PDA

View Full Version : Unchained, unchains Multiple Sclerosis.

AMZ
17-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Over the last couple of weeks, Unchained, a long time standing and loyal ThinkBike member rode his Buell 1200 on an epic journey from Cape Town, via the Garden Route, Transkei, Durban, Johannesburg and Bloemfontein and back to Cape Town. My guestimate is, somewhere between 4500 and 5500 kilometers.

There are various threads on the forum for those interested in reading about this ride.

http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?53897-Awareness-road-trip-Epic-journey-now-on!

http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?55314-Ride-with-Unchained-or-be-a-wimp!

http://forum.thinkbike.co.za/showthread.php?55450-Ping-capies

The ride is history as Unchained arrived home, safe and sound, yesterday afternoon. The memories, I am sure will always remain.

A ride like this would be an awesome ride for any of us. For Unchained, it must rate as an epic journey as he suffers from the dreaded MS disease. Yet, he rode a Buell sportbike, loaded to the hilt, through rain and shine, all the way. ALL THE WAY!

On behalf of the ThinkBike Board, all of ThinkBike's membership and supporter base I would like to congratulate Unchained, not only for attempting the ride, but also for completing it ... always with a smile on his face. He did not ride a LazyBoy with an engine. There was no support vehicle following him. He just got on his Buell and said: "Let's ride!"

And that, he did!

I take my hat of to you, Sir. In fact, you can have my hat.

Well done!

Swallow
17-12-2011, 06:56 AM
What AMZ said + 100000
And adding....he had a positive affect on everyone who got the chance to ride with him. Very few people can claim to be able to do that. Thank you for allowing us to share in your experience.

AMZ
17-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Thank you for allowing us to share in your experience.

+1000!

Trumpet
17-12-2011, 07:02 AM
A ride like this would be an awesome ride for any of us. For Unchained, it must rate as an epic journey as he suffers from the dreaded MS disease. Yet, he rode a Buell sportbike, loaded to the hilt, through rain and shine, all the way. ALL THE WAY!

On behalf of the ThinkBike Board, all of ThinkBike's membership and supporter base I would like to congratulate Unchained, not only for attempting the ride, but also for completing it ... always with a smile on his face. He did not ride a LazyBoy with an engine. There was no support vehicle following him. He just got on his Buell and said: "Let's ride!"

And that, he did!

I take my hat of to you, Sir. In fact, you can have my hat.

Well done!

Absolutely!! Well done UC!!!

Elouise
17-12-2011, 07:02 AM
What an amazing person. As AMZ says: I offer you my hat.

Budah
17-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Hoor Hoor! Much respect UC!

Itai
17-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Of all the things you have done, I particularly salute this one, because watching you do it was fun. I'm expressing my admiration for your miraculous achievement. You met the challenge with determination, strength, and total confidence! You did it :salute:

Vespa 1
17-12-2011, 08:43 AM
What AMZ said &100%!

Unchained
17-12-2011, 09:32 AM
This is my standard "thank you" at this stage, but I have to add that I have met amazing people through Think Bike and on this trip! Regardless of what may happen / be said at times, the real biking spirit still rules supreme when the everyone gets out there and share the riding.

Thank you all once again!! :salute:

Thank you AMZ, it was an honour to be supported by Think Bike and to meet and ride with various members along the way. The same for the MS community and other supporters along the way. This trip really gave meaning to the expression "have bike, will ride".

I've met wonderful people along the way and have had the opportunity to to speak to people about Think Bike and MS in the strangest places. The Buell with the crutch or weird exhaust (pipe for crutch) somehow just attracted attention :-)

At Bloemfontein I prayed that the bike will be repaired and that I will be able to complete the journey, it was so relatively close to the end at that stage.

A report on the trip will follow, I just need time. Today I'm tired for the first time! :-)

Oisin
17-12-2011, 10:40 AM
This is my standard "thank you" at this stage, but I have to add that I have met amazing people through Think Bike and on this trip! Regardless of what may happen / be said at times, the real biking spirit still rules supreme when the everyone gets out there and share the riding.

Thank you all once again!! :salute:

Thank you AMZ, it was an honour to be supported by Think Bike and to meet and ride with various members along the way. The same for the MS community and other supporters along the way. This trip really gave meaning to the expression "have bike, will ride".

I've met wonderful people along the way and have had the opportunity to to speak to people about Think Bike and MS in the strangest places. The Buell with the crutch or weird exhaust (pipe for crutch) somehow just attracted attention :-)

At Bloemfontein I prayed that the bike will be repaired and that I will be able to complete the journey, it was so relatively close to the end at that stage.

A report on the trip will follow, I just need time. Today I'm tired for the first time! :-)
It was truly my pleasure to ride a short way with you (UC). I have met men of courage in my relatively long life, and you are one of them.

Unchained
17-12-2011, 12:49 PM
It was truly my pleasure to ride a short way with you (UC). I have met men of courage in my relatively long life, and you are one of them.

Thank you Oisin, it means a lot coming from somebody like you. I appreciate having met you and riding along. The weather wasn't pleasant but the ride was still great!

And thanks for noticing my camera bag at Kroonvaal Engen! It would have been a disaster if I left it there...

Jadd
17-12-2011, 04:56 PM
What AMZ said.
Was a privilege and a honour to lead UC on the final leg after from Alberton to his overnight stop the first night in JHB.
I'm humbled to have ridden with a man of such great courage :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: