PDA

View Full Version : best road in da WC

PRECISION
19-12-2012, 11:05 PM
(O i might have been "done" this most awesome beloved road 100's -maybe make it 1000's soon.....LMK!!! of times here but imho it is MY beloved road till i die.... gordons bay to rooi els.... and back off course....
did it again(for only the 107th time this year.....) on the gixxer thou k6 yesterday and man oh man and woman oh woman LOL!!! it remains one of theeee best in town. and we have a few of theeeee best within very easy reach u know........
many many reasons why which i will not go into now why this one rank waaayyyyyyyy uyp there ..... visitors hope u njoy and njoy and njoy and njoy and njoy it again and again and a....................lmk!!!!, it really is that good!!!!!!!!! **** like a free racetrack (in the week that is.. w-ends gets a little crowded with cars going 40kmph.....duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

AMZ
20-12-2012, 05:08 AM
N1 north?

Donovan46
20-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Couldn't work out much of what was written but if I'm correct it's the road going from Gordon's Bay to Kleinmond.

You need to go on N2 through Somerset West towards Sir Lowrey's pass and before you go up Sir Lowrey's pass make a right towards Gordon's Bay. Turn left into Main RD and follow that to begin riding this pass. Very cool road. Smooth. Camber is great. True about slow driving motorists. Great views (shark spotting).

Elouise
20-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Why do I have the urge now to pack Rose and go check this road for myself?:wha:

WBro
20-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Rather check it out in Feb when it is quieter down there.

Donovan46
20-12-2012, 09:20 AM

Think I will be taking myself & wifey soon on our R6. Man she loves the twisty's!

AJV
20-12-2012, 09:20 AM
I am comming to Cape Town in January for an interview. If all goes well I will move there very soon...so will need to take some rides with you guys to get to know the nice roads for bikes in Cape Town

SmartTart
20-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I am comming to Cape Town in January for an interview. If all goes well I will move there very soon...so will need to take some rides with you guys to get to know the nice roads for bikes in Cape Town

AJV, I have gotten your mail - just ridiculously busy at work before the year ends - all my deadlines are for tomorrow, so I'll drop you a line next week :)

AMZ
20-12-2012, 12:43 PM
... get to know the nice roads for bikes in Cape Town

N1 north mate. N1 north!

Nano
20-12-2012, 01:10 PM
(O i might have been "done" this most awesome beloved road 100's -maybe make it 1000's soon.....LMK!!! of times here but imho it is MY beloved road till i die....

Elouise
20-12-2012, 01:45 PM
N1 north mate. N1 north!62956

Linus
26-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Love that road and do it whenever I am down there. Was there on 17th. Public holiday but fortunately very few superbikers who treat it like a racetrack. It is a scenic route of note and should be treated as such. 40kmh cagers I have no problem with. Swift blip of the throttle and you are past them and continue your peaceful ride. But murderous superbikers who virtually run you off the road because you are getting in the way of their race!!! Killarney is there for exactly that purpose. I reserve comment to avoid infraction ... and infarction :-)

Da'Fiz
26-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Love that road and do it whenever I am down there. Was there on 17th. Public holiday but fortunately very few superbikers who treat it like a racetrack. It is a scenic route of note and should be treated as such. 40kmh cagers I have no problem with. Swift blip of the throttle and you are past them and continue your peaceful ride. But murderous superbikers who virtually run you off the road because you are getting in the way of their race!!! Killarney is there for exactly that purpose. I reserve comment to avoid infraction ... and infarction :-)
A valid point indeed Linus.:thumbright: Clarence drive is one of the best pieces of road we have here in the Cape, however when it's ridden early in the morning to avoid the traffic, the surface remains cold, and if you leave it warm up in the sunshine it gets too busy. The speed limit is 60kmh the whole way so doing it at superbike pace can be costly. I see the posts on facebook the night before the organised ride and the orifficers hide in the bushes along the way on the Sunday morning.
On Monday you can read on facebook about the roadblocks, speed traps and cameras along the way.:duh: Same along Helshoogte which is also a fast sweep, or CampsBay Drive which is just as great a ride.
Killarney racetrack is all that's left, and what a jol it is... go ahead, why don't you.:wink3:

Stripes
27-12-2012, 07:50 PM

You will enjoy it. Have a safe festive season

Unchained
31-12-2012, 10:10 PM

We only have nice roads :) But Clarence drive is about the best! Can always return to town via Houwhoek pass, Franschhoek Pass and Helshoogte Pass though :)

N1 north mate. N1 north!

Gaan dinges in die mielies man, jy is net (weer) jaloers! ;-)

Road Rage
01-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Pakhuis Pass ... Clanwilliam ...... the best road in the Cape ....... Rooi Els is just a leeetle ride :thumbright:

Booster
31-01-2013, 04:48 PM
If you're looking for scenery, try Baden Powell drive. Especially the coastal section.

You can also keep going south and end up on the M4 to Simonstown. Beautiful.

SauRoN
31-01-2013, 04:51 PM
If you're looking for scenery, try Baden Powell drive. Especially the coastal section.

You can also keep going south and end up on the M4 to Simonstown. Beautiful.

That road is a death trap.

I avoid it by all costs.

Booster
31-01-2013, 04:53 PM
That road is a death trap.

I avoid it by all costs.

Is it because of traffic during rush hour? Or the sand on the road.

I drove it while everyone else was as work, so it was very quiet.

Carbon
31-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Is it because of traffic during rush hour? Or the sand on the road.

I drove it while everyone else was as work, so it was very quiet.

No, it's because that coastal section closely skirts a few urban settlements notorious for their high crime rate.