PDA

View Full Version : KZN Coffee

Norty
13-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Can't remember if I mentioned it here before, and I'm too lazy to go search for it :D, but I think we need to still chat with Peter about the morning coffee thing. I know he said yes, in priciple, but I think we need to has out some details.

I'm thinking of Tuesday mornings. Also, I've mentioned somewhere before that I don't think we can expect them to constantly supply us with free coffee, them being a bike shop an' all. So my suggestion is we get a coffee machine (one of those filter coffee jobbies should do ), plak a couple of TB stickers on it and leave it there as our contribution. Of course, we can supply the coffee we need evey week and if they want to use it during the course of the day/week, I'm happy that they do so.

So, thoughts on that idea?

I think you right on the money. Let's see if we can get a couple guys to duscuss this evening, then we can try to bend Peter's ear.

Thursday morning not likely good, as the guys get to stay laaate that night.
Friday morning no good, as they are still recovering from the night before.

So any Mon/Tue.Wed morning suits me great.

I was thinking Mondays are usually "**** hits the fan" days :D so people might have to be at work earlier than usual and Tuesday would give a gap of Wednesday between coffee and social on Thursdays.

Although any day is fine with me.

Norty
13-04-2010, 02:39 PM
OK, so we need to try and wake this sleepy hollow of ours up.

RKay and I will be at Peter Marshall's on Thursday after work. We would like to have a chat to Peter about making a permanent morning venue.

Acks, GoldMember, Oni, Warlock - Are you guys still with us?
Alan, I know its far out for you, but once in a while is also cool.

I have sent personal invites (via PM) to the following guys and requested them to join us.

Judge
Beta21 - cant make it.
Troopa
Kippie2

I intend to search through the 190 KZN members listed on the forum, and start twisting some arms.

rkay
13-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Well, if anyone feels like getting together for coffee (or whatever else you feel like) this evening to discuss, I'm game.

rkay
13-04-2010, 02:58 PM
While we're on the subject of coffee/get togethers, let me add some more ideas here.

Even though we're looking at Marshall's as a regular morning coffee stop and we have their Thursday social, not everyone can make it there due to distance and time constraints.

So what we should maybe look at is starting a regular TB ride, like the one on easter friday. Maybe once every two months for starters. There are a lot of places around KZN that would be nice to go for a day that aren't too far out (north coast, south coast, midlands, etc).

Also, maybe start a monthly social outside of Thursday at Marshall's - dinners/braais/whatever at different locations around Durban.

I think this would make it easier for people who can't make it to Marshalls to join in because some venues might be closer for them.

All this, I think, would help to boost our numbers and would help us get TB going in KZN.

Norty
13-04-2010, 03:08 PM
While we're on the subject of coffee/get togethers, let me add some more ideas here.

Even though we're looking at Marshall's as a regular morning coffee stop and we have their Thursday social, not everyone can make it there due to distance and time constraints.

So what we should maybe look at is starting a regular TB ride, like the one on easter friday. Maybe once every two months for starters. There are a lot of places around KZN that would be nice to go for a day that aren't too far out (north coast, south coast, midlands, etc).

I like the idea of a regular ride.

We will have to keep in mind that here are actually a LOT of day/jols around Durban on the weekends. Maybe use the day jols as destination - If local, meet somewhere, ride out to nowhere, then back to the destination.

Also need to keep in mind that most rallies are on the last weekend of the month, and most are quite far ( > 100km) from Durban.

Also, maybe start a monthly social outside of Thursday at Marshall's - dinners/braais/whatever at different locations around Durban.

I think this would make it easier for people who can't make it to Marshalls to join in because some venues might be closer for them.

All this, I think, would help to boost our numbers and would help us get TB going in KZN.

Perhaps every second month at different locations.

ONI
13-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Keen, however only after June 8th, i think that's the date of my final exam :p

besides i don't have a license at the moment :(

still waiting patiently for 20th to write learners again -_-

i only take the bike out every days to prevent it from just sitting there...

Norty
13-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Keen, however only after June 8th, i think that's the date of my final exam :p

besides i don't have a license at the moment :(

i only take the bike out every days to prevent it from just sitting there...

Cool - Only 8 more weeks. tick-tock ....

ONI
13-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Cool - Only 8 more weeks. tick-tock ....
that is good or bad depends how i think about it... projects due soon, and i aint finished...

oh, and i mean 20th May... :(

kippie2
13-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi Guys,

I'll try make Marshalls on Thursday after work. It may be a brief visit though. I am going to the berg on friday with some mates and need to sort stuff and pack car etc.

EDIT: Just remembered I also have a 4x4 club meet at 7:00! Soooooo, I'll go straight from work to Marshalls, then to club meet and pack car late.