PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend!?

AMZ
26-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Wow! What a weekend, with highs and lows, for TB this was!

AMID came and went, with our brand spanking new Events Team shining, all weekend, like a bright star. I haven't got all the details yet, but by all count they did a sterling job. Not only did they man our normal stand, now a very nice and professional looking gazebo, but they also ran the geardrop in conjunction with a new TB partner, Prepsol. All feedback so far is extremely positive and I am expecially proud that so many members popped in, not just to say "hi", but also to give a helping hand. Awesome and thank you all.

Saturday cycle club duty was a sad one as we lost a rider. Ed Latherton crashed in the Cradle and later passed away due to serious head injuries. Speedy work by the TB Marshals, from original first aid, to traffic control and escourting the paramedics to the accident scene was very professional. Sadly, it wasn't enough and Ed left this world. Thank you, to the Marshals who were on duty and handled this sad occasion.

The Slutwalk struggled to to a lack of Metro involvement. TB Marshals stepped up to the plate and managed the walk and the Slutwalk Marshals. Well done to all involved for working together for one purpose, the safety of the particpants. Thank you, to the Marshals. You, as always, did us proud.

I worry when we hit a busy weekend like this. I don't know why? :salute:

Stripes
26-08-2012, 07:20 PM
RIP Ed - condolences to those left behind.

TB Marshals - You Rock!! Keep up the good work and making us proud.

Elouise
27-08-2012, 06:48 PM
RIP Ed. family and friends are in my prayers.

lawrence conlon
27-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Ek moes werk die hele naweek

jadeinplay
27-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Hats off to the new Events Team and fellow marshals, proud to be one of the group

vigilant
28-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Saturday cycle club duty was a sad one as we lost a rider. Ed Latherton crashed in the Cradle and later passed away due to serious head injuries. Speedy work by the TB Marshals, from original first aid, to traffic control and escourting the paramedics to the accident scene was very professional. Sadly, it wasn't enough and Ed left this world. Thank you, to the Marshals who were on duty and handled this sad occasion.

A colleague at work was good friends with Mr Latherton for over 28 years, and is very sad about losing his friend. He was at the hospital that morning too. He was full of compliments for the team on the day, saying how fast the response was, and how much good Think Bike marshalling has been to the cycling community. I have no doubt his views represent the family and close friends.

Much respect to those involved :salute:

Linus
28-08-2012, 09:49 AM
And some of us spent time down at the Scooter School trying to prevent noobs from wrecking the scoots and/or killing themselves :-)

WBro
28-08-2012, 09:56 AM
A colleague at work was good friends with Mr Latherton for over 28 years, and is very sad about losing his friend. He was at the hospital that morning too. He was full of compliments for the team on the day, saying how fast the response was, and how much good Think Bike marshalling has been to the cycling community. I have no doubt his views represent the family and close friends.

Thanks vigilant

AMZ
28-08-2012, 09:57 AM
And some of us spent time down at the Scooter School trying to prevent noobs from wrecking the scoots and/or killing themselves :-)

Indeed. The scooteneers are included in my remark about the Events Team.

Thanks vigilant

+1

Dgener8
28-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Sad news indeed, RIP Ed, may you peddle the skies !! Well Done to the TB marshals on their quick response!

As for the rest of the weekend... A huge up to ALL involved!!!

Buelligan
28-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Sad news indeed :sad:
RiP Ed and condolences to all

28-08-2012, 02:11 PM

+1; cool!