PDA

View Full Version : Regional challenges on a National scale

Swallow
24-03-2012, 08:26 AM
So... I am thinking...why dont we have some challenges for each region??

Start with something small like a brekkie run with fellow TB members. Yes...easy for the GP and WC regions..but a challenge for your "poorer" cousins, who hardly...if ever actually get together :sad5:
Naturally, if the smaller regions can start getting together more often, we will be able to grow these and expand them...thus creating TB awareness there too...
Just a random thought...floating in my brain...

Whatcha think?? Start small (brekkie run) get bigger...a National Banner Day in each region...

dan734
24-03-2012, 09:00 AM
You will have my Support think it is a great idea!

Candyman
24-03-2012, 09:13 PM
So... I am thinking...why dont we have some challenges for each region??

Start with something small like a brekkie run with fellow TB members. Yes...easy for the GP and WC regions..but a challenge for your "poorer" cousins, who hardly...if ever actually get together :sad5:
Naturally, if the smaller regions can start getting together more often, we will be able to grow these and expand them...thus creating TB awareness there too...
Just a random thought...floating in my brain...

Whatcha think?? Start small (brekkie run) get bigger...a National Banner Day in each region...

:thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft::thumbleft:

Budah
24-03-2012, 10:00 PM
In my experience it takes time and patience to grow a group of passionate riders. You're on the right track. Just keep at it, be consistent and pitch if an event is advertised, even if you pitch alone on the first few rides. Then take lotsa pics and let others see what great fun you'z had. Somewhere along the line, the event will become synchronised into everyone's calander and before you know it, you're Raising Awareness and Saving Lives.

Mags
25-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Great idea Swallow - even if it starts small :salute:

Aquaman
25-03-2012, 06:55 AM
Actually a great idea..why not chuck in something solid such as a new membership drive too...based on a handicap system...say sliding scale of new members as % of current members..smaller regions could stand better chance to win ..?

Swallow
25-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Thats sort of what I was thinking AM...by getting people together (who may not normally get together) and then have an "invite a buddy" ride, it could increase the membership and grow TB in each area :grin:
eg... In PE - ThinkBike is just a catch phrase used by everyone to actually slag bikers :banghead: - I dont actually think it is widely known that TB is a campaign to save bikers by creating awareness :banghead:
So...if a group of TBers get together here, it could VISIBLY change perceptions about what TB is actually about (and a good excuse to ride together at least once a month) ...

Candyman
25-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Thats sort of what I was thinking AM...by getting people together (who may not normally get together) and then have an "invite a buddy" ride, it could increase the membership and grow TB in each area :grin:
eg... In PE - ThinkBike is just a catch phrase used by everyone to actually slag bikers :banghead: - I dont actually think it is widely known that TB is a campaign to save bikers by creating awareness :banghead:
So...if a group of TBers get together here, it could VISIBLY change perceptions about what TB is actually about (and a good excuse to ride together at least once a month) ...

Does anyone know how many TBérs there actually are in PE that is registered on the forum:dontknow:

Swallow
25-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Yip :thumbleft: ... A list was started last year...and our dear Tao keeps it updated. There is a list of East Londoners on it too :cool:

Candyman
25-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Yip :thumbleft: ... A list was started last year...and our dear Tao keeps it updated. There is a list of East Londoners on it too :cool:

Then that is a great starting point. Contact them and get them activily involved. Just point then to GP team to tell what loads of fun it is

Swallow
25-03-2012, 07:38 AM
The PE group have got together a few times since last year :cheers: .. And our next brekkie run is next week :bounce: ... I wanted to post the challenge so other regions could possibly do the same. Its not difficult - and even if 4 people pitch...it will grow :cheers: ...
We have no "Regional Head" ...but lots of passion within our small group...and I am very proud to be in that group :salute:

Swallow
25-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Its simple to get the ball rolling...you just need a group willing to roll with you :thumbleft:
http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?57428-PE-Brekkie-runs-and-get-togethers

Swallow
25-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Come on TB SA - when's your next group event :dontknow:

TB PE riding this Sunday :headbang:
http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?57428-PE-Brekkie-runs-and-get-togethers&p=925525#post925525

We might be small...but we're growing :cheers: - and we're not afraid to ride together :salute:
Photos on Monday :grin:

HUNT3R
25-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Come on TB SA - when's your next group event :dontknow:

TB PE riding this Sunday :headbang:
http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?57428-PE-Brekkie-runs-and-get-togethers&p=925525#post925525

We might be small...but we're growing :cheers: - and we're not afraid to ride together :salute:
Photos on Monday :grin:
Photos??

*runs and hides*

Swallow
25-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Photos??

*runs and hides*

Aha...best you behave young one...kekekekeke

Budah
25-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Here, http://www.presidentscouncilec.co.za/, TB is heard of, so branch out.

Swallow
28-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Here, http://www.presidentscouncilec.co.za/, TB is heard of, so branch out.

I have planned to - invited to chat to them at their next meeting about TB :grin:

Budah
28-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I have planned to - invited to chat to them at their next meeting about TB :grin:

Way to go :thumbleft: