PDA

View Full Version : ThinkBike Trailer

AMZ
23-03-2012, 01:36 PM
We have recently decided to purchase two trailers for use by ThinkBike volunteers when on the job. The first of these were delivered yesterday and the 2nd is being build as I type. Trailer 1 will be used in GP, whilst Trailer 2 will go down to Cape Town for use by the WC group. Both are basically duel purpose trailers, i.e. flat bed bike trailers with loose containers specially built to bolt on top of the flat bed in various configurations to turn the trailer into a luggage trailer. We believe the addition of these trailers will make our events team more mobile. In fact, the trailer is in use today to cart scooters to a venue where TB will be helping with a Team Building event for a company.

Special thanks to Réhann for his work in this regard.

Directly after delivery.

Trailer at work.

Elouise
23-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow! Thx everybody involved, especially Réhann.

colyvon
23-03-2012, 01:42 PM
A great move, well done. The dual purpose is a brilliant idea.:salute:

WBro
23-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Great news!

Multipurpose is the way to go!

Road Rage
23-03-2012, 01:48 PM
:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3: and it's always the Harley okes that get accussed of trailering their bikes

ta2bryan
23-03-2012, 01:49 PM
I am truely heartened to see the huge strides TB is making under the current administration.
Well done to all!

Scorpius
23-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Great news!! :)

Speed Devil
23-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Great news. Well done Rehann and all involved:thumbleft::notworthy:

AMZ
23-03-2012, 02:39 PM
:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3: and it's always the Harley okes that get accussed of trailering their bikes

We, at TB, care deeply for all our members.

Trevelle
23-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I saw that trailer today....its awesome......

Now we have THREE (3) trailers that can be used for TB events.

-Az-
23-03-2012, 09:15 PM
I saw that trailer today....its awesome......

Now we have THREE (3) trailers that can be used for TB events.

Where'd we get a third from?

Trevelle
23-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Where'd we get a third from?The 2 new ones just bought AND the Gauteng Marshalls trailer that should be used for TB events when not being used for a marshalling gig.

Requiem
23-03-2012, 11:00 PM

Coachman
24-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Well done to the "movers and shakers" :)

Budah
24-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Awesome Dudes, nou plak dai trailers vol TB stickers.

Mags
25-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Will be done asap, but I don't think it has been stationary long enough for branding to take place yet :wink:

RoseThorn
25-03-2012, 11:04 AM
The 2 new ones just bought AND the Gauteng Marshalls trailer that should be used for TB events when not being used for a marshalling gig.

Marshals Trailer for marshal events only .....

Trevelle
25-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Marshals Trailer for marshal events only .....WHY....that's not a practical thing to do.....surely marshalls trailer should be used where necessary for the TB campaign..??

RoseThorn
25-03-2012, 06:50 PM
We have recently decided to purchase two trailers for use by ThinkBike volunteers when on the job. The first of these were delivered yesterday and the 2nd is being build as I type. Trailer 1 will be used in GP, whilst Trailer 2 will go down to Cape Town for use by the WC group. Both are basically duel purpose trailers, i.e. flat bed bike trailers with loose containers specially built to bolt on top of the flat bed in various configurations to turn the trailer into a luggage trailer. We believe the addition of these trailers will make our events team more mobile. In fact, the trailer is in use today to cart scooters to a venue where TB will be helping with a Team Building event for a company.

Special thanks to Réhann for his work in this regard.

Directly after delivery.

Trailer at work.

Looking good - this will work very well for TB events.

Scobs
25-03-2012, 08:44 PM
cool

Alsdad
25-03-2012, 08:59 PM
WHY....that's not a practical thing to do.....surely marshalls trailer should be used where necessary for the TB campaign..??

I would think that any TB asset should be utilized to benefit any aspect of the campaign, where possible, so agree with the above.

colyvon
25-03-2012, 09:22 PM
WHY....that's not a practical thing to do.....surely marshalls trailer should be used where necessary for the TB campaign..??

I would think that any TB asset should be utilized to benefit any aspect of the campaign, where possible, so agree with the above.

You both have a point, but I think what people overlook is the fact that the marshal trailer is kitted out mainly with catering equipment to supply refreshments for marshals at marshalling events, especially when there is no access to refreshment anywhere else. If one were to use the trailer for other types of events, all of this equipment would need to be removed to make room for event paraphernalia and stock such as Hi-viz vests, leaflets etc. Everything in the trailer has been packed carefully in order to optimise space (it is packed tight), to remove and store all this equipment individually would be quite a task.
If you think of the trailer as a toolbox, take the tools out and use the box for something else, chances are something is either going to go missing or get damaged. My 2c, but a moot point as a decision with regards the trailer has already been made.

Linus
25-03-2012, 11:18 PM
I think that everybody is missing this point:- The Ground Team trailer is NOT a TB asset any more

"The Board of Directors of Think Bike have therefore come to the following resolution:

The GT trailer is a source of huge friction and it is clear that the friction will not go away, no matter what efforts we put into it. The Board feels it would be better for the campaign to get rid of it as a campaign asset.

The trailer is currently being stored by RoseThorn at her residence.

The board is donating this trailer to RoseThorn and her team - or any person or juristic person she sees fit.

The only proviso for this transfer of the asset, is that the campaign must not be owed a single cent on it. The campaign issued the payment for the purchase of the trailer last year and then marshals donated money to the cause of the trailer. We will be reconciling the payments now and if there is money owed to the campaign for the purchase and/or maintenance of the trailer, an agreement must be reached to rectify the debt.

We are not prescribing anything further around the trailer. RoseThorn can register it in her name, or she can register it in the name of a business.

We are also (still) not prescribing anything around the Ground Team. It is a very nice idea that has certainly made a huge difference to marshalling events. We trust that this will go on, especially now that members' donations have really brought about an asset.

We will consult with our auditors on how to transfer the asset/s with no tax implication to anyone.

We will update everyone on the progress of the transfer."

theRéhann
26-03-2012, 08:50 AM
@Trevelle and Alsdad: Although your opinions are appreciated, we special mighty ones (aka The Board) decided to let that go - as per Linus's quote above.

Awesome Dudes, nou plak dai trailers vol TB stickers.

Will be done asap, but I don't think it has been stationary long enough for branding to take place yet :wink:Yep, I picked it up Thursday after 5pm, loaded it with scooters from Big Boy Friday morning, and just unloaded the scooters again. It literally hasn't been standing still long enough!

I am looking at costs of branding and we still have one or two partnerships that we would like to finalise and then include in the branding.

I am really happy to see the positive response on the purchase of the trailers.
Thank you for the kind words! :thumbright: