PDA

View Full Version : Changes coming to the ThinkBike Forum

Pages : [1] 2

AMZ
08-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Over the years the Forum has grown and evolved beyond anyone’s expectation and the current Board has spent many hours debating how to ensure that the Forum is used to its best advantage to further the core aims of the campaign – Raising Awareness, Saving Lives.

First, a bit of background. As you all may be aware, the forum is visited by three groups of people:

• Unregistered users (visitors / general public)
• Registered users (“Forumites” – those who have registered and created profiles)
• TB Members (Registered users who have also joined the campaign)

There are also three tiers of access on the forum:

• Public Boards – viewable by all, but only registered users can post
• Members only – viewable only to Registered users who have also joined the campaign
• Private Boards for Groups such as Marshalling, Education, etc - viewable only to Registered users who belong to a specific team

As Forum users, we are all too well aware that our Forum is not only a wealth of better biking and safety information and an ideal vehicle to attract new members to the campaign, but it also lends itself to becoming a boxing ring for registered users. This has a number of negative effects, not only on the Forum and its users, but on the campaign as a whole as often the Forum is incorrectly seen AS the campaign. The bun fights cause current users to leave and put new user off registering. The other side of this is that these altercations also take up considerable time to moderate and, with TB being a volunteer-run campaign, we just don’t have the moderator or administrator manpower to keep it clean.

What is also not often taken into consideration is that Think Bike, the campaign, funds the hosting of the forum through the sponsorships, membership fees and other income generated by the teams that make use of the Private Boards mentioned above. Often the malcontent generated on the Forum results in the loss of income or members, something a campaign of our nature cannot afford.

There have also been suggestions on a number of occasions that the Forum should be open only to paid-up members of the campaign, and while we have discussed this as an option, we feel that we could not justify locking away a source of valuable safety information from anyone who could benefit from it. The Board has noted that we need to take responsibility for this and have decided to change the current access and moderation format to satisfy all users, without allowing potential damage to the campaign.

One of the first areas we tackled was the issue of costs. We have changed our hosting option from an international managed dedicated server that cost us R14 000 per year, to a local hosting option of just over R7 000 per year. We are also going to redesign the website, ensuring that it is a more user-friendly and informative experience for web-goers. We also want to focus the Forum to the TB emphasis of safety and awareness, by giving the public the opportunity to get value from the relevant posts around these subjects, but limit their access to the general banter areas - where strife often originates. This will also provide a solution to our manpower issue and give the moderators the ability to effectively moderate the public areas and to keep these discussions on track and civil at all times.

So, how is this going to impact you as a registered user or member?

Possibly not as much as it may sound, except from a moderation perspective. The formula that we have chosen to apply will be as follows:

• Unregistered users - will see, but not be able to reply to, Better Biking boards only
• Registered users - will see and be able to reply to Better Biking boards only
• TB Members – will have access to see and reply to all boards except the Private Boards
• Private Boards will remain as they are and be available to the specific teams for which they were created.

The Moderators will all primarily be assigned to all the Better Biking boards and moderate these strictly as their primary function will be to:

• Keep threads on topic
• Delete hijacks
• Delete flame baiting

Our vision is that this will:

• Still attract new members as they will be able to see the information that pertains to the core function of TB; as a guest or become a registered user to participate in discussions.
• Keep the goals of Think Bike "on track" via the focused use of the Forum.
• Allow the moderators to apply consistent and less time-consuming efforts to keeping posts constructive.

Hover Ho'
08-05-2012, 10:10 AM
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notwo rthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:: notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Aquaman
08-05-2012, 10:17 AM
:thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft:

Scorpius
08-05-2012, 10:17 AM
:thumbleft::thumbleft::notworthy::notworthy::notwo rthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Boesmann
08-05-2012, 10:28 AM
I do not see a problem here and support the thought, however I would like to recommend some additional ideas as I feel the need that people must see certain things.

• Unregistered users - will see, but not be able to reply to, Better Biking boards only ------: READ ONLY :Public threads related to Biker Down, Fallen, Education(open board) SS (Open Board) etc. This will show people the risks, results, Support work we do and our education program
• Registered users - will see and be able to reply to Better Biking boards only -------: POST :Public threads related to Biker Down, Fallen, Education(open board) SS (Open Board) etc. This will show people the risks, results, Support work we do and our education program
• TB Members – will have access to see and reply to all boards except the Private Boards ------ AGREE
• Private Boards will remain as they are and be available to the specific teams for which they were created. AGREE

Maybe open TB Events to all to view --- pull them in

I just feel that if a stranger/Noob or interest is shown that those users should be able to see what TB is and DOES, I'm sure that you have thought about this and this is part of the planning but the post does not show us this clearly.

Thanks all and I really hope I did not add work to your already generous job you are doing!! Keep it up

AMZ
08-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I do not see a problem here and support the thought, however I would like to recommend some additional ideas as I feel the need that people must see certain things.

• Unregistered users - will see, but not be able to reply to, Better Biking boards only ------: READ ONLY :Public threads related to Biker Down, Fallen, Education(open board) SS (Open Board) etc. This will show people the risks, results, Support work we do and our education program
• Registered users - will see and be able to reply to Better Biking boards only -------: POST :Public threads related to Biker Down, Fallen, Education(open board) SS (Open Board) etc. This will show people the risks, results, Support work we do and our education program
• TB Members – will have access to see and reply to all boards except the Private Boards ------ AGREE
• Private Boards will remain as they are and be available to the specific teams for which they were created. AGREE

I just feel that if a stranger/Noob or interest is shown that those users should be able to see what TB is and DOES, I'm sure that you have thought about this and this is part of the planning but the post does not show us this clearly.

Thanks all and I really hope I did not add work to your already generous job you are doing!! Keep it up

"Beter Biking Forums include Biker Down, The Fallen, etc.

Boesmann
08-05-2012, 10:33 AM
THANKS AMZ, I was looking at the current view and better biking is a section completely separate, No Problems, I support the idea :thumbleft:
Should have known that you guys have it covered AS ALWAYS :-)
:oops:

Buelligan
08-05-2012, 10:43 AM
:thumbleft: :salute: :thumbright:

AMZ
08-05-2012, 10:44 AM
THANKS AMZ, I was looking at the current view and better biking is a section completely separate, No Problems, I support the idea :thumbleft:
Should have known that you guys have it covered AS ALWAYS :-)
:oops:

Sorry. Wasn't clear enough. The current sections may well have to be reshuffled and redefined.

Takashi
08-05-2012, 12:01 PM
So if I understand this correctly the Biker Pub, events, breakfast runs will only be available to members?

This will cause many many people to stop visiting the forum all together.
That in itself is a backwards step for the TB campaign in my honest opinion.

just my 2c

Itai
08-05-2012, 12:22 PM
:thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft: Thank you uncle :grin:

Brendon
08-05-2012, 12:58 PM
I agree with Takashi.

Registered users (non TB Members) need access to the Pub, events and Brekkie boards... otherwise the 'social' aspect of the TB family becomes a big issue. In fact, I am personally of the opinion that these specifically attract new paid members to the campaign.

Closing those off will create too much of an 'elitist' and/or 'TB Is A MCC' image for us...

Do we really want that? I am worried that the forum will loose a lot of traffic (hits) if we do limit those sections to 'Members Only'.

Vespa 1
08-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks Uncle! I'll try and behave in future!

SmartTart
08-05-2012, 01:14 PM
So if I understand this correctly the Biker Pub, events, breakfast runs will only be available to members?

just my 2c

I agree with Takashi.

Registered users (non TB Members) need access to the Pub, events and Brekkie boards... otherwise the 'social' aspect of the TB family becomes a big issue. In fact, I am personally of the opinion that these specifically attract new paid members to the campaign.

Closing those off will create too much of an 'elitist' and/or 'TB Is A MCC' image for us...

Do we really want that? I am worried that the forum will loose a lot of traffic (hits) if we do limit those sections to 'Members Only'.

Events and breakie boards will not be closed at all, and will be viewable to the public, but only registered users - both members and non members - will be able to post on these.
In fact will will be urging all users to make use of these boards to stimulate the more social aspects of TB.

The pub is one of those areas that requires more moderation than most others in terms of the flaming that goes on there, and this is the one key issue we have that noted with a volunteer staff we do not have the infrastructure to support 24/7 consistency. The damage to the campaign that is incurred in the pub far outweighs the membership attraction that the pub offers.

Swallow
08-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Thanks Uncle! I'll try and behave in future!

I'm stuffed... see... I cant help myself :sad5: Sorry AMZ ...

Swallow
08-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Events and breakie boards will not be closed at all, and will be viewable to the public, but only registered users - both members and non members - will be able to post on these.

The pub is one of those areas that requires more moderation than most others in terms of the flaming that goes on there, and this is the one key issue we have that noted with a volunteer staff we do not have the infrastructure to support 24/7 consistency. The damage to the campaign that is incurred in the pub far outweighs the membership attraction that the pub offers.

:thumbleft: - OK ... Thanks - what I wanted to hear.
Will self-moderate my post:salute:

Done

SmartTart
08-05-2012, 01:39 PM
:thumbleft: - OK ... Thanks - what I wanted to hear.
Will self-moderate my post:salute:

Done

Brendon
08-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Ok, so who will be able to see and/or post in the Pub?

SmartTart
08-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Ok, so who will be able to see and/or post in the Pub?

The members will be able to see and post in the pub.

Brendon
08-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the info... I may personally not like the idea, but thanks nonetheless :thumbleft:

You can't make everyone happy all of the time, and such is life.

Keep up the good work guys. :salute:

ta2bryan
08-05-2012, 04:02 PM
IT'S ABOUT TIME!
(My honest opinion)

Alsdad
08-05-2012, 07:30 PM
To the powers that be...........Good move guys!

Well done, and may you continue to act in the best interest of the campaign!

I think it's well worth at least trying the proposed changes.

:thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft:

AMZ
09-05-2012, 10:26 AM
I think it's well worth at least trying the proposed changes.

Thanks Alsdad. If it doesn't work, we change it again until we get it right.

Old Dog
09-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Sounds good to me. You guys are trying to make TB a better managed site for all bikers, for this we are thankful.

SmartTart
26-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Just a reminder that these changes have started happening :)

Swallow
26-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Just a reminder that these changes have started happening :)

:thumbleft: Thanks Smartie:grin:

Buelligan
26-05-2012, 07:19 PM
:salute: Thanks ST

Swallow
26-05-2012, 07:22 PM
PING HO!
Can you kill the ants while you're at it :twisted:

colyvon
26-05-2012, 08:47 PM

I'm doing my best, didn't you notice my sig?:evil4:

Swallow
26-05-2012, 08:52 PM

:laughing3: Yes I did...and sing Coly-coly-coly-chameleon

Buelligan
27-05-2012, 12:17 AM
PING HO!
Is that a natural ANTipathy there ? :sad:

Doesna work laddie, unless it's supposed to be a flying ant :badgrin:
Graphics aren't as good either :laughing3:

SmartTart
27-05-2012, 01:32 AM
No insects will be harmed in the changing of this forum.

vigilant
27-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Good luck with this.

Still calling it a pub are you?

Vespa 1
27-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Just so long as there's BEER!!!! Gof will try and be patient!:-p

Linus
27-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Why not just call it the Tea Room. And wait for some idiot to ask if it is English tea or Chinese and wouldn't it be racist to choose one over the other?? Oooppps wrong thread ... asking for the RED PEN. Sorry :-(

SmartTart
27-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Why not just call it the Tea Room. And wait for some idiot to ask if it is English tea or Chinese and wouldn't it be racist to choose one over the other?? Oooppps wrong thread ... asking for the RED PEN. Sorry :-(

I am confiscating your red pen and fining you in according with the Mexican juice payment system :tongue3:

Yes, the pub, will still be called the pub.

Linus
27-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Ooooh, shall I bring salt n lemon??? :-) Or maybe margaritas :-)

SmartTart
27-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Ooooh, shall I bring salt n lemon??? :-) Or maybe margaritas :-)
Nope - let's keep it clean and tidy - straight up and ice cold!

Linus
27-05-2012, 02:09 PM
You are on :-) How naughty do I have to be so we can finish the bottle?? :-)

SmartTart
27-05-2012, 10:36 PM
You are on :-) How naughty do I have to be so we can finish the bottle?? :-)
Just ask nicely :tongue3:

gary-t
28-05-2012, 09:38 AM

This sounds like our goverment. If someone has a different opinion to yours censor them. If the masses are unhappy censor them. What is the point of preaching to the converted. The whole aim of thinkbike is to try and change the mindset of dangerous lawless riders.

SmartTart
28-05-2012, 09:50 AM
This sounds like our goverment. If someone has a different opinion to yours censor them. If the masses are unhappy censor them. What is the point of preaching to the converted. The whole aim of thinkbike is to try and change the mindset of dangerous lawless riders.

And this is exactly why the access to the Biker Pub, a board that is for non-biking related banter and non crucial to our core campaign aims of raising awareness & saving lives, is going to be changed. Not censorship at all, just a way of ensuring that biking information is posted in the appropriate board, and not lost in the chit-chat of the pub, and has nothing to do with "unhappy masses" that should or should not be censored.

All other boards relating to safety and better biking will still be visible to all visitors to and users of the forum. Thus promoting TB's goals, including those of changing the mindsets of the dangerous, lawless riders.

Swallow
28-05-2012, 10:06 AM
+1

gary-t
29-05-2012, 08:30 AM
And this is exactly why the access to the Biker Pub, a board that is for non-biking related banter and non crucial to our core campaign aims of raising awareness & saving lives, is going to be changed. Not censorship at all, just a way of ensuring that biking information is posted in the appropriate board, and not lost in the chit-chat of the pub, and has nothing to do with "unhappy masses" that should or should not be censored.

All other boards relating to safety and better biking will still be visible to all visitors to and users of the forum. Thus promoting TB's goals, including those of changing the mindsets of the dangerous, lawless riders.

I disagree. Members of the puplic are drawn in by the bike related chit chat in the bikers pub and in doing so they are exposed to the real mesage of bike safety. Many folks originaly come onto the TB forum because they need advice about buying a new bike or looking for technical help and become hooked on the chit chat. Very few people come onto the board to read safety articles.

SmartTart
29-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I disagree. Members of the puplic are drawn in by the bike related chit chat in the bikers pub and in doing so they are exposed to the real mesage of bike safety. Many folks originaly come onto the TB forum because they need advice about buying a new bike or looking for technical help and become hooked on the chit chat. Very few people come onto the board to read safety articles.

Just a note on your comment regarding the members of the public being drawn in by the chit chat on the bikers pub - the pub has been "closed" to members of the public for a while now, and not visible to them until they register as users.
And yes, a lot of new members join because of the technical help they can read and now want to participate in these discussions, but just as many come on board because of the posts in the safety sections.

SmartTart
29-05-2012, 09:27 AM
And just to add to that, some of the benefits of these changes include:

Registered users now post in the appropriate boards which has a two fold benefit - not only do the mods spend less time having to move threads into the boards where they belong, but forum users are able to find the info they are looking for under the correct board and do not miss out on posts that have erroneously been placed in the pub
Mods are able to keep an eye on the important parts of the forum (safety / better biking) instead of focusing on the pub - which indeed does keep the campaign goals paramount on the Forum.
Members have a small added benefit for their contribution to paying for the forum by having enhanced access
Safety and Better Biking threads can be kept on topic, so that those members of the public and registered users don't have to trawl through pages of banter on a thread to find those pearls of wisdom that could help them.

Veneficus
06-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Hmm interesting move here.

by the way what would be the steps to get a account deactivated

ftt
06-06-2012, 08:36 AM

Yeah, please deactivate my account as well. This is bs. You should change the name to Thinkmoney.
Bye bye thinkbike. You just lost my respect.

AMZ
06-06-2012, 08:39 AM

Yeah, please deactivate my account as well. This is bs. You should change the name to Thinkmoney.
Bye bye thinkbike. You just lost my respect.

I am sorry you guys feel this way and trust me FTT, it is not about the money at all. It is unfortunately a step that required taking.

-Az-
06-06-2012, 08:48 AM
I am sorry you guys feel this way and trust me FTT, it is not about the money at all. It is unfortunately a step that required taking.

I can't see that it's about money either.
I'm not sure we can shout "Capitalist pig" because the campaign gets R15.83 per month from a paid up TB member :dontknow:

Veneficus
06-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Thinking about it AMZ all the "prospective" members will see when they come here is the campaign.
In my humble opinion this removes the family feel (and yes occasional bickering too which is normally part of a family) which Think Bike has always shown to all bikers.

Kind of like think bike is saying "if you aren't a registered member then you aren't really one of us"

But then maybe this a good move for Think Bike since there is no better way to make people want to join a group than to make it exclusive.

But I truly wish the campaign well and hope this move pays off

Take care guys

ftt
06-06-2012, 08:55 AM
I can't see that it's about money either.
I'm not sure we can shout "Capitalist pig" because the campaign gets R15.83 per month from a paid up TB member :dontknow:

LOL. Then whats the point in trying to force people to pay and have a little black banner under your name that says "member" just to have access to "closed" threads? If not for the money? Then why?

vigilant
06-06-2012, 09:00 AM
The word exclusive is the right one.

Kind of like think bike is saying "if you aren't a registered member then you aren't really one of us"

That.

Read what i said about biker clubs, that was in the pub i think, so i can't even provide a link. Same applies here, and it's not a good thing.

Stranger
06-06-2012, 09:03 AM
LOL. Then whats the point in trying to force people to pay and have a little black banner under your name that says "member" just to have access to "closed" threads? If not for the money? Then why?

Why expect the privilege of access to the VIP lounge when you fly economy, no one is forcing anyone, it is a matter of choice and economy's of scale.

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 09:10 AM

As Forum users, we are all too well aware that our Forum is not only a wealth of better biking and safety information and an ideal vehicle to attract new members to the campaign, but it also lends itself to becoming a boxing ring for registered users. This has a number of negative effects, not only on the Forum and its users, but on the campaign as a whole as often the Forum is incorrectly seen AS the campaign. The bun fights cause current users to leave and put new user off registering. The other side of this is that these altercations also take up considerable time to moderate and, with TB being a volunteer-run campaign, we just don’t have the moderator or administrator manpower to keep it clean.

The campaign goal is Raising Awareness, Saving Lives and the forum is a communication platform to share information on the biking related elements of achieving this goal.
You still have access to all boards that are focused on this goal, as well as the all the other areas to communicate socially such as Events, Birthdays, Fun stuff, etc - The Biker Pub is a "non essential" single board. What you will also now find is that all the crucial posts from the Pub are being moved into the appropriate boards on the forum, so that they are still available for all to see. This will only leave the totally non bike related threads behind that do not apply to the Campaign's goals.

We "earn" less on a monthly basis from our Members than what it costs to host this Forum - if it was solely about the money, we would have had to shut the entire forum down long ago. This way, we can focus our energy and do our best keep the safety & awareness message out there, without the heavy "costs" of the time to handle fall out in the Pub that has a negative impact on the campaign.

Scorpius
06-06-2012, 09:16 AM
For less than the cost of one fuel tank (maybe a bit more now the fuel has gone down a bit here in GP) you can have all the priveledges that all other Paid-Up members enjoy.

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 09:17 AM
The word exclusive is the right one.

More about being able to ensure the correct message is available to all to see, in a board that is appropriate to the topic. A number of valuable posts get "lost" in the pub between the posturing of egos and general banter. Nothing about exclusivity, just about focusing the message

Veneficus
06-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Stranger your correct
We don't need to have access to the VIP lounge
I have been a very active supporter (not member but supporter) of think bike
I regularly tell people to visit this forum and have always said that it is one of the best communities

It is still one of the best communities "if your a paid up member"

So one of the admins please give us a button so we can cancel our accounts since we don't need access to the VIP sections of this forum.

ftt
06-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Why expect the privilege of access to the VIP lounge when you fly economy, no one is forcing anyone, it is a matter of choice and economy's of scale.

I don't want to argue. All I am saying is that I disagree with this and am disappointed. To me think bike was always nice in the fact that it attracted all bikers and bikers from everywhere could chat to one another. Although I didn't post much, I did a hell of allot of reading and had some good laughs along the way. With this, to me it just feels like think bike is becoming another biker club out there.

Maars
06-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Support the move :salute:

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 09:21 AM
For less than the cost of one fuel tank (maybe a bit more now the fuel has gone down a bit here in GP) you can have all the privileges that all other Paid-Up members enjoy. as well as access to the single board called the Biker's Pub where you can post about anything non bike related, that doesn't fall into any of the other social categories the Forum currently offers.

Stranger
06-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't want to argue. All I am saying is that I disagree with this and am disappointed. To me think bike was always nice in the fact that it attracted all bikers and bikers from everywhere could chat to one another. Although I didn't post much, I did a hell of allot of reading and had some good laughs along the way. With this, to me it just feels like think bike is becoming another biker club out there.

I cannot disagree more. There is a cost attached to this forum and it extends way beyond money. Time and man hours are huge, moderation time is huge and the dictates of the section 21 company also apply.

You can walk into pretty much any pub that you want, but they do expect you to buy a drink. I wonder how long the landlord would put up with you if you sat all day in the pub, day after day, and not spent a penny.

To go a little further, the campaign depends on money for bumper stickers, Do Not Remove helmet stickers, Z-folds and so on that spread the message in a tangible way to thousands of people that never visit this forum. Membership fees contribute to this form of media, without which, we would not have a campaign and not have this forum.

colyvon
06-06-2012, 09:31 AM
snip... What you will also now find is that all the crucial posts from the Pub are being moved into the appropriate boards on the forum, so that they are still available for all to see. This will only leave the totally non bike related threads behind that do not apply to the Campaign's goals....

I think one needs to take note of the above, all in all very little is being "cut out". Admin can correct me if I am wrong but, due to these changes, the Pub will be less strictly moderated allowing those who wish to "pay" the admission fee, a place to let down their hair without inadvertently scaring off possible noobs and causing possible damage to the Think Bike campaign as a whole. My 2c.

spirit
06-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Okay here goes: We were extremely anti Think Bike for various reasons of our own. Reasons we never opted to share with many - a few people know about what had put ThnAir and myself off Think Bike so badly that we would have nothing to do with it for almost 3 years, I think ThnAir did not log on for close to 9 months he was that anti - and even today he only does it sporadically and when I ask him to.

Although we both agree with the principals of Think Bike - we did not agree with how some things were handled especially with regards to my charity work - which I am extremely passionate about.

Stranger has always without fail been a consistent reminder of why Think Bike works, he has always maintained that it is not perfect but as far as a work in progress goes it improves year on year - as people learn more and it evolves. He has also always maintained that it is the people involved both those like ThnAir who anyone who knows him will tell you is a very kind gentle soul and me who - well is the exact opposite.

So after the SBAH duvet run and ThnAir meeting up with AMZ at the event - ThnAir has decided that maybe it is time for us to bury the hatchet - he did a long explanation over lunch and many bottles of vino as to why he thought it was time to move on - also his argument was helped with the reduction in the membership fee, but I digress, he has decided that we need to pay our membership fees - as he feels the amount does not break the bank and well if we want benefit from others knowledge we need to be willing to contribute financially to that.

And it will be made so.

So to my favourite Stranger of them all - your passion and belief in making a difference- does work, as your determination had a greater impact on me, plus it helps that I like you, than all the vino ThnAir plied me with, just please don't tell him that:tongue3: as that might will then be the very last bottles of vino he plies me with - next time he will expect me to pay!:shock:

Stranger
06-06-2012, 09:37 AM
I have been a very active supporter (not member but supporter) of think bike

Now this has been visited before too, when our member fees were 350 per year. Peeps said it was too much and the bells and whistles could go. The campaign listened and got it down to 190. My 2c is that is a small amount of money to pay for what the campaign has achieved.

ftt
06-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I cannot disagree more. There is a cost attached to this forum and it extends way beyond money. Time and man hours are huge, moderation time is huge and the dictates of the section 21 company also apply.

You can walk into pretty much any pub that you want, but they do expect you to buy a drink. I wonder how long the landlord would put up with you if you sat all day in the pub, day after day, and not spent a penny.

To go a little further, the campaign depends on money for bumper stickers, Do Not Remove helmet stickers, Z-folds and so on that spread the message in a tangible way to thousands of people that never visit this forum. Membership fees contribute to this form of media, without which, we would not have a campaign and not have this forum.

Why not make more people moderators then? Come i'll pay my fee, become a member and then make me a moderator :)

Veneficus
06-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Now this has been visited before too, when our member fees were 350 per year. Peeps said it was too much and the bells and whistles could go. The campaign listened and got it down to 190. My 2c is that is a small amount of money to pay for what the campaign has achieved.
I'm going to be honest here R190 is not the issue for me
I have honestly been sitting here thinking that I should pay the R190 and then request that my account is canceled immediately.

However I THINK I will rather do it this way.
Please email me once the pub is open to the public again
I will pay my R190 at that time.

Ps. and as I have been requesting please provide us with a option to cancel our subscription on the Forum even facebook gives you the option

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Ps. and as I have been requesting please provide us with a option to cancel our subscription on the Forum even facebook gives you the option
Please send me a PM or email webmaster@thinkbike.co.za and this will be actioned.

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Why not make more people moderators then? Come i'll pay my fee, become a member and then make me a moderator :)

Please PM / email me and I will take you up on the offer!

AMZ
06-06-2012, 10:26 AM

You are on!

I'm going to be honest here R190 is not the issue for me
I have honestly been sitting here thinking that I should pay the R190 and then request that my account is canceled immediately.

However I THINK I will rather do it this way.
Please email me once the pub is open to the public again
I will pay my R190 at that time.

If you are willing to be a member why not just sign up now? In an organisation like TB, we will please the members some of the time and pee them of some of te time. Become a member and be pee'd off because of these changes.

Veneficus
06-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Smart PM sent thanks

Stranger
06-06-2012, 10:30 AM

Very cool man :thumbleft:

Can I get a large donation towards a new print run of "Do Not Remove" stickers as well please :cheers:

AMZ
06-06-2012, 10:33 AM
So after the SBAH duvet run and ThnAir meeting up with AMZ at the event - ThnAir has decided that maybe it is time for us to bury the hatchet -

We run TB so nice now, you can even have your hatchet back. Just give the doc a few hours to retrieve it from between my ribs. ;-)

It is time that hatchets get burried and I am glad to see that you and ThnAir is also willing to do so. We don't always have to agree, but there is no need to stay enemies for a gazillin years either. So, listen to the master of your universe. He is a clever dude. Make it so.

Veneficus
06-06-2012, 10:34 AM
You are on!

If you are willing to be a member why not just sign up now? In an organisation like TB, we will please the members some of the time and pee them of some of te time. Become a member and be pee'd off because of these changes.
You know what AMZ maybe you are right
please send me the banking details

remember one think if you think I can bi#H and moan when I'm not a member just wait

AMZ
06-06-2012, 10:38 AM

remember one think if you think I can bi#H and moan when I'm not a member just wait

Amount: R190
Account Name: Think Bike
Bank: Standard Bank - Cheque Account
Branch: Clearwater
Branch Code: 001206
Account No: 061080667
Reference: Membership/Forum name

There is also a form that you need to complete. It should be here somewhere:

http://www.thinkbike.co.za/renewmemberapp

Stranger
06-06-2012, 10:38 AM

Very very cool man :headbang:

Can I also have a large donation from you for Z-folds as we are running low on stock, please? :cheers:

Veneficus
06-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Form completed and Money for mem paid in

will look at the Zfold thing sometime Stranger

ftt
06-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Amount: R190
Account Name: Think Bike
Bank: Standard Bank - Cheque Account
Branch: Clearwater
Branch Code: 001206
Account No: 061080667
Reference: Membership/Forum name

There is also a form that you need to complete. It should be here somewhere:

http://www.thinkbike.co.za/renewmemberapp

I used to be a member a couple of years ago, do I fill out the renew membership form or the new member form?

Thanks

AMZ
06-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Form completed and Money for mem paid in

will look at the Zfold thing sometime Stranger

Thanks man. Appreciate. I would have hated losing my favourite "AMZ, ADMIT IT, YOU DO RIDE TOO FAST AT TIMES YOU TWAT" sparring partner. ;-)

Welcome.

I used to be a member a couple of years ago, do I fill out the renew membership form or the new member form?

Thanks

Darn! I thought I knew everything till this question. No idea. I think the app will pick you up if you are still on the database though.

Kom .... kom .... kom ... Spirit and ThnAir, you guys are falling behind! Must be that sloooow Kawa holding you back ....

spirit
06-06-2012, 10:47 AM
We run TB so nice now, you can even have your hatchet back. Just give the doc a few hours to retrieve it from between my ribs. ;-)

It is time that hatchets get burried and I am glad to see that you and ThnAir is also willing to do so. We don't always have to agree, but there is no need to stay enemies for a gazillin years either. So, listen to the master of your universe. He is a clever dude. Make it so.

Do not encourage the man:oops: , it is bad enough that he now feels he is clever - 'coz he made an argument that I could not find fault with - he had both sides covered:rolleyes: - okay you know what I mean and if he must now think he is the master of the universe oh no! that just will not do.:tongue3:

I think he trfed the funds this morning.

ta2bryan
06-06-2012, 10:50 AM

The campaign goal is Raising Awareness, Saving Lives and the forum is a communication platform to share information on the biking related elements of achieving this goal.
You still have access to all boards that are focused on this goal, as well as the all the other areas to communicate socially such as Events, Birthdays, Fun stuff, etc - The Biker Pub is a "non essential" single board. What you will also now find is that all the crucial posts from the Pub are being moved into the appropriate boards on the forum, so that they are still available for all to see. This will only leave the totally non bike related threads behind that do not apply to the Campaign's goals.

We "earn" less on a monthly basis from our Members than what it costs to host this Forum - if it was solely about the money, we would have had to shut the entire forum down long ago. This way, we can focus our energy and do our best keep the safety & awareness message out there, without the heavy "costs" of the time to handle fall out in the Pub that has a negative impact on the campaign.

Well put Smartie!

For general banter and related BS there are thousands of forums out there. the TB forum is just tightening up to try for smoother runnung, while trying not to chase away any potential sponsors with the BS on some threads. So it is about the money, for sure, because the fact is without money TB cannot buy stickers, host this forum, advertise and most importantly.. GROW!

I think this move will result in more people joining than those who will choose to leave.

And as for a button... that's easy, just don't log on for now. Maybe one day you may change your mind and then you'll be welcomed back.

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 10:53 AM

Thanks

Here's the link http://www.thinkbike.co.za/renewmemberapp :grin:
Just make any changes if necessary

AMZ
06-06-2012, 10:53 AM
And as for a button... that's easy, just don't log on for now. Maybe one day you may change your mind and then you'll be welcomed back.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Both FTT and Veneficus are joining. Don't put your foot in my mouth now! :evil4:

ta2bryan
06-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Both FTT and Veneficus are joining. Don't put your foot in my mouth now! :evil4:

I shoulda read page 4 before posting.

But the principle still holds, I threw my toys and wanted nothing more to do with TB, but after a 6 month break I missed you all too much, so I came back and am now slowly getting involved again.

AMZ
06-06-2012, 10:58 AM
I shoulda read page 4 before posting.

But the principle still holds, I threw my toys and wanted nothing more to do with TB, but after a 6 month break I missed you all too much, so I came back and am now slowly getting involved again.

:thumbleft:

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Veneficus beat you all off the mark!
Welcome to our newest member :cheers:

Veneficus
06-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Well as a Member I still think it is wrong to exclude non members from the pub

PS. wait guys why does my Blackbird clock only go up to 120 now? :p

ftt
06-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Darn! I thought I knew everything till this question. No idea. I think the app will pick you up if you are still on the database though.

Quite right it did :) Membership fees paid up.

Fox
06-06-2012, 11:08 AM

welkommin albei van djulle!

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 11:14 AM
:cheers: just remind your bank to send me the POP and I can pop one of those kewl lil black badges next to your name!

Splat
06-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Good luck with this.

Still calling it a pub are you?
More like the Ladies Bar, if you ask me :roll:

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Yep, pink drinks will be served on request

Veneficus

It does kind of doesn't it

Hey guys lets change the bikers pub name to ladies bar

Swallow

Those are actually FAR better than you can imagine :badgrin:

ftt
06-06-2012, 11:21 AM
What a thread turn around I must say :)

Scorpius
06-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Well as a Member I still think it is wrong to exclude non members from the pub

Probably that Big airbrake at the back......you know, the one with the letters on it? :evil4:

AMZ
06-06-2012, 11:24 AM

SMARTY!

I tol dyou he has been a thorn in my side for years and he should be limited to 80 only. Why did you allow 120!?

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 11:26 AM
SMARTY!

I tol dyou he has been a thorn in my side for years and he should be limited to 80 only. Why did you allow 120!?

A little bit of give an' take :tongue3:

Splat
06-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Yep, pink drinks will be served on request
More like only pink drinks will be served...with a side order of BS

Stranger
06-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Now that you are members, I am looking forward to your status changes under your name

AMZ

game on, they better be good

AMZ
06-06-2012, 11:31 AM

Oi! Why not join up and be a disgruntled member, rather than just disgruntled? :-p

Stranger
06-06-2012, 11:32 AM

sounds like you have experience, can I have mine with a little umbrella please.

ftt
06-06-2012, 11:32 AM

I felt the same this morning. But honestly, R190 per annum isn't much at all...

AMZ
06-06-2012, 11:33 AM
sounds like you have experience, can I have mine with a little umbrella please.

You want the umbrella in the pink drink, or in the BS?

AMZ
06-06-2012, 11:36 AM

Thanks again. The R190 isn't much, but you get back about R90 in value immediately, i.e. Roadcover Insurance, printing and posting of membership card, etc. One medium sized shoppig spree to a place like Full Throttle, with the membership card in hand will have your R190 returned to you. The remaining R100 is what keeps the TB bank account ticking over nicely. It will buy 110 odd DNR stickers, or 100 bumper stickers, or 11 reflective triangles, etc.

Stranger
06-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks again. The R190 isn't much, but you get back about R90 in value immediately, i.e. Roadcover Insurance, printing and posting of membership card, etc. One medium sized shoppig spree to a place like Full Throttle, with the membership card in hand will have your R190 returned to you. The remaining R100 is what keeps the TB bank account ticking over nicely. It will buy 110 odd DNR stickers, or 100 bumper stickers, or 11 reflective triangles, etc.

You forgot the cover charge for getting into the pub and the first pink drink free with the first post

AMZ
06-06-2012, 11:42 AM
You forgot the cover charge for getting into the pub and the first pink drink free with the first post

Ja. I did forget. Old age is a biatch. This is why I have Smarty around. She is my ad on memory.

Stranger
06-06-2012, 11:42 AM
You want the umbrella in the pink drink, or in the BS?

In the pink drink please, but the little plastic spoon for the BS, and some cinnamon thanks

Shu
06-06-2012, 11:43 AM
:protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::prot est::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:: protest::protest::protest::protest:

OIY!!! AS FAR AS I CAN REMEMBER, I AM THE ONLY RECOGNISED PINK DRINKER AROUND HERE!!!
IT SEZ SO RIGHT THERE UNDER MY NAME!!! :evil3:

:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1: :violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1: :violent1::violent1:

AMZ
06-06-2012, 11:43 AM
In the pink drink please, but the little plastic spoon for the BS, and some cinnamon thanks

Overshare!!!!!!!!!!

ta2bryan
06-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Welcome to Membership!
See you guys in the pub for pink drinks shortly!

:protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::prot est::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:: protest::protest::protest::protest:

OIY!!! AS FAR AS I CAN REMEMBER, I AM THE ONLY RECOGNISED PINK DRINKER AROUND HERE!!!

:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1: :violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1: :violent1::violent1:

Pink drinks and a Hissy Fit! Didn't your mommy teach you to share?

Stranger
06-06-2012, 11:53 AM
BBBBAAAAWWWWAAAAHHHHHH

Tears in my eyes man, my ribs hurt.

BBBAAWWWAAHHHH

Shu
06-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Welcome to Membership!
See you guys in the pub for pink drinks shortly!

Pink drinks and a Hissy Fit! Didn't your mommy teach you to share?

:shock: Share my drink?!? NEVER!!!
:occasion5: I'll buy you one for yourself, but I never share my own :evil4:

Nano
06-06-2012, 12:53 PM

just my 2c

Why go this route, it makes no sense? Subaru's forum did the same...they blocked access to the off topic section and made it for members only. I was planning on joining the community etc, but they just started bolting down more and more boards. It put me off quite a bit and so decided to not join the community.

It is very off-putting and you will risk ppl walking away. The idea that it will actually convert ppl to pay...sorry to say, that is not gonna work...it will have the opposite effect on non TB members...just like the Subaru forum did with me.

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi Nano, the quote that you have selected has been replied to as Takashi's understanding of the changes were incorrect.

Only the Biker Pub is no longer available - which is a board for non biking related banter - all the other boards are still available.

Veneficus
06-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Why go this route, it makes no sense? Subaru's forum did the same...they blocked access to the off topic section and made it for members only. I was planning on joining the community etc, but they just started bolting down more and more boards. It put me off quite a bit and so decided to not join the community.

It is very off-putting and you will risk ppl walking away. The idea that it will actually convert ppl to pay...sorry to say, that is not gonna work...it will have the opposite effect on non TB members...just like the Subaru forum did with me.I agree with Nano here
FTT and myself can't be used as examples since we know how it is here already

Splat
06-06-2012, 01:08 PM
ftt...it's got nothing to do with the money :roll:

AMZ
06-06-2012, 01:10 PM
ftt...it's got nothing to do with the money :roll:

Correct. We finally agree on something. :cheers:

Splat
06-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Oi! Why not join up and be a disgruntled member, rather than just disgruntled? :-p
to be honest, 'cos I couldn't be bothered. Time has clouded my recollection of the exact reason(s) but I do remember they were VERY good reasons...

AMZ
06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
to be honest, 'cos I couldn't be bothered. Time has clouded my recollection of the exact reason(s) but I do remember they were VERY good reasons...

Oh, come now! Join up and I promise I would find something to bother you with. Rather be a bothered member, than just bothered.

Maars
06-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I had some time on hands and went through the changes carefully. Really, as AMZ said in the initial communication, there is not that big change....I do not see it :dontknow:

"Better Biking" contains quite a lot of what was posted in the Pub.

My view on TB breakfast runs - It is a TB breakfast run :violent1: Do you know how much awereness can we create if 30-40 TB members with their BIB's ride together to a venue......it just creates more oemf for me. Do not get me wrong, the other runs were nice. And there were not that many TB runs ......mostly a mix of members and non members.

Think the change has been taken a bit out of proportion......my one cent worth :headbang:

Nano
06-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi Nano, the quote that you have selected has been replied to as Takashi's understanding of the changes were incorrect.

Only the Biker Pub is no longer available - which is a board for non biking related banter - all the other boards are still available.

Ok, thanks for the details

ThnAir
06-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Done,

All forms filled in again and payment has been made.

So, let's cut the parc and hit the road !!!!

ThnAir
06-06-2012, 06:49 PM
I had some time on hands and went through the changes carefully. Really, as AMZ said in the initial communication, there is not that big change....I do not see it :dontknow:

"Better Biking" contains quite a lot of what was posted in the Pub.

My view on TB breakfast runs - It is a TB breakfast run :violent1: Do you know how much awereness can we create if 30-40 TB members with their BIB's ride together to a venue......it just creates more oemf for me. Do not get me wrong, the other runs were nice. And there were not that many TB runs ......mostly a mix of members and non members.

Think the change has been taken a bit out of proportion......my one cent worth :headbang:

As far as I am aware, Think Bike is not a club, it is an association.

You can be a Think Bike member and belong to a club.

So, when rides are arranged some people want to ride in their own club colours with the Think Bike members who are wearing their bibs.

I think it is cool that all bikers who want to go on a ride can do so in whatever apparel they feel more comfortable in.

AMZ
06-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Done,

Awesome! Welcome back.

SmartTart
06-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Done,

Great news - I have recieved your forms - just waiting for the proof of payment email and we are ready to roll!

Stranger
07-06-2012, 08:34 AM

So, when rides are arranged some people want to ride in their own club colours with the Think Bike members who are wearing their bibs.

I think it is cool that all bikers who want to go on a ride can do so in whatever apparel they feel more comfortable in.

Spot on

Splat
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
I actually much prefer the new structure....no more "totally useless", "hello and goodbye", "HD" and general meaningless BS threads in my unread list :headbang:

Thanks AMZ and Smarty - I might just keep logging in here on occasion :cheers:

SmartTart
07-06-2012, 08:46 AM
I actually much prefer the new structure....no more "totally useless", "hello and goodbye", "HD" and general meaningless BS threads in my unread list :headbang:

:salute: Yay! The proof is in the pudding!! Exactly what we have aimed to achieve!

Vespa 1
07-06-2012, 08:54 AM
What gets me is the biatching about "Changes", yet if one is a member there is no change at all! So join up! R190.00 per year??? that is 52c per day!If seeing what is going on in the "pub" is so important, surely that is worth it!If not???????

Splat
07-06-2012, 09:08 AM
What gets me is the biatching about "Changes", yet if one is a member there is no change at all! So join up! R190.00 per year??? that is 52c per day!If seeing what is going on in the "pub" is so important, surely that is worth it!If not???????
If I had known how much better the forum would be without access to the "pub", I would gladly have paid...what's interesting is how clear it is which people contribute "useful" stuff here compared to those who obviously just stay in the pub talking cr@p all day. Funny thing is, it seems that the HD crew are all absent from the "useful" threads :thumbleft:

The downside, of course, is that when someone only sees the "outside" boards, pays their R190 and ends up having their forum experience deteriorate with all the rubbish being spewed forth in the pub... :banghead:

AMZ
07-06-2012, 09:11 AM

So? When are you joining. Come on, surprise us all.

WBro
07-06-2012, 09:13 AM

@ AMZ If he does not join up can the admins please email or fax him all the posts that he will be missing out on. It would be the right thing to do...

AMZ
07-06-2012, 09:16 AM
@ AMZ If he does not join up can the admins please email or fax him all the posts that he will be missing out on. It would be the right thing to do...

Always knew there was an evil side to you. I like!

We have just appointed two guys who will constantly ensure that all posts from the pub is mailed to him as well as added to is FaceBook page. You can thank is later Splat.

Splat
07-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Can't you read, AMZ :dontknow: it's so much better here on the outside :headbang: And, if the money was an issue, it's cheaper too :cool:

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Funny thing is, it seems that the HD crew are all absent from the "useful" threads :thumbleft:

:grin: oh ya ..... like the 'how do i fix abc, my xyz fell off, etc' ................... that's cause our bikes don't break, need duct tape to hold the boxes on, have ridiculous computerised supension systems or pieces of plastic falling off all the time

:evil4: so you obviously been spending alot of time on the HD thread hey :laughing3:

Splat
07-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Always knew there was an evil side to you. I like!

We have just appointed two guys who will constantly ensure that all posts from the pub is mailed to him as well as added to is FaceBook page. You can thank is later Splat.
Nice to know that the forum change has freed up enough resources to do this just for me :badgrin:

AMZ
07-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Can't you read, AMZ :dontknow: it's so much better here on the outside :headbang: And, if the money was an issue, it's cheaper too :cool:

Oi! To be sarcastic with me, you need to be a member. Come on, surely you can't have a good reason for not joining, other than being harregat, obnoxious, ugly, overweight and stupid, and that's just me. The rest are not that bad.

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 09:27 AM

Agh geez...

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Oi! To be sarcastic with me, you need to be a member.

:-p can I sponsor his membership ............... I worried he'll miss reading the HD fred

Splat
07-06-2012, 09:29 AM
:grin: oh ya ..... like the 'how do i fix abc, my xyz fell off, etc' ................... that's cause our bikes don't break, need duct tape to hold the boxes on, have ridiculous computerised supension systems or pieces of plastic falling off all the time

:evil4: so you obviously been spending alot of time on the HD thread hey :laughing3:
The only purpose your HD threads serve is to try to convince yourselves that you actually ride a real bike and to seek affirmation from other misguided HD souls :roll:
Perhaps one day you'll find a real machine that converts petrol into horsepower and not just into noise...

AMZ
07-06-2012, 09:29 AM
:-p can I sponsor his membership ............... I worried he'll miss reading the HD fred

I think the poor dude is lying awake at night missing the HD thread. He is just a proud sort of guy, so will never admit.

Splat
07-06-2012, 09:31 AM
naaah...went there once....and threw up a little ;-)

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 09:32 AM
I think the poor dude is lying awake at night missing the HD thread. He is just a proud sort of guy, so will never admit.

:grin: I'll take pity on him then .............. can Smarty give me those bank details ........... do you think he wears leather chaps when he reads the HD fred :dontknow:

AMZ
07-06-2012, 09:32 AM
:grin: I'll take pity on him then .............. can Smarty give me those bank details ........... do you think he wears leather chaps when he reads the HD fred :dontknow:

Of course he does. I tink he also have an HD belt buckle that he hides under his shirt ....

Maars
07-06-2012, 09:34 AM

I didn't say TB is a club :dontknow:

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Of course he does. I tink he also have an HD belt buckle that he hides under his shirt ....

:grin: so a closet HD fan ............... well then he just HAS to become a member

SmartTart
07-06-2012, 10:05 AM
http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/images/smilies/biggrin.png I'll take pity on him then .............. can Smarty give me those bank details ........... do you think he wears leather chaps when he reads the HD fred http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/images/smilies/dontknow.gif

Sure :)
http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?35999-Think-Bike-Banking-Details

The only purpose your HD threads serve is to try to convince yourselves that you actually ride a real bike and to seek affirmation from other misguided HD souls :roll:
Perhaps one day you'll find a real machine that converts petrol into horsepower and not just into noise...
Why does horsepower + HD + noise in a single sentence made me think of John Deere :tongue3:

I'll just stop thinking now and go back to work before I get into any trouble :wink:

Splat
07-06-2012, 10:15 AM
:grin: so a closet HD fan ............... well then he just HAS to become a member
All HD fans are in the closet :evil4:...chaps and all...

Splat
07-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Why does horsepower + HD + noise in a single sentence made me think of John Deere :tongue3:

At least John Deere trekkers have horsepower....unlike their smaller cousins ;-)

AMZ
07-06-2012, 10:34 AM
http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?35999-Think-Bike-Banking-Details

[COLOR=#DDA0DD]

Haaacckkscuuuussse me?

I have a John Deere and it is nowhere near as noisy or full of vibrations.

Fox
07-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Haaacckkscuuuussse me?

I have a John Deere and it is nowhere near as noisy or full of vibrations.

ppppppppppppppffffffffffffffffttttttttttt ... BWHA-hahahahahahahaahhahahaha

colyvon
07-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Over the years the Forum has grown and evolved beyond anyone’s expectation and the current Board has spent many hours debating how to ensure that the Forum is used to its best advantage to further the core aims of the campaign – Raising Awareness, Saving Lives.

First, a bit of background. As you all may be aware, the forum is visited by three groups of people:

• Unregistered users (visitors / general public)
• Registered users (“Forumites” – those who have registered and created profiles)
• TB Members (Registered users who have also joined the campaign)

There are also three tiers of access on the forum:

• Public Boards – viewable by all, but only registered users can post
• Members only – viewable only to Registered users who have also joined the campaign
• Private Boards for Groups such as Marshalling, Education, etc - viewable only to Registered users who belong to a specific team

What is also not often taken into consideration is that Think Bike, the campaign, funds the hosting of the forum through the sponsorships, membership fees and other income generated by the teams that make use of the Private Boards mentioned above. Often the malcontent generated on the Forum results in the loss of income or members, something a campaign of our nature cannot afford.

There have also been suggestions on a number of occasions that the Forum should be open only to paid-up members of the campaign, and while we have discussed this as an option, we feel that we could not justify locking away a source of valuable safety information from anyone who could benefit from it. The Board has noted that we need to take responsibility for this and have decided to change the current access and moderation format to satisfy all users, without allowing potential damage to the campaign.

One of the first areas we tackled was the issue of costs. We have changed our hosting option from an international managed dedicated server that cost us R14 000 per year, to a local hosting option of just over R7 000 per year. We are also going to redesign the website, ensuring that it is a more user-friendly and informative experience for web-goers. We also want to focus the Forum to the TB emphasis of safety and awareness, by giving the public the opportunity to get value from the relevant posts around these subjects, but limit their access to the general banter areas - where strife often originates. This will also provide a solution to our manpower issue and give the moderators the ability to effectively moderate the public areas and to keep these discussions on track and civil at all times.

So, how is this going to impact you as a registered user or member?

Possibly not as much as it may sound, except from a moderation perspective. The formula that we have chosen to apply will be as follows:

• Unregistered users - will see, but not be able to reply to, Better Biking boards only
• Registered users - will see and be able to reply to Better Biking boards only
• TB Members – will have access to see and reply to all boards except the Private Boards
• Private Boards will remain as they are and be available to the specific teams for which they were created.

The Moderators will all primarily be assigned to all the Better Biking boards and moderate these strictly as their primary function will be to:

• Keep threads on topic
• Delete hijacks
• Delete flame baiting

Our vision is that this will:

• Still attract new members as they will be able to see the information that pertains to the core function of TB; as a guest or become a registered user to participate in discussions.
• Keep the goals of Think Bike "on track" via the focused use of the Forum.
• Allow the moderators to apply consistent and less time-consuming efforts to keeping posts constructive.

:thumbleft: :evil4:

AMZ
07-06-2012, 11:06 AM
:thumbleft: :evil4:

This is on topic, no flame bait here either. This is a subtle marketing plan to lure Splat back to membership.

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 11:17 AM
I believe that exclusive boards have limited value - that is just me. Look at the difference in size between the Ford ST and ST Owners memberships and levels of activity.

Could you please get the site to stop mailing me post alerts for threads I have posted in, just to have the door slapped in my face.

Tx.

AMZ
07-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Could you please get the site to stop mailing me post alerts for threads I have posted in, just to have the door slapped in my face.

Tx.

Sorry, no can do. You subscribed to those threads, so you need to unsubscribe. Go to your SETTINGS and do from there please.

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Sorry, no can do. You subscribed to those threads, so you need to unsubscribe. Go to your SETTINGS and do from there please.

Which I would gladly do, except for the fact that the thread does not appear in the SETTINGS. Nor does any other Pub threads.

SmartTart
07-06-2012, 11:27 AM
I believe that exclusive boards have limited value - that is just me. Look at the difference in size between the Ford ST and ST Owners memberships and levels of activity.
Tx.

Considering there is only one exclusive board, a non biking related banter board, this will in no way limit the value of the safety & awareness information that you have full access to.
Anmd just a thought n the activity side - since closing the pub to unregistered users a few weeks ago, the activity on our site has not been affected negatively in any way, in fact the info links now on google are focused on safety & awareness, instead of being cluttered with banter threads, and there is more traffic through the important boards now.

When you get an email alert, there is also an unsubscribe link contained in it. By clicking on this, it will automatically unscubsribe you from that thread.
Hope that helps?

Stranger
07-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Which I would gladly do, except for the fact that the thread does not appear in the SETTINGS. Nor does any other Pub threads.

Click on settings at the top of the page
look at the bottom for subscribed threads, hope this helps

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 11:33 AM
When you get an email alert, there is also an unsubscribe link contained in it. By clicking on this, it will automatically unscubsribe you from that thread.
Hope that helps?

Click on settings at the top of the page
look at the bottom for subscribed threads, hope this helps

Geez but you're a helpful and hopeful bunch! :twisted:

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
That is exactly what I am referring to. The strength of any club or association is the personal ties and bonds of the people in that grouping. These get formed by the kind of conversations in the Pub. Now you have a closed group and I, as an outsider, have lost my compunction to join you in any activities. So you will have the same people attending the same meetings and runs and without growth you will fade away eventually.

The thread I am referring to is the dog thread, an area of expertise I believe I can contribute in. Or in HR related matters. Or rugby coaching. Now that knowledge is lost to posters in the Pub.

I will use the link in the mail, thanks a lot.

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
That is exactly what I am referring to. The strength of any club or association is the personal ties and bonds of the people in that grouping. These get formed by the kind of conversations in the Pub. Now you have a closed group and I, as an outsider, have lost my compunction to join you in any activities. So you will have the same people attending the same meetings and runs and without growth you will fade away eventually.

I disagree. In the majority of cases this will make people want to join.

But to be quite honest, my support for this change is to cut out the riffraff that derail the focus in some of their posts. We have had to spend a lot of time in moderating that kind of *** without any return on the investment in time.

If this makes us lose your potential membership, it is truly regrettable, but on the whole this change has been for the better.

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I disagree. In the majority of cases this will make people want to join.

But to be quite honest, my support for this change is to cut out the riffraff that derail the focus in some of their posts. We have had to spend a lot of time in moderating that kind of *** without any return on the investment in time.

If this makes us lose your potential membership, it is truly regrettable, but on the whole this change has been for the better.

So your argument is that, by making the Pub exclusive, people will join as members?

Surely you have a system in place to deal with "riffraff" - a warning and then a ban?

This approach works on 4x4community, where all areas are available to all people.

But do not worry, I will still wave at TB members and give the space when I am in my car...:salute:

SmartTart
07-06-2012, 11:50 AM

On the flip side of this, is when folks search for info on biking related safety and awareness, they are met with a barrage of unrelated dog / HR / etc links and it dilutes the TB message that we are trying to get out to the mass population.
And so the TB campaign message loses focus, and the folks that contribute to making the Forum hosting possible look to us to maintain and protect that focus.
The events boards are still open to the public...so I doubt that we will fade away eventually because we have chosen to stay focused and keep the campaign message paramount to general banter.

SmartTart
07-06-2012, 11:52 AM
So your argument is that, by making the Pub exclusive, people will join as members?

No, our argument is that if we offer the right information, aligned to the campaign goals, we will have people join us as members.

If we keep diluting that message with animals, sport and weapons, we may well lose potential members who have no interest in these...

Once they have joined they can then also have the added bonus of engaging in conversations relating to other interests

Scorpius
07-06-2012, 11:54 AM
When we tried to do moderation like the other forums did, we were designated as draconian, facists etc is terms that came to mind :(

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 11:54 AM
So your argument is that, by making the Pub exclusive, people will join as members?Yes.

Surely you have a system in place to deal with "riffraff" - a warning and then a ban?Of course we do. The problem is that too much effort had to go into that. So this is the new way of dealing with riffraff: join as a member and then ask your "sensible" questions. (not inferring you're one)

Unfortunately, as you may have noticed in your forum experiences, some people cannot get over the power they suddenly have behind a keyboard. By losing you (and other potentially valuable members), we are taking the bitter with the sweet. We will lose valuable people too, but the amount of riffraff we're losing does balance that out for us.

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 11:56 AM

No, our argument is...

Yes.

And as you can see, we are all in agreement on this.

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 11:59 AM
On the flip side of this, is when folks search for info on biking related safety and awareness, they are met with a barrage of unrelated dog / HR / etc links and it dilutes the TB message that we are trying to get out to the mass population.
And so the TB campaign message loses focus, and the folks that contribute to making the Forum hosting possible look to us to maintain and protect that focus.
The events boards are still open to the public...so I doubt that we will fade away eventually because we have chosen to stay focused and keep the campaign message paramount to general banter.

Yes, but then you should do away with the Pub altogether and just focus on the TB message. Why then have the Pub?

SmartTart
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
No, our argument is that if we offer the right information, aligned to the campaign goals, we will have people join us as members.

If we keep diluting that message with animals, sport and weapons, we may well lose potential members who have no interest in these...

Once they have joined they can then also have the added bonus of engaging in conversations relating to other interests

Yes, but then you should do away with the Pub altogether and just focus on the TB message. Why then have the Pub?

For exactly the reason I posted above - a nice to have, but not necessarily the focus of the campaign.

WBro
07-06-2012, 12:02 PM

Cos the pub is where it all happens (well sometimes...)

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 12:02 PM

I disagree with you, the TB info is available anyway, why join to access it.

With reference to your last sentence: so the R190 is for the BONUS of chatting about things unrelated to biking with members????

SmartTart
07-06-2012, 12:03 PM
And as you can see, we are all in agreement on this.

As we always are/n't :evil4:

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 12:04 PM
When we tried to do moderation like the other forums did, we were designated as draconian, facists etc is terms that came to mind :(

Who cares. You, as moderators, are the custodians of the TOS and site.

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Who cares. You, as moderators, are the custodians of the TOS and site.

My sentiments exactly. However, the time that went into managing it was not worth our while.

Take the time going into replying to your (sensible) questions. Then try to imagine how much went into moderating a bunch of sh*t-stirrers without any kind of gain coming from it. Here we're trying to convince you to stay and become a member. You're not exactly impressed with the efforts, but you're not being insulting or derogatory either. That we can do.

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 12:09 PM
My point is that the general banter section of most sites is what brings people back to the site, gets them involved and keeps them involved.

I sold my 4x4 16 months ago, but still visit 4x4community every day, just for the banter and general threads.

Unfortunately I will not visit the TB site almost every day, as I did since I have joined, as the Pub was the draw card and the rest the substance.

If it is moderated according to the TOS, there would be no bar fights.

Just my 2c worth.

PS: It is not about the money, but about the principles involved....

SmartTart
07-06-2012, 12:10 PM

With reference to your last sentence: so the R190 is for the BONUS of chatting about things unrelated to biking with members????

Just a small fact here - The majority of our paid up members do not frequent the Forum, but are well aware that a very small portion of their R190 goes towards spreading the TB ethos via the Forum.

Remember - it is not R190 to join the Forum to see the Pub, the R190 is campaign membership - it is R190 for your annual RoadCover, a membership card that gets you discounts are a whole lot of ATGATT suppliers and some DNR's.

You pop into Full Throttle, get 10% off a R2000 jacket and you have already saved more than what you spent on membership.

Who wants to join a safety and awareness campaign if the first posts you see are about non related topics, no matter how valuable they are? We need to ensure we stay true to the campaign goals.

Even worse, what if no body paid at all and we could no longer pay for the Forum?

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 12:10 PM
PS: It is not about the money, but about the principles involved....

Sure, I took it that way.

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 12:16 PM
OK, here is an alternative proposal.

This is post no 25. Why not make the Pub available after a certain amount of posts. Then the person has contributed to the forum in ways unrelated to the Pub. And a quick glance would determine if the poster is a ^&%&^ stirrer or somebody that can be of value to get to know.

And be ruthless with the TOS ignorers, kick them out of the Pub.

My point is, R190 is to little to sort the wheat from the chaff....:grin:

Stranger
07-06-2012, 12:20 PM

No, the real focus of the 190 bucks is to contribute to the ongoing wellbeing of the campaign, there are thousands of people who never visit the forum that have a bumper sticker or a Do Not Remove on a helmet. That is the core purpose. raising awareness, saving lives

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 12:20 PM

You are quite right about that too.

However, what is interesting is that these stirrers actually do not want to join. They do not want to conform, nor do they want to imply that they're supporting the campaign, or agreeing with disciplinary issues. The fact that R190 does not really seperate the wheat from the chaff, makes it clear that it was about the person not wanting to stop stirring. There was never any intention to join the safety awareness campaign.

Once again, not implying you are one of them. (Politics 101 - stick around, you can learn a lot!)

SmartTart
07-06-2012, 12:22 PM
OK, here is an alternative proposal.

This is post no 25. Why not make the Pub available after a certain amount of posts. Then the person has contributed to the forum in ways unrelated to the Pub. And a quick glance would determine if the poster is a ^&%&^ stirrer or somebody that can be of value to get to know.

And be ruthless with the TOS ignorers, kick them out of the Pub.

We can take that under consideration, but at this stage we are still too limited on volunteer hours to run with an idea like that
Not sure if you are aware but everyone that works in the background, does this for free - there are no employed salaried staff at all - we give as much time as we can to the campaign. This is also part of the rationale behined focusing the Forum content.

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 12:26 PM
No, the real focus of the 190 bucks is to contribute to the ongoing wellbeing of the campaign, there are thousands of people who never visit the forum that have a bumper sticker or a Do Not Remove on a helmet. That is the core purpose. raising awareness, saving lives

That is great, but the why tie in access to the Pub with the R190 membership?

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 12:28 PM
They do not want to conform, nor do they want to imply that they're supporting the campaign, or agreeing with disciplinary issues. The fact that R190 does not really seperate the wheat from the chaff, makes it clear that it was about the person not wanting to stop stirring. There was never any intention to join the safety awareness campaign.

Ban them, they contribute nothing and will be 0% trouble if banned.

Stranger
07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
That is great, but the why tie in access to the Pub with the R190 membership?

Well, you were the first one to mention bonus. The forum is not the campaign, it is a privilege kindly supplied by the Think Bike Campaign in the interest of spreading good information to people that otherwise would not have access to such.

Pub = bonus

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
We can take that under consideration, but at this stage we are still too limited on volunteer hours to run with an idea like that
Not sure if you are aware but everyone that works in the background, does this for free - there are no employed salaried staff at all - we give as much time as we can to the campaign. This is also part of the rationale behined focusing the Forum content.

I understand that it is a volunteer organization.

My point stays that enforcing the TOS takes very little time, and strict enforcement leads to correct behavior.

Stranger
07-06-2012, 12:32 PM

My point stays that enforcing the TOS takes very little time, and strict enforcement leads to correct behavior.

that statement beggars your own argument

AMZ
07-06-2012, 12:32 PM

The thread I am referring to is the dog thread, an area of expertise I believe I can contribute in. Or in HR related matters. Or rugby coaching. Now that knowledge is lost to posters in the Pub.

I will use the link in the mail, thanks a lot.

Four new members since yesterday. Will you be #5 perhaps? Please consider, especially if The Pub is important to you.

One possible way to enforce something strictly is to close it to only certain people.

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Well, you were the first one to mention bonus. The forum is not the campaign, it is a privilege kindly supplied by the Think Bike Campaign in the interest of spreading good information to people that otherwise would not have access to such.

Pub = bonus

I cannot understand your reasoning. I did not mention the Pub as a bonus, that was inferred from a statement by one of the members.

I will refrain from further comment in this regard, my final thought is that instead of addressing the problem of trolling, you have posted a blank access ban. Which influences people like me. And it will have an influence on people wanting to become involved, as the site becomes an information board, instead of a forum.

Just a final thought. The 4x4community has no "private" sites and their stats are.....Threads: 90,511, Posts: 1,084,279, Members: 26,097 / Users active in the past 24 hours: 12017 (1798 members and 10219 guests)

Makes you think, doesn't it.

Good day, gentlemen and ladies.

Splat
07-06-2012, 12:43 PM
you're being very generous in using these words :evil4:

AMZ
07-06-2012, 12:45 PM
you're being very generous in using these words :evil4:

I am sure he used the words in the loosest possible form.

So, when are you joining? Come on! Admit you have been a closet member for years now. Quickly ask your boss' permission, let's go!

Splat
07-06-2012, 12:49 PM
I am sure he used the words in the loosest possible form.
Of that I have no doubt :thumbleft:

So, when are you joining? Come on! Admit you have been a closet member for years now. Quickly ask your boss' permission, let's go!
I'm not a "closet" anything (I don't ride, own, or ever want anything to do with, HD) and I don't have a boss...only a "manager". But she's quite happy for me to run free and cause k@k when I feel like it. She's a real lady in that way... :headbang:

And just so you get the picture, once and for all....I will never be rejoining :cool: (especially not after experiencing the pleasure of the forum without the pub :cheers:)

Maars
07-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Wonder what happened to Outcast :dontknow:

AMZ
07-06-2012, 12:52 PM
And just so you get the picture, once and for all....I will never be rejoining :cool:

Never is such a long, long time. If you are afraid of Enduro, I will ask on your behalf.

Splat
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Never is such a long, long time. If you are afraid of Enduro, I will ask on your behalf.
You have my blessing...but I have a feeling she feels even more strongly about it than I do :laughing3:

Splat
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Wonder what happened to Outcast :dontknow:
was cast out :dontknow:

AMZ
07-06-2012, 12:58 PM
You have my blessing...but I have a feeling she feels even more strongly about it than I do :laughing3:

Okay. No problem. I understand. You want to be me. Cool that.

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 12:59 PM

I can hear you breathing... :twisted:

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 01:02 PM
:cheers: congratulations to our newest member :cheers:

welcome Splat :headbang:

I'm sure Smarty will add your members badge ASAP and grant you access to the Pub

:badgrin: It's great to have you on board

Scorpius
07-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Of that I have no doubt :thumbleft:

I'm not a "closet" anything (I don't ride, own, or ever want anything to do with, HD) and I don't have a boss...only a "manager". But she's quite happy for me to run free and cause k@k when I feel like it. She's a real lady in that way... :headbang:

And just so you get the picture, once and for all....I will never be rejoining :cool: (especially not after experiencing the pleasure of the forum without the pub :cheers:)

Hey Splat!!!

You can always join and by special request being denied access to the pub :evil4:

Just ask SmartTart nicely :)

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Hey Splat!!!

You can always join and by special request being denied access to the pub :evil4:

Just ask SmartTart nicely :)

:grin: get with the program, Splat is now a member .... just ask Smarty

Stranger
07-06-2012, 01:14 PM
:popcorn:

AMZ
07-06-2012, 01:24 PM
:popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 01:26 PM

hungry :dontknow:

Stranger
07-06-2012, 01:27 PM
hungry :dontknow:

For the first time in a long time, I am looking forward to this one.

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 01:28 PM
:occasion5:

AMZ
07-06-2012, 01:29 PM

Myself!

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 01:30 PM

:grin: look here now, Splat misses the Harley Owners fred and the poor oke does not have a bike ........... bikers look out for each other you know :thumbleft:

SmartTart
07-06-2012, 01:30 PM

I'm sure Smarty will add your members badge ASAP and grant you access to the Pub

All sorted :)

Scorpius
07-06-2012, 01:31 PM
:grin: get with the program, Splat is now a member .... just ask Smarty

Ok, ok, just because your electrons via the interweb doesn't have all the distance to travel as mine did, no need to get snotty about it :D:D:D:D:D

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 01:31 PM
:grin: look here now, Splat misses the Harley Owners fred and the poor oke does not have a bike ........... bikers look out for each other you know :thumbleft:

And it seems like Hardly owners also look out for bikers. That is very sweet!

colyvon
07-06-2012, 01:32 PM

I'll see your :popcorn::popcorn: and raise you:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

AMZ
07-06-2012, 01:33 PM
All sorted :)

Uh oh!!!!

:hiding:

Stranger
07-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Anyone know a picture framer

AMZ
07-06-2012, 01:38 PM

It is so beautiful. I am tearing up here. Picture perfect, if I ever saw picture perfect. *sniff*

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 01:40 PM
And it seems like Hardly owners also look out for bikers. That is very sweet!

:badgrin: ya .... we will teach you a thing or two yet youngun

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Ok, ok, just because your electrons via the interweb doesn't have all the distance to travel as mine did, no need to get snotty about it :D:D:D:D:D

:shock: the interwebs live in Cape Town :shock:

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 01:45 PM

SmartTart
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM

First round of pink drinks are on me!

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
you call that a pussy :dontknow:

AMZ
07-06-2012, 01:56 PM

This should really be on Facebook.

Swallow
07-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Oh come on...it should ATLEAST say Sponsored by Harley...

:idea: Byline :cheers:

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 02:06 PM

:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3:

Scorpius
07-06-2012, 02:08 PM

:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::thumbleft:

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Sponsored by Harley...

:-p oh please please please please great Admin's

Stranger
07-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Oy that pic is my property

But the admins have permission to add

sponsored by John Deere :badgrin:

Splat
07-06-2012, 02:23 PM

I did not ask for this and do not want it. Money is NOT the issue. If my (actually LH's) badge and access are not removed with immediate effect, I will not be revisiting the forum again.

Do not take actions on behalf of another without asking their permission/agreement first. This is a HUGE insult and I will appreciate if your error is rectified without delay.

Lone Hog - I appreciate the intention, but reject the actions that have followed.

Note: NO SMILIES!!!!!

And YES...this has p!ssed me off BIG TIME!!

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Lone Hog - I appreciate the intention, but reject the actions that have followed.

:thumbleft:

Splat
07-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I did not ask for this and do not want it. Money is NOT the issue. If my (actually LH's) badge and access are not removed with immediate effect, I will not be revisiting the forum again.

Do not take actions on behalf of another without asking their permission/agreement first. This is a HUGE insult and I will appreciate if your error is rectified without delay.

Thank you

PS - mess with my non-membership at your own peril

Stranger
07-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Can I direct you here

http://www.roadcover.co.za/

Swallow
07-06-2012, 02:34 PM

:grin::wink::oops::-D:smile::pirate::twisted::laughing6::iconbiggrin:: laughing8::toothy8:
I'll sponsor you some Splat :cheers:

WBro
07-06-2012, 02:35 PM

It was funny though...

AMZ
07-06-2012, 02:39 PM
It was funny though...

Indeed, it was, but we forgot, Splat only has a sense of humour when he is dishing it out.

Swallow
07-06-2012, 02:39 PM
It was funny though...

And we still have a pic as proof :badgrin:

WBro
07-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Indeed, it was, but we forgot, Splat only has a sense of humour when he is dishing it out.

remember this one:

Can you believe some people?? FFS!!! - JOKE#. Funny Ha-Ha (http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?39339-Can-you-believe-some-people-FFS!!!-JOKE-Funny-Ha-Ha)

Splat
07-06-2012, 02:47 PM
And we still have a pic as proof :badgrin:

would've been better to have the pic of my post stating that I will never become a member :cool:

Geez...all this effort just for me. First the guys sending me pub posts by email, now this....aaahhh shucks, guys! :shock:

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 02:49 PM
would've been better to have the pic of my post stating that I will never become a member :cool:

Geez...all this effort just for me. First the guys sending me pub posts by email, now this....aaahhh shucks, guys! :shock:

:badgrin: it's cause deep down we alls secretly likes you oke

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 02:50 PM

Choices, choices... :twisted:

Splat
07-06-2012, 02:52 PM

remember this one:

Can you believe some people?? FFS!!! - JOKE#. Funny Ha-Ha (http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?39339-Can-you-believe-some-people-FFS!!!-JOKE-Funny-Ha-Ha)
Yes...I remember it well ;-)

This has got nothing whatsoever to do with a sense of humour. This is taking liberties as admins on the forum to go against someone's expressed wishes.

theRéhann
07-06-2012, 02:54 PM
This has got nothing whatsoever to do with a sense of humour. This is taking liberties as admins on the forum to go against someone's expressed wishes.

Geez, then I suppose we should not tell him about the other thing...

Stranger
07-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes...I remember it well ;-)

Can we pretend that airplanes In the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now Wish right now, wish right now
Can we pretend that airplanes In the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now Wish right now, wish right now

Stranger
07-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Geez, then I suppose we should not tell him about the other thing...

Nah, don't he is better off not knowing

Road Rage
07-06-2012, 02:56 PM

:oops: blame me ............ it's all my fault you became a member .... very briefly

:badgrin: you will be recieving your HOG membership pack in the mail, can I please have a picture of you for the HOG website (preferably wearing chaps with tassels) :thumbleft:

Wild Child
07-06-2012, 03:10 PM
:badgrin: you will be recieving your HOG membership pack in the mail, can I please have a picture of you for the HOG website (preferably wearing chaps with tassels) :thumbleft:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAWAAHAHAHAHAA :laughing3::laughing3:

zx14
07-06-2012, 03:10 PM
:oops: blame me ............ it's all my fault you became a member .... very briefly

I'll pay for a copy of that!

AMZ
07-06-2012, 03:14 PM

Please stop! He is frothing at the mouth already. You keep this up and he will be berating TB all over Facebook .... again .... or worse, threaten to never come back!

zx14
07-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Please stop! He is frothing at the mouth already. You keep this up and he will be berating TB all over Facebook .... again .... or worse, threaten to never come back!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Rainier Vermaak
07-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Geez, with all the crap you guys are posting on here, and then complaining about not having time to moderate the Pub makes me break my self-imposed silence!!!!!:grin:

Splat
07-06-2012, 03:18 PM
And I felt real dirty...very briefly :violent1:

and my cheque is in the mail too?

Splat
07-06-2012, 03:21 PM
I'll pay for a copy of that!
you have a better chance of owning "The Spear" .... :tongue3: