PDA

View Full Version : Northern Regions Racing

AMZ
18-01-2012, 10:39 AM
ThinkBike was approached by the organisers of the Northern Regions Racing. They have asked us to be be involved in sharing the vision of creating awareness and saving lifes, combined with their own vision of growing spectator numbers at races. As the first step, the sticker seen below will be displayed on the vehicles of organisers and competitors in Northern Regions Racing prior to each race.

We are also talking to them (will meet on Saturday) about the possibility of being involved when they do promotional work for the racing.

ta2bryan
18-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Nice one all!

Q-Ball
18-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Shot!! :thumbleft:

zx14
18-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Already in their newsletter!

Hover Ho'
18-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Am contemplating the ladie's 600 class this year, let me know if you need any help :thumbup:

AMZ
18-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Am contemplating the ladie's 600 class this year, let me know if you need any help :thumbup:

I do need help. Need a pink tutu and bra so I can compete in the ladies class. ;-)

Will certainly talk to you after Saturday.

Hover Ho'
18-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Need a pink tutu and bra so I can compete in the ladies class. ;-)
Yes, you DO need help :shock:

Will certainly talk to you after Saturday.
Kewl :thumbright:

Jadd
18-01-2012, 06:12 PM
:thumbleft: sweet

RoseThorn
18-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Very nice work ....

Bonzai
19-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Also through the sponsorship by Full Throttle NRR will have a weekly program on one of the SABC channels showing the different classes so may also be some extra expsure for TB.

AMZ
23-01-2012, 09:03 AM
So dudes and dudettes. Ar eyou joining us, or what?

Join us, or else! (http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?56001-Northern-Regions-Racing-Ride-4-Februay-2012)

Linus
25-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Outcome of the meeting?

AMZ
25-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Outcome of the meeting?

Had a nice chat with ther Chairman and Secretary. We will use the synergy between us to help each other. We want safer riding. They need spectators. They will use our logo on their stickers, we will try drum up spectator support. We will also be allowed to take part in their promotional days with a stand,etc.

Linus
25-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Sounds good :-) Maybe a link to TB on the NRR homepage?

AMZ
25-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Sounds good :-) Maybe a link to TB on the NRR homepage?

Link exchange is in the making.

Bonzai
27-01-2012, 02:50 PM
has anyone seen the stickers? Full car rear window width .. about 12 cm deep.

Full Throttle logo on the left, race details (date and track in the middle) and Think Bike on the left:cool:

AMZ
27-01-2012, 03:55 PM

Full Throttle logo on the left, race details (date and track in the middle) and Think Bike on the left:cool:

I have indeed seen them. .. On the back of my bakkkie. :tongue3:

Hover Ho'
28-01-2012, 05:06 AM

I saw one on a Mercedes (I think) and almost fell off my bike. Nice one!!

Hover Ho'
28-01-2012, 05:19 AM
I have indeed seen them. .. On the back of my bakkkie. :tongue3:
:roll:

AMZ
28-01-2012, 06:01 AM
:roll:

Are you rollinng your eys at me Aunty?

Hover Ho'
28-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Are you rollinng your eys at me Aunty?
Yes I am.... uncle :roll: Wotcha gonna do now, huh?

AMZ
28-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Yes I am.... uncle :roll: Wotcha gonna do now, huh?

Just checking beforee administering severe penalties.

Hover Ho'
28-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Just checking beforee administering severe penalties.
What....

....eva!!

Bring it on, old man!! :headbang:

AMZ
30-01-2012, 08:27 AM
bump again.

Whatsa matta!? You big mean ThinkBikers afraid of the noisy superbikes on track?

Hover Ho'
30-01-2012, 08:30 AM
bump again.

Whatsa matta!? You big mean ThinkBikers afraid of the noisy superbikes on track?
:roll: Clearly :roll:

AMZ
30-01-2012, 08:53 AM
:roll: Clearly :roll:

Bunch of sissies! I shared the track with those superbikes yesterday. They sound scary, but they don't bite.

Hover Ho'
30-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Bunch of sissies! I shared the track with those superbikes yesterday. They sound scary, but they don't bite.

Put your teeth in and say that again please?

AMZ
30-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Put your teeth in and say that again please?

Jinne! You beat my edits! You are a quicky.

Hover Ho'
30-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Not bad for a wrinkly, eh?

Bonzai
30-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Sorry HH

The Ladies class she is no more...... but there a quite a few new ladies in the Breakfast run class this year.

Hover Ho'
30-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Sorry HH

The Ladies class she is no more...... but there a quite a few new ladies in the Breakfast run class this year.
No worries, I will still support where I can. I think the expense killed the class - oh well, they tried.

craig h
30-01-2012, 10:58 AM
No worries, I will still support where I can. I think the expense killed the class - oh well, they tried.

Not sure if it was the expenses or running it like a regional class complete with a tyre rules and stuff . Breakie class is always good fun ...

AMZ
30-01-2012, 11:02 AM

It is a pity, but the moment human being compete, they automatically esculate costs to a level where only a select few can afford to participate. They are talking R5k a month to compete in the Breakfast class! That is excluding the cost of the bike. Eina!

ta2bryan
30-01-2012, 11:04 AM
bump again.

Mr. Dictator AyeEmmZee Sir, may I suggest changing the thread name to : "Northern Regions Racing this weekend at RedStar, Join us to support them" or sumting.

AMZ
30-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Mr. Dictator AyeEmmZee Sir, may I suggest changing the thread name to : "Northern Regions Racing this weekend at RedStar, Join us to support them" or sumting.

The thread where the ride is being arranged is named sumting like that.

NRR Ride on 4 Feb - Join us in support, PUHLEASE? (http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?56001-Northern-Regions-Racing-Ride-4-Februay-2012.-Please-join-us!)

Linus
30-01-2012, 11:54 AM
You left out the "or sumting" bit :-)

And just trying to decide ... emasculate ... or ... escalate?

Buelligan
30-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Whose :dontknow: :laughing8:

Not bad for a wrinkly, eh?
See. No denial :grin:

Bonzai
30-01-2012, 12:13 PM
It is a pity, but the moment human being compete, they automatically esculate costs to a level where only a select few can afford to participate. They are talking R5k a month to compete in the Breakfast class! That is excluding the cost of the bike. Eina!

Does not have to be that expensive AMZ...... yes if you buy new tyres every race yes you can spend R5k a month...

Some of us are on a tight budget so make tyres last... a set of Dunlops SportMax GP's can last a long time. The front can last almost an entire season and a back tyre 3 - 4 race weekends depending on your skill level. And you can often buy 2nd hand tyres from the "pro's" who use them for one or two races and then sell them off..

Only had 2 new rears and 1 new front tyre last year. And the 2 "new" tyres are still in my garage for use this season :grin:

craig h
30-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Does not have to be that expensive AMZ...... yes if you buy new tyres every race yes you can spend R5k a month...

Some of us are on a tight budget so make tyres last... a set of Dunlops SportMax GP's can last a long time. The front can last almost an entire season and a back tyre 3 - 4 race weekends depending on your skill level. And you can often buy 2nd hand tyres from the "pro's" who use them for one or two races and then sell them off..

Only had 2 new rears and 1 new front tyre last year. And the 2 "new" tyres are still in my garage for use this season :grin:

Ahh , well stated little tree lady , but , what about the price of rebuilding engines ??? lol . .

Agreed , you can get away with a lot less than 5k a meet . Turnong tyres , rotating between practice and race tyres ect , all saves money ...

AMZ
30-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Ahh , well stated little tree lady , but , what about the price of rebuilding engines ??? lol . .

Agreed , you can get away with a lot less than 5k a meet . Turnong tyres , rotating between practice and race tyres ect , all saves money ...

All true, but each and every cost saving measure impacts on your ability to compete and nobody wants to be last all the time, so basically costs eventually hurst the class as some will throw more money at the bike and improve and some will give up.

craig h
30-01-2012, 02:57 PM
All true, but each and every cost saving measure impacts on your ability to compete and nobody wants to be last all the time, so basically costs eventually hurst the class as some will throw more money at the bike and improve and some will give up.

Sorry bud , i do not believe that you going to becoming stone last on those cost savers . It is a very negative way of looking at it . If you wanna go racing , you going to be throwing money at it regardless . The figure of 5k a month is also then not accurate according to the coming last statemant . Beginner racers , find ways to svae money . Beginer racers all get better . Only when you getting really good and in the pionts , do you start looking at ways of getting the edge , ( which then costs big money on set up outlay costs ) .

AMZ
30-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Sorry bud , i do not believe that you going to becoming stone last on those cost savers . It is a very negative way of looking at it . If you wanna go racing , you going to be throwing money at it regardless . The figure of 5k a month is also then not accurate according to the coming last statemant . Beginner racers , find ways to svae money . Beginer racers all get better . Only when you getting really good and in the pionts , do you start looking at ways of getting the edge , ( which then costs big money on set up outlay costs ) .

Not being negative Craig. Just realistic from my point of view. Racing is an expensive sport, even in the lower classes. It is way better to to know exactly what you are in for, rather than getting in and then bailing after a few months. I have met quite a few of the racers and administrators over time and most are helpful and make it as easy as possible to start, but the cost will always be a big part of what you need to consider.

craig h
30-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Not being negative Craig. Just realistic from my point of view. Racing is an expensive sport, even in the lower classes. It is way better to to know exactly what you are in for, rather than getting in and then bailing after a few months. I have met quite a few of the racers and administrators over time and most are helpful and make it as easy as possible to start, but the cost will always be a big part of what you need to consider.

Agreed 100 percent . most new racers make the transition from doing loads of trackdays to trackdays with a prize . If a rider has done track days , they are more or less used to the cost factor ???

AMZ
30-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Agreed 100 percent . most new racers make the transition from doing loads of trackdays to trackdays with a prize . If a rider has done track days , they are more or less used to the cost factor ???

Yep. I can see that being true. In fact, I would guess that a very serious track day rider could be spending as much, if not more than a racer in on eof the beginner type classes. I watched some of these guys at RSR yesterday. Some go the whol hock. They may as well race.

Bonzai
30-01-2012, 05:46 PM
A lot of "racers" do this for fun and fun only.... It is just more fun than doing a track day. You get to "compete", whether it be at the front, middle or back of the pack...

And it is a LOT more fun than riding around in circles.. I will never be a SA champion or a National Rider, or for that matter a Supersport class rider. I race for the enjoyment and the pleasure of it. At some tracks (such as RSR) I am better than others as I have trained there often but at Kyalami I dont do well as I very rarely ride it..

It is about improving your own laptimes and not necessarily winning trophies... In the Breakfast Run class you get kicked out when you get too fast. In this way it remains a class for those who want to get into the sport and for those who enjoy the social side of racing without having to be hyper competitive.. which is why the BRC is the biggest class in Northern Regions racing. Last year there were more than 100 riders registered to the class......... tells you something about it.

craig h
02-02-2012, 01:16 PM
A lot of "racers" do this for fun and fun only.... It is just more fun than doing a track day. You get to "compete", whether it be at the front, middle or back of the pack...

And it is a LOT more fun than riding around in circles.. I will never be a SA champion or a National Rider, or for that matter a Supersport class rider. I race for the enjoyment and the pleasure of it. At some tracks (such as RSR) I am better than others as I have trained there often but at Kyalami I dont do well as I very rarely ride it..

It is about improving your own laptimes and not necessarily winning trophies... In the Breakfast Run class you get kicked out when you get too fast. In this way it remains a class for those who want to get into the sport and for those who enjoy the social side of racing without having to be hyper competitive.. which is why the BRC is the biggest class in Northern Regions racing. Last year there were more than 100 riders registered to the class......... tells you something about it.

And breakfast run is a very social class .