PDA

View Full Version : Bike down on Witkoppen on friday 13th

Crash Banded Coot
17-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi guys..... i was rear-ended by a cager on Friday on witkoppen..... I'm surprised it never made the forum! they closed witkoppen to airlift my mate.... My ankle got run over by an innocent cager who was hit by my bike, so it's broken. My mate on the other hand is in High Care Unit in Jo'burg Gen.... Really thought this would be on the forum.... well.... one less gpz 1100 to worry about.... next i think i'll get a bus! The road was dry, night time and there was little lighting.... my mate on the back of my bike was wearing a luminous jacket, my indicator and brake light were on, all this seemed little matter to the drunk driver careening down witkoppen at 100 kph. we were at a stand still by the way... turning into market street..... so guys.... please be care full at night.... watch your back!!!! literally!

Richardvz
17-06-2008, 09:33 AM
SHEESH MATE!

Hope you heal up soon. Hope your maaitjie is OK. Please keep us updated.

SlimShady
17-06-2008, 09:48 AM
:-( Jeez, CBC! All the best, man...and I trust that your mate will recover completely.

Stranger
17-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Never nice to hear. Hope all turns out well and that your mate and yourself fully recover.

JolieM
17-06-2008, 12:34 PM
sorry to hear that, know it must really suck. hope you both heal up very soon

DaCat
17-06-2008, 12:39 PM
:-( Sorry to hear the bad news. I wish you and your mate a speedy recovery and keep us posted on events. Hope you nail the driver :evil::evil::evil:

Crash Banded Coot
17-06-2008, 04:38 PM
my mate had a five hour operation on monday to put pins in his leg.... he's recovering well, but he still has a long time in hospital b4 they'lll ket him loose on the world again...

Cliffrazor
17-06-2008, 04:41 PM
:shock: Terrible news to hear
:evil: to the cager,did the cops sort him out and charge him?

strongs to you and your mate:wink:

Dude
17-06-2008, 04:45 PM
:evil: to the cager,did the cops sort him out and charge him?

You must be joking..... Our cops do something?
They most likely sent him on his way with a slap on the wrist.
Seen it happen before

Diederik
17-06-2008, 06:34 PM
I can say "been there done that, got the scars" ek ken die pyne en al wat ek kan se is STERKTE en wees sterk.

Trumpet
17-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Strongs to both you & your friend.

Crash Banded Coot
17-06-2008, 07:12 PM
he was actually arrested on scene.... my mates took care of that... he spent the weekend in jail without bail and he had a court appearance today.

slowpoke
18-06-2008, 07:31 AM
no man, this is terrible news that you got taken out and your bud is so badly hurt - i hope you both heal up soon and that he gets out of hospital sooner than expected.

very glad that the #$%^& got arrested. let's hope that karma sorts him out.

JolieM
18-06-2008, 07:54 AM
no man, this is terrible news that you got taken out and your bud is so badly hurt - i hope you both heal up soon and that he gets out of hospital sooner than expected.

very glad that the #$%^& got arrested. let's hope that karma sorts him out.

+1

Richardvz
19-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Any update or your mate's condition?

Crash Banded Coot
19-06-2008, 09:38 PM
they are finally taking him off the ventilators, he's stomach is being sown back up,(they had to open him to drain the water from his spleen.), while they doing that, they will probably pin his arm. I can finally go see him tomorrow at about 3 o'clock, so, that'll be the final crux i suppose. god. It'll be a real reality check to see him with pipes and all that....... hope i can handle. all your support is greatly appreciated, and when my mate is out of hospital. I will get him to have a few words of thanks to you guys for the support.... I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

DaCat
19-06-2008, 10:21 PM
:( Eish, sorry to hear your mate is going through such a rough time. :(

Let us know details of the hospital, ward, name, etc... and if we are allowed to visit... who knows, perhaps we can make his stay in hospital a little less lonely and perhaps a little more bearable. :(

JolieM
20-06-2008, 07:36 AM
:( Eish, sorry to hear your mate is going through such a rough time. :(

Let us know details of the hospital, ward, name, etc... and if we are allowed to visit... who knows, perhaps we can make his stay in hospital a little less lonely and perhaps a little more bearable. :(

+1

Good luck on going to see him, I know it can't be easy on you either.

Alicia AlCat
20-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi - I saw Captain Crash over the weekend and man I was shocked!! Just very Glad that both of you are still alive!!!

I would go visit him but I'm suffering severe case of the flu and I dont want to pass it over to him thats the last thing he needs right now, let us know how things go after you've been there for a visit...

Crash Banded Coot
21-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Hey guys.

Ok, I went through to visit my mate yesterday,(20/06/08) and he looks like hell, But his Vitals are good. he was put back on onto the ventilator because his lungs "got tired!" but we all know. (someone didn't look at the medical chart and came up with their own cute little excuse.) on his medical chart, it says, do not remove ventilator till stomach sewn up.... This is a good, they keep him so sedated, that if he were breathing on his ace, his lungs would be confused....

any how... crux of the story is, Captain Crash is finally looking like a human being again..... yes, with a few added tubes and stuff, but hey, such is life.

so thank you all once again for the support! I always knew that bikers stick together..... a physio proved that yesterday. he pulls in with his bike, I explain this issue, and he lends me a better pair of crutches...... when i'm off the sticks, i'm taking him for a blood beer.... someone else can drive us....

DaCat
21-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Think Bike has a wheel chair that we loan out to folks needing assistance. Shout if you need it. I'm not sure where it is now, perhaps Diederik is still using it but we can make a plan.

Hang in there :-(

Crash Banded Coot
30-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Think Bike has a wheel chair that we loan out to folks needing assistance. Shout if you need it. I'm not sure where it is now, perhaps Diederik is still using it but we can make a plan.

Hang in there :-(

Thanks for that Man.... We probably will take you up on that offer....

Crash Banded Coot
30-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Ok... update time..... Sorry for the delay guys..... having trouble with my 3g connection for the past few days. But.... Captain Crash now has pneumonia and The M.R.S.A virus... you can read about this virus on www askabouthealth com/Mrsa_Virus html.

We greatly appreciate the support from everyone.... and as soon as we are able. I will definitely be Having a bring and braai get together to celebrate.

regards,
CBC

slowpoke
30-06-2008, 11:18 AM
eeek, not good that he's got nasty bugs on top of it all. Please continue to keep us informed and please also let him know that he's in the thoughts of a lot of peeps - all hoping he makes a full recovery.

JolieM
30-06-2008, 11:44 AM
eeek, not good that he's got nasty bugs on top of it all. Please continue to keep us informed and please also let him know that he's in the thoughts of a lot of peeps - all hoping he makes a full recovery.

+1

Crash
30-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Heal up fast Captain Crash !

Veneficus
01-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Heal up

Scar
01-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Get well soon guys!!!

Lots of strength to you all!

MadMackie
01-07-2008, 09:37 AM
All the best to Captain Crash. Heal up soon buddy....

Lucyfer
01-07-2008, 11:42 AM
:-( So sorry to hear - heal up soon Captain Crash and strength to both of you this must be very trying, difficult times - but we trust he will make a full and speedy recovery:wink:

Crash Banded Coot
03-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys. I'll update again on Sunday, cus I'm hopefully gonna go see him..... from what i hear, he is recovering very well and was conscious on Monday morning, chatting (to a degree, due to the trechioptimy.) and he is aware of what happened...... which is good, in a sense....

CBC.

DRZx
06-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Dude, I wish you well and a speedy recovery.

If anyone needs a wheelchair or crutches, please let me know.

Crash Banded Coot
06-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey guys, saw CC today.... Was so stoked to see him semi-conscious and responsive..... It was Awesome. and he has had the pipes from his chest removed.... He's Recovering well. And if u guys on Facebook, do a search on pray for Greg wheeler. there are alot of people supporting this page which was initiated by the guys he works with.

Crash Banded Coot
07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
If anyone has a space boot to lend me, cus my cast keeps breaking at the bottom.
Please text me on 0761016779

Crash Banded Coot
18-07-2008, 04:39 AM
to the sick, to the weak, to the broken and the meek. to greg. You were the best friend/brother anyone could have asked for.

No-one can replace you.

I WILL MISS YOU AND YOU WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS ALWAYS.

ENOMINE PATRE' ESPERITOS SANTES.

R.I.P

Lucyfer
18-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Nooo! :-( so sorry to hear:cry::cry::cry:

CBC from your post I gather that Greg has passed away. R.I.P. Greg

I will move this to the fallen thread.

Warrenpridgeon
18-07-2008, 08:17 AM
:shock::-(

R.I.P

:-(:-(

slowpoke
18-07-2008, 08:34 AM
R.I.P. :cry: :cry: :cry:

DaCat
18-07-2008, 08:51 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: This is really sad news... words fail me :cry:

AmandaP
18-07-2008, 09:02 AM
So sorry to hear :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Richardvz
18-07-2008, 09:06 AM
OMG! This is very sad. RIP.

And he was doing so well.

Our thoughts go to his family and to you too Crash Banded. May you find comfort in this horrific time.

Vixen
18-07-2008, 09:11 AM
:-( Awful News , so sorry to hear
Our condolences to all friends and family
May Greg rest in peace

MadMackie
18-07-2008, 10:05 AM
So sorry to hear:-(:-(:-(.

R.I.P Greg.

Condolences to family and friends

axl69
18-07-2008, 12:31 PM
That is such bad news
Our thoughts are with Greg's friends and family

R.I.P GREG

Scar
18-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Condolences.

RIP.

Dare To Ride
21-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Sorry to hear this CBC, strongs to you, Condolences to his family....R.I.P

Skinny
21-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Heya Banded, met you this morning when I came to the shop for a new battery. First I heard bout the crash. Shocking to hear all the details! So sorry bout your maatjie, very sad sitting here now... Be strong & heal up soon! That leg looks eina as well!!!

Crash Banded Coot
22-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey guy and gals... Greg's (captain Crashes) funeral will be on saturday the 26th at 2 pm at the church on tin road.

If you wanna come, and need directions, e-mail me on dark.jedeye@vodamail.co.za

Crash Banded Coot
11-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Hey guys,

For those still interested,

The guy who hit us has bribed one of the witnesses to say that we were drunk on the bike. He also, from what we suspect, bought the case file.

Greg, (captain Crash) Has now been Riding the sky ways for about 8 months now, and has been missed terribly all this time.

And i am looking for anyone who would like some projects or spares.

Have a Suzuki gs1000 that blew two pistons to pieces,
A Honda 500 4k (i think) which just refuses to start after complete overhaul.

And a Honda cb 400f (solely for spares.)
If u interested, please pm me or email me on dark.jedeye@vodamail.co.za

Dev
11-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Thats horrible to hear man, may Karma get the cage driver back ten fold!!

Vixen
11-02-2009, 11:16 AM
that is absolutely shocking..... may the driver who hit you guys and caused the loss of a loved one and the witness after a quick buck get the justice they deserve..... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jadd
11-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey guys,

For those still interested,

The guy who hit us has bribed one of the witnesses to say that we were drunk on the bike. He also, from what we suspect, bought the case file.

Please pm me details of this, police station etc
thanks