PDA

View Full Version : only one cage gave way

McGyver
30-10-2007, 08:02 AM
This morning only one cage gave me a gap on the N1, but this is good not bad, as there was no need for the others to give way. The majority of cages were to the right of the fast lane and to the left of the middle lane giving us bikers/cyclists a nice wide gap to ride through. What a lekker ride, also did you guys see the info boards on the N1 are now telling cages to look out for bikes when changing lanes, saw this on Friday for the first time. :) :)

DaCat
30-10-2007, 09:56 PM
8) Great news, nice to have the bike lane open 8)

Well done to the cagers 8)

EsioTrot
07-11-2007, 01:33 PM
I have also noticed the signs saying Look out for Bikes, on N1 North near Woodmead Macro. This seems to be having a very possitve impact on driver awareness and consideration.

:D :D :D :D

Thanks to the cagers that have kept a nice big space open for Bikers.

But there will allways be the idiot who still change lanes without looking or indicating, so we should still not split too fast.

Some of you may have passed me riding on the freeway on my scooter, and you are laughing now because I ride like a tortoise, but as I become more confident on the freeways I will gradualy split a bit faster, but always within safe limits (for my bike and my skills level).

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Don't take chances!!!

:)

Split
07-11-2007, 07:54 PM
OK, so lets respond by being extra courteous - and cautious - out there.

And if the gap is bigger, the temptation to speed up grows, so keep it at jogging speed faster than traffic.

Remember to wave with ALL your fingers...

Dada
22-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Had a similar incident happen to me the other day in peak traffic to PTA. But when I thought about it its not that bad. Traffic was moving at around 50-60kms which really doesnt necessitate you dodging sideview mirrors at 80!

When the hell are they gonna invent pip protectors with aircon in it??? JIRRE IT WAS HOT IN THAT SUN WITH MY MATT BLACK HELMET!!! :lol: