooth and safe.

So, if you have any lingering doubts or fears, you are not unique. But believe me when I say you will enjoy the day and leave that track a better, smoother, safer rider.

If you have any further questions (and please remember that there are no stupid questions), please feel free to post them here, or PM one of the four old farts on the list.

+1000!

Join us guys and guyettes. Just the word "track" scares me silly, but once on it, with other like minded riders and incredibly handsome, sexy instructors such as theRéhann around, it does become an awesome learning with fun experience.

quincarroll
27-06-2013, 11:48 AM
+1000!

Join us guys and guyettes. Just the word "track" scares me silly, but once on it, with other like minded riders and incredibly handsome, sexy instructors such as theRéhann around, it does become an awesome learning with fun experience.

My booking has been confirmed by SA Biking :dance:

See you all there

:useless:

RandomGRK
27-06-2013, 12:13 PM
will have to pull out (that's what she said:D)

Riding back from Durbs on Sunday. I might pull through and say hi though.

theRéhann
27-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C
9. SuperDave - Honda XRV 750 (Africa Twin) will pay membership fee and R600

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
7. Pyro - CBR600F

1. WD

quincarroll
27-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
7. Pyro - CBR600F

At this rate I'm going to be the only one in group "D" :wha::dontknow::wha:

theRéhann
27-06-2013, 12:48 PM
At this rate I'm going to be the only one in group "D" :wha::dontknow::wha:

Here's a shocker for you... You are not going to be in Group D. That group is full of Harleys. But don't worry, because you are in safe hands.

quincarroll
27-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Here's a shocker for you... You are not going to be in Group D. That group is full of Harleys. But don't worry, because you are in safe hands.

Hehe... not much of a shock. I read about the HD's and expected it.

I know I'm in safe hands:notworthy:, and I know (read hope:help:) I'm not going to do anything I don't feel safe doing.:newb:

I'm still super excited:yay:

theRéhann
27-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Hehe... not much of a shock. I read about the HD's and expected it.

I know I'm in safe hands:notworthy:, and I know (read hope:help:) I'm not going to do anything I don't feel safe doing.:newb:

I'm still super excited:yay:

That's the attitude! :headbang:

AnibugZA
27-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Hoping to sort out my insurance today still, so hopefully you'll see me on Sunday.

Is there anything that we need to know about prepping our bikes for riding on a track that is different to riding on the road? Or anything we need to know about what we'll be checked against by the Scrutineers that might DQ us from riding on the track? Don't want to pay R600 and get to the track and for some unknown reason get refused access to the circuit.

My bike is a regular road bike, in all working order, flickiticators and mirrors and all.
Will we need special tyres? Will the track destroy my almost-still-new Michelin Pilot tyres? Do I need to budget for new tyres after the track day?

theRéhann
27-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Hoping to sort out my insurance today still, so hopefully you'll see me on Sunday.

Is there anything that we need to know about prepping our bikes for riding on a track that is different to riding on the road? Or anything we need to know about what we'll be checked against by the Scrutineers that might DQ us from riding on the track? Don't want to pay R600 and get to the track and for some unknown reason get refused access to the circuit.

My bike is a regular road bike, in all working order, flickiticators and mirrors and all.
Will we need special tyres? Will the track destroy my almost-still-new Michelin Pilot tyres? Do I need to budget for new tyres after the track day?

If your bike is roadworthy, it won't be an issue. We will assist in changing tyre pressure, setting suspension, etc.

The track is about 4km long, sessions are 20 minutes. If you manage 150km on the day, you would've done well. So don't worry too much about tyre wear, it will mostly be on the edge in any case - the chicken strips.

Stranger
27-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Ani, the track will actually do your tyres good as the wear is more even and goes a long way to prevent premature squaring. Plus you will not be hitting track record speeds or cornering at high lean angles, so no worries

Rainier Vermaak
27-06-2013, 02:10 PM
1. WD
2. Rainier - will take some foties

Would actually have liked to scrape off my foot-boards.:grin:

AMZ
27-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Would actually have liked to scrape off my foot-boards.:grin:

It can be arranged, but you must bring your own grinder and set of files! ;-)

Pyro
27-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Can't we email that form? Our fax machine at work seems a bit hardegat, as always, when sending to the 086 number.

Made the payment though...

Pyro
27-06-2013, 02:16 PM

The only wear I had on the sides of my tyres was probably from my last stint around Kyalami.
It's a thorough workout, but your bike will probably be less stressed about it than you ;)

Also - indicators and mirrors aren't needed for the track.

quincarroll
27-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Can't we email that form? Our fax machine at work seems a bit hardegat, as always, when sending to the 086 number.

Made the payment though...

I sent mine to info at sabiking dot co dot za.

Rainier Vermaak
27-06-2013, 02:27 PM
It can be arranged, but you must bring your own grinder and set of files! ;-)

No sir, with 450kg total weight and 145mm ground clearance a grinder will not be needed.:thumbright:

Pyro
27-06-2013, 02:29 PM
I sent mine to info at sabiking dot co dot za.

Did the same, thanks.

theRéhann
27-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C
8. Dale Best (non-member)
10. SuperDave - Honda XRV 750 (Africa Twin) will pay membership fee and R600

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
7. Pyro - CBR600F

1. WD

quincarroll
27-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Please can it be Sunday already???

theRéhann
27-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Please can it be Sunday already???

Patience, little grasshopper...

quincarroll
27-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Patience, little grasshopper...

So funny. Bored at work... Would rather be on my bike

theRéhann
27-06-2013, 04:30 PM
So funny. Bored at work... Would rather be on my bike

That's only you. And a couple of hunded other bikers!

Rainier Vermaak
27-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
7. Pyro - CBR600F

1. WD

Ignoring me?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

theRéhann
27-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Ignoring me?

Apologies.

theRéhann
27-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Instructors:
1. theRéhann
2. AMZ
3. The Pope
4. Stranger

Class A

Class B

Class C

Class D:
1. Fadiela - CBR600
2. greyman - HD883
3. quincarroll - ER6F
4. diggler - cbx250
5. Hobbes - GSR600
7. Pyro - CBR600F

1. WD
2. Rainier Vermaak

Rainier Vermaak
27-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Tx. :-)

Cubby
27-06-2013, 06:11 PM
:cussing::cussing:angry9:angry9:I will be sitting in the office thanks to year-end :banghead: but their is no riding Ms Daisy group. Re reading this it just comes across so wrong :tongue3:

Crash
27-06-2013, 06:43 PM
:cussing::cussing:angry9:angry9:I will be sitting in the office thanks to year-end :banghead: but their is no riding Ms Daisy group. Re reading this it just comes across so wrong :tongue3:
Cubby... you practice any of those parking lot tips I gave you?

I'm thinking a 'formal' informal parking lot training session will be in order - focused on low-speed lanesplitting and some swerves around flower beds etc....

Cubby
27-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Cubby... you practice any of those parking lot tips I gave you?

I'm thinking a 'formal' informal parking lot training session will be in order - focused on low-speed lanesplitting and some swerves around flower beds etc....

Crash, not as much as we would like, for the next two weeks it is burning the midnight oil for me so only riding I will be doing is commuting.

Would be absolutely awsome to do some training.

Crash
27-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Cool
I need to stop burning this oil too... then we can schedule something... perhaps pull in HH for some 'hand-holding' too ;)

We'll chat and see what other training there will be... Keep an eye out for marshal training too :)

luv2ride
28-06-2013, 04:22 AM
+1000!

..... and incredibly handsome, sexy instructors such as theRéhann around. ..........
Do you okes want a room? :CoB: :badgrin:

:wink3:

Pyro
28-06-2013, 08:24 AM

They're exibitionist types, they love it out in the open ;)

theRéhann
28-06-2013, 08:27 AM
They're exibitionist types, they love it out in the open ;)

And you would know this, because...

Pyro
28-06-2013, 08:33 AM
And you would know this, because...

You ride bikes => you like it out in the open!

Exagerating slightly, as per forum decorum, you're a bit of a type 2 ;)

Noun
1: exhibitionist - someone with a compulsive desire to expose the genitals
flasher
compulsive - a person with a compulsive disposition; someone who feels compelled to do certain things
streaker - someone who takes off all their clothes and runs naked through a public place

2: exhibitionist - someone who deliberately behaves in such a way as to attract attention
show-off
egoist, egotist, swellhead - a conceited and self-centered person
grandstander - someone who performs with an eye to the applause from spectators in the grandstand
hot dog, hotdog - someone who performs dangerous stunts to attract attention to himself
poser, poseur - a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not

AMZ
28-06-2013, 08:50 AM

Depends. Do you wanna watch? :gkim2:

luv2ride
28-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Depends. Do you wanna watch? :gkim2:

No, fook, I'd rather watch paint dry

Pyro
28-06-2013, 09:27 AM

Body paint then!

McSack
28-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Urrgh! I am sick as a dog. Going to the quack at 11:00 :ill:... but considering the way I feel right now, I doubt I'm going to make sunday :sad3:

AMZ
28-06-2013, 10:30 AM

Kinky bugger! :CoB:

Hobbes
28-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Kinky bugger! :CoB:

Trust a bunch of bikers, and here i was tinking this was a serious Fred, How i weep for humanity:duh:

Pyro
28-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Urrgh! I am sick as a dog. Going to the quack at 11:00 :ill:... but considering the way I feel right now, I doubt I'm going to make sunday :sad3:

I was fearing that Monday, feeling better today at least.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

theRéhann
28-06-2013, 10:53 AM
You ride bikes => you like it out in the open!

Exagerating slightly, as per forum decorum, you're a bit of a type 2 ;)

Good footwork there! :thumbright:

Stranger
28-06-2013, 11:50 AM
look forward to seeing you all on Sunday

please feel free to come and talk to us with any questions you have both before getting on the track and as you do your laps.

here are some pointers

Stranger: road riding skills are where I have most of my knowledge and I concentrate more on those required skills than shaving 100th of a second of a track time. Body positioning, cornering, throttle control and braking.

AMZ: very much like me, believes if we get the basics right, then the advanced stuff will work

The Rehann, as above but also has extensive track experience over a wide variety of bikes, from superbikes to scooters. Knows all the technical intricacies of track riding

The Pope: The track master, knows how to shave those 100th/s, the lines, the tipping points, entry and exits.

So please don't be shy, no such thing as a silly question.

The funniest one I had was at Phakisa when I was asked if the distance markers to the corners where there to tell us what speed we should be doing :wink1:

Looking forward to being of service to you

theRéhann
28-06-2013, 11:54 AM
The funniest one I had was at Phakisa when I was asked if the distance markers to the corners where there to tell us what speed we should be doing :wink1:

Was that km/h or mph? :scratch:

AMZ
28-06-2013, 12:02 PM
look forward to seeing you all on Sunday

please feel free to come and talk to us with any questions you have both before getting on the track and as you do your laps.

here are some pointers

Stranger: road riding skills are where I have most of my knowledge and I concentrate more on those required skills than shaving 100th of a second of a track time. Body positioning, cornering, throttle control and braking.

AMZ: very much like me, believes if we get the basics right, then the advanced stuff will work

The Rehann, as above but also has extensive track experience over a wide variety of bikes, from superbikes to scooters. Knows all the technical intricacies of track riding

The Pope: The track master, knows how to shave those 100th/s, the lines, the tipping points, entry and exits.

So please don't be shy, no such thing as a silly question.

Looking forward to being of service to you

+1000!

The Strange dude, he speaks the truth!

theRéhann
28-06-2013, 12:05 PM

As flattering as that is, I'm not really a track junkie. But, like my partners in crime, I will be able to help you ride smoothly and in all types of riding, that is the winning recipe.

So please don't be shy, no such thing as a silly question.Amen to that!

Oisin
28-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Bike serviced and ready for collection.
Paid and sent PoP in.
See you Sunday.

theRéhann
28-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Bike serviced and ready for collection.
Paid and sent PoP in.
See you Sunday.

And what a stunning way to scrub in the new rubber!

Word of advice, but you didn't hear it from me... Take the bike for a long-ish distance fast-ish ride. It will sweat out all of the silicone.

AnibugZA
28-06-2013, 01:13 PM
I am waiting for my proof of cover to come through on my new insurance, and then my bike is going to Kawa for a quick check on some weird vibrating my chain/2nd gear is doing.. then I can pay and mail through the Proof of Payment.. :dance:

And then hopefully you'll all see me on Sunday! <holds thumbs> I might have to pay on the day though.

theRéhann
28-06-2013, 01:20 PM
I am waiting for my proof of cover to come through on my new insurance, and then my bike is going to Kawa for a quick check on some weird vibrating my chain/2nd gear is doing.. then I can pay and mail through the Proof of Payment.. :dance:

And then hopefully you'll all see me on Sunday! <holds thumbs> I might have to pay on the day though.

Hope you get it all sorted!

AMZ
28-06-2013, 01:23 PM
As flattering as that is, I'm not really a track junkie. But, like my partners in crime, I will be able to help you ride smoothly and in all types of riding, that is the winning recipe.

Same here. Enjoy the track, but it I am not Awannabe Rossisan. What I lik emost about the track is the opportunity to practise the bascis and FEEL how it makes a difference.

dave31
28-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Enjoy everyone!

Have fun and be safe :thumbright: I can see me having some company at racing soon. Once the bug bites......... :laughing9:

Oisin
28-06-2013, 07:39 PM
And what a stunning way to scrub in the new rubber!

Word of advice, but you didn't hear it from me... Take the bike for a long-ish distance fast-ish ride. It will sweat out all of the silicone.

Thanks. Exactly what the Duc techie told me. 40 to 50 kms and take the slippery veneer off. Good advice. Will do it tomorrow.

quincarroll
28-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Are these the skills we will be learning...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBngfmXsihc

theRéhann
28-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Yes, but on a motorcycle.

Pyro
29-06-2013, 01:21 PM
How does fuel at the racetrack work? Or do we have to fill up before we get there.

WBro
29-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Yes, but on a motorcycle.
Just spilt me tea!

quincarroll
29-06-2013, 02:40 PM
How does fuel at the racetrack work?

Ummm...

It gets squirted into the combustion chamber through fuel injectors and the spark plug ignites it, causing an explosion.:dontknow:

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Pyro
29-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Err... Refueling? Think I used a nearby total the last time

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

theRéhann
29-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Ummm...

It gets squirted into the combustion chamber through fuel injectors and the spark plug ignites it, causing an explosion.:dontknow:

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

A bright spark! Will keep an eye out for you tomorrow! :twisted:

theRéhann
29-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Err... Refueling? Think I used a nearby total the last time

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You need to sort your own fuel, no fuel at the track. Closest is the Engen filling station down the road, heading back towards Woodmead.

AnibugZA
29-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Hi Guys,

My new Insurance proof of cover has not come through yet though I am technically still covered by A&G for that one day.. (and on the 1st I will be paying for cover including the 30th too)
But fark it, my bike is fuelled, my tyres are pumped, my chain is greased and my lunchbox is packed.
I'm going to be there. Doing payment now.
:headbang:
Now to work out how to get up at 7am on a Sunday morning.. :sleepy1::help::coffee2::blob6:

theRéhann
29-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Now to work out how to get up at 7am on a Sunday morning.. :sleepy1::help::coffee2::blob6:

Coffee machine with a timer?

Crash
29-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Sorry guys... Would love to have been there, but work calls...
The boss sponsored a weekend at Walkerson's in Dullstroom.
Tough call, I know...

Pyro
29-06-2013, 08:41 PM
You need to sort your own fuel, no fuel at the track. Closest is the Engen filling station down the road, heading back towards Woodmead.

Okidoki. I fueled up at the total on Harry Galaun Dr, that's about 4km from the R55 entrance.

SuperDave
29-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Been busy and not been able to pay yet.

But will pay at track and do membership too tomorrow.

Hope that okay?

Looking forward to having a great day of fun.

SuperDave
30-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Been busy and not been able to pay yet.

But will pay at track and do membership too tomorrow.

Hope that okay?

Looking forward to having a great day of fun.

Sorry - but work interfered at last moment! Hope you all enjoy the day. I am so jealous that I cannot make it today!:wha::wha::wha::wha:

Pyro
30-06-2013, 05:18 PM
This was pretty good. Took the first 3 session easy, and missed the after-lunch session, but thoroughly enjoyed the last two sessions.

Oisin
30-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Great day on the track. Thanks a million for the TB coaches. Really helped and was absolutely worthwhile.

xBlommiex
30-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the great day. I had huge fun and got some tips and help that helped me.

Also I found the site where our times are if anyone is interested. http://www.zatiming.co.za/54162.html?language=1&orgID=54162&mylaps=type,event,eventid,920693

SandyN
30-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Great day on the track. Thanks a million for the TB coaches. Really helped and was absolutely worthwhile.
Nice Photo! I must admit I am envious of you lot; maybe next time... :sad88:

AMZ
30-06-2013, 08:41 PM
I had awesome fun and I hope all who joined us for the day enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks for coming to Kyalami for the day. Special thanks to Rehann, Stranger and Pope for instructing.

Pyro
30-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the great day. I had huge fun and got some tips and help that helped me.

Also I found the site where our times are if anyone is interested. http://www.zatiming.co.za/54162.html?language=1&orgID=54162&mylaps=type,event,eventid,920693

Only showing the best laps, but that's fine.

Managed a 2:33 and 2:34 on my two fast sessions, and I wasn't pushing too hard, so should be able to scrape it down to the 20's if I stop coasting towards some of the corners. Good fun :)

Must remember to check my tires in the morning. Dropped them to 2.3 at front and 2.5 at the rear IIRC. Stock is 2.5 and 2.9.

Also - slight overfill, but the 2nd and 3rd gear action gave me about 13km/l on 120km of Kyalami.

theRéhann
30-06-2013, 09:26 PM
I had awesome fun and I hope all who joined us for the day enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks for coming to Kyalami for the day. Special thanks to Rehann, Stranger and Pope for instructing.

Indeed, and also to you! :salute:

Takashi
01-07-2013, 07:36 AM
I had lots of fun up to that particular point....

On a serious note. I learned a valuable lesson again yesterday.

1. ATGATT make you walk away in disgust rather than being carrier away.
2. Its not always a good idea to follow the instructor line.
3. GS's can take a beating.

My body is a bit sore today but other than that I'm fine. I'm not sure if the sore body I because of training on saturday or the crash.
Will speak to the insurance today about getting the bike fixed properly.

quincarroll
01-07-2013, 08:39 AM

Yeah... Was great fun.:thumbright: Thank you to all who were so free with good advice and great instruction.:notworthy:
I felt a big difference in my ability to corner this morning on my my way in to the office:dance:

Stranger
01-07-2013, 08:41 AM
:wha::wha::wha::duh:

We have spawned a breed of time chasing track junkies, I really don't like transponders.

Well done guys, it was a pleasure riding with you, you brought some stunning bikes to the track, and thank you for listening, it makes the time we spend working with you worthwhile. Great to see ZX14's Aprillia up there in the A class. @ Takashi, sorry mate, but as you said a GS can take a beating and so can you. Hope the bruises don't give you too much grief.

Thanks, The Rehann for the invite and The COB and The Pope for the day, Note all these guys start their nics with THE. :roll2:

In summary I think it would be fair to say that you all went home with that little more confidence, that little more skill and that little more understanding of your personal limits.. Please feel free to discuss your experience on the forum.

In closing,

it was so nice seeing Hobbes cry, made my day :CoB:

Stranger
01-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Yeah... Was great fun.:thumbright: Thank you to all who were so free with good advice and great instruction.:notworthy:
I felt a big difference in my ability to corner this morning on my my way in to the office:dance:

Our pleasure, try and make the next road skills day we do, combining what you learn on the track with road riding really makes a difference.