PDA

View Full Version : FALLEN Biker in Chamdor

Cronos
27-06-2008, 08:05 AM
On any given day I hate this section of our forum, so it is with great sadness in my heart that I have to come tell you guys of JC Van der Merwe.

A Venture taxi turned right in front of him and he hit him head on. He was riding a ZX10 and if they did not tell me that he got the bike 2 weeks ago, I would have no idea what bike it was. Sad part is that they have arrested the taxi driver and will be charging him with culpabale Homiside(Spelling) ONLY. let's hope they through the book at him!!!

I have taken contact numbers for one of his colleges and will be incantact with him in a few days. I have offered the support groups services and will try and organise some de-briefing for JC's co-workers. I will also try and get in contact with his family to see if they don't need anything.

What a way to start a day and ultamately a weekend!!!

R.I.P JC

DaCat
27-06-2008, 08:10 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ... sad weekend for that family :cry:

Trumpet
27-06-2008, 08:12 AM
:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

R.i.p.

Lucyfer
27-06-2008, 08:13 AM
:shock:

:evil::evil::evil:Taxi driver :banghead::banghead::banghead: I too hope they throw the book at this idiot!

R.I.P. JC

- Cronos please pass on condolences to colleagues, family and friends - wishing them strength and peace during this difficult time!

:-( What a horrible way to start the weekend :-(

Straatvalk
27-06-2008, 08:15 AM
:-(:-(:-(rip:-(:-(:-(

NightWulfe
27-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Rip :-(

vigilant
27-06-2008, 08:30 AM
R.I.P.
:evil:

MadMackie
27-06-2008, 08:46 AM
:-(:-(:-(R...I...P...:-(:-(:-(

Condolences to family and friends.
-------------------------------------------

:evil::evil::evil: Another u-turn :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Zwick_meister
27-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Saw the remnants of the accident... Was wondering is it was you Cronos.
Very sad day. RIP JC.

JolieM
27-06-2008, 08:53 AM
:shock:

:evil::evil::evil:Taxi driver :banghead::banghead::banghead: I too hope they throw the book at this idiot!

R.I.P. JC

- Cronos please pass on condolences to colleagues, family and friends - wishing them strength and peace during this difficult time!

:-( What a horrible way to start the weekend :-(

+1

This is terrible:-(

Dare To Ride
27-06-2008, 09:09 AM
On any given day I hate this section of our forum, so it is with great sadness in my heart that I have to come tell you guys of JC Van der Merwe.

A Venture taxi turned right in front of him and he hit him head on. He was riding a ZX10 and if they did not tell me that he got the bike 2 weeks ago, I would have no idea what bike it was. Sad part is that they have arrested the taxi driver and will be charging him with culpabale Homiside(Spelling) ONLY. let's hope they through the book at him!!!

I have taken contact numbers for one of his colleges and will be incantact with him in a few days. I have offered the support groups services and will try and organise some de-briefing for JC's co-workers. I will also try and get in contact with his family to see if they don't need anything.

What a way to start a day and ultamately a weekend!!!

R.I.P JC

This is so sad to hear my mom told me about it, was it at the spot where my dad had his accident?:-(

slowpoke
27-06-2008, 09:15 AM
R.I.P. :cry: :cry: :cry: condolences to family and friends

Vampire
27-06-2008, 09:15 AM
:-(:-( R.I.P...... our thoughts go out to family and friends.....

razorshane and vixen..........

SlimShady
27-06-2008, 09:21 AM
:-(:-(:-( R.I.P.

All the best to the familiy and friends...

Scar
27-06-2008, 02:26 PM
RIP. Sad, very sad.

Condolences to all.

Vixen
27-06-2008, 02:28 PM
RIP
Condolences to the family and friends :-(:-(:-(

Richardvz
27-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Good grief!

What a sad story. Please pass on our sincerest sympathies to the family.

RIP.

orgie
27-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Stekte en innige simpatie aan familie en vriende, mag julle onderskraging ondervind in hierdie tyd. Ek dink aan julle

Cronos
27-06-2008, 08:49 PM
This is so sad to hear my mom told me about it, was it at the spot where my dad had his accident?:-(

Yes DTR, it was on the very same spot :-( That section of road is getting very scary, cause I've even had two near misses there. They look you square in the eye and turn infront of you :shock:

Volusia
28-06-2008, 01:16 AM
I also heard about this accident on my way to work this morning. Very sad news. Condolences to the family and friends. Hope they can do something to the taxi driver. This carnege has to stop!!!

Cliffrazor
28-06-2008, 07:04 AM
RIP:-( condolences to family and friends.......
and strongs to Cronos aswell:-(

CowGirl
28-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Sounds like that is a spot where people ned to be educated. 1st DTR's dad went down there (stupid cyclist), not this poor guy:-(. I'ts probaly not the busiest place in the world as I'm sure traffic to Midrand etc. is a lot worse, but it sonds like these people really don't know anything about safety on the road. And I don't mean just cagers and taxis but cyclists and pedestrians too. Maybe with the next banner day, do awareness there too.

mikey
28-06-2008, 01:37 PM
f%&king taxi:banghead::banghead::banghead: drivers,probably another one that bought his licence,:banghead: he will come off scott free gaurenteed.:evil::evil: condolences to the family and R.I.P BIKER MAN.:-(

PinkFloyd
29-06-2008, 01:18 PM
This is terrible!
R.I.P. brother :-(

Mantas
30-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I woke up that morning to the news bulletin and I went ICE ICE cold and I felt sick!! First thing that went through my head was that it's my boet :shock: Next thing was that he is on MY bike so if it's him it's my fault for lending him my ride.

Phoned and got his voicemail! Couple of seconds later he phoned me back and MAN OH MAN was I releaved!! As cruel as it may sound... I've never been so glad that someone else died (please don't read that wrong!)

My deepest thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this senseless "accident".

Cronos I know you did nothing wrong but don't EVER do that again!

Crash
30-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Mantas - I know how you feel mate...

RIP JC :cry:

Dare To Ride
01-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Yes DTR, it was on the very same spot :-( That section of road is getting very scary, cause I've even had two near misses there. They look you square in the eye and turn infront of you :shock:

Isn't there may be a way for me to build awareness or get some legal whatever going at that section?, To try and prevent any further nightmares?

Mama Bat
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
It's when reading stuff like this that i want to yell an scream!! A bakkie drove infront of my husband on his boney on his way to work 7 weeks ago, driver had nooooo licence, is alive BUT my husband is not!!!

My heart goes out to this family!!!! I know (in a way) your pain!!:?

May God fold you in His arms!!!

mikey
07-07-2008, 08:57 PM
It's when reading stuff like this that i want to yell an scream!! A bakkie drove infront of my husband on his boney on his way to work 7 weeks ago, driver had nooooo licence, is alive BUT my husband is not!!!

Condolences to you and sorry to hear about your husband:-(

Dare To Ride
16-07-2008, 02:40 PM
.... Maybe with the next banner day, do awareness there too.

That sounds fantastic count me in!!!!:headbang:

Sorry to hear the terrible news, strongs to you and your family:-(

Cronos
21-07-2008, 10:37 AM
DTR - Maybe for the banner day this comming Friday(25/07/08), how about you and I go do a silent protest on this corner? Meet there at say 06:00, put up two banners and just hand out stickers to every one willing to listen?? You game??

Any one ells willing to stop and join us, feel free.

I will post this suggestion as well on the banner day thread.

Dare To Ride
22-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Posted via Mobile Device sounds fantastic see u therere

zooma
23-07-2008, 07:34 AM
RIP.

We will always have you in our heart.

Zooma

SamIAm
23-07-2008, 07:39 AM
hey i am new and already this thread is making me sad an nervous, go in peace JC