PDA

View Full Version : Resignation from the Board of Directors: Stranger

AMZ
13-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I have the difficult task to announce that Stranger have decided to resign from the Board of Directors. His reason is basically a difference in opinion on whether TB should have general bank account, or whether there should be two accounts. One for TB and one for the TB Marshals. Unfortunately the Board took the business decision to have only one account. Stranger feels strongly about this to step back. Regardless of whether we agree or disagree with his stance, I certainly respect his decision.

Stranger has been involved from the beginning and we will certainly miss his experience and know how on the Board. I appreciate Stranger not also resigning from ThinkBike and its activities.

Dgener8
13-01-2012, 09:34 AM
I have the difficult task to announce that Stranger have decided to resign from the Board of Directors. His reason is basically a difference in opinion on whether TB should have general bank account, or whether there should be two accounts. One for TB and one for the TB Marshals. Unfortunately the Board took the business decision to have only one account. Stranger feels strongly about this to step back. Regardless of whether we agree or disagree with his stance, I certainly respect his decision.

Stranger has been involved from the beginning and we will certainly miss his experience and know how on the Board. I appreciate Stranger not also resigning from ThinkBike and its activities.

Regardless of the reason why Stranger decided to resign, his input will be sorely missed. Paul's dedication to TB and specifically his passion for marshalling has indeed made a huge impact on all of us and more importantly on the general public out there. His tireless campaigning has brought about a change in the concept of marshalling as a whole. The differences brought about in cycling and biking has really put TB and TB Marshalling to the fore and the marshals are definitely "The Elite" in the industry. This is by NO means a fluke at all.

It's been said that there is no greater compliment to a person, or organisation, than through emulation. There have been "start-up" groups, emulating what the TB Marshals do, and do best. I have no doubt that the seeds planted by Paul will bear fruit in ways none of us expected. Through dedication and hard work, we will strive to keep this ideal alive and remain the leaders in the marshalling industry.

I have no doubt that Paul will remain as passionate in this pursuit of passion, in the background. His knowledge and experience being way too valuable not to be used.