PDA

View Full Version : R6 - Glen Cairn, Cpt

Spy
16-07-2007, 09:27 PM
I know some of you saw the R6 that had crashed opp Glen Cairne beach (btm of Black Hill) on Sunday 15th and are wondering what happend?

The bloke on the R6 come down Black Hill pass and turning right onto the main Rd to Simons Town, decided to pull off to the left at the beach parking lot, only to have a lady in a cage, hit him from behind left, breaking his leg and damaging the bike all down the right side.
She admitted she wasn't concentrating in front of her and she didn't see him indicating to pull over. :x

Report from Traffic Official (Ferdie, rides GS1150) old mate of mine.

Cage drivers never seem to concentrate do they !?!

Scorp
16-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah we heard about it, the story we heard was that the guy got a punture and crashed and broke his leg.
Thanks for the report Spy.

Pipe Dream
16-07-2007, 09:47 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Yeah thanks Spy for filing in the blanks!! Poor dude, hope the damamge wasn't too hectic!! Maybe you'll be seeing him in your shop one of these days for repairs.

EvilBiker
17-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I know some of you saw the R6 that had crashed opp Glen Cairne beach (btm of Black Hill) on Sunday 15th and are wondering what happend?

The bloke on the R6 come down Black Hill pass and turning right onto the main Rd to Simons Town, decided to pull off to the left at the beach parking lot, only to have a lady in a cage, hit him from behind left, breaking his leg and damaging the bike all down the right side.
She admitted she wasn't concentrating in front of her and she didn't see him indicating to pull over. :x

Report from Traffic Official (Ferdie, rides GS1150) old mate of mine.

Cage drivers never seem to concentrate do they !?!

Yeah, saw it too and stopped to give assistance. Guy had a fracture to left leg - I at first thought it was broken, but turned out not to be.

I can confirm the above story - the car that hit him was a Subaru SUV.

DaCat
17-07-2007, 11:50 AM
:( :( :( Best wishes to the rider :(

Spy
18-07-2007, 10:46 AM
[quote="Pipe Dream Maybe you'll be seeing him in your shop one of these days for repairs.[/quote]

Yip the bike was dropped off here yesterday. The whole side fairing panals; Akro pipe etc. are messed up. :(
Guys name is Kiyaam, bike is a grey 2003 R6.

Pipe Dream
18-07-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm sending my psychic reading finders fee bill to Linex tomorrow!! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: