PDA

View Full Version : Message for 2012.

AMZ
31-12-2011, 05:31 PM
December is traditionally a time of rest, with many of us taking a well-deserved break from the rat race and spending some quality time with our loved ones. If you are one of the fortunate ones that went away over the Festive Season and you are preparing for your return trip, please be safe on the road back.

In this normally quiet time, there has been a great deal happening in the the background things like day-to-day admin to tie up the loose ends and resolve a number of unfinished issues relating to the Section 21 company. There have also been* number of events, especially in the Western Cape and we were in the fortunate position to follow epic rides by ThinkBikers, right here on our forum.

As for the year ahead, there are several exciting initiatives in the pipeline.
Training, probably the single most important factor in bike safety, will get serious attention in 2012, with the Board having given its support to a training initiative that involves a professional training organisation. This initiative will enable us to offer high-quality training at a reasonable price.

We have given the undertaking that we will improve communication, throughout all aspects of Think Bike. We want 2012 to be the year in which Think Bike members and supporters will feel well-informed about the campaign. In view of this, one of the first areas we are relooking is the way we use social networking to communicate. Please feel free to offer suggestions in this respect.

As usual, the social aspect of Think Bike won't be forgotten, and in addition to member-driven (sometimes impromptu) social events, we are also looking at instituting a recurrent "Think Bike Bash" which will give members and supporters the opportunity to meet in real life and put faces to the forum names.

I am personally very excited about the possibility of an annual ThinkBike bash, such as being discussed on the forum. This, like the exciting training initiative, is also an initiative by a member and goes to show that our members are more often than not, ready to dream up, grab onto and then run with an idea. In my opinion, it is what makes ThinkBike, THINKBIKE.

As we approach the start of a fresh new year, it is customary to make resolutions for the year ahead. Whatever your personal resolutions may be, don't forget to include bike safety. Let's resolve to join forces to make 2012 the year in which we, both personally and as members and supporters of Think Bike, make a noticeable difference in making the roads safer for two-wheelers of all kinds.

On behalf of the Board of Directors, I would like to wish you and your loved ones a happy, successful and prosperous new year.

Oisin
31-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks AMZ for the message. I support what you say and look forward to a productive year ahead. Having been on a number of group rides as well as a few solo trips it is remarkable how controlled and responsible bikers are respected and deferred to by other road users. Training is essential and I am sure will go a long way to reducing the unfortunate statistics and tragedies that we see reported daily on this forum. Let us all work together to achieve the aims and objectives of Think Bike in 2012.

SuperDave
31-12-2011, 07:20 PM
+1000000

Swallow
31-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Thank you ALL for the opportu.ity to be a ThinkBike Member. It is an honour and something that drives me to be a better biker. To all the members I have met in my short time with this campaign...you have left a definite mark in my life...I would not be where I am today as a biker without your words of wisdom, time taken by YOU to show me the ropes. To the muddywaiters...your job of gagging me...job well done and with such tact :salute:
A special thank you to Lone Hog who took me under his ever protective wing, the TB gang from WC who were full of advice and good intentions, Oisin who had the guts to take a noob along on his tough butt adventure, Elouise and Inc who made me laugh...long after they left...BikerMom who showed me girls have b@lls too, Unchained who proved ANYTHING is possible, AMZ & Mags who took the time to meet me...and HoverHo...who taught me to do twisties like a pro ...the EC Members who I had a lot of laughs with...and EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU ON THE FORUM... THANK YOU.

Budah
31-12-2011, 07:22 PM
''I AM, THINK BIKE!'' Blessed New Year to all and may we impact biking in some most extra ordinary ways in the times ahead of us. Safe riding!

Elouise
31-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Thx AMZ. Well said. Support this 1000.

Fox
31-12-2011, 09:43 PM
:notworthy: :notworthy::notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
AMZ AMZ AMZ AMZ AMZ AMZ AMZ AMZ AMZ AMZ

Elouise
01-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Happy 2012 everybody.

Scorpius
01-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Good morning all, and a prosperous 2012 to all :D:)

+1000 on AMZ's message!!

Vespa 1
01-01-2012, 11:00 AM
@AMZ, Ta muchly, I am sure you guys/ girls on the committee WILL get it all right in 2012! And to all of us "THINK BIKERS" out there, members or not, lets make it a SAFE New Year!

Jadd
03-01-2012, 10:24 AM
:salute: dankie oom AMZ

Easy Rider
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks AMZ, I support this 100%
wishing a safe and prosperous 2012 for all at TB

iamgigglz
03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks AMZ.
I jumped into the TB group with both feet and haven't looked back since. The level of commitment, comradery and sensibility astounds me on a daily basis, and I feel proud to be a part of this community.

Many groups such as this have a few leaders and (sometimes) many followers. I get the feeling that the TB group is pretty much entirely made up of leaders, and your comment about members starting new initiatives for the betterment of the community is a blatant example of this.

Prospects of larger, more official events such as the annual bash and certified training point to growth within TB as an organisation, which pleases me, and I'm sure many others, no end. TB's success simply means the joy of the motorcycle will start to shed it's already fading negative image, and be enjoyed by more people in a safe manner.

Here's wishing Think Bike and all its members a successful, safe and fulfilling 2012!

09-01-2012, 04:46 PM
:salute:

Budah
09-01-2012, 05:51 PM
JoH Giiglz, you said it! Respect!

AMZ
11-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Thank you for all the positive responses. We appreciate it and it is a great foundation to take the year forward.

There is a lot happening, but something that excites me is the planned TB Bash at Oviston. It will be the first of its kind (since I became involved) and I think it is an awesome idea. We may get three people, but I hope for many more than that. Regardless, please support this. Harley owners can start saving for trailers now. Kawa owners can stockpile oil. Beemer owners can put On-Call on standby. There is lots of time to make this happen.

Let us do it!

Linus
11-01-2012, 10:34 AM
And Zooks will just arrive :-)

AMZ
11-01-2012, 10:57 AM
And Zooks will just arrive :-)

Yep. All in one piece with no help. <---- serious brown nosing.

You coming now?

Linus
11-01-2012, 10:59 AM
If it is in August and my contract is not extended again :-)

Old Dog
11-01-2012, 11:54 AM
The THINK BIKE Bash is important. Many of on the Forum don't really know anyone there, and that makes communicating difficult. Hope to be there.

THE MOOSE
11-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Yep, agree with previous posters. May the year be a good one, thanks to everybody who is involved in TB, safe riding everyone!:salute:

If you are unhappy, buy a GS. I don't say that often, you know. But it will make you happy.

PS: Linus, sort out your priorities man, what is more important, the bash or cashing in tax free Euros, sies man!:wink: